Alex Cross vs. Azazel

MATCH SCORE
Alex Cross: 2
Azazel: 4

Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. Bone Saw McGraw

MATCH SCORE
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 7
Bone Saw McGraw: 4

Bass Armstrong vs. Alex (Street Fighter)

MATCH SCORE
Bass Armstrong: 2
Alex (Street Fighter): 5

Dhalsim vs. Voldo

MATCH SCORE
Dhalsim: 4
Voldo: 3

Sign in to follow this  
Fox

Notes on Draft Season One

Hey guys

With the commencement of the CBUB Fantasy Teams feature (in progress), a couple notes.

First off, It has been noted that some characters in play do not really fit the description of "Street Level".  OK, that's my bad.  I had a lot going on trying to code this and looking over forty-something teams. 

Next season we'll try and get more knowledgeable people to help do the Admin.  In the meantime, just roll with it.  One powerful character is not going to carry a team through the Individual Rounds - and just vote it the way that feel right to you.  Hey, Squirrel Girl beat Dr. Doom, right?

Second... Holy Crap there's almost 50 teams!  There's over 300 characters in play.  That being the case there will be more rounds than originally envisioned but each round will be shorter.  

The individual contests will be 10 rounds - each round lasting 3.5 days (2 rounds a week).  The individual rounds will still last a total of 5 weeks which was the original goal.  The rounds will just happen faster.

Should be interesting... Thanks!

I'll step up for judging on power scale next time.

Heh, and here I was wondering who this "UMPIRE" dude was that's spamming topics. Callisto might be jealous :P 

First off, It has been noted that some characters in play do not really fit the description of "Street Level".  OK, that's my bad.  I had a lot going on trying to code this and looking over forty-something teams. 

Next season we'll try and get more knowledgeable people to help do the Admin.  In the meantime, just roll with it.  One powerful character is not going to carry a team through the Individual Rounds - and just vote it the way that feel right to you.  Hey, Squirrel Girl beat Dr. Doom, right?

Know I'm one of the complainers. Really glad you took note on that stuff, and I think if we have a couple of people judging power levels before a character is allowed on a team, then that will alleviate the hostility towards a character in their matches. I know this has been really busy for you, so no hate on you over the characters that are in the tourney.

if you need someone to help out with power levels next season I'll see if I can help on the comics side.

Please note that next time you might want to set some winning conditions for these things.

I'll step up for judging on power scale next time.

if you need someone to help out with power levels next season I'll see if I can help on the comics side.

Heh. Where were you guys when... 

http://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php/topic/31374-need-2-or-3-volunteers-to-admin-fantasy-season-1-draft/ ?

I would have volunteered for that, but I saw Fox's comment about how he was gonna do the first season by himself to test everything out. That said, I'd be happy to do it next time.

Well next season my offer still stands to help out.

Please note that next time you might want to set some winning conditions for these things.

mr-t-operators.jpg

I PITY DA FOOL WHO DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE VICTORY CONDITIONS!  BUST YA UP IF YOU DIDN'T READ ABOUT 'EM.  T LOVES KIDS, GIVES 'EM VICTORY CONDITIONS FOOL!  READ THE FAQ, TELLS YOU HOW TO WIN THE SEASON, FOOL.

• Like 2

mr-t-operators.jpg

I PITY DA FOOL WHO DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE VICTORY CONDITIONS!  BUST YA UP IF YOU DIDN'T READ ABOUT 'EM.  T LOVES KIDS, GIVES 'EM VICTORY CONDITIONS FOOL!  READ THE FAQ, TELLS YOU HOW TO WIN THE SEASON, FOOL.

I mean for the individual contests btween characters.  Are we going to K.O./ to the death, what?  What about setting?

I mean for the individual contests btween characters.  Are we going to K.O./ to the death, what?  What about setting?

I see.  You know we tried putting canned scenarios into FPL matches at one point.  I don't know that it really added much.

Choosing a random pre-written scenario is probably the best that could be done using a program to automate the matches.  Or we could just assume they all take place as an Arena match.

Or a baseball diamond, just with the fantasy aspect and the umpire and all that. 

It seems we've had some team disqualifications.  A user was found to have multi-accounted to create 5 different teams.  Those 5 teams will not continue the season.

Thanks!

I like the addition of the terrans.

-Rakai'Thwei

I like the addition of the terrains.

-Rakai'Thwei

Appreciate that.  Thanks!

Yeah it definitely was a great idea. Makes the fights even more interesting.

Big Thumbs up for the new Terrain's addition to this helps a lot.

I wonder if the Terrain should be taken into account of debates.

-Rakai'Thwei

Curious question, lets say for example that Dante (From DMC) is put into the melee category.

Does that mean that he only has his melee weapons, or would he still be carrying his guns? Because there's a lot of characters that could fit into both ranged and melee.

I wonder if the Terrain should be taken into account of debates.

-Rakai'Thwei

Definitely. It determines who would have the better advantage there. The jungle works great for a battle between Xena and the Smiley Predator.