Juggernaut: 2
Lobo: 13

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Odin (Marvel) vs. Death Phantom

MATCH SCORE
Odin (Marvel): 9
Death Phantom: 2

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Alucard vs. Magik (Illyana Rasputin)

MATCH SCORE
Alucard: 4
Magik (Illyana Rasputin): 9

By UMPIRE

9:4 - Quasar (Wendell Vaughn) vs. Captain Atom

MATCH SCORE
Quasar (Wendell Vaughn): 4
Captain Atom: 9

1:1 - Batman-Richard Grayson vs. Jackie Chan (Adventures)

SEASON 1, ROUND 1

Batman-Richard Grayson

5306.jpg

Season Wins: 0

Season Losses: 0

Read more about Batman-Richard Grayson at Wikipedia

Official Site: DC Comics

Jackie Chan (Adventures)

4755.jpg

Season Wins: 0

Season Losses: 0

Read more about Jackie Chan (Adventures) at Wikipedia

Official Site: Sony

idk, chan's luck may come into play highly here.

idk, chan's luck may come into play highly here.

While luck's definitely something Chan has in spades, a lot of what looked like luck is just his unorthodox fighting style. One that even someone as well trained as Dick will be hard pressed to figure out. 

While luck's definitely something Chan has in spades, a lot of what looked like luck is just his unorthodox fighting style. One that even someone as well trained as Dick will be hard pressed to figure out. 

I know.  I could just see Dick going to through a punch and Jackie stumble.  Dick misses the punch and grabs the cape and pulls Grayson to the floor.

Jackie Chan wins. Jackie Chan from this cartoon series will have some sort of talisman that gives him a power that puts the chances of winning in his favor. Plus their is Chan's luck too...

Another thing Jackie has going for him, like most protagonists in that series, is his amazing slight of hand abilities. I can see him getting in close and removing Batman's utility belt.

Grayson's just as acrobatic and is just as skilled a sleight of hand - he's that good. Jackie's martial art skills likely pales in comparison to Grayson's as well so if Jackie's going to win this, he'll need a talisman.

Can anyone confirm he has a talisman or not?

Without one, Grayson pretty much takes it... and before anyone tries to countermand me with Jackie having heightened speed and whatnot, this is comics. Grayson is like peak human and that means definitely above our definition of human and henceforth heightened speed and whatnot.

How do Jackie's martial arts pale in comparison to Dick's? On that show Jackie is very capable of beating Grayson since he has fought defeated more powerful foes with all sorts of crazy abilities.  Jackie after the first episode of the show seems to always have a talisman on him. This is a equal fight where both men are skilled enough to beat each other.

I'm not so sure about all that. I think Greyson's only true physical advantage is in his defense thanks to the batsuit. They've both trained their whole lives, they're both used to fighting off multiple opponents at once (While Jackie fights off the super human Shadow Khan, Dick has to deal with bullets, that evens things up in my estimation), physically there's little difference to note, they both use their environment to their advantage, just in slightly different ways. But the fact is, that even without any magical support, Jackie is used to fighting super human opponents.  

His only other advantage is are the tools in his belt. Which, again, I can see Jackie removing. It's not a question of Dick's slight of hand ability, I think any talisman's Jackie has could be taken by Dick as well, and much easier since it's the difference between holding and wearing. 

On the note of talismans, I guess it's my call since Jackie's on my team. Since I think this is a relatively even fight where Jackie doesn't necessarily need talismans, I'll say that if you think he needs them he can have access to the snake, pig, and horse talismans. Which, as far as I'm concerned, only come into the play if you feel it's needed to make it a more even fight.

Pretty much what Tom said. I agree. Even without the talisman Jackie could still win though he always has one on him at least from what I remember since he was always racing to look for the others throughout his adventures.

How do Jackie's martial arts pale in comparison to Dick's? On that show Jackie is very capable of beating Grayson since he has fought defeated more powerful foes with all sorts of crazy abilities.  Jackie after the first episode of the show seems to always have a talisman on him. This is a equal fight where both men are skilled enough to beat each other.

Because Dick trains often whereas Jackie doesn't - this should be common sense/knowledge.

And Dick Grayson's done the same - no different but the fact is, his skills are still superior. And if Jackie's always had a talisman on him, that's more attributable to the fact the talisman would be why Jackie has done well against opponents like these, which hurts your argument.

And given that I think Dick's superior, people may call for the Talismans anyways. I've already voted for Dick.

I agree with Tom that this fight would be fun to watch.

Now I do think Dick has a much better chance of winning though certain points are pretty close, skillwise I would they are worthy opponents to each other but Dick is actually the more varied and possibly even aggressive of the two. Chan primarily uses a mix of various kung fu, which is very formidable but he almost always is on the defensive in a fight (example here, skim through the episode to the battles and though the Drunken Fist homage is awesome, it's unlikely to happen here). From Tohru to a group of shadow-kahn, he's the underdog which is fine from a narrative position but that does limit him in a fight with someone whose combat skills are at least up to par. Also since the battle-field is vague his classic grab something and improvise a weapon is severely limited to a variable here, the intention I assume is a straight fight. His improv skills is really his best bet I think, so that's a point against him wheras Dick by this point has evolved his style to resemble Bruce's(to keep up the masquerade of Batman still existing) and he doesn't rely on his escrima-sticks to whoop ass(not that he necessarily needs them). On that note Dick has his natural acrobatics to work with in addition to(depending on the writer) anywhere from half a dozen to around 10 different martial arts mastered; among em usually listed are:

Escrima w/ empty-hand(aka Jason Bourne), Aikido(admittadely a bit dubious given he's seen not touching the ground more than he is, but possible), Savate, Judo, and capoeira. That's going to lead to a lot more versatility that Dick can use which might knock Jackie on his ass at a surprising moment, the "unpredictability" argument is a two-way street here especially when one of them DRESSES UP LIKE A BAT TO INSTILL FEAR!

As for experience, while Jackie probably grew up learning Kung fu to become a friggin badass he probably didn't stat really utilizing to the extent that your arguing until the point of the series being around(any previous archeologist dig traps aside). So compared to Dick he's a bit new to the superhero game. On the point of Dick, he's been doing this since either 9 or 12(depending on the continuity), and before that he was already near the peak of physical perfection as one of the best acrobats alive at the time(not going into the New-52 Haley circus stuff since Grayson-Batman would lean more to Morrison's run Pre-52 but still impressive) so he's probably more fit than Jackie no matter how good he is. Training from Bruce just adds to his credentials so in terms of experience Dick has MOST fictional characters beat on the nose. Still it is a point that neither of these guys are unbeatable there are plenty of stories on both ends of them getting dropped unceremoniously...however you can't compare Dick getting tossed aside by Mr. Freeze or an elite mook who has super strength against Jackie getting sucker-punched by Ratso or El Toro. They both work regularly and the shadowkahn...their effectiveness is really inconsistent for a running show. More often than not they're for stalling. In terms of acrobatics...hehe, outmaneuvering Dick Grayson is a very difficult thing to do. A lot of Jackie's feats are impressive but Dick is constantly characterized as roofhopping Gotham City effortlessly. I don't think Jackie could win that at all.

Finally equipment...Jackie has none. He's a procure on-sight kind of guy I think we can agree. Now the talismins would be helpful to gamebreaking depending which, but the thing is I assume we can say that this fight is between what would normally be the case for them to carry. Dick isn't going to have any personal-buit gadgets on him and Jackie isn't going to have 12 magical talismins that in-story he is apprehensive about using in the first place. I think this is purely meant to be a close-up battle. I for one made Dick my h2h master so yeah.  On the other hand, Grayson has a high tech suit of Kevlar and weave armor. That's going to help him deflect lucky hits from Jackie. The utility belt might have some gas or smoke bombs, flashbang grapple-gun, even batarangs of assortment I could stretch it so that's a big advantage. The only think I found that he wouldn't have up top Bruce's specs are his cape, which he admits to not liking and modified it in a "para-cape" which works for gliding like in the Arkham/Nolan series'. As for the particular argument about the utility belt, while I can't recall a scene where it's the case for his particular one, remember that Dick repurposed one of Bruce's suits(given that he's probably a few pounds lighter and a head shorter than his mentor), and a usual feature for the utility belt is a stun-shock for anybody who isn't supposed to be holding it so that's the last thing Jackie wants to try to do.

Bottom line, this would be an awesome fight but Jackie is outmatched overall.

• Like 1

Well it is my character, put up or shut-up right?

I thought we were debating...I mean they can feel free to counter-point if they think Im wrong, even if Im right, that's my take on things. Or am I too out of the loop to remember how this goes?

Well, did I do something bad?

Alright, first off. On the whole "Jackie always had a Talisman on hand" but, that only applies to season one. Jackie rarely had them in season 2, and beyond that any use of them was purely on a episode by episode basis. So, as I said, only consider them in favor of making the fight more interesting, and if you have to only those three I stated. I, personally, don't think they're exactly necessary so I won't really focus on them. If this was Jade in the fight, then talismans would definitely come into play

Skills: While Dick Greyson has an experience edge, Jackie - as per the end of the series - is used to fighting various super powered foes (granted so is Greyson, but more often he fights regular thugs) and has been doing so for years. He has had plenty of time to adapt his years of practice into real world experience to limit any real experience edge Dick Greyson has, considering fighting experience isn't as cumulative as some people like to suggest (not naming any names, or accusing anyone of doing that here), but experience tends to yield less and less reward over time. You can only learn so many ways to dodge a punch before it stops being beneficial... Well, beneficial beyond not getting punched that is. Also, it's a safe assumption that Jackie used his skills plenty on his explorations of various temples. Based on nearly every journey he goes on, they are always filled with traps. 

Now we could get into the whole "100 styles vs 1 style" argument, but I find that's a really tired and pointless debate, especially since as Kevin pointed out, Jackie doesn't stick to one style of Kung Fu. But the whole "defensive vs aggressive" debate has merit. Yes, Jackie is seen on the defensive more often than not, but not for lack of ability, that's just his fighting style. That's apparent any time Jackie gets split with the tiger talisman and his dark half gets in serious butt kicking mode. So our Batman will press Jackie for most of the fight, but that's exactly what Chan wants. 

And of course there's an unpredictability factor for both. Not only is that the case in every fight to some degree, but both fighters have this in spades. But Jackie has a much more chaotic style. There's of course the luck factor that was previously mentioned, but more so, as I said before, Jackie has a very disarming style that creates those lucky opportunities. DIck's going to find himself in a situation where it's like fighting the Joker, except in this case the Joker is every bit as skilled as him. But, at the same time, that skill won't be apparent right away. 

Stats: I maintain they are roughly even here. Dick may be the better acrobat, but Jackie is no slouch when it comes to mobility and balance, putting the difference there minor at best. Speed and reflexes both seem to be too close to call. The both are adapt to reacting to multiple attacks at once, and are both experts at not getting hit. And while Dick does have to deal with guns more often, Jackie has to dodge plenty of projectiles from arrows (which are indeed slower), to dragon blasts and various other kind of magical attacks. But, as I type this I've been watching episodes of Jackie Chan adventures on Netflix, and as best I can tell, Jackie has a strength edge. I wouldn't have said this before, but in season 2 episdoe 18: Agent Tag, there's a point where the only weapon Jackie has in the unconscious agent Tag, whom he proceeds to lift up and swing to combat an opponent with a bow staff. 

Equipment: True, Jackie has none. I pictured this fight taking place in a city, giving them both an environment to adapt to. But in an empty arena Jackie is not completely without his advantages. Jackie can and will use the Bat suit to his advantage. Anything from grabbing the long cape, to pulling the hood down over Dick's eyes, Jackie will do. If Jackie stays in close enough, he'll be able to knock any tools out of Dick's hand. I can see him kicking a smoke bomb back into Dick's face before it goes off. Any tool Dick can use, Jackie can turn back on him. Such is his adaptability. I will, however, qualify these claims by admitting that some of these are long shots, but not outside the realm of possibility. 

And yes, there is no double that Dick has enough protection to keep him in the game for an indefinite amount of time. But, as is common to point out, his weak point is his exposed chin. As any fighter will tell you, it just takes one good shot to the jaw to knock someone out. Plus, as I said, Jackie will use the suit the against Dick any chance he gets. Pulling the hood over his eyes, which I can promise will happen (I've seen Joker use this ploy on Bruce, so I know it can work) will result in Dick, at best, being distracted while he fixes his hood, and at worst, taking the cowl off and exposing his head. 

Finally, after fighting dragons, sky demons, mountain demons, dark sorcerers, evil ninjas, giant demon heads, and various other monsters, a man in a bat suit won't be too scary for the Chan man.

That's funny. Superman's fought against worse things and he's still intimidated by Batman. Unless Grayson's skills suck in that department, he's got that going too.

Not to mention it's a running gag where Jackie gets scared half the time in the show.

NICE TRY :P

That's funny. Superman's fought against worse things and he's still intimidated by Batman. Unless Grayson's skills suck in that department, he's got that going too.

Not to mention it's a running gag where Jackie gets scared half the time in the show.

Why is Superman intimidated by Batman though? Bat suit, or Bat stare? And Dick Greyson smiles too much to have an equally as effective Bat stare as Bruce does.

It was a dark and silent night. Jackie Chan was walking home, his arms full of grocery bags. He had been on edge ever since the latest Shendu breakout. He had no idea what the demon was planning. Only that he could strike at any moment. Luckily, Jade was home safe with uncle. As long as she didn't decide she needed to go to the store with him. She was an unpredictable one. 

A dark shadow passed over head. Startled, Jackie looked up and dropped a bag. He was being watched. That much was clear. "Jade?" he asked, his voice shaky, "Come on out Jade. I don't appreciate you trying to scare me."

No answer. No movement. Nothing. A sudden rustle of trash cans. Jackie jumped, and dropped his groceries. A bag of frozen peas tore open and scattered across the ground.  From the shadows of the ally, a rat came running out. Jackie sighed in relief as the animal began eating the peas. 

From behind him, a gruff voice spoke, "Jumpy are we?" 

Jackie turned quickly, taking a fighting stance. He looked to his follower and asked, "Why are you dressed like a bat?"

"I'm Batman."

"No, seriously," Jackie said, "It's not Halloween, why are you dressed like a bat?"

Batman cracked his knuckles, curled his lip, stared at Jackie, and said, "I AM BATMAN!"

"That's crazy. You are crazy," Jackie said, laughing, "now please, I am just trying to get home to cook dinner for my uncle and niece."

"What are you having?"

"Meatloaf, probably," Jackie said, "Why do you ask?"

Batman threw a punch aimed at Jackie's head, which Jackie dodged by jumping backward. "I HATE MEATLOAF!" And the fight was on.

That's how I see the intimidation factor going, more or less.