Q-Rex: 1
Dragonzord: 3

By UMPIRE

Leifang vs. Asuka Kazama

MATCH SCORE
Leifang: 2
Asuka Kazama: 3

By UMPIRE

Cad Bane vs. Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch)

MATCH SCORE
Cad Bane: 3
Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch): 1

By UMPIRE

Blue Mary vs. Cassandra Alexander

MATCH SCORE
Blue Mary: 0
Cassandra Alexander: 5

By UMPIRE

Tracer (Overwatch) vs. Chell (Portal)

MATCH SCORE
Tracer (Overwatch): 5
Chell (Portal): 1

By UMPIRE

Sailor Scouts vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Sailor Scouts: 6
Cybermen (Mondasian): 0

By UMPIRE

Kilik vs. Ash Crimson

MATCH SCORE
Kilik: 1
Ash Crimson: 2

By UMPIRE

Tasha Yar vs. Al Capone

MATCH SCORE
Tasha Yar: 5
Al Capone: 1

By UMPIRE

Kasumi vs. Kazumi Mishima

MATCH SCORE
Kasumi: 5
Kazumi Mishima: 2

By UMPIRE

Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Jhun Hoon

MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 7
Jhun Hoon: 0

By UMPIRE

9:10 - Ozymandias (Watchmen) vs. Lisbeth Salander

MATCH SCORE
Ozymandias (Watchmen): 8
Lisbeth Salander: 0

By UMPIRE

9:10 - Zombies (World War Z) vs. Ewoks

MATCH SCORE
Zombies (World War Z): 7
Ewoks: 4

FPL Character Creator Open (Beta)

Wait, I see sentient vehicle but not 'non-sentient' vehicle. If my dude has a cop car which is non sentient, do I use the same thing?  

Sure.  And if you want your Cop Car to help fight tack on the Minions power "Guardian".

But modern cop cars are somewhat sophisticated.  I mean, the Batmobile is given as an example in the Wiki for Sentient Vehicle.  Even just regular cars are getting more sophisticated all the time.  e.g. Google's self-driving car.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ranged hand to hand? Becki could take that. 

It seems like according to the power Gadgetry you don't need Marksman. Would this be an adequate substitution for piercing weapon and Marksman?

Another view on Gadgetry. 

Take a Ghostbuster, for example.  A Ghostbuster has a nuclear powered proton accelerator strapped to his back but he is definitely not a Marksman (as seen in the movies).  Proton streams spew every which-a-way.

Use a high Agility stat and define it as being a dead shot (Marksman) and take Gadgetry as a weapon.

So technically we could use gadgetry and name it as a gun or sword 

Sure, if it fits your character concept.  I mean, the end goal is to write an engaging character people like, really, and use the powers as a framework to express the character idea.

So... wait. I'm confused. Weapons Master is now the thing we choose for sword, etc.?

Yeah, take Weapons Master.  The power implies that you are a master and that you have said weapon.  The power has advantages like Ranged Attack on it.

If you are a Dex fighter (knives, bows) take a high Agility.  If you are a bruiser (axes, clubs) take a high strength.

Well, anyways, that is one way to do it.  There are many roads one can take to framework a character.

Basically, you aren't spending double points to use a weapon anymore.

This game is becoming a little too sophisticated for me apparently haha. So weapons master and Gadgetry is the same power basically? 

I don't see it that way myself, but I think you can get to the same ends with either. 

I mean, it depends on the character right?  If I was going to make Conan I would most certainly take weapon master over gadgetry.  Because a Conan is not a gadgetry... he's a big dude that uses a big sword.

If I was going to make Batman I might go with Gadgetry.

This game is becoming a little too sophisticated for me apparently haha. So weapons master and Gadgetry is the same power basically? 

Kinda. The main difference I guess is gadgets don't necessarily need skill to use. A swordsmen would take Weapon Master while a thug with a knife might take gadgetry.

A few problems with the 'you took power X, look it up on the wiki' feature during power selection:

*The displayed power prefers the wiki-name over the FPL-name; it should prefer the FPL name so it's clear which line goes with which power.

*It fails to clean up properly if I set the power category to 'no power' rather than the power itself.

The character creator had a couple of bugs which have been resolved.  Thanks to MikeEB for pointing them out.

In the next couple days I will be making some modifications. 

- Decrease Travel Power costs

- allow advantages on Hand to Hand

- Add a couple more powers

If you plan on taking a Travel power or Hand-To-Hand you might want to wait.

And that should be that.

Area Effect on a travel power could signify a character who can grand said power to people close to them, like a Green Lantern allowing others around him to fly by enveloping them in his energy stuff, So yeah, I think travel powers should keep the modifiers.

Area Effect shouldn't be allowed on most (all?) Travel powers. 

Does it really matter? I can't imagine anyone getting hung up on a teleporter having or not having area effect. It's less that it shouldn't be allowed, then that it's kind of pointless to have on there

Edit:

Area Effect on a travel power could signify a character who can grand said power to people close to them, like a Green Lantern allowing others around him to fly by enveloping them in his energy stuff, So yeah, I think travel powers should keep the modifiers.

Oh, that makes sense. That should totally be in there.

Yeah, modifiers on Travel powers can represent all sorts of things. Teleportation with Ranged could represent something similar to the guns from Portal. Enhanced Speed with a modifier could be a Haste spell you cast on other people. Elemental Surfing with Area Effect could be like Iceman creating an ice slide large enough for an entire team. I'm sure there are crazier and cooler combos than those that people'll come up with.

At the very least, it's not like you're going to somehow "overpower" Travel options with modifiers any more than other powers.  As I see it the option simply encourages creativity, seeing what can be done and thinking of how to make it work.  AoE with a super jump for the stompy shockwave, teleportation and multi-attack to scramble the locations of multiple objects around the battlefield, etc.

Hey, I want to finish up Development on the creator by this weekend, so if you guys have any more suggestions please put them out there.

You know how it is when I feel I've finished something and wander away from it.  Could be awhile before I get back to it.

Thanks!

One question. Will we be able to use points to edit characters? Even characters from the previous incarnation.

One question. Will we be able to use points to edit characters? Even characters from the previous incarnation.

Sorry, I will not be adding any Character Editing functionality at this time.

All existing Version 1 characters with over 3 Wins will probably get set to 2 wins and knocked out on the kill floor or progress.

If you want to update an existing 14 point Version 1 character, re-create it as a Version 2 character and send it to the kill floor.  The "Disable" button will be making a reappearance so you can disable a Version 1 character if you wish. 

I don't see any reason why Travel, or indeed any, power shouldn't have modifiers. It'll keep things broad.

So anyways, might I suggest Resurrection as a power?

Actually, I like having less but broader powers, but if there's one thing that we always seem to need to make combos for, it's Resurrection. Also, just throwing this out here... Can of Whoop Ass.

Resurrection would be a cool power. I was planning a character where energy body and poison was used to create resurrection but having an actual resurrection power would be nice.