Alex Cross vs. Azazel

MATCH SCORE
Alex Cross: 2
Azazel: 4

Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. Bone Saw McGraw

MATCH SCORE
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 7
Bone Saw McGraw: 4

Bass Armstrong vs. Alex (Street Fighter)

MATCH SCORE
Bass Armstrong: 2
Alex (Street Fighter): 5

Dhalsim vs. Voldo

MATCH SCORE
Dhalsim: 4
Voldo: 3

Cindy Aurum vs. Deliah Blue

MATCH SCORE
Cindy Aurum: 4
Deliah Blue: 3

Yoshimitsu vs. Ryu Hayabusa

MATCH SCORE
Yoshimitsu: 1
Ryu Hayabusa: 5

Sign in to follow this  
Fox

FPL Main Event Tournament 2013

The Tournament

An elimination style tournament where the characters that are eligible move towards a final battle in the Main Event.

Character Eligibility

Characters which have gained 300+ Fame and are currently in queue for the Main Event.

Bye Week

In the event there is an odd number of contenders for a round, the character with the highest Fame Points will be allowed a bye on the round.

Main Event

The current champion of the Main Event is Zombie Girl.  The surviving character of the eliminations tournament will face Zombie Girl in the Main Event.

Prizes and eligibility

The two players with characters which make it to the Main Event will win a prize of a $50 dollar Amazon gift card.

The player which wins the Main Event with their character will win a prize of a $100 dollar Amazon gift card.

To be eligible for the prizes

• You must have a character which is reliable to be in and participates in the tournament
  • An eligible character must survive to the Main Event
  • You must have either a valid email or mailing address you are willing to provide in the event you win so that the prize can get to you

Prizes will be dispensed through Amazon at the completion of the tournament and Main Event.  Notification of winning will only be given via these electricferret forums.

These prizes are just to say thanks for participating in the FPL.  Good luck!

Thanks!

Now we're talking.  It might be time to reactivate all my characters!

It might be time for me to write characters who are worth being active!

Bye Week

In the event there is an odd number of contenders for a round, the character with the highest Fame Points will be allowed a bye on the round.

For the sake of fairness, it would be nice if the bye went to the highest Fame character who hasn't gotten a bye yet.

EDIT: Or a random character.  Or anything that doesn't guarantee that all the byes in a row go to the same character.

Is the winner of the main event getting 150 dollars?

That does seem to be the case, yes.

For the sake of fairness, it would be nice if the bye went to the highest Fame character who hasn't gotten a bye yet.

EDIT: Or a random character.  Or anything that doesn't guarantee that all the byes in a row go to the same character.

A fair point, yep.

Nice. Some of our newbies have a lot of reading to do.

"A lot" comes nowhere near covering how much reading there is to do. I'm still very excited for the tournament, but I've hardly even skimmed most of these characters in the past. 5 days until voting ends, right?

"A lot" comes nowhere near covering how much reading there is to do. I'm still very excited for the tournament, but I've hardly even skimmed most of these characters in the past. 5 days until voting ends, right?

You're not alone. A lot of these guys have been in hibernation, for years in some cases. I had mostly forgotten about Hanako and Thomas Jackson before I saw them here; had to re-read a few sections to bone up. 

You guys...!  I am going to have to really concentrate to focus on finishing the RP with my excitement over FPLness happening.  That banner is beautiful.  On that note, I like ZG, but Zombie Girl must DIE!

Listen voters.  Vote treacherous in all matches!  All my characters are better than all other characters, period.  Speaking of which, Where's BPI and Cimmerian?

Speaking of which, Where's BPI and Cimmerian?

They had already competed for the Main Event looks like.

You guys...!  I am going to have to really concentrate to focus on finishing the RP with my excitement over FPLness happening.  That banner is beautiful.  On that note, I like ZG, but Zombie Girl must DIE!

sad_panda_chibi_by_mshydeplz.png

This post makes me a saaaaaaad panda.

• Like 1

PS: Old Roger is the only Global to reach 500 (Cosmic)!  I should win a car or something!

PS: Old Roger is the only Global to reach 500 (Cosmic)!  I should win a car or something!

HW_baron_green_oncard.jpg

Also, damn it Deo. This is the first time I've had a problem with people writing long characters.

Victor Vandal for the win! Word Limit characters for the win!

thank god I spend most of my free time at work reading fpl characters, otherwise I'd be screwed.

It's okay, she's already dead.  C wut I did thar?

I know she died, because YOU KILLED HER! What do you have against her that you have to kill her for a second time? At some point it's just stalking. 

On a serious note to everyone, when the big match comes up, vote for the one you like the best and don't let how long she's been champion play into the decision. Go with your heart, and let your spirit run free.  

Also, damn it Deo. This is the first time I've had a problem with people writing long characters.

I didn't intend them to be read along side every other famous character in the database at once. They're fine when you read them on their own like you might under normal circumstances. Still, there are some good ones in there; scratch that, they're all good, I should know, I wrote them.

But specifically, if you liked Sack Full of Spiders, The Force Warriors might be up your alley, it's the same kind of humor. Superhouse and Evilhouse would be too if I hadn't deleted them, but I'm sure they're in the CA board somewhere. Might rework them, they'd be one of the few street level guys I did that would benefit from having ten extra points.