Raphael (Mirage): 6
Iori Yagami: 4

By UMPIRE

Michael Myers vs. Jason Voorhees

MATCH SCORE
Michael Myers: 0
Jason Voorhees: 4

By UMPIRE

Domino (Marvel Comics) vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Domino (Marvel Comics): 2
Cybermen (Mondasian): 3

By UMPIRE

Xu Wenwu vs. Sun Ce

MATCH SCORE
Xu Wenwu: 4
Sun Ce: 2

By UMPIRE

Bonne Jenet vs. Darli Dagger

MATCH SCORE
Bonne Jenet: 2
Darli Dagger: 6

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Clonetroopers vs. Orcs

MATCH SCORE
Clonetroopers: 0
Orcs: 11

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Lucky the Leprechaun vs. Willy the Hillbilly

MATCH SCORE
Lucky the Leprechaun: 9
Willy the Hillbilly: 2

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Copperhead vs. Shocker

MATCH SCORE
Copperhead: 5
Shocker: 6

By UMPIRE

12:15 - The Flash (Wally West) vs. Supergirl

MATCH SCORE
The Flash (Wally West): 4
Supergirl: 8

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Mandrill vs. Calender Man

MATCH SCORE
Mandrill: 7
Calender Man: 5

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Necrons vs. The Shi'ar Empire

MATCH SCORE
Necrons: 5
The Shi\'ar Empire: 8

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Mr. Peanut vs. Flo (Progressive)

MATCH SCORE
Mr. Peanut: 2
Flo (Progressive): 8

Rumble 13746 Superman vs. King Kong

New York, sometime in the 1930s. 

Clark Kent and Lois Lane have been sent to the big apple to cover a theatrical opening of what producer Carl Denham promises will be the Eighth Wonder of the World. They take their seats and listen as Denham makes a speech.

LOIS: This better be good. I can't believe Perry sent us all the way to New York for an animal act.

CLARK: I'm sure it'll be interesting, Lois.

LOIS: It doesn't take much to impress a small-town boy, does it?

Then the curtain opens, revealing the chained giant ape.

LOIS: Good Lord! Maybe there is a story here after all. Come on, Clark. We have to get backstage before someone scoops us!

The two intrepid reporters for the Daily Planet make their way back stage, but as they arrive they hear the sounds of bestial growls, of chains breaking, and of people screaming. Lois sticks her head out to see.

LOIS: This story's just turned into a blockbuster, Clark. Kong has escaped. Clark? Oh, where did that yokel get to?

While in a nearby storage closet.

CLARK: This looks like a job for... SUPERMAN!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kong is loose in the city and its up to Superman to stop him. He would prefer to capture the great ape alive, but will not allow him to kill anyone. This is the rampage seen in King Kong either the 1933 version or the 2005 remake, except this time the Man of Steel is on the scene.

Kong is the 24' tall version seen in the '33 movie. Extrapolating from the height and weight of an adult silverback I'd say he weighs about 13 tons.

Superman is the version that first appeared in Action Comics #1. He cannot fly, doesn't have x-ray vision, heat vision, etc. He is strong enough to lift a car over his head with ease, outrace a streamline train, hurdle a 20 story building, or leap an eighth of a mile. Nothing less than an artillery shell can pierce his skin.

I don't think superman will be able to beat King Kong. I haven't seen King Kong but I don't think superman is strong as KK in this scenario. Him lacking the ability to fly probably won't help either. Who ever has the most strength will probably win this one. I'm leaning more toward King Kong

Interesting matchup. 

It doesn't appear that the original Superman is as strong as the original King Kong, but Supes is usually smarter than to just keep slugging away against stronger opponents. He'll probably find another way to subdue the big ape.

My guess is that Sups draws Kong out to the bay and shoves him in. When Kong is thrashing about, that's when he'll either KO or kill the big ape. 

Otherwise, Kong is probably much stronger than this Superman. So, if he gets ahold of him, it's gunna be a tough night for Sups. 

Some math stuff.

Guiness Book of World Records once did an article on the strength of great apes. They projected that a 400 lb gorilla should be able to bench press 2000 lbs or 5 times his own weight. Assuming kong can do the same that's 5 * 13 or 65 tons.

Superman is able to leap 1/8 mile. That makes him about 22.5 times as good as the current record holder. If he is also 22.5 times as strong as the current bench press record holder, he could lift 12 tons.

If this is right, Kong is a little over 5 times as strong as Superman, but Supes has the advantage in speed. Superman also has an edge in durability. The aircraft machine gun fire that weakened Kong would have bounced harmlessly off of him.

Some math stuff.

Guiness Book of World Records once did an article on the strength of great apes. They projected that a 400 lb gorilla should be able to bench press 2000 lbs or 5 times his own weight. Assuming kong can do the same that's 5 * 13 or 65 tons.

Superman is able to leap 1/8 mile. That makes him about 22.5 times as good as the current record holder. If he is also 22.5 times as strong as the current bench press record holder, he could lift 12 tons.

If this is right, Kong is a little over 5 times as strong as Superman, but Supes has the advantage in speed. Superman also has an edge in durability. The aircraft machine gun fire that weakened Kong would have bounced harmlessly off of him.

Your logic on the gorilla strength has a flaw. Strength does not increase directly with size. I unfortunately can't recall where I read it, but I found an article on the thought that a human sized ant would not have the same relative strength as a normal sized ant. Kong would certainly be incredibly strong, but probably not up to 65 tons.

But if you try to appy "real world" physics to King Kong then the ape will be defeated before he even has begun.

If you enlarge something then its strength will go up with the square of the relative increase in height, but the body weigh will at the same time go up with the cube of the relative increse in height.

An adult Gorilla standing in his back legs is nearly 6' tall while Kong is 24'. Kongs strength would therefor be 4*4 = 16 times an ordinary gorilla, but he would weigh 4*4*4 = 64 times more, or about 13 tons as the setup says,

16 times the strength of that benchpressing gorilla from above would give Kong the strength to list 2000*16 = 32000 lbs or about 14 tons.

So if we use real wordl physics then Kong would barely be able to hold his own body up. He would be act like a gorilla that is four times weaker than an ordinary gorilla and would hardly be able to do anything to superman at all, and that T-rex Kong met in the movie would have had him for lunch, literaly.

From this we can conclude that any comparisons using ants and real time physics would just make Kong look silly and we should for the poor apes sake use the feats we see him do in the movies for comparison instead.

Your logic on the gorilla strength has a flaw. Strength does not increase directly with size. I unfortunately can't recall where I read it, but I found an article on the thought that a human sized ant would not have the same relative strength as a normal sized ant. Kong would certainly be incredibly strong, but probably not up to 65 tons.

That's very true. A gorilla Kong's size should be a slow moving creature unable to lift even his own weight. He would not have been able ot break his chains, much less climb the Empire State Building. Since the producers of the movies decided to ignore this fact, I did also.

Superman also has an edge in durability. The aircraft machine gun fire that weakened Kong would have bounced harmlessly off of him.

We don't know that for sure. It all depends on how you choose to interpret him being impervious "to anything less than a bursting shell".

Good point about climbing the ESB.

The best way I can think of to gauge Kong's strength would be to figure out the strength of the chains he broke. The problem is, we'd have to know a lot more about them than we do. I did some checking and the largest readily available chain you can purchase appears to be 1" (this measures the thickness of the metal in each link.) The safe use rating for that varies a bit but a high-quality chain is rated for 47,700 lbs (23.85 tons.) The breaking point is 4 times the safe rating (it can break under lower stress but this is the strain that will always break it) so 47700 *4=190800 or 95.4 tons.

It's a big assumption, but if Kong's chains are of comparable strength, he would have to put somewhere between 24-95 tons of pressure on them to break free.

0753_1_lg.jpg

This is the best resolution I've found so far. My impression is that the chains are thicker than 1" but the standard for strength may have been lower back then too.

The other thing that may help is the airplanes. I think they are Curtis SBC Helldivers which weigh 7080 lbs. loaded and have a max speed of 203 knots (234 mph.) Kong not only catches one but holds it with one hand before tossing it away.

We don't know that for sure. It all depends on how you choose to interpret him being impervious "to anything less than a bursting shell".

Good point. I'm basing that on two things but I can't prove either one. The first is a pre-WW2 story in which Superman takes on arms merchants who are fomenting a war in some unspecified European nations so they can make a profit. Superman ends the war by kidnapping the leaders of both sides and telling them they have to fight each other hand to hand.

In this story, I believe Superman demonstrates invulnerability to military rifles, heavy machine guns, and a grenade. Unfortunately, it's been a while since I read the story and I can't swear to it.

The other is from a possible source for Superman, the novel GLADIATOR by Philip Wylie. this was written a few years before Superman was created and Hugo Danner's (the main character) feats are remarkable similar to those seen in the early Superman comics. Hugo served in WW-1 where he withstood attacks by bayonets, rifles, and heavy machine guns without injury. The only thing that finally hurt him was an artillery barrage, which made him bleed and temporarily drove him into a berserk fury. 

It's possible that Danner's powers and limitations were an inspiration for Superman's, though this is debated.

Strength feats for 1933's Kong? This might help: 

Very cutting edge animation and SFX for '33, and still impressive today. 

EDIT: It just occurred to me that this year's also the eightieth anniversary of the original King Kong film, too. 

-_- come on guys this is a easy win for superman, king kong is a giant gorilla...who was shot down by planes...seriously...just wow, i mean if king kong has krptinite then boom superman loses but king kong is a gorilla..sooo where the hell is he gonna get krptinite

-_- come on guys this is a easy win for superman, king kong is a giant gorilla...who was shot down by planes...seriously...just wow, i mean if king kong has krptinite then boom superman loses but king kong is a gorilla..sooo where the hell is he gonna get krptinite

Did you even read the original post? This is not the planet-moving Superman most of us are familiar with. This is the original, 1938 Supes, who is much less powerful .