Mordin Solus: 2
Dr. Herbert West: 4

By UMPIRE

11:8 - Elsa Of Arendelle vs. Princess Jasmine

MATCH SCORE
Elsa Of Arendelle: 2
Princess Jasmine: 8

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 9 Match 17107 Chloe Bourgeois vs. Roxy Rocket vs. Red Claw

MATCH SCORE
Chloe Bourgeois: 3
Roxy Rocket: 2
Red Claw: 1

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Master Shifu vs. Ted Lasso

MATCH SCORE
Master Shifu: 6
Ted Lasso: 4

Darkseid vs Black Lantern Superman

skadoosh

Darkseid, standard version

vs

Superman, as a Black Lantern

They are fighting on Earth, in the middle of the Sahara desert. They are fighting to the death, or something similar. They are both bloodlusted. There will be no outside interference. Neither has any equipment or abilities other than what is stated above.

Opinions?

Ya know, amongst my friends I'm kind of the comics king. Not a really respected throne, but it's mine. But I get on here, and I find myself asking stupid questions like this one:

Isn't superman normally pretty close to darkseid's power, and wouldn't the addition of a black lantern ring to his power make this a really one sided fight?

Go ahead and learn me good cbub.

If this is classic, pre-Crisis Darkseid in this matchup (and some would argue post-Crisis as well), I got two words for ya on how he wins.

Omega. Effect.

Ya know, amongst my friends I'm kind of the comics king. Not a really respected throne, but it's mine. But I get on here, and I find myself asking stupid questions like this one:

Isn't superman normally pretty close to darkseid's power, and wouldn't the addition of a black lantern ring to his power make this a really one sided fight?

Actually without CIS, Darkseid is by far superior. Supes only advantage is speed. With all his powers, superior strength, experience, and intellect he should have no problem with Supes. Alas Supes is the hero so he must win.

Darkseid would easily defeat Superman especially with all of his powers. The Omega Beam would definitely be a factor. Darkseid is superior or equal in nearly every category of debate. Also, as a Black Lantern, Superman is mindless which makes it so that his light-speed thought process and strategic plans would definitely cause him to lose due to Darkseid's superior mind.

Just because you're a comics king among your friends means nothing. You're on a website with the most knowledgeable people on comics. This is an actually suitable question and "dissing" it is not alright.

Viper, I think you took my comment as a bit more offensive to... well I don't even know who. But the sentence "This is an actually suitable question and 'dissing' it is not alright" makes it sound like I've upset you a bit.

That doesn't answer the problem but rather evades it.

I'll ask a question that'll show my ignorance of the Black Lanterns.

Can the BL ring generate powerful shields like a GL ring?

Wouldn't BL shields plus Superman's invulnerability be decent protection, even against the Omega effect?

The Black Lantern rings can generate constructs but they are seldom created. The only common instances are when the Black Lanterns were used to wield certain abilities of weapons.

Black Lantern Superman would not create a shield as I've explained above. Superman, Pre-Crisis, held somewhat of a protection of the 'Omega Beam.' However, since it's a Black Lantern Superman, we obviously know Superman is Post-Crisis and The Omega Effect is not only a powerful attack, but can teleport the target anywhere Darkseid chooses, erase the target from existence instantly and can then restore the target if he chooses.

I'll ask a question that'll show my ignorance of the Black Lanterns.

Can the BL ring generate powerful shields like a GL ring?

Wouldn't BL shields plus Superman's invulnerability be decent protection, even against the Omega effect?

Well his omega beams can phase through objects and follow beings at any speed.

It's not stupid to ask questions at all. It's why i use this site, to ask shit. As people have already mentioned, Darkseid is actually superior to Superman in many ways, so i thought giving him the Black Lantern Ring would even things out. Also:

And pertaining much more to the match at hand, I believe Supes is capable of avoiding omega beams, though whether he's able to do this as a black lantern is up for debate. If he still can, then I would think that gives him a giant edge.

Good points. There are a lot of factors to consider here.

And ignore the antagonism, it's obviously just a misunderstanding on his part.

Omega. Effect.

Wouldn't the fact that Superman is a Black Lantern here change how the Omega Beams effect him? If they hit him at all, after all, Superman has obviously avoided being killed by Darkseid in the past. I know some of it would have been PIS, but not all of it.

Darkseid would easily defeat Superman especially with all of his powers. The Omega Beam would definitely be a factor. Darkseid is superior or equal in nearly every category of debate. Also, as a Black Lantern, Superman is mindless which makes it so that his light-speed thought process and strategic plans would definitely cause him to lose due to Darkseid's superior mind.

If Superman is mindless and not held back by morals he would be far more dangerous, unleashing all his power in an effort to kill Darkseid. So, actually, being a Black Lantern is more of a bonus than a weakness, here.

Well his omega beams can phase through objects and follow beings at any speed.

True, from what i've seen, but as i mentioned above, Superman has fought Darkseid before and not died, and in this fight he's moral-less and has a Black Lantern Ring, so the same rules may not apply.

"If Superman is mindless and not held back by morals he would be far more dangerous, unleashing all his power in an effort to kill Darkseid. So, actually, being a Black Lantern is more of a bonus than a weakness, here."

Not true.

If Superman is mindless, then he is even less of a threat than he normally would be. If he is mindless, he won't have the tactical mindset, to use his superior speed to its full advantage, which is the only real advantage he has.

• Like 1

Actually without CIS, Darkseid is by far superior. Supes only advantage is speed. With all his powers, superior strength, experience, and intellect he should have no problem with Supes. Alas Supes is the hero so he must win.

Sorry for asking this but what do you mean by CIS?

Most characters tend to revert back to their physical powers when bloodlusted. Superman wins.

While Superman has superior speed, the fact that he is mindless, means that he won't use it(aside from possibly punching quickly). He won't be using any of his skills, etc. just raw slugfesting.

Darkseid, even when angry/bloodlusted, has extreme self-discipline, and most definitely has the skills to bridge the possible gap in raw power.

It looks like consensus is that being a Black Lantern actually hurts Superman here.

I wonder how this would play if he had a yellow ring.

The Yellow Lantern rings, similar to the Green Lantern rings, require thought and will power to use them.

With Superman being "mindless" he would be incapable of using the ring, it would just be a piece of fancy jewelry.

Additionally, the constructs of the Yellow rings, are "only as powerful as the inspired fear of the Sinestro Corpsman creating them."

Superman has been known to instill a lot of various emotions in others, but I don't think "fear" is one of them, at least not to a degree that would make a Yellow Lantern ring particularly useful.

I thought Superman was mindless because of the black lantern ring.

The Match Creator has not said anything about Superman being "mindless", being due to the Black Lantern ring. Though I suppose you may be right. My point about Superman instilling fear, still stands though.