Q-Rex: 1
Dragonzord: 3

By UMPIRE

Leifang vs. Asuka Kazama

MATCH SCORE
Leifang: 2
Asuka Kazama: 3

By UMPIRE

Cad Bane vs. Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch)

MATCH SCORE
Cad Bane: 3
Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch): 1

By UMPIRE

Blue Mary vs. Cassandra Alexander

MATCH SCORE
Blue Mary: 0
Cassandra Alexander: 5

By UMPIRE

Tracer (Overwatch) vs. Chell (Portal)

MATCH SCORE
Tracer (Overwatch): 5
Chell (Portal): 1

By UMPIRE

Sailor Scouts vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Sailor Scouts: 6
Cybermen (Mondasian): 0

By UMPIRE

Kilik vs. Ash Crimson

MATCH SCORE
Kilik: 1
Ash Crimson: 2

By UMPIRE

Tasha Yar vs. Al Capone

MATCH SCORE
Tasha Yar: 5
Al Capone: 1

By UMPIRE

Kasumi vs. Kazumi Mishima

MATCH SCORE
Kasumi: 5
Kazumi Mishima: 2

By UMPIRE

Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Jhun Hoon

MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 7
Jhun Hoon: 0

By UMPIRE

9:10 - Ozymandias (Watchmen) vs. Lisbeth Salander

MATCH SCORE
Ozymandias (Watchmen): 8
Lisbeth Salander: 0

By UMPIRE

9:10 - Zombies (World War Z) vs. Ewoks

MATCH SCORE
Zombies (World War Z): 7
Ewoks: 4

FPL changes for consideration

I think we should still keep a list of the powers and ranks in the FPL FAQ, so any new writers coming in can see what is expected at each rank. But it's something the posters can take care of, Fox wouldn't need to do a thing to it. It's basically what we're doing already.

Air and Water Manipulation: We already have that as Matter Manipulation. "That's still a power right?" I suppose you could make an argument for something like a bender who focuses on one element, but then you have to add in Earth Manipulation too. The powers just seem too specific.

Time: We could use that.

Animal Morphing: We have Transformation.

Probability Manipulation: I know some people around here wanted to bring back the Luck Power.

Precognition: We have Danger Sense, but a longer ranged Foresight/Future Telling power could be useful.

Chi Powers: Seems more of a means to an ends, and most FPL powers are the ends. You take a power and describe how your ninja/monk/street fighter uses his life force to throw the lightning bolt or punch through steel. Chi Powers is even less useful now that above Standard attributes are supposedly going to be given description boxes.

Cartoon Physics: Yes. Just Yes.

A lot of good points here. Air, fire and water manipulation could just be lumped into element manipulation. I dont see anything wrong with chi/qi powers, if anything it can only enhance the creation/writing process.

The descriptions would have to be written by one or more trustworthy fpl'ers (like treach, deojutsu), or at least someone chosen by them. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Arcs are really all that we need, I think.

I really like that idea. I want there to be an FPL Canon. Almost like a volume of stories that we theoretically could release at the end of the year. All with a certain theme or main character or sect

I'd love to see story arcs for the characters we've created (I include myself lightly here.) It'll allow for so much more character development with these characters, instead of them just having their

Gonna go over the current power list tonight and jot out a suggested power list for the update using everything Fox has mentioned thus far.

Scratch that. Sounds like Fox has a good handle on this. Sounds good so far.

Animal Morphing: We have Transformation.

Transformation is now a category of powers (as opposed to a single power) and Powers Of Transformation (like, say, Animal Morphing) are now in that category (along with some other things like Evolution and Transmogrify Other).

I understand where you are coming from, certainly... keep it broad which is what we are still trying to do up to a point.  But we also have to give a new player something to work with that is a little more specific.  Something they can wrap a concept around quickly and get started.

In the FPL the power is called "Creature Form" and even though that does sound specific there's a wide swing of difference between a Standard Rank house cat creature and an Ultimate rank Dragon creature (or other mythological beast).

Same thing with adding Air, Earth, Water and Fire specifically.  It provides a very specific Arch Type of power for a new person to latch on to and flesh out in a description.  And I do not necessarily see how it hurts the grizzled veteran that was going to describe "Matter Manipulation" as "Earth" anyways.  Further... "Matter Manipulation"  itself is different because we're talking about a godly Molecule Man type of power there.

I think I orgasmed upon reading the phrase 'Cartoon Physics'. Yes, please.

You know what power I miss? Luck. I know it won't be brought back 'cause nobody used it, but there's still a lot that could be done with it in the hands of a good writer. Ah, well.

Transformation is now a category of powers (as opposed to a single power) and Powers Of Transformation (like, say, Animal Morphing) are now in that category (along with some other things like Evolution and Transmogrify Other).

I understand where you are coming from, certainly... keep it broad which is what we are still trying to do up to a point.  But we also have to give a new player something to work with that is a little more specific.  Something they can wrap a concept around quickly and get started.

In the FPL the power is called "Creature Form" and even though that does sound specific there's a wide swing of difference between a Standard Rank house cat creature and an Ultimate rank Dragon creature (or other mythological beast).

Same thing with adding Air, Earth, Water and Fire specifically.  It provides a very specific Arch Type of power for a new person to latch on to and flesh out in a description.  And I do not necessarily see how it hurts the grizzled veteran that was going to describe "Matter Manipulation" as "Earth" anyways.  Further... "Matter Manipulation"  itself is different because we're talking about a godly Molecule Man type of power there.

Is the Transformation category one of the new changes? If so, what are some of the other powers in the group. I get Transmogrify Other. Would Evolution be like a fast acting adaptation to your opponent's powers? Like the Borg.

What would the difference between Creature Form and Animal Form be?

I get the Air, Water, and Earth Manipulation now. Kind of like how we need Fire, Cold, and Lightning. They are very similar, but need their own clarification because they aren't quite the same thing.

Still not sold on Chi Powers though. Do you need to throw an energy blast? We have a whole category of energy based powers. Do you need some way to augment your agility to dodge bullets. Describe it in the box you get for taking Superior or Supreme Strength. But you only want it to last for a short time. Well, we have berserker "or is it called something else now" it works for stats other than Strength. Or take Reaction Speed if that's your thing. Now you have a good start for a basic kung fu type character.

I think I orgasmed upon reading the phrase 'Cartoon Physics'. Yes, please.

You know what power I miss? Luck. I know it won't be brought back 'cause nobody used it, but there's still a lot that could be done with it in the hands of a good writer. Ah, well.

Probability Manipulation

It was in the list of proposed powers.

Still not sold on Chi Powers though. Do you need to throw an energy blast? We have a whole category of energy based powers. Do you need some way to augment your agility to dodge bullets. Describe it in the box you get for taking Superior or Supreme Strength. But you only want it to last for a short time. Well, we have berserker "or is it called something else now" it works for stats other than Strength. Or take Reaction Speed if that's your thing. Now you have a good start for a basic kung fu type character.

Chi powers are far more expansive than just energy blast and attribute augmentation. In the hands of some people I can see some very interesting powers and write-ups for chi/qi powers.

Evolution can be that, I guess.  As always it is up to the player to flesh that out.  Or, maybe the character turns others into Geiko Cavemen.

There is no Animal Form... only one power called Creature Form and a seperate power called Elemental Form (which is the replacement for "Energy Body")

As far as Chi powers go, there's a lot to that I think which isn't just tossing fireballs like Ryu.  I am no expert on them but I think it includes many things like intuition, brewing potions and defense.

Anyways, I'm basically just going through the Superpowers Wiki and picking things out that look good.  It's a goldmine.

I actually think that Chi could really be interesting. Sure, you automatically think of throwing fireballs and crap, but it could also refer to an intense focus of energy, just to name one possibility. It's a good idea, I think.

As far as Chi powers go, there's a lot to that I think which isn't just tossing fireballs like Ryu.  I am no expert on them but I think it includes many things like intuition, brewing potions and defense.

Danger Sense or the Foresight power I mentioned earlier if that gets added, Creation Standard, and pick your defense power. There's a whole category for them. There are some good powers on the Superpowered Wiki like Juggernaut Momentum. http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Juggernaut_Momentum

I just think Chi Powers falls into the same extra broad category as Spellcasting did, and I remember that being removed as a power. I have nothing against a Chi Origin or Kit though. 

I just think Chi Powers falls into the same extra broad category as Spellcasting did, and I remember that being removed as a power. I have nothing against a Chi Origin or Kit though. 

That's... a really good point.

One of my favorite powers are Dimensional Storage but I think some people would say teleportation is good enough.

On the Chi subject I think in the hands of someone like treach it would be one of the best utilized powers, imagine master heaven re-written with Chi Powers.

I actually like Dimensional Storage. It's not quite teleportation because no one else can get to it. It's not quite creation because the items that come out are finite and have to be collected first. Think more along the lines of the Green Lantern pocket dimension where they keep their personal power batteries. The real problem would be finding a use for such a niche ability.

Dimensional Storage is just well written teleportation. Or well written creation. Or, if something specific comes out of the portal  - just well written that. You could give Ramona Flowers Standard Crushing Weapon and say it's the Giant Hammer that she keeps in her purse. 

The character creator is essentially done, and seems to be working.

Next items will be

- Re-doing how all active and inactive characters are presented on the FPL Database page

- Modifications to the Match Builder for users

- Tweaking the Team functionality a bit

Thanks!

The character creator is essentially done, and seems to be working.

Next items will be

- Re-doing how all active and inactive characters are presented on the FPL Database page

- Modifications to the Match Builder for users

- Tweaking the Team functionality a bit

Thanks!

Nein, thank YOU!

Just went and tried the new creator, I must say, I dig the new Weakness. In the old system, honestly, resistances were somewhat overpowered. But being weak to one particular power is excellent, especially because the powers aren't as plentiful as there used to be.

By the end of the weekend the redesigned FPL Character Database should be complete along with the ability for you to make FPL Matches.

Thanks!