The Land Of Oz vs. Wonderland

MATCH SCORE
The Land of Oz: 3
Wonderland: 4

Joxer the Mighty vs. Xander Harris

MATCH SCORE
Joxer the Mighty: 3
Xander Harris: 1

Batman (Earth-31) vs. Batman (Thomas Wayne)

MATCH SCORE
Batman (Earth-31): 3
Batman (Thomas Wayne): 2

Klaus (BOOM!) vs. Santa Claus (Santa's Slay)

MATCH SCORE
Klaus (BOOM!): 4
Santa Claus (Santa's Slay): 0

Sign in to follow this  
sirmethos

Beat the team

It's pretty simple, I create a team, you have to create a team to defeat it, in a straight up fight.

Explain how your team would win.

Rules, etc.:

No prep.

Purely Street-Level characters(roughly spider-man level)

5 characters on the team, 2 Close-Combat, 2 Support, 1 Ranged.

All characters are standard versions.

You're not allowed to use any of the characters on my team, but you can use any other character(that fits within the rules) even if others have used them.

Victory Conditions: Death, K.O. or Incapacitation. It's not a win until all of the opposing team is down.

Fight takes place in the Colosseum. Teams start in each end of the arena, inside a room with only one opening, that leads out into the arena itself.

My team:

Close-combat: Lady Charis and Gorgon(tomi)

Support: AoA-Nightcrawler and Adam X

Ranged: Maverick(as Agent Zero)

The basic strategy for my team:

Charis and Tomi engage with their swords(tomi gives Nightcrawler the Grasscutter). Their primary objective, is simply to inflict wounds on the opponents.

Nightcrawler teleports Maverick to a good sniping position, and then move on to 1. Harassing the opposing team, with hit'n'run attacks(his objective is simply to inflict wounds), and 2. Protect Maverick and Adam X(adam takes priority over maverick).

Once Maverick is in a sniping position, his objective is simply to hit any members of the opposing team. It doesn't have to be killing or incapacitating shots, as long as he hits them. With his adamantium and Anti-Metal(vibranium) bullets, he should be able to shoot through any kind of defense, that opposing members might have.

Adam X is tasked with taking pot-shots at the opponents, with his throwing blades. But his primary objective, is to keep himself alive, and to use his power to incinerate(or failing that, simply incapacitate) any members of the opposing team, that has received a bleeding wound.

The Lizard (he's only a bit above Spider-man so I think that constitutes as your guideline for street-level) and Killer Croc for Close Combat, Ghost Rider and Abyss (Nightcrawler's brother) for Support, and Bullseye for ranged.

The Lizard and Croc take abnormally massive amounts of trauma unscathed (the Lizard, helicopter missiles and Croc, C-4) and so will be able to tank blows from Nightcrawler and Lady Charis while the Lizard will be able to dodge Tomi if he becomes busy with Ghost Rider (a staredown between Tomi and Ghost Rider may end up happening, which I would find amusing). Abyss tracks down his brother and sucks him into the Brimstone Dimension, as well as Adam X (as he's going to be dealing with the Lizard in all likelihood). Lady Charis will probably also be preoccupied by my CC duo. Assuming GR hasn't burned his soul (if not his body as well) using Hellfire, he'll be taken down by Bullseye, who through looking for Maverick's heat signature through a thermal infrared scope, will kill with a white phosphorous round. The same can be said for Tomi.

Game, set, match. :)

EDIT: When I speak of burning souls, I mean Tomi's. It's a pain to edit paragraphs on the Kindle, so I'll be adding these edits when I misword something.

The Lizard (he's only a bit above Spider-man so I think that constitutes as your guideline for street-level) and Killer Croc for Close Combat, Ghost Rider and Abyss (Nightcrawler's brother) for Support, and Bullseye for ranged.

The Lizard and Croc take abnormally massive amounts of trauma unscathed (the Lizard, helicopter missiles and Croc, C-4) and so will be able to tank blows from Nightcrawler and Lady Charis while the Lizard will be able to dodge Tomi if he becomes busy with Ghost Rider (a staredown between Tomi and Ghost Rider may end up happening, which I would find amusing). Abyss tracks down his brother and sucks him into the Brimstone Dimension, as well as Adam X (as he's going to be dealing with the Lizard in all likelihood). Lady Charis will probably also be preoccupied by my CC duo. Assuming GR hasn't burned his soul (if not his body as well) using Hellfire, he'll be taken down by Bullseye, who through looking for Maverick's heat signature through a thermal infrared scope, will kill with a white phosphorous round. The same can be said for Tomi.

Game, set, match.

EDIT: When I speak of burning souls, I mean Tomi's. It's a pain to edit paragraphs on the Kindle, so I'll be adding these edits when I misword something.

A few flaws in your plan:

1. Charis wields Creation Engine Blades, which will most definitely be able to hurt Croc and Lizard(they can cut through Majestic level durability). Tomi wields the Godkiller sword, and as I noted in my strategy, Nightcrawler will be wielding the Grasscutter sword. They also won't be able to "tank" Maverick's adamantium bullets, even if they could shrug off the swords(which they can't).

2. While Abyss could probably track his brother down, he's not fast enough to keep up with him. And the Grasscutter sword, would make short work of him, even if he did manage to catch up to him.

3. Maverick wears a Vibranium suit/armor, that "renders him nearly invisible to conventional methods of detection.". The armor/suit will also give some protection from Bullseye's bullets, and after firing the first shot, Bullseye is an easy target for Nightcrawler, or Maverick himself.

4. Ghost Rider is easy pickings for both Tomi and Nightcrawler, due to his lack of speed(compared to those two), and their swords are more than capable of hurting him.

Cool thread. I sort of already have an idea but who is "Gorgan (Tomi)."

click here

I'll post a proper response when it doesn't inconvenience every other tab I have open... meaning in a few hours or tomorrow afternoon.

What kind of collliseum do you mean? Sort of a roman Colosseum? If so are they able to to go into the stands? Depending on the answer to some of these questions there might not be too good of a spot for guys to snipe like in your guys' plans.

Sorry if anyone I use is over street-level. I think my team stays within the category, but if they don't tell me.

Close-combat: Spiderman and Captain America

Support: Wally West Flash and Emma Frost

Ranged: Storm

Strategy: Spiderman closes his eyes and uses his spidey-sense to fight Gorgon. I don't know anything about Lady Charis, so I just threw in a very capable fighter to keep her busy.

Emma Frost's only job in this fight is to take cover and subdue nightcrawler. She'll basically be putting him comatose for the match.

Storm will also be taking cover. She will be using lighting to take out Adam. Afterwards, she'll turn her attention to Gorgon and Charis.

I'm not sure if Maverick has his kinetic absorption abilities. If he does, then Flash's job will be to distract him, taking his rifle and keeping him busy until Storm is done.

What kind of collliseum do you mean? Sort of a roman Colosseum?

The Colosseum in Rome. Hence, the Colosseum. Rather than a Colosseum.

Sorry if anyone I use is over street-level. I think my team stays within the category, but if they don't tell me.

Close-combat: Spiderman and Captain America

Support: Wally West Flash and Emma Frost

Ranged: Storm

Strategy: Spiderman closes his eyes and uses his spidey-sense to fight Gorgon. I don't know anything about Lady Charis, so I just threw in a very capable fighter to keep her busy.

Emma Frost's only job in this fight is to take cover and subdue nightcrawler. She'll basically be putting him comatose for the match.

Storm will also be taking cover. She will be using lighting to take out Adam. Afterwards, she'll turn her attention to Gorgon and Charis.

I'm not sure if Maverick has his kinetic absorption abilities. If he does, then Flash's job will be to distract him, taking his rifle and keeping him busy until Storm is done.

Wally West, Emma Frost, and Storm are not Street Level. Emma Frost and Storm are both Omega-level mutants, and Wally West is one of the most powerful members of the Justice League.

Rules, etc.:

No prep.

Purely Street-Level characters(roughly spider-man level)

5 characters on the team, 2 Close-Combat, 2 Support, 1 Ranged.

Close-combat: Ryu and Alexander Anderson

Support: Devil Kazuya Mishima and Vash the Stampede (No Angel arm, but Wings and powered guns available)

Ranged: Vincent Valentine

Distraction

- Kazuya and Vash take to the sky and rain fire upon their opponents with Kazuya devil beams and Vash shooting black holes via his powered up guns. Whilst keeping an eye out for Maverick. Their regen and reflex abilities should allow them to survive any oncoming barrage (Especially Vash)

Charge

- Alexander Anderson and Ryu fight their way through the battlefield. Alexander taking most of the brunt due to his insane regen, whilst Ryu concentrates on blasting opponents.

Assassin

- Vincent stays in the shadows, using his teleporting abilities to find and eliminate Maverick and Nightcrawler. (Vash can telepathically alert Vince if he sees any movement).

Overall I don't see much this opposing team can do.

Just a nitpick, but the only time Tomi Shishido ever has the Grasscutter is after he kills Ares' son and the Godkiller is shattered, which is why he takes Grasscutter to replace it - I'm presuming this is like an AU version? Or should I merely ignore the fact due to it being a rumbles? :D

How can any street level person beat Tomi when he has his stone stare.

With the right strategy for beating him, easily.

Just a nitpick, but the only time Tomi Shishido ever has the Grasscutter is after he kills Ares' son and the Godkiller is shattered, which is why he takes Grasscutter to replace it - I'm presuming this is like an AU version? Or should I merely ignore the fact due to it being a rumbles?

Put it down as a Rumbles thing.

With the right strategy for beating him, easily.

I'll have to find a character that could only relies on his senses. T'Challa maybe?

Close-combat: Ryu and Alexander Anderson

Support: Devil Kazuya Mishima and Vash the Stampede (No Angel arm, but Wings and powered guns available)

Ranged: Vincent Valentine

Distraction

- Kazuya and Vash take to the sky and rain fire upon their opponents with Kazuya devil beams and Vash shooting black holes via his powered up guns. Whilst keeping an eye out for Maverick. Their regen and reflex abilities should allow them to survive any oncoming barrage (Especially Vash)

Charge

- Alexander Anderson and Ryu fight their way through the battlefield. Alexander taking most of the brunt due to his insane regen, whilst Ryu concentrates on blasting opponents.

Assassin

- Vincent stays in the shadows, using his teleporting abilities to find and eliminate Maverick and Nightcrawler. (Vash can telepathically alert Vince if he sees any movement).

Overall I don't see much this opposing team can do.

I don't know much about Kazuya, Vash or Vincent. But Ryu and Alexander would get ripped apart, both easily, and quickly, in the close-combat encounter against Tomi and Charis.

Alexander Anderson can easily shroud himself with magical biblical pages whilst throwing an infinite amount of bayonets. Also, with devil beams and black holes being shot at him then I'm sure he will be a little preoccupied.

I don't know much about Kazuya, Vash or Vincent. But Ryu and Alexander would get ripped apart, both easily, and quickly, in the close-combat encounter against Tomi and Charis.

Vash and Vincent are the power houses of the group, especially if Vash has morals off. Alexander can fair up against Alucard, which I highly doubt would be able to get ripped apart by Tomi.

I'll replace Ryu with Kakashi for two reasons: 1) He will be able to read Charis's moves and defeat her with his varous jutsu's and 2) Substitution jutsu, if Tomi tries to cast his stone stare.

Close Combat: Dub ThuMP and the Imperial Blue Bounty Hunter

Support: a Sack Full of Spiders and a Yoshi

Ranged: The Bronx Sniper

IBBH sets to work tying up opponents and putting them underfoot, because that's what she does best. She's got quick feet and quicker hands, and I reckon she could go toe to toe with the best of them.

Bronx Sniper hits people from miles and his shots turn corners if they have to. He doesn't miss so he'll ice whoever's on the other team pretty quick. His job will be to take down Nightcrawler.

A Yoshi is perfect for immobilizing other enemies and distracting them with his awesome double jump noise. By the way, if anyone could get me an mp3 file of just that noise - that'd be fetch. Otherwise, he'll just sorta run around being cute.

a Sack full of Spiders is a body sized Sack full of Spiders that teleports, paralyzes, terrifies, and pretty much reduces fighters to nothing. If anyone survives in the bag or somehow rips out of the bag, they'll be easy pickings for someone else. This hits Maverick in the opening of the fight.

Everyone else just gets cleaned up.

Alexander Anderson can easily shroud himself with magical biblical pages whilst throwing an infinite amount of bayonets. Also, with devil beams and black holes being shot at him then I'm sure he will be a little preoccupied.

Vash and Vincent are the power houses of the group, especially if Vash has morals off. Alexander can fair up against Alucard, which I highly doubt would be able to get ripped apart by Tomi.

I'll replace Ryu with Kakashi for two reasons: 1) He will be able to read Charis's moves and defeat her with his varous jutsu's and 2) Substitution jutsu, if Tomi tries to cast his stone stare.

Keep in mind, that characters are not allowed to be more powerful than "roughly spider-man level". From the sound of it, Vincent and Vash are quite a bit above that.

And Kakashi is definitely above Spider-Man level.

Okay sirmethos...

Close-combat: Black Panther(T'Challa) and New 52 Deathstoke

Support: Iron Fist and New 52 Cyborg(no boomtubing)

Ranged: X-23

My strategy:

T'Challa will have to be extra careful about the Gorgon's stone stare. If T'Challa is able to know about his oppenents abilities, than T'Challa can just fight blindly using his superhuman senses. Black Panther has Superhuman Acute Senses, T'Challa can see in total darkness as if it was a clear sunny day. T'Challa's sense of hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, enabling him to hear sounds that an ordinary human can't and to be able to hear sounds that an ordinary human can, but at much greater distances. T'Challa can memorize tens of thousands of scents and track them to the exact location, can smell fear, and detect if someone is lying by change in body odor. He can also hear ones heartbeat. That is how T'Challa's senses work. I don't know how powerful the grasscutter sword is. But the only way to get through Black Panther's vibranium weave is to cut along the grain, but Black Panther has countered that by maneuvering his body so the object could break. He has used this tactic on the likes of Eric Killmonger. T'Challa also has his anti-metal claws, that breaks down all metals at a molecule bond. His sole boots which can break skulls with ease. His energy daggers which he can use for melee or projectile. His energy daggers have been shown to phase through Ultrons Adamantium. T'Challa can put the dagger's on any level, stun or kill. The daggers also been shown to melt through steel with ease. IDK if they will melt the grasscutter sword. Who knows... Also T'Challa recently been upraded and is now officially Super human. He is now 'King of the Dead.' Even before that and when he just ate the heart shaped herbs, he was almost stated to be superhuman, but now he is superhuman.

He now has the power to draw all the knowledge, strength, and every experience from every previous Black Panther. He was upgraded by Basest(Panther God), he is most likely on Spider-mans level or slightly below Spider-mans level.

As for Deathstroke. I do not know much about this Lady Charis. But I am betting Deathstroke is much more faster than her.Deathstoke has been able to dodge bullets point blank with ease. He can take her on, while T'Challa is fighting the Gorgon. In this fight Deathstroke has his Nth Metal Armor which enhances his physical abilities. I know Lady Charis carries a sword, would it be able to penetrate the armor? Also Deathstroke in this fight has his Promethium Sword. If this comes down to a sword fight, I believe Deathstroke is a more skilled swordsmen. And I also believe Deathstroke is a better tactician.

With Iron Fist and Cyborg. Iron Fist can be used to heal his team members, Iron Fist also has enhanced senses and can be there to counter any 'surprise attacks'. As for Cyborg, I believe he has an motion sensor so he can easily track down the hostiles. WIth Cyborg tracking down Maverick one of the team members can easily get to him.

X-23 with her senses can basically also help with tracking. She could be tasked to counter Adam X, while Cyborg counters Maverick. Iron Fist will help track Adam X with X-23, while Cyborg tracks Maverick alone, since he is basically the powerhouse of the team.

Those are my two cents.

Psylocke is an Omega-level telepath(and even before she became Omega-level, she was still an extremely powerful telepath). Not "street level".

Once you replace her, I'll reply to your team/strategy as a whole.

Psylocke is an Omega-level telepath(and even before she became Omega-level, she was still an extremely powerful telepath). Not "street level".

Once you replace her, I'll reply to your team/strategy as a whole.

Fine.

My team:

Close combat:

– DareDevil (who better to fight gorgon than someone who already fights with their eyes closed on a daily basis :P )

– Colonel (Marvel Ultimate Universe)

Support:

– Shroud (Marvel)

– Deadpool

Ranged:

– Underworld (Marvel)

Note: you may want to read up in the powers, abilities, and gear of my picks before you read my strategy if you are unfamiliar with one of my picks so you understand my strategy completely.

Basic Strategy:

Deadpool will teleport Shroud and Underworld to relatively safe positions, sort of near each other, in order to put them in good places for their jobs. Shroud will start enveloping the coliseum in darkness and create "shadow" decoys for distractions as he can until he shrouds the coliseum. While shroud is doing this, Daredevil and Colonel will temporarily JUST distract/occupy Lady Charis. Underworld will help them by provindng coverfire from above and picking off poeple and I pretty sure he will make quite a few hits with his Adamantium bullets since the glasses "lock onto a target and once he fires the bullets, they'll follow a target no matter what the target does to get away, even if he/she runs around corners." Deadpool will then teleport to Maverick's location an possible teleport him somewhere on the main field or something. As long as he occupies/distracts maverick he will be doing his job.

Once the Coleesum is in darkness, Daredevil will engage Gorgon. Underworld will continue shooting since his glasses enale him to see in the dark perfectly via infra-red imaging. While the arena is shrouded in darkness, Deadpool and Colonel will just sit tight and wait since they can't see in the dark and don't have a compsensation for that.