in progress now...

Ashley J. Williams vs. Negan

Match 14737 by comic_book_fan
in progress now...

Teletubbies vs. Sesame Street

MATCH SCORE
Teletubbies: 7
Sesame Street: 4

Anthony Gallen vs. Colombian Cartel (Grand Theft Auto)

MATCH SCORE
Anthony Gallen: 7
Colombian Cartel (Grand Theft Auto): 2

Sir Dan Fortesque vs. Brook

MATCH SCORE
Sir Dan Fortesque: 3
Brook: 9

Tracer vs. Din Djarin

MATCH SCORE
Tracer: 2
Din Djarin: 8

The Minions vs. Mini-Me

MATCH SCORE
The Minions: 5
Mini-Me: 4

Sign in to follow this  
El Wookiee

Match 13384 Apocalypse vs. Blue Marvel

Adam Brashear sat in his university office grading term papers on what should have been a quiet day. His super hearing allowed him to hear the footsteps of the two men approaching. One had a heartbeat of a man in peak physical form, whereas the other had a soft hum of an arc reactor. So much for a peaceful day.

“Captain Rogers,†he said extending his hand in a greeting, then turning to the other. “Mr. Stark, official consulting hours are between 8 and 5 every other Thursdays,†he said half-jokingly. Both Avengers were dressed in their civilian clothes in an attempt to not draw to much attention to themselves.

“Dr. Brashear, I apologize for coming unannounced,†Captain America started. “It was necessary though.â€

“Are these your children?†asked Iron Man looking at a family photo on Adam’s desk.

“Yes. The one is about to make me a grandfather. I don’t look forward to helping with diaper duty with a super sense of smell howeverâ€, he said warmly, trying to ease the mood. It didn’t work. “Gentlemen, I know this is not a social visit. What do you need from me?â€

Captain America pulled out a small hand held device, pushed a button and it began to emit a hologram. The image was of a diamond shaped craft with one obelisk at each corner. “Seven hours ago this vessel was spotted on the other side of the moon’s orbit. At this time we don’t know for sure who it belongs to, but after a consultation with the X-Men, we believe it’s similar to a craft used by En Saban Nur, Apocalypse.â€

“Yes, I’m familiar with his story,†Adam said with a finger on his greying temple in deep thought.†But why did you come to me? Isn’t he one of the X-men’s problems?â€

Steve and Tony exchanged uncomfortable glances for a second. “This part does involve you unfortunately,†Iron Man said. “The ship made one communication attempt with us and this is the message it played. I’m sorry.†The hologram ended its current projection. It then began a new projection, and Adam exploded to his feet at the sight. A silent image of the Blue Marvel’s recently deceased wife Candice now played. Dressed in rags she was curled up in a ball in the corner of a room. Her eyes were wide and full of fear. She was in distress, in a waking nightmare, and she was very, very much alive. As the camera moved in closer to her she let loose a noiseless scream, and the projection faded out.

“That’s all the information we have at this time. Given what we’ve seen, we felt it was necessary to bring you in on it,†Captain America said.

“Excuse me,†was all the Blue Marvel said as he rushed past the Avengers into and then down the hall. A moment later they heard the sonic boom. It took him only a few seconds to fly to Candice’s grave. It took him less time than that to see that it had clearly been unearthed recently. He sank to his knees as the shock of what had just happened washed over him like a tsunami of molten steel.

Then he came to, turned his head skywards and saw what he needed to find. With his naked eyes he saw thousands of miles away, the ship Iron Man and Captain America had shown him. It was just hanging there in the sky, mocking him with his need for answers. He pulled out his phone and made one brief call.

“Captain Rogers, I’m on my way to the vessel. I’ll let you know what I find.â€

“Wait! Dr. Brashear, we need to…†but it was too late, he was already out pass the Earth’s atmosphere in the vacuum of space where no sound would follow him. Adam’s flight to the other side of the moon took less than five minutes. As he approached the space craft a port in its side opened, welcoming him like a spider welcoming a fly to its web.

The inside of the craft was like he expected; an ancient Egyptian motif. This had to be the work of Apocalypse, but he wasn’t sure why. The Blue Marvel landed and saw a figure wearing a black robe and hood over his head with gun metal grey lining. The figure was silent and cold as he just stood before Adam for a moment. It then turned away as it said, “Follow, our master will see you now.â€

He followed the hooded man though Apocalypse’s craft trying to learn anything about “himâ€. He had no heartbeat, no body heat, and made no sound as he walked. Not soon enough they reached the control room of the ship where Apocalypse stood with two other figure in the same black hooded robes behind him. Adam’s guide left him to join the others, and stood in a perfect triangle with them. The one reeked of death, whereas the other seemed have dozens of insects at her feet.

“Dr. Brashear,†Apocalypse boomed, “I bid you welcome to your new home.â€

The Blue Marvel ignored what En Saban Nur had said, and demanded “What have you done with my wife?â€

“Such unpleasantries, I am simply here to extend you an offer,†Apocalypse said as he picked up a black hooded robe and presented it to his guest.

It was too much. “WHERE IS CANDICE?†Adam shouted, putting his fist though a nearby metal wall.

“If you insist,†Apocalypse said. He motioned to a corner of the bridge where Adam then finally saw his wife’s body lay. He flew to her side only to be heart broken by the sight of her. He looked into her wide, dead eyes and felt his hopes crash through the floor. The rest of Apocalypse’s words fell on deaf ears. “She became a failed experiment to raise the dead by means of the techno-organic virus. Her resurrection was to be a gift for you, once you became my 4th Horsemen, the new War.â€

The body of his wife just lay next to him as lifeless as a child’s doll. The rage that boiled over inside of Adam could twist steel. He spun and bolted towards Apocalypse at an unthinkable speed. “You monster!!!†But one of the hooded figures raised an arm and disgorged a spray of insects. Though the bugs were incapable of harming him, the feeling of them crawling all over his body and lodging themselves in his mouth made him nauseated. No. No, it wasn’t the insects, there was a miasma coming from one of the others. He dropped to the floor in despair. This was all too much for Adam; it would be so much easier if he just gave up he thought to himself as he watched the final figure stalk closer to him. He wanted to embrace his own death, if for no other reason, just be with Candice again. The feeling of hopelessness made more and more sense as the final Horseman drew closer. The Horseman reached out his skeletal hand. Until suddenly the Blue Marvel shook his head and awoke from the dark siren song. He brought both of his hands together in a titanic thunder clap bowling the three Horsemen over, and disrobing them.

Jude the Entropic Man was created to embody the nihilistic philosophy of the eccentric Cult of Entropists. A being that “lived†to spread death and destruction with hypnotic power s to attract victims and the ability to turn them to dust with his disintegration touch. Apocalypse remade him as his new Death.

Adriana Soria was a Marine during World War II, and was exposed to radiation as a part of Operation Crossroads to create a new type of super soldier. It was an experiment to activate any latent abilities she might possess. She would one day become the Spider-Queen. Under Apocalypse she became the new Pestilence

Arkady Rossovich was an experiment for the Soviet Union to create a super soldier. He gained the power to weaken an enemy and then gain their strength and to produce death spores, becoming Omega Red. Under Apocalypse he was reborn as Famine.

The Horsemen were down so the Blue Marvel now turned his full attention to Apocalypse. “You have proven yourself worthy to be my new War,†he said with cold pride from across the bridge. “And you shall be, despite what you believe your will to be.†With that Apocalypse’s arms launched at Adam and coiled around him like a serpent, pulling him closer. Apocalypse’s chest then morphed into a mighty blade and plunged into the Blue Marvel’s chest. He let loose one scream of agony, but the Blue Marvel would not be denied justice today.

He exploded from Apocalypse’s entanglement and landed a shattering blow to his skull, causing Apocalypse’s head to be extended out by three feet. He lay on the floor, reforming his body for a moment. “So be it. On this day, one member of the house of Brashear shall be my new War.†As Apocalypse finished saying those words, the Blue Marvel heard a noise, like a mechanical whirling with hydraulics hissing. And he found an even greater level of hatred for En Saban Nur.

Apocalypse had infected Candice Brashear with the techno-organic virus, like he said. Her corpse now began to stand up slowly; her flesh fell away, and could now be seen as a remade cyborg. She had once been the most beautiful and vibrant woman he had even known; now she was an Apocalypse made abomination. Then she walked across the bridge in a contorted, jerky motion towards her husband. She stopped, raised her hand and fired a laser at Adam. The laser bolt didn’t hurt him, at least not physically. He flew at her and stopped just close enough to look into her eyes. They were still dead and cold. She was still lost to him.

Adam Brashear didn’t remember when he first read Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men, but he never forgot the ending. How George had only one way to save his friend Lennie from a horrible fate. How an existential dilemma made an impossible choice easy to make. He reached out and snapped his “wife’s†neck. She fell to the floor before Adam’s tears.

The Blue Marvel stuck the ancient mutant a dozen times with mountain shattering blows. “Apocalypse! Do you have any idea what kind of Hell you’ve brought on yourself? That was my wife! You’ve desecrated her body and memory!â€

But Apocalypse had made his body into a putty like substance, absorbing each blow with no effect. “You were nothing to her. You were at best her failed assignment!†he responded with his fisted shaped like maces striking Adam back. “Yours is a greater density than to play a mere family man. You shall cull the weak from the strong with me. Pining for a simple woman is beneath you.â€

“I was happy with my ‘destiny’ as a ‘mere family man’. She loved me! And I still love her!†Adam shouted as he slammed Apocalypse though a wall of the bridge.

“Love is a lie, enshrined in a myth, masquerading as strength. Ever has ‘love’ been used by the weak to ensnare and control the strong. It is a failing. A weakness. And it must abhor by those fit to rule.†said Apocalypse as the two continued battle.

“You would see love as a weakness,†said the Blue Marvel as he pulled his fist back to land a haymaker. Just then Pestilence hit him with a hyper sonic blast, stunning him. As he lay on the floor, Death stalked closer to him with his hand emitting a radiating darkness. The Blue Marvel moved as smoothly and rapidly as ice on hot metal between the three Horsemen, dropping all of them.

But he had no time to rest, as he felt Apocalypse’s arm “melt†over his head and snake its way down into his throat. The oozing mass then formed in the shape of razors trying to cut the Blue Marvel from the inside out. “The will of Apocalypse is absolute. You shall serve my righteous cause.â€

A massive Omni directional energy pulse came from the Blue Marvel’s body, blasting Apocalypse and devastating the surrounding area. He glowed with both raw power and a Churchill moment. Freed from his entrapment Adam Brashear, hero and husband had the resolved to end the threat of Apocalypse once and for all.

====================================

Simplified set up;

One on four fight with Apocalypse having the “home field†advantage, so he has access to his technology.

Apocalypse (and his 3 horsemen) will win if Blue Marvel is killed or is made as the new Horseman.

Blue Marvel has to survive the encounter WITHOUT becoming the New War Horseman.

Fantastic set-up and great choices for the new horsemen. I don't know Apocalypst as well as I should and don't know Blue Marvel at all so I'm going to research and wait on other comments before voting.

There are a few typoes but the imagery is great and so is the characterization.

Blue Marvel's another Sentry level type individual...when he got pissed off he punched Sentry himself into orbit and KO'd him, also defeated King Hyperion, a tyrant who killed every hero(multiple Thors, Sentries, Hulks etc) on a few different Earths and made his way into the 616 universe.

Blue Marvel's another Sentry level type individual...when he got pissed off he punched Sentry himself into orbit and KO'd him, also defeated King Hyperion, a tyrant who killed every hero(multiple Thors, Sentries, Hulks etc) on a few different Earths and made his way into the 616 universe.

Wow, great set-up, El Wookiee. It seems a few EF'ers have been bringing their "A" game lately.

As for the match, unless this is vintage Apocalypse fighting here, it looks he and his Horseman may have bitten off more than they can chew.

Setup is awesome, can't find any spelling or grammar errors, and the characterisation seems pretty much spot on to me.

For the match itself, I'll have to go against the popular opinion.

Considering that Apocalypse has seemingly prepared for this encounter, and that he's got the advantage of being on his home ground, He'll be more than prepared for anything that Blue Marvel is capable of throwing at him.

He will have enhanced himself physically to be able to match, if not exceed, anything he's seen Blue Marvel do.

Most, if not all, energy attacks fired by Blue Marvel will be either absorbed and used to enhance himself further, or blocked by forcefields.

And then there's the fact that thus far we haven't seen Blue Marvel being resistant in any way, shape or form to Telepathy, which will be the ace in the hole for Apocalypse.

On top of Apocalypse being able to take on Blue Marvel on his own, he's got his 3 horsemen.

Who will, due to the usual upgrades the horsemen get when they are selected, be able to distract Blue Marvel in such a way, to allow Apocalypse to capitalize on it and either use his mental powers or the celestial technology, which is in the spaceship, to take Blue Marvel down.

• Like 1

It probably doesn't change the outcome but--per the set-up--the Horsemen are already out of the picture.

No, they aren't, per the setup they survived the omni-directional blast Black Marvel fired at the end, just before the actual fight begins.

Read the simplified setup, it's Apocalypse and his 3 horsemen against Blue Marvel, not Apocalypse and his 3 unconscious horsemen.

And Green Arrow is a white guy.

And it's just as relevant!