Raphael (Mirage): 6
Iori Yagami: 4

By UMPIRE

Michael Myers vs. Jason Voorhees

MATCH SCORE
Michael Myers: 0
Jason Voorhees: 4

By UMPIRE

Domino (Marvel Comics) vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Domino (Marvel Comics): 2
Cybermen (Mondasian): 3

By UMPIRE

Xu Wenwu vs. Sun Ce

MATCH SCORE
Xu Wenwu: 4
Sun Ce: 2

By UMPIRE

Bonne Jenet vs. Darli Dagger

MATCH SCORE
Bonne Jenet: 2
Darli Dagger: 6

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Clonetroopers vs. Orcs

MATCH SCORE
Clonetroopers: 0
Orcs: 11

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Lucky the Leprechaun vs. Willy the Hillbilly

MATCH SCORE
Lucky the Leprechaun: 9
Willy the Hillbilly: 2

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Copperhead vs. Shocker

MATCH SCORE
Copperhead: 5
Shocker: 6

By UMPIRE

12:15 - The Flash (Wally West) vs. Supergirl

MATCH SCORE
The Flash (Wally West): 4
Supergirl: 8

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Mandrill vs. Calender Man

MATCH SCORE
Mandrill: 7
Calender Man: 5

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Necrons vs. The Shi'ar Empire

MATCH SCORE
Necrons: 5
The Shi\'ar Empire: 8

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Mr. Peanut vs. Flo (Progressive)

MATCH SCORE
Mr. Peanut: 2
Flo (Progressive): 8

Rumble 13290 Lt. Linn Kurosawa vs. Machiko Noguchi

DSkillz

Machiko Noguchi is traveling with the Colonial Marines in search of Killer Predators when word gets out that a Predator has recently been captured on a nearby planet. Machiko is the first to see early videos of this Predator. She immediately recognizes him as Broken Tusk Predator, a.k.a. Dachande, the Predator that accepted her into his clan, the Yautja, and also trained her in the Yautja ways and combat style.

Upon arriving at the planet, she enters the facility where Dachande is being held and sees him being experimented on in a lab. Angered at the sight of her former comrade being treated this way, Machiko fights her way to the chamber. The former human Yautja stealthily and quickly evades and takes out any guards in her path. Once she finally reaches the lab and steps inside, she is met by another female warrior, the cyborg known as Linn Kurosawa.

Machiko is somewhat familiar with Lieutenant Linn, with both women being part of the Colonial Marines, and she has studied some of Linn's past exploits. She mentally prepares herself for what she knows may be a tough battle.

Learn More About

Lt. Linn Kurosawa

Read more about Lt. Linn Kurosawa at Wikipedia

Official Site: Capcom Links: Wikipedia GiantBomb The Alien Vs. Predator Lair

Machiko Noguchi

Read more about Machiko Noguchi at Wikipedia

Official Site: Twentieth Century Fox Links: Alien vs Predator: Prey Aliens vs Predator- Wikipedia Machiko Noguchi

Well, this matchup was bound to happen at some point. I initially thought about writing a match with these two, but I probably don't really know enough to do so since much of the knowledge I have on AvP is from Rakai-Thwei's matches and its comments.

This is Machiko fighting to free her former Yaujta mentor, Broken Tusk Predator. Linn is fighting to stop her, but is unaware that Dachande isn't a Killer Predator. This battle could possibly go to the death.

-Machiko is equipped with wrist blades, a Combi-Staff, and a Plasma Caster, all made from Medium-Grade Dlex, and equipped with Medium-Grade Dlex armor and a Bio-Mask.

-Linn is armed with her katana and pulse gun, and can use her charge attack.

Of course, Linn is familiar with any weapon, so she has some idea of what Machiko's weapons can do. Machiko is also knowledgeable of some human military arms and is aware of what Linn's Charge attack can do.

Who will come out on top in this battle of two of the Alien vs. Predator franchise's most popular female warriors?

Both female combatants are very similar because Linn Kurosawa is actually inspired by none other than Machiko Noguchi. As a matter of fact, one could say that Linn is a carbon copy of what Machiko Noguchi is as far as character essentials go and that's what makes this match up more interesting.

Linn Kurosawa has an advantage in speed and physical strength considering that she has had synthetic implants. She's a cyborg and therefore has better reflexes and strength output. She was able to go straight into hand to hand combat with Xenomorphs in droves, and she has even taken out a single Yautja-- one who has been implanted with a Xenomorph. That alone speaks volumes about what Linn Kurosawa is able to do, and she is an experienced martial artist who has her training further complimented by her USCMC Marine Corps training and cybernetic implants.

Machiko Noguchi however has had martial arts training in the art of Karate, as she was trained by Master Ko. Unlike Linn Kurosawa, she doesn't have any cybernetic implants and she hasn't had any United States Colonial Marine Corps training but she does make up for it with her tenacity and the fact that she has spent many of her days training in the art of Karate. It wasn't until her fateful meeting with Broken Tusk (Dachande) who eventually had blooded her as a marked warrior prior to his death at the end of the comic and it's novel adaptation, Prey. However she has had training by the Yautja, namely a Yautja Elder by the name of Top Knot, aka V'leitka-- and Top Knot is considered to be Dachande's main rival. If Dachande is considered the Ryu of the Predator race, then Top Knot would be considered the Ken Masters. Machiko's training in the art of Karate was complimented by her training with the Yautja and she has acquired knowledge in the art of Jehdin, so she is skilled in more than one martial art. Like Linn Kurosawa-- Machiko has taken on droves of Xenomorphs in close quarters combat, WITHOUT the aid of cybernetic implants and she has taken down two HEALTHY Yautja-- one Young Blooded, and one Blooded. Also, she has taken down a USCMC soldier in unarmed combat-- and the Marine was armed with an M41A Pulse Rifle and armored with USCMC M3 body armore, as seen in Three World War.

This ends up being a close match up... But in the end, Machiko wins.

She just has more skill and more tenacity than Linn Kurosawa-- and Linn's charge attack leaves her quite vulnerable, something which Machiko will take advantage of.

-Rakai'Thwei

This ends up being a close match up... But in the end, Machiko wins.

Then I've done my job. :D Thanks, Rakai! Wish I had played AvP back in the day, though. I've played hundreds of arcade games in my day--and beat-'em-ups were among my favorites--but somehow this one evaded me.

She just has more skill and more tenacity than Linn Kurosawa...

Are you sure? All the bios on Linn state that she knows virtually every martial art on Earth.

Are you sure? All the bios on Linn state that she knows virtually every martial art on Earth.

I am pretty sure that is a false assesment in accordance to Linn Kurosawa's skill and biography. I assume that you have gotten that statement from either Xenopedia and Capcom Wikia. Concerning Xenopedia, their article pages are poorly researched and generally list down false information. Regarding Capcom Wikia... Well, they don't have a thorough article on Linn Kurosawa. Also it wouldn't be wise to also take information from Giant Bomb either since their information is likely wrong.

I have Alien vs Predator on Winkawaks. And here is the information taken from the game itself.

CODE : BH-00054C

WEAPON : Katana / Samurai Sword

GUN : Large Caliber Pulse Handgun (fast reload)

She is as swift and deadly as the sword on her side. Though unable to grapple foes, she excels in aerial combat, including kicks and throws.

A cyborg who leads the 13th Colonial Marine Corps. She is a master of ancient martial arts which she combines with her super strength for lethal effect. Always equipped with a Japanese katana that represents her soul.

Source: http://www.arcadequartermaster.com/avp_kurosawa.html

It only mentions that Linn Kurosawa knows ANCIENT martial arts. It doesn't mean that she knows EVERY martial art from around the world.

-Rakai'Thwei

I am pretty sure that is a false assesment in accordance to Linn Kurosawa's skill and biography. I assume that you have gotten that statement from either Xenopedia and Capcom Wikia. Concerning Xenopedia, their article pages are poorly researched and generally list down false information. Regarding Capcom Wikia... Well, they don't have a thorough article on Linn Kurosawa. Also it wouldn't be wise to also take information from Giant Bomb either since their information is likely wrong.

Heh, you just mentioned every source on Linn that I looked up last night. Good to know. Shows that I haven't play the game itself.

Thanks for digging up a legitimate source on Linn. Not sure I would've found that.

Huh.

Another source:

http://www.comicvine...osawa/29-79791/

"The product of ambitious Japanese corporations, Linn Kurosawa combines superhuman strength (although lesser than the Predator race), speed, familiarity with all types of weapons, and a prototype programming that gives her command over virtually all the martial arts ever created. She is especially adept in the Japanese sword art of Kendo, among other styles."

Is that taken from the Xenopedia profile?

"The product of ambitious Japanese corporations, Linn Kurosawa combines superhuman strength (although lesser than the Predator race), speed, familiarity with all types of weapons, and a prototype programming that gives her command over virtually all the martial arts ever created. She is especially adept in the Japanese sword art of Kendo, among other styles."

That is not taken from the Xenopedia profile, but looking at the in-game profile for Linn Kurosawa-- there is no mention of her being made anything of a mention of her being a product of ambitious Japanese corporations or her being a full synthetic as her in-game and arcade flyer profiles are concerned. I don't know where Xenopedia or even Comicvine is getting this information that she is a full on synthetic or even programmed with every martial art that was developed on a world wide scale.

Linn_Kurosawa_Bio_AVP94.jpg

That is a screenshot of her full in-game profile.

There is no mention of her being a full on synthetic. The term cyborg is used to described a human being who has cybernetic implants. A full on synthetic would be described as an automaton or android. Also, there is no mention of her being the product of a Japanese corporation and being programmed with a specific martial art. So where are these people getting that information on Lt. Kurosawa from?

Yes, I can confirm that Lt. Linn Kurosawa is trained in the use of fire-arms as it's likely she recieved that training from the USCMC. And I will admit that she has been trained in some form of sword combat, but there are many different kinds of Japanese sword styles out there such as Kendo, Kenjutsu, Iaito, etc... but what specific style she knows is not specified.

-Rakai'Thwei

Linn would win in my opinion. There is no way Machiko could take down dozens of Xenos with just martial art skills alone. Linn can, that puts her on a whole new physical level.Her gunplay is no joke either and she has the sword if it all comes down to it.

There is no way Machiko could take down dozens of Xenos with just martial art skills alone.

She actually kinda has in Three World War. As a matter of fact, she was the FIRST in a group of Marines and Yautja to jump into a Xenomorph hoarde.

noguchi.jpg

-Rakai'Thwei

Linn is a cyborg, she's physically superior to humans, and to Machiko, and more than one source states that she knows either every martial art or, at least, a lot of them, and either way more than however many Machiko knows. Machiko might have some special skills and/or techniques Linn hasn't encountered before, but she needs a weapon, or several weapons, to be at her most effective, whereas ls herself a weapon. It seems to me that Linn outclasses Machiko in every way that genuinely counts here, giving her the win. It would be a good fight, but Linn would definitely win it.

Linn is a cyborg, she's physically superior to humans, and to Machiko, and more than one source states that she knows either every martial art or, at least, a lot of them, and either way more than however many Machiko knows.

If you are refering to Xenopedia, Giant Bomb, Capcom Wikia, and Comicvine I can assure you that those are false. None of the official sources from Capcom or Twentieth Century Fox has stated that Linn Kurosawa is a master of every known martial art that has ever been developed. They have only stated that she is a master of swordplay techniques and has had training from the USCMC. I don't know why this is hard for you to understand, because you seem to be defending those mentioned sources and not acknowledging the OFFICIAL sources. And those aforementioned sources you seem to be talking about haven't presented any sourced links on where their information is sourced, and when they do present them, it happens to be fan-sites with made up information that has no sourcing.

Machiko might have some special skills and/or techniques Linn hasn't encountered before, but she needs a weapon, or several weapons, to be at her most effective, whereas ls herself a weapon.

There is a common misconception that Linn Kurosawa has handled the Xenomorph infestation of San Drad in the Capcom Alien vs Predator arcade. This is also something which is false. For one, Linn Kurosawa has had the helt of Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer the Fouth (He's not Dutch from the original Predator), and of course the two Predators who were featured in that particular game and storyline. So no, she hasn't defeated the Xenomorph infestation by herself.

Machiko needing weapons just to be effective. Wow, Skadoosh, you must REALLY seem to either like selling AvP characters short, or you don't know jack about them and present yourself as passing yourself that you have some mild knowledge of it. I've already made mention of Machiko's level of skill:

Machiko Noguchi however has had martial arts training in the art of Karate, as she was trained by Master Ko. Unlike Linn Kurosawa, she doesn't have any cybernetic implants and she hasn't had any United States Colonial Marine Corps training but she does make up for it with her tenacity and the fact that she has spent many of her days training in the art of Karate. It wasn't until her fateful meeting with Broken Tusk (Dachande) who eventually had blooded her as a marked warrior prior to his death at the end of the comic and it's novel adaptation, Prey. However she has had training by the Yautja, namely a Yautja Elder by the name of Top Knot, aka V'leitka-- and Top Knot is considered to be Dachande's main rival. If Dachande is considered the Ryu of the Predator race, then Top Knot would be considered the Ken Masters. Machiko's training in the art of Karate was complimented by her training with the Yautja and she has acquired knowledge in the art of Jehdin, so she is skilled in more than one martial art. Like Linn Kurosawa-- Machiko has taken on droves of Xenomorphs in close quarters combat, WITHOUT the aid of cybernetic implants and she has taken down two HEALTHY Yautja-- one Young Blooded, and one Blooded. Also, she has taken down a USCMC soldier in unarmed combat-- and the Marine was armed with an M41A Pulse Rifle and armored with USCMC M3 body armore, as seen in Three World War.

We've established that Machiko has been trained in Karate and even the Yautja martial art of Jehdin. Jehdin is more than just a hard style hand to hand fighting style, Jehdin also has numerous weapon forms ranging from spear fighting, to sword fighting, and even the use of long range weaponry. But as far as hand to hand styles go, there is a display of Jehdin mentioned explicitly in the novels and it is explicitly stated as being more complex that any known Earth developed martial art:

Noguchi hurled herself after the warrior. Several of the bugs streamed from behind the shed and toward Broken Tusk. He stepped in to battle without hesitation. Too many of them, ten, twelve. She aimed at one of the bugs—and it was dead before she fired. She took aim again—and again, her target had fallen already. She took a step back, transfixed by the swift movements of the giant warrior. Here was no inexperienced novice; every step was measured, every strike timed and sure. Within the space of a few seconds, most of the bugs were down, dead or dying. She had enough training to recognize a Master when she saw one. This one’s skill had been gained in battle, against deadly enemies. Broken Tusk whirled and jabbed, crouched and slashed with precision and confidence. Never a misstep, never a hesitation. He was no dojo tiger, covered in padding and fighting for points. Wherever he had come from, they had a martial arts more complex and dangerous than any she’d ever seen. It was like a choreographed dance.

Source: Alien vs Predator: Prey - Steve and Stephani Perry. Pages 195-196.

Machiko has a fair amount of knowledge of Martial Arts, and narration indicates that she has seen other styles before. She makes a comparison of her knowledge in Karate and the other martial arts she has likely encountered in her training with Master Ko, and notes that Jehdin is more complex and dangerous than whatever humans have come up with as far as Martial Arts goes. Given that Machiko has taken on physically superior opponents and has the skill to match up with Linn... Linn only has the physical going for her.

Really Skadoosh, you're selling Machiko a bit short here.

-Rakai'Thwei

I can actually reach out and touch the condescension in the air.

I just don't like it when people sell certain characters short, and act like they know about obscure characters.

Don't get me wrong, I know quite a lot about Linn and Machiko here-- even enough to know that Machiko was the inspiration that Capcom was given to create Linn Kurosawa. But damn, Capcom fans really blow Linn out of preportion sometimes. And this is coming from someone who is a Capcom AND AvP fan, which ironically is what Linn is considering that Capcom collaborated with Fox for the game.

But Machiko has the better fortified armor (Dlex generally is stronger than steel), more powerful weapon (the plasma caster) and she's got slightly more skill than Linn. Linn only has the physical edge over Machiko.

-Rakai'Thwei

Oh man, that hurt me... that hurt me deep inside...

Yes, yes... Revel in your failure. Drown in your own misguided attempts at humor and allow me to be given pleasure from the mere sight of you weeping.

-Rakai'Thwei