Alex Cross vs. Azazel

MATCH SCORE
Alex Cross: 2
Azazel: 4

Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. Bone Saw McGraw

MATCH SCORE
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 7
Bone Saw McGraw: 4

Bass Armstrong vs. Alex (Street Fighter)

MATCH SCORE
Bass Armstrong: 2
Alex (Street Fighter): 5

Sign in to follow this  
Fox

CBUB January 2013 Challenge

I just finished writing for this. How do I submit?

Post it as a CBUB Battle or rumble, then post its link in this topic.

This Song Crystamanthequins

or

- No Good, No More.

Both work just as well for my set-up as it turns out. I wrote to No Good, No More but I was jammin to Crystamanthequins on my own time and I was like "This song fits just as well if not better."

---

Here's the Fic

T-minus 4 days to get an entry in. I believe Treacherous posted this ends on the 20th.

As a side note...

I was originally thinking that I could use a monthly Prize as an incentive to try and get the website updated more frequently. For example, the front page news feed of electricferret.com (the blog). I was thinking I could use a monthly prize as an incentive to inspire the posting of timely news and content because I, just on my own, don't have as much time to do it.

However, based on recent volume of entries, it almost seems like the Prize is instead acting as a dis-incentive to the Tournament. Anyone got any theories on that? Perhaps it is the Prize itself - a flat Amazon store credit to buy whatever the winner wished might be better in the future? Or, maybe smaller prizes but with up to three winners? Or, maybe just the existence of a prize is a Turn Off or presents too much pressure.

Hmmmm.... Just puzzling on it.

Still, good luck to the participants and we will have the Kindle drawing after the Tournament ends on the 20th.

However, based on recent volume of entries, it almost seems like the Prize is instead acting as a dis-incentive to the Tournament. Anyone got any theories on that? Perhaps it is the Prize itself - a flat Amazon store credit to buy whatever the winner wished might be better in the future? Or, maybe smaller prizes but with up to three winners? Or, maybe just the existence of a prize is a Turn Off or presents too much pressure.

Truly baffling! A freakin Kindle Fire - COME ON PEOPLE!!!

I blame society, kids these days, eh. Mumblemumblemumble

old-man.jpg

T-minus 4 days to get an entry in. I believe Treacherous posted this ends on the 20th.

As a side note...

I was originally thinking that I could use a monthly Prize as an incentive to try and get the website updated more frequently. For example, the front page news feed of electricferret.com (the blog). I was thinking I could use a monthly prize as an incentive to inspire the posting of timely news and content because I, just on my own, don't have as much time to do it.

Still, good luck to the participants and we will have the Kindle drawing after the Tournament ends on the 20th.

I've got no clue. It could simply be the challenge of this month's... uh, Challenge. Maybe people aren't too into tying a fight with music or so. I doubt it's the incentives of prizes, since it's not like we're saying "And now the grading requirements are HARDER THAN EVER!" or something silly like that. We're all still grading as we used to... and it seems unlikely the the prize itself is making people go "Nah, a Kindle Fire? Pffft." since it's FREE. Seriously, FREE. Pseudonym might end up winning by being the sole entry.

An FPLer winning the CBUB tournament? Ridiculous!

I was a CBUBer about six years now. Not as active in the CBUB anymore, but yeah.

As for the prize, I'm doing this one mostly for the prize, it's incentivized me. Even if the prize were a lot smaller, like ten dollars amazon credit. That would still really interest me just as much.

Well, don't look at me. I wasn't participating before there were prizes. I'm what you'd call "the lazy bum of CBUB." :P

Way back when Jaretha and Mr. Graves were running challenges on the last model of CBUB, we would've clawed each other's eyeballs out for this kind of stuff.

Don't worry people leroypowell3 is done with his challenge set up. I want to go over it for carelessness and then I'll have it up late tomorrow.

Now it's going somewhere.

One mo' day. Less jibber jabber, mo writin' The Kindle Fire wants to be yours (or MINE).