Alex Cross vs. Azazel

MATCH SCORE
Alex Cross: 2
Azazel: 4

Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. Bone Saw McGraw

MATCH SCORE
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 7
Bone Saw McGraw: 4

Bass Armstrong vs. Alex (Street Fighter)

MATCH SCORE
Bass Armstrong: 2
Alex (Street Fighter): 5

Dhalsim vs. Voldo

MATCH SCORE
Dhalsim: 4
Voldo: 3

Cindy Aurum vs. Deliah Blue

MATCH SCORE
Cindy Aurum: 4
Deliah Blue: 3

Yoshimitsu vs. Ryu Hayabusa

MATCH SCORE
Yoshimitsu: 1
Ryu Hayabusa: 5

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers vs. Ransik

MATCH SCORE
MIghty Morphin Power Rangers: 3
Ransik: 5

Donatello (Mirage) vs. King (Art Of Fighting)

MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 17
King (Art Of Fighting): 4

Sign in to follow this  
Fox

CBUB January 2013 Challenge

The Premise

Monthly, a writing challenge will be posted on this portion of the forums. Anybody who wants to write on the CBUB is able to participate. To participate simply create a match that follows the challenge rules to the CBUB main page. Then post a link to that fight on this page. Only one entry per contestant. There will be a two week deadline to post your match. Miss the deadline? Better luck next month. Special judges will pick their favorite matches based on creativity, uniqueness and all that writing mumbo jumbo. The Top Three winners will be announced here with the main winners fight going to the Official CBUB Hall Of Fame board as the writer of the month.

The Judges

Treacherous, Ruinus, Culwych come to mind, but any past winners that want to judge, pm Treacherous. Also, we are hopefully welcoming Doom (Hugo Fowl) to the judge's fold.

The Deadline

Challenge begins January 7th and will end on January 20th. That's a long time to write a CBUB match, but I want lots of participants. Judging will be done between the 21st and 25th.

The Challenge/Rules

This month the challenge will be to create a match that is inspired by a piece of music. Any two characters are okay and any music will do. The real challenge will be creating a set-up that is N Sync with the music. Get it! N Sync!! Ha ha! Okay, so this may be simply creating a fight and having the music be the backdrop, writing a musical or it can be the characters acting out the song lyrics of your favorite song. Whatever you want to do. We are looking for creativity. Surprise us.

The January Challenge Grand Prize

This month has a prize. The grand prize is a Kindle Fire HD 16GB tablet.

View Here: http://www.amazon.co...uct/B008GGCAVM/

This prize will be shipped directly from Amazon to the winner of the contest.

Prize Eligibility

The prize will be a random drawing from names in a hat.

To be eligible to have your name in the hat at the time of the drawing you must meet these requirements:

1. You must have participated in a previous CBUB Tournament (Prior to this January Tournament) with either an official match entry or as a official match Judge in a tournament run in the 12 Months of year of 2012: January 2012 - December 2012.

2. You must enter the January Tournament with a Match or be an official January Tournament Judge.

3. You must have a valid mailing address you are willing to provide in the event you win so that the prize can get to you.

The drawing will occur after the deadline date (to be provided by Treacherous, above).

There is only one Grand Prize which will be given to one winner who meets the eligibility requirements and has their name drawn randomly from the hat. This random drawing is a participation prize - just to say thanks for participating in the Tournaments. It is open to the people who have been participating. Good Luck!

Thanks!

500x483xkindle_fire_hd.png.pagespeed.ic.Zs-ujwwbOo.png

Dayum man! That's a nice prize.

You know those commercials about people who save a crap ton of money by switching to Geico? Well, I just saved a crap ton of money by switching from my former blood-sucking vampire of a web host.

So... you know, I can afford to throw out a prize or three, now.

And Hey, if you are not eligible for this month's participation prize, get eligible for the next one by participating this month!

Ooooh, nice! I should put something in so I can be up for one of these newfangled gadgets. :D

I already have one, so in the event that I win, would it be my choice as to who gets it?

Sure why not. I mean it would be yours to do with as you want. Gift it to your mom, your dad, a friend, a hot chick at school, a fellow CBUBer, whoever... Up to you.

Hate to look like a materialist (jumping on the bandwagon) but it might be time to show ya'll chumps how to write a set up.

Well Im glad I participated in October. I'll give this another try. Cant wait to see the challenge.

Sure why not. I mean it would be yours to do with as you want. Gift it to your mom, your dad, a friend, a hot chick at school, a fellow CBUBer, whoever... Up to you.

Did I ever mention that Corvette is my favorite person ever?

BTW, if the idea I saw the judges put out for this month's theme holds up, this month's challenge should be very interesting.

So the challenge is to make a match inspired by a piece of music? Ok, but what was the point of that poll?

He's talking about the poll you did for a different tournament in General Discussion. It's not the same thing @Potterpuppetpals.

Expect more than a few rap-themed matches for this one. ;)

• Like 1

He's talking about the poll you did for a different tournament in General Discussion. It's not the same thing @Potterpuppetpals.

Oh.

Thinking about it, bigballerju may just deserve a prize or honor of his own. As he's the only member who put an entry in for every month (aside from December), he may be something of a dark horse MVP of these challenges.

Question about the set up? It can be more than one character right. It doesn't have to be just one on one?

In all the other challenges it's been allowed to be as many people as you want, so I can't imagine this being any different