Ayane vs. Kunimitsu

MATCH SCORE
Ayane: 7
Kunimitsu: 6

Mass Effect Universe vs. The Elder Scrolls Universe

MATCH SCORE
Mass Effect Universe: 5
The Elder Scrolls Universe: 4

Time Force Power Rangers vs. Choriki Sentai Ohranger vs. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

MATCH SCORE
Time Force Power Rangers: 0
Ch?riki Sentai Ohranger: 2
MIghty Morphin Power Rangers: 6

Hawkins A.V. Club (Stranger Things) vs. G'mork

MATCH SCORE
Hawkins A.V. Club (Stranger Things): 1
G'mork: 4

Mandalorian Supercommandos vs. Aslan's Army

MATCH SCORE
Mandalorian Supercommandos: 6
Aslan's Army: 3

Caesar vs. Sun Wukong The Monkey King

MATCH SCORE
Caesar: 6
Sun Wukong The Monkey King: 1

Sign in to follow this  
Mercenaryblade

Starfire Legacy

Bridge: "Aye, aye ma'am." Jansen and just about everyone else on the bridge said.

The guns fired again the outer frigate took a few hits though the shields held.

The frigate that was closest to them however would take a direct hit right at the weakpoint. The shields flickered a sign they were down. "Their shields are down!" The scanner tech called out excitedly.The Sh'ra frigate was now defenseless except it's hull which would provide little protection against heavy guns.

Armory: One of the armourers handed Matlock a blaster carbine and three spare energy packs.

Satheera made her way to where Larkin had stopped rolling, "You okay?" The Selurian asked with a note of real concern. Meanwhile Esperanza had turned to Anders, "Well what's with you shy guy?" She asked. The marines and MA's that had been truck with the barrel or knocked off their feet were being attended by a few of their buddies everyone had at least a passing knowledge of SABC (Self, Aid and Buddy Care) but a real medical professional taking a look at the more serious cases would probably be a good idea.

"Long gun sir?" One of the armourers asked offering Solus a projectile assault rifle.

Tora would notice that the mouthy marine had made his way up to him, "Man, you look like you're like me; an ultimate badass! These higher ups keep telling me to pipedown, but they just don't get it."

In Space: Around this time the Sh'ra fighters broke off their attack and flew off towards the planet and the remaining ships. "Why aren't they pressing the offensive?" Lilly asked.

Talon shouted over the radio, "Who cares about them, that Frigate is a kill slot waiting to happen." Deardra responded to Lilly, "I think they're going to try and carry out the raid themselves."

Engineering: At her post Maharil would feel the ship jostle violently, and then worse her screen showed that their was a potential weakness developing in the shields, unless she rerouted power from some non essential area the shields would go down in that spot from too much abuse.

Anders thought in his head that his cover was potentially blown! Damage control is needed! He quickly turned to the woman, called Esperanza, and replied, "Nothing's wrong. Still on guard." Even if Esperanza looked familiar to him, the chrome-eyed assassin still needs to keep his cover. Now his cover could be in jeopardy. His voice also appeared in a monotone. If she did look familiar, she was likely to be a fellow ex-Spear member.

Anyway, it was back to work. The enemy can board the ship anytime soon. It was best for Anders to stay alert and ready. Without the mindset, results could mean trouble.

-Maharil tried to hold on as the ship got rocked again. Regaining her balance, she curses as her ears tilted fiercly downward, she really did knew this, but the pressure of actual combat is making it hard to remember.. "But, where the am I soppused to draw power from? The...bathrooms?" She thinks outloud, as she tries to see if there was anything on the screen that clued in on what wasn't so important.

-Hell-Cat frowned, she didn't like how the fighters were just leaving the battlefield, though, there was the two frigigates to worry about. One had it's sheilds down and the other was still at 100%. She needed advice, so she turns on the comm. "Captin. We have enemy boggies heading planetside, do we pursue, or help take out the enemy frigates?"

"Perhaps they actually mean for you to shut your mouth, or perhaps to cease the vibration of your vocal cords, which I would be happy to oblige them in doing personally," Tora spoke coldly to the obnoxious marine.

Naomi maneuvered their course to in front of the frigate so as to provide them a clear shot, depending on the pilot to follow the course she'd set.

*Alice/Destiny: The Rhyshellen gives a big cheer when one of the frigate shields is disabled. Though she did her best to not let the situation overwhelm her, she kept at the station as she tried to plot the course of the second frigate. Alice meanwhile keeps her eyes on both ships warily when a call come sin from one of Corsair squadron.

"Captin. We have enemy boggies heading planetside, do we pursue, or help take out the enemy frigates?"

Commander Remington gives a small frown. That wasn't good, likely a trap to boot. Regardless, she couldn't exactly risk the colony down below.

"How many sh'ra fighters are still in play? We can't let them get away but at least one enemy frigate is still in play. I trust your judgement, but if you can spare any of the squad to stick close in case anything happens that'd be greatly appreciated. Same if you think everyone's needed for this task, but making sure nothing happens down below is a priority!" Alice calls over the radio before looking over to her crew. "We're not done yet either, I wanna know what damage we did and what the other frigate is planning 40 seconds ago" she says forcefully, staying at her post with steely eyes. Things were just getting started and she was on edge, waiting for something to go down. This is just that much more incentive to Destiny to see what she could see on the scanners.

*Larkin: The Daedalian shkes his head and once he recovered he saw Satheera's big round eyes.

"Ahm, yeah that....that was me avoiding a faceplant, heh. Thanks for askin'." he says nervously before patting Solus' arm. "Thanks for the save Solus sir..." he grunts before trying to lift himself up with the full marine kit on him. He hadn't worn everything so tight since basic, must'a be out of nervousness. "You meet anyone new in here too?" he asks aloud towards both while trying to change the conversation.

Redfield

Having deftly steadied himself after the ship pitched, Redfield went about attending to the Marine who had been knocked over. He walked over, checking to see if the man was unconscious. "Marine! You alright?" he barked, kneeling down next to him.

Matlock

Vincent took the rifle before desperately grabbing onto the armory cage to keep himself from falling over. Once the orientation returned to normal, he turned to see the fallen Master-At-Arms. He slung the rifle over his shoulder, hustling over to attend to the man. He gestured with his head to Solus, hoping to get some help if need be.

Martyr smiled, this wasn't going too badly yet. "2 ships to take out the frigate, everything else destroy the other one's shields." She suggested. She watched, slightly more calm.

Bridge: The scanner tech spoke, "The damaged Frigate is making a run toward us, the second is trying to get by us." Trying to get by could mean a flanking maneuver or a run for the colony.

"Let's sic the fighters on the damaged one." Jansen suggested, "A few good hits from our guns or their missiles and that ship is done for." The Pantheurian comms officer spoke then, "Sounds like they're about t do just that."

Armory: "Well, I had a bit of a chat with that large Pantheurian. Glad he's on our side." She said blinking her eyes it was odd speaking ordinarily when there was a battle raging outside. Satheera also found herself wondering who was bigger and who would win in a fight between Solus and Tora.

The marine speaking to Tora gaped at him for a bit before shuffling away, "No one on this ship seems to like me." He muttered

Redifeld would find the marine that had been bowled over was conscious but he had a nasty welt on his face. "I, think I'm okay..." The marine muttered trailing off his sentence. "Wait where am I again?"

As Matlock went forward with the fallen master at arms managed to get to his feet before crumpling back to the deck moaning,

Meanwhile Esperanza hook her head at Anders, "Yeah, whatever shyguy."

In Space: There were only three Sh'ra fighters left, "l'm going after them!" Talon declared. "Hey! Hey! I'm not leaving my wingman." Cutthroat said as he followed after the cocky Xyl, that left four ships to deal with the frigates. "Let's take out their engines!" Deardra suggested.

Engineering: Martyr would find that there was a few non essential areas such as the recreational facilities and of course the bathrooms

"I wonder why?" Tora's superior hearing allowed him to hear the marine quite clearly... he'd leave him to think on that, if his words held any weight.

Naomi kept their course with them facing the damaged frigate in front, but turning the ship so it was facing both as they zoomed past, with the nose and guns aimed for the injured one. She'd thought to have them be facing the one that was trying to flank so they could slow it down or outright destroy it.

"..." Anders was not shy at all. But Esperanza was too bubbly for his own good or it seems. The chromed Assassin rolled his eyes. "I do have a name. It's Anders." If Anders was not vulnerable to have his cover blown, he'd be more amicable. He did not like to have his tongue wagging, but it needed, he will. Anders thinks he is one step away from the chopping block due to his past. The steel eyes of Anders would become more visible. If she was an ex-member, then he'd be more open. He thought in his head: If Helen is still alive, she'd behead me if I talked to another woman. I doubt so and I'll get compromised if Helen doesn't behead me...

Anyway, the biggest surprise would be that the Marines and Gov. forces will forgive Anders for his past. Right now, it's making sure he does not get caught and he should elude any threat of compromise. Being practically a stealthy killer was difficult in the environment, but he has the skills.

Hell-Cat couldn't beleive it, she couldn't grasp the concept, but she still lets them go. "Fine. Whatever, just don't die and if you do, it ain't my fault!" She growls, thinking it must be a bird thing; Hell-Cat then thanks Deardra for being the only rational as of right now. "Right. Just watch out for any surprises." As she heads over to the closest enemy frigate for a strafing run.

Maharil quickly divereted the energy from those unneccary areas, thinking she can smack her self later...she hoped.

Redfield & Matlock

Both men quickly tilted their heads into the air and cried out, "Corpsman!". Each spared a surprised look at the other before searching around the hangar bay for a medic. The Marine had a possible concussion, something that shouldn't go untreated. The Master-At-Arms didn't seem much better off.

Alice- The Commander watches the two ships take independent routes.

"Dammit, was hoping they'd stay down." she grunts. Jansen and the communications officer make it clear that (most of) Corsair squadron were going to try an attack run on the wounded ship. She's thankful but even if they disable it, they would need to be taken care of and the other ship would likely need the Starfire's full attention. After some thought she tries to recommunicate with those on the strafing run.

"Alright, you are clear for the run. We have to work fast, aim on disabling it's propulsion and guns with that first strafe. Take out their damn bridge if you have to! I want that thing floating and nothing else....we're gonna be boarding it." she says reluctantly. Time to give the boys downstairs something to do. She gives Jansen the signal to put everybody into play. Turning tot he rest of the group she frowns.

"We need to focus on that clean frigate. Wherever it's going I don't want it to get within spitting distance of the general area. Plot a course to intercept, I need a plan." she says aloud to her bridge team. A miracle would be nice.

Larkin- "Heh good to hear" he says, dusting himself off from the incident. "Some extra muscle to watch out...ready for this?" he asks to Satheera. He then chuckles a bit. "You can be honest."

Bridge: The Frigates kept up their course the shielded one taking a few potshots at the Starfire, Naomi and the pilot were keeping up with the enemy frigate pretty well, the second damaged craft seemed to go on the defensive as the fighters began to harass it.   

Armory: The cocky marine didn't seem to hear Tora's words or at least was choosing not to hear them. Regardless no one else was striking up conversations but the Pantheurian could eavesdrop on a few if he wished.

"Well nice to meet you Anders." Esperanza replied, "What's your callsign? Mine's Firebrand."

Two corpsmen who had been assisting a few other wounded made their way over to the master at arms and the marine. "I'll take it from here sir." The first addressed Redfield. "I've got this." The second said to Matlock.

Satheera tared at Larkin for a moment, "Well it's not my first, but battles aren't all alike. Guess I'm ready as I'll ever be."

Just then all would hear the PA go off, "Boarding parties to the landing craft!" The comm officer said. This was a sign they'd be attacking instead of defending, the marines were going in with a few MA's acting as augmentees.

In Space: Talon and Cutthroat perued the Sh'ra fighters which were about to make an attack run on a civilian frieghter desperately trying to avoid them. "I got the loser on the left. you take right." The cocky Xyl said, He went for a lock and fired, the Sh'ra fighter released countermeasures and looped around to fly towards him guns firing. "Aw, Hell!" Talon yelled banking away.

Cutthroat had fired a salvo of missiles successfully dispatching a Sh'ra fighter. Accessing the situation he chose to go after th elast fighter still menacing the frieghter. Talon was now dueling with his opponet. 

Deardra, and Lilly acknowledged their orders and started their run first using missiles and then their guns. Lilly was first in and took out a few of the defensive turrets, Deardra landed a good hit on the engines severely slowing the frigate down.

Hellcat had a a good chance to hit the bridge if she wanted to. 

Engineering: The reroute worked the potential weakspot was stabilized and hopefully Maharil would be able to enjoy that fact.

Tora chose to listen into a conversation and was about to "tune in" before receiving the orders to go to the landing craft. He complied without question, merely a smirk at the rookies who were probably jittery.

Naomi kept on course with the injured fighter, making sure to take note of the undamaged one as well, and would reroute accordingly if it attacked or made an evasive maneuver.

"Outside my inner circle, people call me 'Assassin.'" Anders also looked at Esperanza, now calling herself Firebrand, further in the eyes.  This gesture meant that he was by no means shy and timid.  The chrome of his eyes became more apparent.  He captured her facial features to read her emotions.  Whether she was trying to boost morale or investigate was important.

As soon as the PA announced, he ran with the rest of the marines.  The enemy was most likely to be Sh'ra, judging from what he has read about the past war.  Renegades must be abound or perhaps rogues that are holding a grudge.  It would be damning if he had to slay his comrades that turned to piracy or mercenary work.  Anders was ready and prepared.  It was showtime.

As they ran to their positions, Lonergan looked at the others and frowned. "Don't get cocky marines, we don't need showboats, heroes or gloryhounds right now. Keep your cool, remember your training and we'll be just fine. Understood?!"

Redfield

"You heard him, Marines!" Redfield called out in response to Lonergan's statement. He ushered the Marines, in formation, towards the landing craft. Their NCOs would be taking over the small unit management from here. Now he just had to worry about the big picture.

Matlock

"Alright, I want all VBSS-certified MAs on me!" Vincent shouted. "Fall in behind the Marines!" As soon as the designated augmentees were assembled, Matlock would check in with his C/O before marching them behind the Marines and towards the landing craft.

Martyr: Martyr sghed as her advice was not taken. Oh well, whatever. She was working for them anyways. She sighed and went back to reading her strategy books like she figured a tactician should. She would listen around to see how the battle was going as she read, she needed a good idea. She needed to prove she was good.

*Alice: Commander Remington watches the weakened frigate with a slight grin.

"We got em on the ropes, I want those Marines ready to ship ASAP. Try and maneuver on the remaining frigate. I want focused fire and I want to know where to shoot." she says calmly.

*Destiny: The Rhyshellen echoes Alice's smirk as it becomes a one-on-one fight. She quickly goes on some mechanics, this frigate had to have a spot where they could hammer away, it needed to be found right away.

"We're halfway there, everyone keep calm" she mutters aloud, though she wasn't exactly taking her own advice

*Larkin: Larkin gives a nod to Satheera. At that time he overhears the codename "Firebrand". That probably had a story behind it, though one conversation at a time.

"Yeah, well same here." he starts to say when the alarm goes off. "That things loud..." he snarks as his ears part. Propping up his shotgun, he barely resisted a big warcry, that'd come after. "The moment of truth." he mumbles before holstering the shotgun as if he was gonna open fire right now. His choice statement was aimed at Satheera and Solus, though Firebrand among other marines could easily hear him as well.

Solus would follow suit with the MA's to the landing craft. Though he was in charge among most he decided to let Vincent lead for now. Might as well test his mettle and what better time than now? He looked over at Larkin "Ready Larkin? Ya damn pretty pup."

As Larkin all but rack's a shell into the shotgun, he hears Solus' jest as everyone is still filing out. Turning to the large Daedalian, he bares teeth playfully. He was kinda warming up to the big guy.

"When we get out there you can find out for yourself. Also, with all due respect sir, the amount of time I spend to keep my fur in order does not take away from training time. I think on my file somewhere it says I was always at the top of my class in bootcamp". He was speaking in jests of course, though he could find out pretty quickly if he was out of line.

Solus chuckled gruffly. If Larkin noticed he went with no gun at the ready. "Boot camp only means so much. Hell I never had no formal training till late career anyways. You stay with me. I wanna test your mettle on the field."

Larkin did get a good view on Solus, the fact that he seemed comfortable with gauntlets and a six shot revolver was not lost on him. The statement on no formal training till later on....made sense. Not that he couldn't respect him regardless, the only tell were his eyes and ears.

"I understand sir, but I wouldn't worry about my practical experience." he says with a chuckle. "Seems like you want this to be a test-run for everyone on the ship." he says with some insight, a change of pace from him.

Bridge: "I got a soft spot lined up! Aim for thier engines." The human scanner tech called out. The Sh'ra frigate was trying to make a break for it and go for the colony, it was a faster ship built for quick raids, but the Starfire had the advantage the trick was to take out the frigate before she could run away. 

"Marines are away." The Pantheurian comms said. Jansen nodded. "Best of luck to them."

Flight Deck (Marines/MAs) It didn't take the trained marines and MA's long to assemble, under their officers commands they made their way towards a pair of menacing gunships both ships doubled as troop transports. Larkin, Stheera, Anders, Tora, Firebrand and Ace were first in the gunship followed by Solus and Matlock, as well as a contingent of MA's. Redfield and the rest of the command and the other half of the marines and MA's would go in the second craft. "Strap yourselves in!" We're in for one hell of a ride." The pilot called out.

As soon as everyone was secured the ships launched and made their way towards the crippled frigate, the fighters and the Starfire's guns had done a lot of damage to the exterior of the ship. A few of the fighters were in fact still making attack runs on the ship. Just as well took the focus away from the boarding craft.

It didn't take long for the craft to find airlocks close to one another and latch on. The pilots had done their job now it was the Marines show. "Det, charges!" Someone shouted as they began to secure demolition charges to the door of the Sh'ra ship. "Five second, delay! Five, Four, Three, Two, One; Detonating!" There was a loud bang and a bright flash as the door was blown off.      

In Space: Talon was still dueling with his adversary, when he heard cutthroat call out that he had scrapped a fighter. "Look at you hogging all the glory! Meanwhile i'm dealing with this guy!" Talon muttered just as he got behind the Sh'ra fighter and got a good hit with his guns. The fighter spiraled away from the hit and exploded.

Deardra, Lilly and Hellcat however were pounding on anything functional on the frigate when they spotted the gunships. "Hey, looks like the marines are moving in!" Deardra called out. They would slack off their attack while their comrades boarded the vessel.

Engineering: So far all was clear there were no more weak spots in the shields for Maharil to deal with.