Shao Kahn vs. Darth Vader

MATCH SCORE
Shao Kahn: 5
Darth Vader: 3

Sign in to follow this  
Mercenaryblade

Starfire Legacy

Redfield

Jason smirked subtly at Lonergan's reply regarding the pilot's outburst, but remained silent. It wasn't his job to correct the guy's tact, after all. It would be an exercise in futility regardless -- many pilots in the Alliance were jocks and hotshots. They took superiority complex to a whole other level. Then again, the same thing could be said for many Marines... Redfield shook his head, waiting patiently in line for his meal.

Matlock

Vincent watched the scene between the range master and the young Marine. The latter, for his part, handled it very well. The range master was simply doing his job. Seeing no need to intervene, Matlock approached Larkin and the others. "Don't all stop on my account."

Naomi's head picked up at the mention of the Sh'ra. "I speak Sh'ra." She'd announce. "I can translate?"

Tora continued running... they flocked to the Daedalian. Good. He could be left in peace. Humans were too loud anyway.

Alice/Destiny: The commander listens to the Pantheurian's explanation. She gives a nod.

"Renegades? In this area..." she comments, wondering on the possibility before Wu speaks out. Looking over to her she nods. "Sounds like a plan." she says adamantly before pointing to Destiny, the Pantheurian and Martyr.

"Officers, help her out if she needs it. I want to know everything about that ship sending the code and whose recieving it." she comments cooly as she grips her hand on the railing a little tighter. Destiny gives a light nod before sidestepping to allow the others to crowd around and figure out the message.

*Larkin: Larkin salutes as Vincent closes in.

"We haven't stopped on your account sir, just meeting up with an old friend." he says before motioning to Maharil. Larkin put back a large smile on again, before asking the naval officer what his preference was. He was mid question when he saw the large Daedalian enter again. His eyes noticeably track Solus as he makes his entrance.

• Like 1

Martyr immediately turned her book to the page that described the Sh'ra. She likely had already memorized the page, but it comforted her to turn to it. She tried to recall everything she had read as she quickly skimmed it, looking for things such as weapons, speed, size and maneuverability. Her mind started to formulate plans.

As Solus walked up to the range counter he Drew a large revolver from his holster. It was fairly old but had definitely had some work done in it. It had been modified to fit a man of his size. He didn't make any notable glance at Larkin as he entered but he set his gundiem and spoke while looking down range. "Problem pup?"

Larkin had an ear out to the conversation with Vincent. He watched curiously still as Solus took a place at the range, there were some odd cues that Larkin picked up about him and he was curious. Nonethless he did his best to show his commanding officer that he was paying attention to what he had to say. He was waiting for a response from Vincent when Solus spoke out loud. Larkin's right ear twitches a bit, though he has to process the statement before the 'pup' realized that his observations were noticeable. Larkin's eyes widen a bit at the realization, as if his he hadn't gotten himself in enough trouble already. He quickly tries to recover and faces Vincent, pretending that he didn't just get called out by the larger Daedalian.. Maybe if he acted ignorant, the larger daedalian would drop the questioning....

Matlock

Vincent raised his eyebrows to glance at the other Daedalian that had approached. He couldn't help but notice the tension between the two. Matlock recognized the larger one as another Master-At-Arms. Hoping to defuse the situation, he nodded to Solus. "Warrant Officer."

Bridge: Alice/Jansen: "Sh'ra renegades?" Jansen mused, "Haven't been any reports of any in the area. Although I read there was a cargo vessel that went missing." He said.

OOC: Bear with me as I try not to make this confusing, if you need me to edit this let me know:

Destiny/Naomi/Martyr: Naomi would recognize that the "code" was based on Sh'ra myths, each allussion to a myth was symbolic with a military command, the Sh'ra had also scrambled the signals into a coded sequence which was rather basic,any intel officer could crack the code and read the short little passage. From what Naomi could understand of Sh'ra culture it seemed to be describing a small force, perhaps a raid was underway?

The Pantheurian would flick her tail, "If my bearings are correct they are just outside this system and possibly on their way here.

Training Range: Anders: The man would be left alone as the range master walked away, if he looked around he'd see several people already shooting, most were doing quite well usually putting two to the chest and one to the head of the various holo targets.

Larkin/Solus/Matlock/Satheera/Maharil: Satheera, grunted "Yes we had something of an adventure on the way here." She stopped when she saw Larkin acting strangely around the other Daedalian. She kept to herself though only giving Solus a disapproving look with her large silver eyes before facing front.

Mess Hall: Redfield/Ace/Talon: Talon glared at the marine, "Excuse, me? I beleive you'll find I'm an officer, how about addressing me as such?" a few of the others in the mess hall shook their heads at this cocky and arrogant pilot who brandished his rank in front of everyone.

Flight Briefing Room: "Hmm, uh sure." Lilly said also stepping for the door.

Deardra started for the door he held it open when he saw Hellcat and Lilly starting to leave, "I'm headed for the mess hall myslef." He said trying to make conversation

Ships Hallways: 2nd deck (Outside the bridge) The marine kept his face stoic and his voice kept level "I recognize him, he's clear to proceed to the bridge, you aren't though unless he vouches for you." He said acknowledging Excalibur

1st deck: Hank was free to do as he wished at the moment he didn't have to report in for at least an hour.

Pastor would encounter no truble on his way back to the med bay, though he'd notice several interesting looking crewmen. Includding an apparent half Pantheurian holding the door to the pilots briefing room open.

Solus spoke flatly. "The names Solus. Your Vincent right?" He said as he looked Larkin in the eyes for a moment then back down the range.

"My apologies, sir." Lonergan replied in a tone laced with sarcasm. "I was just offering my humble opinion. I didn't mean to be insubordinate. By all means, complain if you wish. As for me, this food and conversations have appeased my appetite. If you will excuse me, I'll be heading to the shooting range, keep my skills sharp." Lonergan remarked as he stood up and deposited his tray orderly. He gave a slight nod to Wright on his way out. "Major." he said as a sort of farewell with an apologetic undertone for causing a scene.

The faux pas has...passed. Now was the time to get back to shooting. He consistently aimed for the head. Chest shots wasted ammo on armored targets. His past as an assassin may be visible in the way he shoots. Marines may not be known for brainpower, but looks can be deceiving. He still has to maintain cover. As soon as one notices his prowess, he would attempt to stop what he is doing and politely exit to the mess hall. Social stealth was important, more so than physical stealth.

Naomi frowned. "This sounds like... a small force has been dispatched. Maybe it's a raid or something?" She'd ask.

Alice/Destiny: Alice looks over to Jansen with a frown... that was news to her. She hears the pantheurians info and nods. Naomi's comments compound what they know. "Alright, Destiny, Martyr, see if there's any other ships in the area; either cargo or backup. Unless they're coming straight for us there has to be a good reason for that course of action." she says before pointing to the Pantheurian and Naomi. "See anything else we can learn from those messages." the Commander orders before seeing what the rest of the bridge could do. Destiny meanwhile nods before moving into a position to try and get anyone else on the horn.

“Hey ringtail, there anything in that book about preventing a sh'ra space raid at this stage?†she snarks at martyr before she tries to verify any assistance that might be in the area.

Larkin: The young Daedalian was simply quiet and at attention towards the two Master-at-arms. He didn't quite notice Satheera trying to cover, he did notice Solus give another glance and Larkin couldn't help but return one even if he already thought he'd pissed him off. He was going to pay for that later no doubt. Larkin was definitely a little intimidated now and it showed. What happens next...well that wasn't up to him so much.

Matlock

"Yes," Vincent nodded. "Lieutenant Matlock." With that, he turned back towards Larkin. "You were saying, PFC?"

Redfield

Jason raised his eyebrows at the pilot who had initiated the outburst. He had been ready to intercede on Lonergan's behalf when the Marine stood up and left of his own accord. The old NCO had tact -- that was for sure. Redfield was hoping the pilot would let the matter slide as he nodded to the departing Marine.

Solus began firing down range. Two in the chest or one in the head. He kept looking back at Larkin plainly. "I'm gonna call you Vincent if thats alright." He said between shots.

OOC: Looks like Excaliber is MIA.

"Whatever. If the Starfire doesn't get the piece of technology I know the location of, we could all get killed by Sh'ra. And then it's not just your life, but the lives of everyone on this ship. You prepared to live with that soldier?"

If his response was negative, Omega would wander the halls with nothing to do.

Strolling past the gym, Hank noticed the big, quiet Daedalian from the initial briefing leaving the gymnasium and heading off in the direction of the shooting range. He checked his digital watch, pushing back his shirt's cuff and squinting to make out the digits. "Got an hour to kill before I get to work," he muttered to himself, "Might as well make sure my shooting skills are up to par." Some people might find the concept of talking to one's self odd, but it helped Garrigan focus. Readjusting his sleeve, he trailed behind the Daedalian, en route to the gun range.

Upon arriving, he'd immediately head to the nearest empty booth and unclip his own customized blaster from its holster, set the target to long-distance and go to work on it. He didn't bother with any fancy trickshots-- aiming for the bulk of his target's mass always worked better, he'd found. After taking a few dozen shots and clearing several practice targets, he went and collected his results from the computer that'd been monitering his progress ((OOC: No idea if they actually have something like this, but it's the kind of thing I'd envision a futuristic shooting range having)). He'd missed a few shots, but hit plenty; in percentages, his result rounded off to eighty-six. "Not bad," he mumbled. He was glad to see that age hadn't crippled him too much.

Larkin: Larkin is quiet for the most part, casually glancing around and trying to not appear freaked out. He could feel Solus giving him looks still. When Vincent asked him to continue, he coughs a bit. "No, nothing it's just I was catching up with my friends here, hehe."Larkin comments nervously, motioning to Satheera and Maharil.

OOC: Sorry Everyone, a combination of International Baccalaureate, Finals week, and drama rehearsals had overwhelmed me for the past few weeks.

"Yes in fact I do know Captain Remington. And if I know Omega, what he has to tell the captain is very important, I assure you." Charles said, hoping to appease the guard. He knew of military structure, and that the guard hoped to rise through the ranks by flawlessly guarding the door, even at peacetime. He saw the look of ambition in his eyes, and thereby respected him, even though the guard was but a subordinate.

Curious, though his role wasn't pilot, Pastor would peek inside. Some small, part of him for some reason feeling entirely right with the whole thing, though he'd never flew a starship fighter in his life.

Bridge: Alice/Jansen/Naomi/Martyr/Destiny: The only other ships in the area were cargo vessels, probably transporting much needed supllies for the colony. And none of those sips were well armed just a few light weapons and they certainly didn;t have the shields or armour to be of much use in a space battle. The Starfire was the closest military vessel in the area untill their relief showed at that would still be a few hours.

Naomi would find one more passage that would be of interests it was another proverb detailing striking fast and retreating and letting the prey bleed to death, what this meant in regards to hitting the colony was up for interpretation.

"Ma'am I recommend we sound general quarters." Jansen, would say. "Get battle ready, before those Sh'ra show."

Training Range: Larkin would find himself at the armourer, "What will it be?" The armoury attendant asked. A vast array of weapons lay before him, ballistic weapons and blasters. All but the heaviest guns were there. The largest gun was a squad support weapon (Like a SAW but a blaster)

Satheera was confused by Larkin's odd behaviour she blinked her eyes rapidly her peoples way of frowning, but she turned to Vincet elaborating a bit more for Larkin, "Yes our shuttle was sabotaged by some local bandits when we stopped at Eden for refueling. There were a lot of them and they were organized, but we fought them off." She said proudly nudging Maharil.

Solus would find his shooting on par the holo target he'd selected sowed neat holes where his heavy rounds had pierced through.

Anders: None of the other marines or security personnel took much notice of his shooting except for a few who muttered something about showing off.

Hank: OOC: SOunds pretty close to what I was thinking: Hank may have taken notice of Anders going for nothing but headshots or the large Daedalian using an archaich styled slugthrower. A revolver to be exact. He'd also see most the younger personnel were practicing the failure drill Two to the chest one to the head.

Mess Hall: Talon muttered something as the NCO left but said nothing further on the matter Redifeld would find himself at the front of the line, "What ya having sir?" One of the cooks asked, his tone was very non chalant suggesting someone who was not at all pleased with his job.

Flight Briefing Room: "Deardra noticed Pastor, he found it odd someone from medical was poking around the flight briefing room, he flicked his tail with interest. He turned to the man, "May, I help you sir?" The half Pantheurian asked. He was still mindful of the two ladies behind him though.

Gymn: Tora, would be able to see a group of humans fighting with Pugil sticks one of them a rather muscular man seemed to be beating all challengers. "Yeah, there's just no challenge here." He bragged loudly, everyone in the gymn could hear him.

Ships Hallways: 2nd deck: "The marine nodded towards Charles and then looked at Omega, "Well if he vouches for you then that's perfectly fine. You are both clear to enter the bridge." The marine stood aside allowing the two to enter the bridge area which was rather crowded.

1st deck: Ace: The marine gunny would see something that might tick a nerve one of the new marine recruits was loitering in the hall, nothing bad about that. But he had his uniform completely unbuttoned and his shirt untucked as he shuffled down the hall. Very sloppy and unprofessional, he was already getting a few looks from other crewmen.

Redfield

Jason gestured towards the chicken fingers and replied that he'd like a bit of everything. The mess hall wasn't known for fine dining, but he was used to it by now. Eating was a chore, not a relief. He was simply having the meal to get his mind off things. It wouldn't be long before the Starfire would be in potentially hostile space.

Matlock

Vincent nodded as he listened to Satheera. "How long ago was this?" he asked.

"You. Marine. Come here." Lonergan ordered as he pointed at the half dressed recruit.

Omega would step onto the bridge with Charles, and begin to seek out who was in command of the ship.

Anders decided to conclude his shooting, satisfied that he was not hindered by the" training" at academy. His past was sufficient enough training for shooting, CQB, and blade work. He decides to return the weapon, clear himself out, and then use his time to head to the mess hall. Perhaps a cup of tea; or soup can stabilize his digestive system. His trek was to be relaxing, but not exactly a walk in the park. Though he attempted stealth in a social manner, he assumed that people are watching him. This wouod keep him on the straight and narrow outwardly. Once he arrives, he would ask for tea and/or soup once it is his turn.