Lois Lane: 5
Vampirella: 6

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Space Ghost vs. Pepe Le Pew

MATCH SCORE
Space Ghost: 7
Pepe Le Pew: 2

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Beatrix Kiddo (The Bride) vs. Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)

MATCH SCORE
Beatrix Kiddo (The Bride): 2
Hawkeye (Kate Bishop): 10

Cartoons, CGI, and Other Non-Anime Animation

How exactly? You still haven't responded to what I said earlier. Also, just because I don't know a certain character doesn't mean that I have no taste.

I never got into Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Zeta Project, Static Shock, or Batman Beyond.

That's pretty much the entire DCU animated. And Duck Amuck isn't a character, it's a full short based on Daffy Duck dealing with the artist in real-time until the zoom out to reveal it's been Bugs messing with him. It's arguably one of Loony Toons best shorts.

There's that, too. To be fair, though, there are some old Looney Tunes skits that probably have no business airing on TV today, such as those that heavily used racial stereotypes (i.e., Bugs Bunny spewed a lot of Japanese slurs in Nip the Nips; it was bascially made during World War II as propaganda against the Axis powers).

Part of it is also Turner's ownership of the Looney Tunes. This is why you only can catch them on Turner-owned Cartoon Network on certain times of the year.

Not what I meant entirely. I don't think those are even part of the DVD release, but I'm not 100% sure as I can't get my hands on them unless I want to drop about $35-50.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Futurama is where it's at.

I could argue that Young Justice and most DCAU shows were more mature than Family Guy.

Well shoot, I guess I'll start, anyone remember Titan A.E., it's not as bad a film as the receptions on Wikipedia say it was.

I love the DCAU and I like it's still continuing in comics. The fact the comics are still going means they must be doing well in sales. I don't know why DC just doesn't continue making shows in that universe and just update the look of the cartoons.

That's pretty much the entire DCU animated. And Duck Amuck isn't a character, it's a full short based on Daffy Duck dealing with the artist in real-time until the zoom out to reveal it's been Bugs messing with him. It's arguably one of Loony Toons best shorts.

Not necessarily. It's not that I don't know the entire storyline and have read the detailed plots on every episode. It's just I haven't actually 'watched' the episodes. I've watched lots of Looney Tunes but I never heard of this short.

Where did I say that I hated DCAU. The only part of that I've watched was JLU and Static Shock, both of which I've enjoyed immensely. I'm just saying that not liking the lighter shows like Brave and the Bold and Teen Titans is a matter of opinion. You just seem like the type that like their superheroes more serious and I understand that. Plus I can't argue about BTAS since I haven't watched an episode.

I was actually talking to Shockwave when I asked if he disliked the DCAU. I agree that it's a matter of opinion of whether to like lighter DC shows but it's more so for younger members and I hate the comedic nature. Yes, I do take it very seriously. BTAS seemed to have a 'comedic' nature and appealed to younger kids but it dealt with so much serious and deep issues that it grew a large fanbase of a much more mature audience.

Oh, and if you want to know about my favorite character from the DCU and Young Justice, you only need to look at my avatar.

Blue Beetle is a great character. I just didn't know if it was your 'favorite' because avatars don't necessarily represent favorites.

BTAS seemed to have a 'comedic' nature and appealed to younger kids but it dealt with so much serious and deep issues that it grew a large fanbase of a much more mature audience.

Were we watching the same show?

http://blip.tv/familiar-faces/familiar-faces-36-baby-doll-4108451

tell me how that's for kids.

Yes I saw that, but I ask how does it SEEM to be comedic?

When I first saw it, its character design was made to look kid-friendly and look like the essential concept of Looney Tunes and appeared to be silly and funny with Looney Tunes-like actions happening at first appearance. At first sight, it also seemed to not focus on anything deep. Seeming and being are completely different, Shockwave.

You do realize that the company that made Loony Toons also owns the DCU animated studios right? They tend to animate close to what they know and are able to mass produce.

I know the look of how to judge, look at my title. I look very clearly at all details.

I know the difference between seeming and being. That's why a very girlish show like MLP: FIM appears to be girlish but is still one of the better shows of today.

But serious stories can come from comedy. Watch later seasons of Teen Titans for some good examples on that topic.

Of course Batman is. Hell look at the Campy Batman Adam West show.

Now, off superheroes, can someone explain the appeal of Adventure Time? I'm all for silly and all, but I think I'm just missing the appeal.

Of course Batman is. Hell look at the Campy Batman Adam West show.

Now, off superheroes, can someone explain the appeal of Adventure Time? I'm all for silly and all, but I think I'm just missing the appeal.

My appeal is just what the heck happened to the world. Sure it's got talking dogs and living candy and stuff, but you can't just shake off some of the hints of a past world. Won't spoil things for you further than that. Plus, it's pretty hilarious.

You do realize that the company that made Loony Toons also owns the DCU animated studios right? They tend to animate close to what they know and are able to mass produce.

I know the look of how to judge, look at my title. I look very clearly at all details.

I know the difference between seeming and being. That's why a very girlish show like MLP: FIM appears to be girlish but is still one of the better shows of today.

But serious stories can come from comedy. Watch later seasons of Teen Titans for some good examples on that topic.

Duh. Who doesn't know that? It's not like I haven't watched Looney Toons myself. Just because I didn't know what "Duck Amuck" was doesn't mean I don't know Looney Tunes at all.

Obviously, they do animate closer to what they know. Anyways, I don't actually care about your analysis of yourself. I'm all for being able to analyze well but it has nothing to do with whether Batman: The Animated Series "seems" comedic.

I do agree, however, serious stories definitely can come from comedy. Batman:The Animated Series is not comedy, however. Neither is any of the other shows from DCAU. The Batman, Young Justice, and Green Lantern: The Animated Series, aren't either.

My appeal is just what the heck happened to the world. Sure it's got talking dogs and living candy and stuff, but you can't just shake off some of the hints of a past world. Won't spoil things for you further than that. Plus, it's pretty hilarious.

Do you mean the Apolitical past or Flynn's lost arm or the Fionna's dead theories?

Duck Amuck is a brilliantly subversive cartoon. I hadn't seen it in years and had forgotten the punch line.

Chuck Jones was a genius!!!

Though for funniest cartoon sketch, I think two more Jones cartoons: "What's Opera Doc?" and "Rabbit of Seville" give it a run for it's money. Family Guy can be extremely good, but is kind of uneven. I've never seen them pull off a virtuoso performance like Jones and Mel Blanc at their best.

\

Though for funniest cartoon sketch, I think two more Jones cartoons: "What's Opera Doc?" and "Rabbit of Seville" give it a run for it's money. Family Guy can be extremely good, but is kind of uneven. I've never seen them pull off a virtuoso performance like Jones and Mel Blanc at their best.

BUGS BUNNY MADE ME CRY! :(

Anybody remember the last time they saw alcohol addressed directly and by name in a non-prime time American animated show? This was probably the last time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYMYv1zsAxE

I actually think I remember this ep. Since this episode only aired once in the US over twenty years ago (specifically because of this short), many of you have probably never seen this.

Well that ends Young Justice. I felt that the ending was rushed and could have used a couple more episodes to clear some issues, but they gave what they could with the material.

With that, Scooby-Doo becomes the only cartoon I follow religiously.