Lois Lane: 5
Vampirella: 6

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Space Ghost vs. Pepe Le Pew

MATCH SCORE
Space Ghost: 7
Pepe Le Pew: 2

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Beatrix Kiddo (The Bride) vs. Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)

MATCH SCORE
Beatrix Kiddo (The Bride): 2
Hawkeye (Kate Bishop): 10

Cartoons, CGI, and Other Non-Anime Animation

You people?! YOU PEOPLE?! Just what are you getting at?! There was only one person that stated they didn't like Family Guy, anyways.

Hah, Anyways, if you people, asin all the people who don't feel like voicing their dislike of Family Guy.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Futurama is where it's at.

I could argue that Young Justice and most DCAU shows were more mature than Family Guy.

Well shoot, I guess I'll start, anyone remember Titan A.E., it's not as bad a film as the receptions on Wikipedia say it was.

Family Guy redefined "lowest common denominator." At one time the phrase simply meant "something the masses agree upon." Now it means "if that's what the masses like, I hope an meteor wipes out all life on Earth before it gets renewed for yet another season."

Also, Family Guy sucks.

Heh. Nice one. I disagree with what you've said though.

It's all in the matter of opinion. Some peole like their cartoons serious, others funny and yet others over-the-top. I give a show leverage in silly if it's designed to be silly, but I can only take so much of it. On the other hand, I can't take a medium seriously if it does all sorts of silly stuff *cough*Snow White and the Huntsman*cough*

Leverage wasn't meant to be silly. You know that, right? It's a great show that didn't deserve to be cancelled, by the way. I actually take a bit of animation based on comics quite seriously. I can't take animation like The Simpsons or Family Guy seriously. I've tried but it just gives me a headache.

Oh, right, my bad. Sorry. I just thought that hippocratic meant it had to deal with Hippocrates, the world's first doctor. Like the Hippocratic Oath and whatnot. Maybe you're looking for the word "hypocritical". Maybe I'm wrong.

Probably. I normally can't spell for crap some days and usually use my best judgement when I check my spelling.

Next, I'm not sure what you disagree with in my post. Are you saying that I have no taste because Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series weren't as good as I implied and said? Or are you saying I don't have any taste because I'm disappointed with the removal of those two great shows and the addition of a Teen Titans show, that focuses on their teenage lives like pranks rather than focusing on a good storyline, and a Batman show, that seems to focus on the tone of seriousness as Batman: The Brave and The Bold, and my disliking of that show? Also, in my opinion, you have taste, just very bad taste in animation. Having no taste at all is rather dull.

No. I'm saying that you have no taste because of what you said about the Animated DCU of the 90s and early 00s. And the fact that you like Family Guy. I personally avoided GLAS because I don't like CGI-animation for cartoons too often. Hell I'm going to avoid the new Batman series coming out for the same reason. Most of the cartoons that I watch today have "better" stories to tell.

Young Justice took me until it got cancelled to watch and even give a crap about, even WITH the addition of my favorite DC character and him being the focus.

Besides, your "great shows" are getting canned to bring back one of the original CN shows,also known as the number 1 show from them (anyone who disagrees with me tell me about the Samurai Jack or Foster's Home movies that were released in theaters).

Leverage wasn't meant to be silly. You know that, right? It's a great show that didn't deserve to be cancelled, by the way. I actually take a bit of animation based on comics quite seriously. I can't take animation like The Simpsons or Family Guy seriously. I've tried but it just gives me a headache.

I was talking about Batman:Brave and the Bold (which I liked given some of the episodes I've watched). But I also liked him in JL(U) and even the Batman (sadly I was born to late to remember TAS Batman). All of them are pretty different in terms of style, but I take what I liked based on how they are trying to dish out in a show. If Batman is supposed to be taken as a gun ride, than why not? He was like this during the Silver Age.

PS: No I haven't watched Leverage, which doesn't really belong in a discussion about Cartoons.

Before we miss this chance, let's celebrate the 60th anniversary of the release of possibly the funniest animated skit of all time, Duck Amuck!

No. I'm saying that you have no taste because of what you said about the Animated DCU of the 90s and early 00s. And the fact that you like Family Guy. I personally avoided GLAS because I don't like CGI-animation for cartoons too often. Hell I'm going to avoid the new Batman series coming out for the same reason. Most of the cartoons that I watch today have "better" stories to tell.

Young Justice took me until it got cancelled to watch and even give a crap about, even WITH the addition of my favorite DC character and him being the focus.

Besides, your "great shows" are getting canned to bring back one of the original CN shows,also known as the number 1 show from them (anyone who disagrees with me tell me about the Samurai Jack or Foster's Home movies that were released in theaters).

I'm not sure what you mean. I said "Of course, nothing can compare to the DC Animated Universe but I never got into Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Zeta Project, Static Shock, or Batman Beyond. I actually think that the worst DC Animated Universe series was the Zeta Project which got the least number of views and fans." It's not that I didn't want to get into those series. It's just that I never did, probably because all of those shows aired before I was born till I was a toddler. In fact, the only DCAU shows that I got into were Justice League and Justice League Unlimited which aired when I still was around four till seven. Or is it that you think DCAU was terrible? DCAU was a great universe that was amazing that ran with several shows. I think it was pretty awesome and that most people would agree with me. I think that Family Guy is a great show too which is made for humor. I usually don't like computer animation but GLAS did very well for it.

Young Justice was definitely a great show and I enjoyed it a lot. Who is your favorite character, by the way? Are you talking about Young Justice and GLAS, asin my "great shows?" Which show are you talking about? (Teen Titans?)

Bah, enough of this other discussion! More discussion on Duck Amuck's 60th! :D

I was talking about Batman:Brave and the Bold (which I liked given some of the episodes I've watched). But I also liked him in JL(U) and even the Batman (sadly I was born to late to remember TAS Batman). All of them are pretty different in terms of style, but I take what I liked based on how they are trying to dish out in a show. If Batman is supposed to be taken as a gun ride, than why not? He was like this during the Silver Age.

PS: No I haven't watched Leverage, which doesn't really belong in a discussion about Cartoons.

I don't like Batman: The Brave and the Bold as I've mentioned before. Why are we using one of the greatest characters in all of comics as a joke who's a non-serious bloke that relies on others? I also enjoyed The Batman (essentially anime) and JL(U). I didn't like this new Batman because it just makes him chaotic. .

In all due respect, I don't know who Duck Amuck is.

You don't know about Duck Amuck? Ack, the kids today are missing out. Quite frankly, I blame the fact that Warner Bros. has become a good deal stingier about who gets the rights to air classic Looney Tunes skits and when in recent years.

Anyways, Duck Amuck is an old Looney Tunes clip, possibly the best ever. It stars Daffy Duck. Check about seven posts up for a YouTube vid on the skit.

I'm not sure what you mean. I said "Of course, nothing can compare to the DC Animated Universe but I never got into Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Zeta Project, Static Shock, or Batman Beyond. I actually think that the worst DC Animated Universe series was the Zeta Project which got the least number of views and fans." It's not that I didn't want to get into those series. It's just that I never did, probably because all of those shows aired before I was born till I was a toddler. In fact, the only DCAU shows that I got into were Justice League and Justice League Unlimited which aired when I still was around four till seven. Or is it that you think DCAU was terrible? DCAU was a great universe that was amazing that ran with several shows. I think it was pretty awesome and that most people would agree with me. I think that Family Guy is a great show too which is made for humor. I usually don't like computer animation but GLAS did very well for it.

Young Justice was definitely a great show and I enjoyed it a lot. Who is your favorite character, by the way? Are you talking about Young Justice and GLAS, asin my "great shows?" Which show are you talking about? (Teen Titans?)

So you mean to say that you're like 15 and talking about how anyone who doesn't like Family Guy is an idiot?

You don't know about Duck Amuck? Ack, the kids today are missing out. Quite frankly, I blame the fact that Warner Bros. has become a good deal stingier about who gets the rights to air classic Looney Tunes skits and when in recent years.

Anyways, Duck Amuck is an old Looney Tunes clip, possibly the best ever. It stars Daffy Duck. Check about seven posts up for a YouTube vid on the skit.

Heh. I remember Looney Tunes.

In all due respect, I don't know who Duck Amuck is.

dSee that hole, you're digging it deeper every second.

Try blaming the Over-protective parents society of America (or the OPPSA as I call them). They won't let kids see the best stuff due to the racial stuff back in the day that was the norm.

So you mean to say that you're like 15 and talking about how anyone who doesn't like Family Guy is an idiot?

I didn't say that, man. I just think that anyone who doesn't like Family Guy is missing out lots of humor.

dSee that hole, you're digging it deeper every second.

How exactly? You still haven't responded to what I said earlier. Also, just because I don't know a certain character doesn't mean that I have no taste.

Try blaming the Over-protective parents society of America (or the OPPSA as I call them). They won't let kids see the best stuff due to the racial stuff back in the day that was the norm.

There's that, too. To be fair, though, there are some old Looney Tunes skits that probably have no business airing on TV today, such as those that heavily used racial stereotypes (i.e., Bugs Bunny spewed a lot of Japanese slurs in Nip the Nips; it was bascially made during World War II as propaganda against the Axis powers).

Part of it is also Turner's ownership of the Looney Tunes. This is why you only can catch them on Turner-owned Cartoon Network on certain times of the year.

Where did I say that I hated DCAU. The only part of that I've watched was JLU and Static Shock, both of which I've enjoyed immensely. I'm just saying that not liking the lighter shows like Brave and the Bold and Teen Titans is a matter of opinion. You just seem like the type that like their superheroes more serious and I understand that. Plus I can't argue about BTAS since I haven't watched an episode.

Bah, enough of this other discussion! More discussion on Duck Amuck's 60th! xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.yJVH25T4ne.png

I... agree with your statement. Excellent skit.