Lois Lane: 5
Vampirella: 6

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Space Ghost vs. Pepe Le Pew

MATCH SCORE
Space Ghost: 7
Pepe Le Pew: 2

By UMPIRE

10:10 - Beatrix Kiddo (The Bride) vs. Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)

MATCH SCORE
Beatrix Kiddo (The Bride): 2
Hawkeye (Kate Bishop): 10

Cartoons, CGI, and Other Non-Anime Animation

Taking a page from Magnus's book, here's a subject that, at least I think, is long overdue for pinning in Fan Discussion. Here's a central place where you can discuss subjects on your favorite animated series and films.

How disappointed are you that The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is ending its run after only its second season? How's about Wreck-In-Ralph? Are there still any Bronies in our midst? Feel free to discuss it all here.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Futurama is where it's at.

I could argue that Young Justice and most DCAU shows were more mature than Family Guy.

Well shoot, I guess I'll start, anyone remember Titan A.E., it's not as bad a film as the receptions on Wikipedia say it was.

Venture Brothers, WHY?! South Park can turn an episode around in seven days, I haven't had new episodes in like a year Two years! One Halloween special and a stupid music video don't count. WTF?

Same for Young Justice, but that show is getting progressively more confusing as it goes on, so if it goes, it goes

Anybody else's web security blocking EF's homepage right now? :huh:

Anyways, yeah, it's indeed a shame about A: EMH. People were starting to call it Marvel's answer to the DCAU. I wouldn't quite go that far myself, though from what I've seen of the show (I've only seen a good chunk of the first season so far), A: EMH is likely one of the top five Marvel 'toon shows of all time.

From what I heard, A: EMH is essentially getting replaced by an Avengers 'toon that's more in the vein of the Marvel Movieverse and is canon with the new Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

Anybody else's web security blocking EF's homepage right now? :huh:

It would seem so. Check out the newest topic in the Bug Forum.

Also, EMH was pretty good. Nowhere near as good as anything from the DCAU (plus it didn't tie in with any other Marvel shows, so it's not really a shared universe type thing like the DCAU was), but still good. It's a shame it got axed. If Marvel really wanted something that better reflected the movies, they could've just revamped it.

Also, I really, really don't like the new Spider-Man show. Spectacular Spider-Man was great, I can't believe they replaced it with this childish rubbish.

What about Starship Troopers: Roughneck Chronicles? Anyone else ever saw that show?

Marvel needs to stop canceling their cartoon shows so quickly. If they had more faith in them and left them the way they were when they showed some success they would be a huge success like DCAU which is still making DC Comics money. Not everything needs to reflect the movies.

I'm still sticking with Spawn as the best animated cartoon series that I've ever seen.

It's annoying how Marvel is trying to get everything to coincide with the movie universe.

Spawn was awesome. I own one of the dvds to that cartoon. The problem with Spawn I think was the network it was on. It should have been on a cartoon network or WB where it would have had more success.

It should have been on a cartoon network or WB where it would have had more success.

Have you ever even watched the show? Do you honestly think Warner Brothers or freaking Cartoon Network could have aired that show?

Stupid postponing of Dc on Cartoon Network...*grumble grumble*

So true, among other things.

Between Cartoon Network's frequent postponements of and apparent aversion to airing reruns of most action cartoons, it's been virtually impossible to catch any episodes of those 'toons on CN if you didn't watch them first-run. This is how I've missed good chunks of JLU, He-Man, TMNT, and Young Justice in the past decade.

LOL I told you I have the DVD. If it had been toned down a bit Cartoon Network could have put it on at night times. WB I agree probably not.

If they had toned it down, it wouldn't have been nearly as good.

Yeah I don't get Cartoon Network with the action cartoons like Young Justice. They always get great ratings and Cartoon Network doesn't even air reruns on top of the postponements when they happen.

The series finale of A: EMH airs in the morning in the U.S. :(

There's always youtube for stuff you missed. Thats how I got all of Young Justice

Heh, would you believe I'm already YouTubing several cartoon shows to play catch-up as it is? More rerun availability on TV would've made things a good deal easier over the years.

To answer one of the questions in the OP: Wreck-It Ralph was very, very good, imho. One of the best kid's movies I've ever seen (though since the word "guttersnipe" is used, I'm not sure how much of a "kid's movie" it actually is).

But ah, yeah. Good movie.