Q-Rex: 1
Dragonzord: 3

By UMPIRE

Leifang vs. Asuka Kazama

MATCH SCORE
Leifang: 2
Asuka Kazama: 3

By UMPIRE

Cad Bane vs. Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch)

MATCH SCORE
Cad Bane: 3
Clone Force 99 (The Bad Batch): 1

By UMPIRE

Blue Mary vs. Cassandra Alexander

MATCH SCORE
Blue Mary: 0
Cassandra Alexander: 5

By UMPIRE

Tracer (Overwatch) vs. Chell (Portal)

MATCH SCORE
Tracer (Overwatch): 5
Chell (Portal): 1

By UMPIRE

Sailor Scouts vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Sailor Scouts: 6
Cybermen (Mondasian): 0

By UMPIRE

Kilik vs. Ash Crimson

MATCH SCORE
Kilik: 1
Ash Crimson: 2

By UMPIRE

Tasha Yar vs. Al Capone

MATCH SCORE
Tasha Yar: 5
Al Capone: 1

By UMPIRE

Kasumi vs. Kazumi Mishima

MATCH SCORE
Kasumi: 5
Kazumi Mishima: 2

By UMPIRE

Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Jhun Hoon

MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 7
Jhun Hoon: 0

By UMPIRE

9:10 - Ozymandias (Watchmen) vs. Lisbeth Salander

MATCH SCORE
Ozymandias (Watchmen): 8
Lisbeth Salander: 0

By UMPIRE

9:10 - Zombies (World War Z) vs. Ewoks

MATCH SCORE
Zombies (World War Z): 7
Ewoks: 4

The Walking Dead Topic

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

T-Dog had to die because they were bringing in another black guy. What, they were going to have TWO black guys in the group? Not likely. Why do you think Jacqui blew herself up?   Once Michone join

In regards to the show...

First season was pretty good, got me interested. Second season really, really sucked in my opinion. It felt like it just kind of dragged along with no direction, nothing to keep me hooked. Season three seems to be a substantial improvement so far.

*SPOILERS*

Although the contemptuous ease with which the Governor dispatched those Soldiers made me rage. Not believable in the least, and I'm a stickler for things like that.

*SPOILERS*

Although the contemptuous ease with which the Governor dispatched those Soldiers made me rage. Not believable in the least, and I'm a stickler for things like that.

Why not? He caught them off guard and had them surrounded. Besides they were only weekend warriors.

Why not? He caught them off guard and had them surrounded. Besides they were only weekend warriors.

Doesn't matter. They weren't completely encircled; the guys more or less fired at them from one section of the treeline. In addition, from what I remember, they were armed with two hunting rifles, an assault rifle, and one guy had a compact SMG. The latter would have been next to useless in that situation and at that range.

The Soldiers had solid cover and concealment in addition to vastly superior weapons. And they all were incapacitated in seconds by perfect shots, which would never happen in real life.

As for the weekend warriors thing, we don't know for sure if they were all National Guardsmen. I got the sense that they may have been a ragtag assortment of Soldiers from multiple units. Besides, even if they were NG, that doesn't mean as much as you may think. Guardsmen get the same job training as active duty guys, they just don't drill as often. Many are former active duty and pretty much every Guard unit in the military has been deployed to combat recently.

I realize the scene had to happen to advance the plot, but it still really annoys me that it took them this long to really introduce the military and they're unceremoniously killed off just as soon like they're a bunch of drunken morons armed with pop guns.

Doesn't matter. They weren't completely encircled; the guys more or less fired at them from one section of the treeline. In addition, from what I remember, they were armed with two hunting rifles, an assault rifle, and one guy had a compact SMG. The latter would have been next to useless in that situation and at that range.

The Soldiers had solid cover and concealment in addition to vastly superior weapons. And they all were incapacitated in seconds by perfect shots, which would never happen in real life.

As for the weekend warriors thing, we don't know for sure if they were all National Guardsmen. I got the sense that they may have been a ragtag assortment of Soldiers from multiple units. Besides, even if they were NG, that doesn't mean as much as you may think. Guardsmen get the same job training as active duty guys, they just don't drill as often. Many are former active duty and pretty much every Guard unit in the military has been deployed to combat recently.

I realize the scene had to happen to advance the plot, but it still really annoys me that it took them this long to really introduce the military and they're unceremoniously killed off just as soon like they're a bunch of drunken morons armed with pop guns.

Yeah I get what you are saying. At the same time though, the Governor's men practice(as do Rick's group), that is why they are so accurate.

The pilot said they were National Guard. If my memory isn't off.

Well Jason, just be glad you don't read the comics. The army isn't in there at all. Except for Abraham and he dies.

I did read the comics. The first three, anyway.

Yeah I get what you are saying. At the same time though, the Governor's men practice(as do Rick's group), that is why they are so accurate.

The pilot said they were National Guard. If my memory isn't off.

Regardless of any amount of practice, there's almost no way, realistically, to achieve the level of accuracy they did and take out a military force with such impunity. Besides, they can't practice that much for fear of running low on ammunition.

Oh, he certainly did. I was just pointing out that it doesn't mean all of them were NG. The pilot was, no doubt some of the men with him were. But he talked about a camp full of military and civilians and basically the dozen or so of them were the ones that managed to escape. It's entirely possible regular Army guys were thrown into the mix.

Again, I understand why it had to happen and that suspension of disbelief is required... but it's just a pet peeve of mine. I also despise the use of Red Shirts.

Well, it is possible. Then again... Carl is a beast in the comic. That Carl, I don't think, would have any problem putting one in her brain. As for not showing certain things onscreen, I don't know if it's to keep the viewer guessing, or maybe to keep that TV14 rating. Usually, zombie flicks are rated R, so I'm surprised they didn't push this to a TV-MA series. I think it's part of the reason why certain elements have been removed, up to this point.

While the new season is very good, no high stakes fights, in a zombie ring? No undead family for the Governor? The verdict's still out on what he does to Michonne, but I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't there either.

It just seems to me like the show has been fairly mellow, when compared to the comic.

Heh. Exactly. I doubt she'll mutilate him, either. Which is gonna suck. What? He's just going to attack, because he wants the prison? No personal vendetta? And damn... the implications of Lori's death could be worse than I thought. Who the hell is he going to kill? Lori's gone. Tyreese isn't in the show. Who can he kill, that will make the audience hate him? ...OH NO!!! DARYL!!! Get the hell outta there!

Also, GLENN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*ck you, Kirkman! F*CK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:'(

I just got around to watching the latest Walking Dead. It was okay. T-Dog's death was simply terrible, it's clear to me that the writers haven't given a shit about him in a loooooooooong time. Even the rest of the group were just like "meh, whatever" when they found his corpse, lol. Lori's wasn't much better-- there was at least some emotion in it, but it was utterly predictable.

I like the two prisoners, though. I'm surprised they didn't just have Oscar be the TV show's Tyrese, they seem pretty similar personality-wise, plus I could see that actor playing him. Maybe they're planning on introducing Tyrese in a different way, though. I hope so.

I didn't care at all about Lori's death, to be honest. T-Dog's death kinda pissed me off, but I guess it was the only reasonable culmination of a character they've been stringing along blindly and meaninglessly for the past two and a half seasons.

The reason Lori dying was fine with me is because she, like all of the women in the show, is a very boring and unlikeable character. I know some characters exist to be disliked by the viewers -- that's necessary. But Walking Dead, especially in the last two seasons, made the women useless, flat, predictable... not quite a sexist portrayal, but off-putting for me, at least.

It's especially confounding when you consider that the Andrea of the comics was an utter badass. She was everything you could ask for in an awesome, action girl character, but managed that without being predictable and boring. The TV Andrea? Nothing of the sort. Even the writers' attempt to make her into an action hero last season felt very bleh... and it seems to have been cast aside rather quickly.

/rant

Heh. Also, was it me or was Rick's reaction to Lori's death hilarious? Maybe I'm just a demented bastard, but I cracked up at his facial expression and the way he was crying.

It may have possibly been a bit of overacting. I didn't find it funny, you demented bastard :P, but I didn't feel like it was real.

It's especially confounding when you consider that the Andrea of the comics was an utter badass. She was everything you could ask for in an awesome, action girl character, but managed that without being predictable and boring. The TV Andrea? Nothing of the sort. Even the writers' attempt to make her into an action hero last season felt very bleh... and it seems to have been cast aside rather quickly.

I think they basically are useless, except for the one you mention. Well, her and Michonne. The rest of the women don't really do.. anything. <That's a very bad way to put that, since they're always shacking up, in that series. :blush:

T-Dog had to die because they were bringing in another black guy. What, they were going to have TWO black guys in the group? Not likely. Why do you think Jacqui blew herself up?

Once Michone joins the main group, the new black guy will be killed. Glenn is killing every asian survivor off-screen because he's SMART.

• Like 2