MANLY.

Hehe.

MANLY.

Hehe.

It's okay Nova you can keep your Ken dolls, we won't judge. :P

• Like 2

Why you little...

^Heh, walked right into that one. :D

on the subject of Test Character Zero. I don't think it should be removed due to the fact that some characters can't be added into the Database. At least that's what I gather from the "If It's not on Wikipedia, we don't want it" statement.

Sure some characters have been added with just a List of characters page but then again some series don't have a list of char page on Wikipedia, just the Series wiki.

Since I started this fight, I guess I should throw my worthless two cents in. The problem with usused characters isn't that they are stupid or nobody knows them. The problem is that there aren't enough people writing matches. That's nobody's fault it's just not a lot of members put up matches.

I've put in a ton of characters and have used many of them. A good handful have been used by other members more than once and I've never used those characters yet.

To quote my own self in another argument about this, the database needs to be fresh and exciting with new additions. As soon as we stop growing that database we'll be back to Superman vs. Goku everyweek (not that we don't already enjoy that fight every week).

I swear I thought this said undead character submissions.

Personally I think we just need another unused character tournament.

on the subject of Test Character Zero. I don't think it should be removed due to the fact that some characters can't be added into the Database. At least that's what I gather from the "If It's not on Wikipedia, we don't want it" statement.

Sure some characters have been added with just a List of characters page but then again some series don't have a list of char page on Wikipedia, just the Series wiki.

Pretty sure AVP was joking...

Um no that's not true. When the database was closed for a long time, we had much more than Supes vs Goku.

Hmm... Nova, we haven't had a Mass Deny Fest for 2012 yet....

What do you think?

I think you should do it.

I think you should do it.

I'm considering doing so. But wouldn't it be needlessly cruel?

Needless, no. Cruel, maybe.

Upon looking at the recent additions I've come to the conclusion that things are getting out of hand.

Whoever is submitting these characters, I don’t think people will use them in matches.

To be fair, as far as adding unused characters, some of you reviewers are guilty of this to some extent as well.

Let's not forget, character and image submissions aren't nearly as busy now as they were at their peak two years ago. In those days, there would regularly be around three to five page of new character adds. The "new image added" pages may seem as busy as ever, but keep in mind that due to a bug, images now take months to purge from those pages instead of a week, as the new characters do. The excitement of newly being able to add new characters and images was the main cause of those massive backlogs. The fact that some multi-accounters even used all their alts to make submissions exacerbated the problem even further. But now, the multis that were most likely guilty of mass adding have been dealt with, and interest in adding has, to an extent, plateaued.

I agree with Nova, though, to the extent that more people need to start actually using these characters in matches. At the risk of invoking Ivan, heh, too many users here are in the "comic battle" mentality, or just want to make the same oft-(over)discussed matchups ad nauseum. Many may forget that there are many other characters here in every medium, including in the comics section, that have never been used. Off the top of my head, I can still think of several characters that were added (not including any of mine) when I first came to EF that still have yet to be in a match.

The point is to see who could beat who, not have Superman punch Goku's damn head in over 9,000 times.

The point is to see who could beat who, not have Superman punch Goku's damn head in over 9,000 times.

Heh DBZ, reference within a real life reference. In my sincerest honesty, I agree Nova here. However, I'm hesitant to say that mass deletion or locking additions altogether is the answer. Thus we are lead to the epitome of our dilemma, and that is what do we do?

Or rather where do we go from here?

That's the million dollar question, isn't it?

Mass deny everything, earning the ire of quite a few people? Lock it up, earning the ire of the same people? Keep things like it is, keep adding characters to give people more options for fights only for them to never stray from the regular battles, earnin the ire of reviewers who could be doing something more important with their time?

*shrugs* What can you do? Every choice annoys someone.

Reviewed a lot of images today.