Jump to content

Shrek and Vin vs. General M.Bison

Match 14713 by SSJRuss
in progress now...

Naughty Bear vs. Tom Nook

Match 14712 by IKA
in progress now...

Hero Of Oakvale vs. Dovahkiin

Match 14711 by IKA
in progress now...

Arthur Morgan vs. Doc Holliday

Match 14710 by The Boob Tube
in progress now...

Ellie vs. Clementine

Match 14709 by The Boob Tube
in progress now...

Ellie vs. Clementine

MATCH SCORE
Ellie: 7
Clementine: 5

Hero Of Oakvale vs. Dovahkiin

MATCH SCORE
Hero Of Oakvale: 4
Dovahkiin: 7

Arthur Morgan vs. Doc Holliday

MATCH SCORE
Arthur Morgan: 10
Doc Holliday: 1

The Silver Surfer vs. Bills

MATCH SCORE
The Silver Surfer: 3
Bills: 4

Sherlock Holmes vs. The Question

MATCH SCORE
Sherlock Holmes: 5
The Question: 1

kainboa

The world of Iothamani, The world of Dragons

Recommended Posts

As we begin, you find yourself in the city of Tyrak'n on the island of Irindol, formerly known as Keth.

 

You have been here for a couple of months, due to the complete destruction of your ship when arriving at the island, and your quest to gather enough resources to be able to get a new ship commissioned, and buy passage to a larger port, where your new ship can actually be built, as such you are relatively familiar with the city and the immediate surrounding area.

 

Recently there has been some trouble on the island, due to the former overlord Keth being overthrown by the new one, Irindol, the Copper dragon.

 

The town is undergoing repairs from the battle and there has been sightings of various monsters in the jungle, that weren't there prior to the battle.

 

What will the future bring, for your intrepid band of adventurers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talon finished eating breakfast in record time. Neverthless he remained in the(mostly) untouched room on the floor neary with his back to a wall, not batting an eye at the town's restortation as he sharpened one of his blades. Not one for talking much, he watched his companions eat through his masks' lenses as he gave his usual air of mystery most of the team had probably gotten bored with by now. By this point he had most of his equipment and armor on now, for reasons he has yet to really share the man tended to keep it on for the most part. Regardless it was far froma new sight as he mumbled to himself to pass the time. On his shoulder was his trusty owl Artemis. She was huddled up in her own fur as she napped, one of the few times she was practically docile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Claw TigerSpawn headed towards the nearest place with alcaholic drinks. What better way to start a mornin than to drink as much as possible. He would of course check quickly to see if he could steal some, since payin was annoying, money was still a new concept for im. Either way after drinks he started asking around, wanting to know more about the monsters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krawl was busy helping the townsfolk with the construction. She picks up the wall to be and keeps it level, she motions the workers to do their job. As they do, she sighs, thinking how long was it going to take to get back up on their feet. She then watches the others, they were eating, but, not really doing anything productive. Especially the mysterious man with the owl. Krawl scowls, remembering how the first time they meet was when the avian thought of her as a waste basket. Bored, she calls out to him.

 

"Hey, Talon. Would you mind helping here?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talon quietly watched as 'Claw' walked out the door, turning his whole head to keep up much like an actual owl. He gave a light scoff, wondering what kind of trouble he was going to put himself in. He certainly hoped it wasn't something that needed him getting involved in...again. As Krawl hollered from outside, he gives a slight glance over to her before sitting up all the while not disturbing Artemis. Looking through the building's window he tilted his head to the side in awe before curiously asking what she needed help with, albeit not in so many words.

 

"Hmm?" he grunts loud enough for her to hear and nothing more as he awaits a reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krawl just glares at him. He was lucky she was holding up the wall, and was empathetic to the plight of the people to just let go and rush his scrawny behind. Though the imagery was pretty funny to her, she chuckles before sighing once more. She speaks up, sounding kinda mift.

 

"You know...You can be doing something to help, instead of just sitting around doing nothing, why don't you go see what Claw is getting himself into?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roderick had just finished breakfast, when the minor altercation between Talon and Krawl started.

 

"Perhaps It would be best if both of us went after Claw, making sure he doesn't end up in trouble is a full time job for a single person, and it will give me an opportunity to see if there are anybody in the city that needs my healing aid."

 

He gestured at Talon as he got up slowly.

 

"Come along young one, perhaps we'll run across the mayor while looking for Claw, I'm sure we can convince him that somebody should investigate the monster sightings, to ensure the safety of the town."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talon glanced over to Roderick as he broke up what could've been an akward argument. Despite not taking well to being called young one he gives a light shrug at his suggestion, figuring it was better than anything he could've thought to kill time. He sheathes his blade and tucks away his sharpener before getting ready to follow.

 

"Right." he says in response to msot everything he had said up to that point before following. persoanlly he didn't expect their offer to get picked up, especially after seeing how these dealings work firsthand. Then again, where he came from most problems could be swept under the rug like that so he didn't have any real expectations...not that this would influence his team due to him not being one to voice his opinion. Neverthless he would head towards the door and hold it open for the old man and seeing if Krawl wished to join in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krawl then saw the old man stand up to talk to talon. They are apparently going with her suggestion, without her. She was going to say something, when she started feeling an annoying poke on her leg. "What!?" She turns and looks down. She sees one of the workers, he tells her that they finished. She nods, and sees them off. She lets go of the wall, and begins to walk around the corner to meet with the others.

 

"Hey, don't forget about me. Who else do you got that can take all the blows from the front." She says loud enough for them to hear through the wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While Krawl and the two others were making their way through town, Claw got the first beer of the day, rumours were the same as usual, monsters appearing in the forests and then retreating back in once they were detected, the monster changed from time to time.

 

Sometimes it was an Orc, sometimes it was a Goblin, and sometimes it was something entirely different.

 

As Claw were finishing up his second or third beer, who was keeping track anyway, the trio caught up with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talon brought up the front as they arrived where claw was. Taking a step forward he quickly puts his hand on the small man's shoulder.

 

"You done? You pay?" he asks in quick succession, simply to get it out of the way before he started looking around in the most blatant manner possible. He knew the rumors well enough, but he was more curious how the usuals at the establishment were taking it. He looked for key emotions, any secret talk, or flat out anything that would imply that the problem was more out of hand than it already was at least in the citizens eyes. he did kkeep an ear out if Claw wanted to be a smartasss in response though, if only due to past situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Aye lad, listen. I've got me a theory about the local rumors. I trust ya have realized the monster tends to change... maybe it's not tha story changin. A change shapin monster, or perhaps one with illusions." Claw said. "And what are ye all doin here anyways?" he asks, questioningly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krawl raised a stony eyebrow at the theories, quite impressed to say the least. "Good theory, Claw. Wanna go test it? It is why were here, ain't it?" Asking the entire group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roderick nodded then gestured towards the door.

 

"Indeed, perhaps we should make our way to the wilderness to investigate, I'm sure that what ever it is out there, either has something valuable, or the body will bring us some bounty from the villagers once we bring it back."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Assuming its what they wish." Talon chides, still figuring that if noone has come back with it yetm then they clearly wish to ignore problem. neverrthless he looked at his companions. By this point Artemis was awake and she peepled open her eyes. He shrugged, wondering where and when they should start. He was at home in the jungle, but was aware enough to be wary when another being dwelled there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Perhaps we should ask a local blacksmith for reccomendations on how to fight such creatures, I'd find it difficult to believe it is not a shapeshifter. The only other explanation would be that the town has something hidden there they do not want us to find, and we will realize which is correct soon enough shall we not?" Claw asks, he whispers the last part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"or perhaps there are multiple creatures out there" Roderick dryly interjected while following Krawl.

 

"in any case, I doubt that the villagers know more about the creatures, since from what they've said, they haven't encountered them before."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talon growls a bit as they argue details. Stroking Artemis, he turns to exit the building.

 

"Let's go then" Talon says simply, exiting the room. Time to visit the beast's den, so to speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The group made their way out of the village headed for the forest.

 

It was a two mile walk to the edge of the forest, so they had plenty of time to plan what was supposed to go down, if it came to a fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The masked one of the group went over battle plans. If it was different monsters with a mastermind at the head finding and eliminating him seemed the best strategy to him. Thoughif it was truly a shapeshifter as his drunk friend suggested he would suggest quickly surrounding and killing it swiftly. Of course Talon made no attempt to share his plans with his allies, preferring to keep thoughts to himself, granted this was nothing new and he figured the situation would work itself out. He led the way, keeping Artemis perched on his arm if a scout was needed and his other arm on the blade handle if he needed defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We aren't particularly prepared are we? what if we run into some skeletons, or worse yet, an actual shapeshifter..." He mutters as he follows his team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roderick chuckled for a bit before replying to the mutters of Claw.

 

"Skeletons wouldn't be a problem, the power of the gods would make easily remove the undead from our path, however a shape-shifter could be a problem, any suggestions for a plan of action?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krawl waved away some birds that decided to rest on her. At first she thought it was cute, until the flock decided to peck her stony skull. She grumbles, noticing one of the flying bastards relieved himself on her. She wipes it off, half-listing to the others, half-cursing to herself. She hears that they don't really have a battle plan, which really kinda ticked her off.

 

"We beat IT to death, just like the others." She says simply, flicking the bird poo towards Talon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talon didn't so much as break stride as Krawl began flicking excriments onto him. He sorta felt the impact of some of it, though since it didn't hit Artemis he didn't really comment on it; not so much as turning his head to face her afterwards. Instead he thinks on her words before replying.

 

"Good fallback plan." he proclaims as he draws one of his three blades. he twirls the thing to pass the time before giving a pitched whistle to Artemis. Now wide awake, she used her big eyes to keep a full radial eye out for anything that wanted to ambush them. "Though let's hope we can be smarter this time." he notes before finally glancing around to see if his allies were ready to do battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...