The Hulk: 2

Scandal Savage vs. X-23

MATCH SCORE
Scandal Savage: 0
X-23: 14

Sign in to follow this  
treacherous

Your Country in Pictures

If you have never seen Blackadder, then you must immediate go find whoever has been in charge of your cultural upbringing, and punch the person(s), hard.

Right, because one person's cultural upbringing is equal to someone else's, especially when that someone else lives on another continent. I haven't heard of any of those shows, and I doubt anyone I know has either.

Season 3 and 4 of Blackadder are English humor at their unparalleled best.

It isn't a question of anything cultural, but you've deprived yourself of some of the finest examples of intelligent humor if you haven't seen some of these shows.

For example, imagine a Brit who had never heard of Arrested Development. Wouldn't you say he was missing out big time?

Right, because one person's cultural upbringing is equal to someone else's, especially when that someone else lives on another continent. I haven't heard of any of those shows, and I doubt anyone I know has either.

To be honest and I joke about this alot, America is extremely disconnected with the rest of the world (yet we act as if we are the center piece of the world). And in some sense, due to the amount of exported crud we shove out of America, I can see how we feel that way. But the truth of the matter is, The world sees us a lot more than we see them, which as I've gathered over the years is a grevious shame. Expand your world knowledge and be better for it.

We're on the Internet, the world is at our fingertips.

I was responding more to the "punch whoever's responsible for your cultural upbringing" part rather than the "go watch Blackadder" part. I have no problem with watching Blackadder. Hell, I might even get some of it tonight while I'm fooling around on the internet.