By UMPIRE

Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Hawkeye (Kate Bishop): 5
Cybermen (Mondasian): 2

By UMPIRE

Space Power Rangers vs. Stormtroopers vs. The Alien

MATCH SCORE
Space Power Rangers: 4
Stormtroopers: 0
The Alien: 1

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Alexandra Amberson vs. Danger Room

MATCH SCORE
Alexandra Amberson: 4
Danger Room: 9

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Calender Man vs. Rainbow Archer

MATCH SCORE
Calender Man: 6
Rainbow Archer: 4

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Burger King vs. Flo (Progressive)

MATCH SCORE
The Burger King: 6
Flo (Progressive): 9

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Artemis vs. Odin

MATCH SCORE
Artemis: 5
Odin: 8

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Battle Droids vs. Clonetroopers

MATCH SCORE
Battle Droids: 0
Clonetroopers: 14

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Tallahassee (Zombie Land) vs. The Town of Silent Hill

MATCH SCORE
Tallahassee (Zombie Land): 4
The Town of Silent Hill: 7

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Overlook Hotel vs. Din Djarin

MATCH SCORE
The Overlook Hotel: 4
Din Djarin: 11

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Pele vs. Cúchulainn

MATCH SCORE
Pele: 5
Cúchulainn: 4

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Android 8 vs. Midnighter

MATCH SCORE
Android 8: 9
Midnighter: 3

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Flash (Wally West) vs. Superman

MATCH SCORE
The Flash (Wally West): 6
Superman: 7

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Invid vs. The Romulan Star Empire

MATCH SCORE
The Invid: 7
The Romulan Star Empire: 6

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Lucky the Leprechaun vs. Snap, Crackle, and Pop

MATCH SCORE
Lucky the Leprechaun: 7
Snap, Crackle, and Pop: 5

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Qu (All Tomorrows) vs. The Cylons

MATCH SCORE
The Qu (All Tomorrows): 4
The Cylons: 8

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Michonne vs. Monster Island

MATCH SCORE
Michonne: 2
Monster Island: 11

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Apollo vs. Quetzalcoatl

MATCH SCORE
Apollo: 9
Quetzalcoatl: 2

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Tony the Tiger vs. Dig 'em Frog

MATCH SCORE
Tony the Tiger: 8
Dig 'em Frog: 3

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Scar (Disney) vs. David Xanatos

MATCH SCORE
Scar (Disney): 5
David Xanatos: 9

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Mario vs. Willy the Hillbilly

MATCH SCORE
Mario: 3
Willy the Hillbilly: 10

Sentry vs Spawn

skadoosh

has Spawn at this level faced someone who is on Sentrys level? Nope.

While on the other hand whats to stop sentry from ripping him in half, throwing him to the moon, or turning him into glass?

While the thing stopping Spawn from hurting Sentry is his speed, strength, invulnerability, and power.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not a safe assumption, seeing as Sentry is rarely in a stable sate of mind, but thanks for the opinion.

I disagree...

It was mostly Bendis Sentry that was unstable, because he is the one that ruined the character. In Paul Jenkins(character creator) run, Sentry was always in his state of mind. He had the abilities to display all his powers and he had unlimited powers. This Sentry actually displayed intelligence and had the potential to surpass characters like Superman.

Thanks to Brian Bendis, that never happened but he was close. If Sentry is in his stable mind he has control over all his powers and sometimes the voids powers. And Sentry has a diversity of power. Sentrys powers depend on his state of mind, similar to how Gladiators powers depend on his level of confidence.

OK, then i have never read a comic in which the Sentry wasn't an unstable, easily influence and generally weak-minded superhero, but that's just what i've read.

Lol... Its cool. But the Jenkins series portrayed him much better.

That depends on your definition of better.

What I mean is Jenkin's Sentry is what Sentry is suppose to be like. A "Golden Guardian of Good". Bendis Ruined that completely and made the character a crazy unstable person with a mind of a 5 years old. Jenkins Sentry had intelligence and was a true hero. Now tell me which one is better?

Depends on what you mean by better. I prefer Sentry when he's unstable, it makes for far more interesting stories, about a man scared of the immense power he has, who is vulnerable to manipulation, and in the grey between good and evil, rather than just another Superman rip-off.

Depends on what you mean by better. I prefer Sentry when he's unstable, it makes for far more interesting stories, about a man scared of the immense power he has, who is vulnerable to manipulation, and in the grey between good and evil, rather than just another Superman rip-off.

Many people hated that Sentry and that's the reason he was killed off. He was never originally suppose to be like that.

He wasn't really a Superman ripoff, because he had 3 split personalities. In which he was kinda struggling with.

I don't mind what he was originally meant to be like, i read what i did and i liked it. It's much more interesting to read about a superhero with problems and physcological weaknesses than some do-gooding Superman-esque bloke. In my opinion, anyway.

I don't mind what he was originally meant to be like, i read what i did and i liked it. It's much more interesting to read about a superhero with problems and physcological weaknesses than some do-gooding Superman-esque bloke. In my opinion, anyway.

I understand you. :)

But me being a huge Sentry fan, I didn't like Bendis Sentry at all.

So its settleed Sentry wins. The amount of power a stable minded Sentry has is leaps and bounds above spawn.

And everything I have read on Spawn shows his powers all lumped together not in the different levels that he increased to. Now IIRC spawn at the stage your talking about, has speed(not on Sentry level), strength (MAX 20 tons), healing, mutating, cammoflauge, use necroplasm as a defensive weapon and offensive.

But he again in no way could hurt Sentry with a stable mind. When he fought the molecule man he litterally came back to life after dying taht beat any healing Spawn did at that level. and Sentry was seemingly killed TWICE and came back like it was nothing.

What kind of superhero would Sentry be without a weakness? Everyone needs one.

Not necessarily, if the writer's good enough they could make a story about a completely invulnerable man interesting. And the Sentry does have weaknesses, psychological ones, due to all that manipulation he suffers, and he can be hurt, or at least knocked around, by punches and whatnot from powerful enough opponents.

And in this match i did not intend the Sentry to be of stable mind, seeing as i've never read anything in which he was of stable mind.

I disagree...

It was mostly Bendis Sentry that was unstable, because he is the one that ruined the character. In Paul Jenkins(character creator) run, Sentry was always in his state of mind. He had the abilities to display all his powers and he had unlimited powers. This Sentry actually displayed intelligence and had the potential to surpass characters like Superman.

Thanks to Brian Bendis, that never happened but he was close. If Sentry is in his stable mind he has control over all his powers and sometimes the voids powers. And Sentry has a diversity of power. Sentrys powers depend on his state of mind, similar to how Gladiators powers depend on his level of confidence.

Yeah, he destroyed Sentry by giving him some character depth and a nontangible weakness. That sucks.

What's that meant to prove?

Its meant to prove that Bendis messed up the character.. In those pics Sentry was scared and ran away like a baby. Yes Jenkins Sentry still had character depth, he was still fighting with his inner demons. But he was still managed to pull through all of it.

Bendis Sentry was a coward and had a mind of a 5 year old. Also Bendis hardly made him fight anyone. The thing I hated most what Bendis did to Sentry was changing his origin to him originally being a drug addict... I know Sentry's originally origin was kinda corny, but come on.. Bendis completely changed the character.

You guys have your own opinion on Sentry, but I personally disliked Bendis Sentry.

Bendis started out doing good on Sentry as a character but did screw him up in the end. Sentry became very inconsistent as far as his origin, powers, and who he was as a character.

Bendis started out doing good on Sentry as a character but did screw him up in the end. Sentry became very inconsistent as far as his origin, powers, and who he was as a character.

Yes very true.

When Sentry first joined the New Avengers, his story line was quite good, it was cool seeing him ripping Carnage in half and taking on the Avengers as Void. But everything went down hill from there