Bass Armstrong vs. Alex (Street Fighter)

MATCH SCORE
Bass Armstrong: 2
Alex (Street Fighter): 5

Dhalsim vs. Voldo

MATCH SCORE
Dhalsim: 4
Voldo: 3

Cindy Aurum vs. Deliah Blue

MATCH SCORE
Cindy Aurum: 4
Deliah Blue: 3

Yoshimitsu vs. Ryu Hayabusa

MATCH SCORE
Yoshimitsu: 1
Ryu Hayabusa: 5

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers vs. Ransik

MATCH SCORE
MIghty Morphin Power Rangers: 3
Ransik: 5

Donatello (Mirage) vs. King (Art Of Fighting)

MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 17
King (Art Of Fighting): 4

Helena Douglas vs. Shermie

MATCH SCORE
Helena Douglas: 5
Shermie: 3

Spiral vs. Hundun

MATCH SCORE
Spiral: 4
Hundun: 1

Match Showdown 01 - Panty & Stocking VS Ronald McDonald

MATCH SCORE
Panty And Stocking: 8
Ronald McDonald: 1

Mila (DOA) vs. Vanessa Lewis

MATCH SCORE
Mila (DOA): 4
Vanessa Lewis: 2

Sign in to follow this  
Mercenaryblade

Match 12185 Arkham Asylum vs. Dr. Herbert West

Arkham, Asylum home to Gotham cities worst psychopaths and murderers, Including The Joker, Two-Face, The Riddler, and many other names that had inspired terror in the citizens of Gotham.

For years the Asylum had had an embarrassing reputation of not being able to contain its patients; it seemed every month there was another breakout and the villains would then go on a crime spree only to be captured and tossed back into the Asylum by Batman, Gotham’s Dark Knight. But all of that was about to change and it would be a change for the worst regarding the patients.

Faced with his many failures both at running an asylum, and failing to produce any results in curing the patients the head doctor of Arkham resigned.

A new doctor came to the Asylum then his name was Herbert West.

Dr. West quickly went about changing things immediately he fired half of the Asylum staff and replaced them with a group of people he had handpicked himself and immediately set about reforming the Asylum such as beefing up security putting the inmates on a strict schedule and making morning announcements.

Dr. West addressed every inmate in every cell, “Good, morning Arkham. I wish for all of you to know that I will not rest until I have cured each of you, and I’m sure more than ever that I can do it. We are going to try new methods which I’m sure will show results. Know that I Dr. Herbert West am your friend.â€

Two-Face scoffed in his cell as he flipped his coin, “We’ve heard it a million times before.†There was laughter from the cell next to him, “Indeed, if I had a dime for everytime some doctor thought he’d found a miracle cure.†Scarecrow said, Two-Face chuckled, “Give me a few minutes with him alone and I’d show him what I think of his friendship.â€

Scarecrow spoke again, “Oh, I could show him the true meaning of fear. I could make him scream and cower like a child.†Two-Face flipped his coin and caught it, tails. “Too bad the Joker isn’t here; he’d get a kick out of this guy.†Scarecrow laughed again, “He’s probably blowing a building up as we speak.†Just then one of the new guards rapped against Scarecrow’s door, “Hold it down in there!†He shouted. “Bah!†Scarecrow scoffed.

It wasn’t long afterwards that strange things began happening, Dr. West would have inmates removed from their cells to be brought down for special treatment. And then they would never be seen again, the inmates that were taken were not any of the famed super villains all just a few disturbed people or some minor psychos. But rumors were flying around that they had not survived whatever Dr. West had done to them.

The Riddler, Scarecrow, Two-Face, and the Mad Hatter were sitting together at lunch eating the foul Asylum food. “At least twenty of our brethren and sisters have been taken never to be seen again by Dr. West.†The Riddler said, “Keep your voice down those new guards don’t play around and they have the hearing of a dog.†The Mad Hatter chided him. Scarecrow shrugged, “I fail to see what you are afraid of they have yet to try this new procedure on us.â€

Two-Face growled, “Because they’ll try it on us sooner or later, for once I almost wish I was still practicing law I’m sure Dr. West is committing malpractice.†Just then there was a shout the inmates looked over at the source of the noise.

“Help!†The ventriloquist shouted, “Dummy! Don’t let them take ya!†Scarface shouted, two orderlies had roughly seized the small ventriloquist he was struggling but they were too strong for him, “Mr. Scarface!†He shouted, “Let him go you’s mugs!†Scarface shouted, one of the orderlies pried him from the ventriloquist’s hand, “Nooo!†Scarface said before going silent and falling to the floor, “Mr. Scarface!†the ventriloquist shouted pathetically before breaking down into sobs.

The orderlies began to drag him away, “Leave him alone!†Poison Ivy shouted moving towards them, but a burly guard seized her and tossed her roughly to the ground. The chow hall could hear the ventriloquist screaming down the halls till he was gone. Two-Face flipped his coin, “That does it; it’s time for some Arkham magic.†Riddler smiled shall I pass the word around with the usual way?†Two-Face nodded, “Yes, quickly and subtly, don’t forget to see that word get’s to the women’s side, Ivy looks furious and Harley loves a good time.â€

There had long been a code of communication established between the veterans of Arkham and the Riddler was the one, who had developed it. Word spread around between the inmates they had to take control of the Asylum and end Dr. West’s reign of terror, they couldn’t afford to fool around they had to stop the mad man and whatever sinister experiments he was conducting.

Arkham roll call: Two-Face, Riddler, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Killer croc, Mr. Zsasz, and a few random inmates which can join up with them if freed. The inmates can get their gear and weapons if they can find it.

Dr. West has armed guards and orderlies at his disposal and down in the lower levels of Arkham is where he’s conducting his experiments trying to make a solution that will reanimate the dead he has only a few successes and the resulting zombies are under his control as well.

Can the inmates take down the reanimater?

Learn More About

Arkham Asylum

Read more about Arkham Asylum at Wikipedia

Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia Entry Arkham Asylum Info Spider-Bob.com

Dr. Herbert West

Read more about Dr. Herbert West at Wikipedia

Official Site: H.P. Lovecraft Links: Herbert West Wikipedia page Re-Animator Wikipedia page Re-Animator imdb page

Reminds me of a game I play a lot at work: De-Animator!

Excellent setup. If Ivy and Croc have their full abilities they give Team Arkham the edge they need to win. Two-Face will no doubt lead the group and together they take him down.

The inmates of Arkham have shown they can take any group of guards. Croc and Ivy could make short work of any zombies. Two-face will be in West's office soon enough. Awesome story.

Thanks for the possitive feedback guys, I wasn't sure I'd get any because I didn't know how well known Dr. West is.

Good set-up, Merc, and interesting matchup.

I'd say the Arkham inmates take this, especially if some can get ahold of their specialty tools.

Match Final Results

USER RATINGS

B Good stoy and matchup, but it has plenty of run-ons and some missing punctuation.

A Great set-up!

F

A

A

A

SCORE

Arkham Asylum: 20

Dr. Herbert West: 7

FPA: 3.2

F? A bit harsh?

Someone clearly trolling/spite voting. As you can see by the other voter's scores, this guy is way off mark.

Hmm... At least whoever it was before, was giving some kind of validation behind it. This guy, just seems to be handing out random 'F's to every set-up...

DamagEdit: Not every set-up, but a good number of them.

Whoever it is... you aren't encouraging people to write set-ups. I think you know that, so what is your point in bringing down the fun of CBUB?

I think someone's jealous of Merc's top spot. :P He should be able to buy this match off, and bounce himself back to the top of the list.

Hmm could very well it, I forgot he was #1 rated writer... Yea, definitely risking that by writing at the moment.

Guest beastforce

Damnnn, dropped 6 places from one 'F'. I would be a bit upset about that if I were him. Especially since he can't buy it off, no hope now but to keep writing and hoping for 4.0's ... which, yea right, not going to happen. Everyone see how people might not want to write anything?

I don't think you can buy off matches unless they're below 3.0 now

Really? ...That sucks.

amazing writing. Great job.

Thanks, but it appears one would disagree with you.

Hmm I wonder if someone out there has a grudge against me? How petty.

Well I knew I wasn't going to be NO1 forever sooner or later someone was going to take me down, or I'd bungle a setup one day.

Thanks to all of those who did enjoy the story and matchup.