MATCH SCORE
Anthony Fremont: 1
Chuck Shurley: 3

Batman vs. Lex Luthor

MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Lex Luthor: 3

I thought that over.

"If Vault 13 is that way.." I say, pointing towards the direction Franks pointed out. "...And they were coming this way,,Do you think they were delivering something? Maybe they had something of high value, and the thieves killed them for it. Maybe they avoided the highway for the exact same reason, scavengers, or thieves."

"Well, if they did. They weren't very successful. Besides, this group was too big to be carrying something of immense value. The target would have been too big. I think this was a random killing." There was a part of me who was optimistic about the future. Maybe naively, but I thought it might have been some sort of paradise, or utopia, where science had finally eliminated war, disease, and poverty. But not even science can change innate human nature. Some things never change. "War. War never changes." I muttered while bowing my head, before continuing to walk.

Rose could not tell if Merlin was hitting on her or was asking an honest question. Though, either was a fine excuse to punch him in the face, but she really didn't have violent tendencies. She was about to answer Merlin, when they came upon the caravan. She was shocked, she knew it was bad back then, but to still have random attacks like this was always a surprise and then she saw the cow...Jesus, that poor thing...though, I wonder what it tas--

Rose then heard the order to suit up, which made her frown. Not for the fact that she had to dress up in-front of the guys, but because she rarely finds anything in her size. She slung it on, and much to her surprise it fit, too well in fact that she said. "What, did the male genome start to shrink or...something else?"

"The suits are a bit snug," Pizza commented as they continued onwards, "I just wish they had some guns on them. I'm feeling a bit undergunned here. And I don't fancy meeting the criminals who attacked those poor fools without any guns of our own."

Roxy quietly stripped and put on the jumpsuits near Rose. She grutns as she finishes zipping up, apparently she was a bit bigger than the size she had picked. She doesn't outwardly complain though she stretches a bit to get used to it. At Pizza's comment, Roxy nods.

"Yeah, running into a nut whose packing guns doesn't sound like a good end after all this..." she notes absentmindedly before looking to Franks. "Well, can that wristwatch give us any good news or should we head whatever direction these guys were running from?"

Having joined up with the rest of the squad after following their voices, Lance walked alongside them silently until they came upon the caravan. The realization that they'd been in stasis for over 200 years hadn't affected him as much as it had the others. He hadn't seen his father since being sent to prison, and he had no actual friends to speak of outside of the squad.

"Damn..." he muttered underneath his breath as he looked on at the bodies. He caught the water and knife, taking a gulp of the former and readying the latter. He almost choked on the drink as he noticed the two-headed cow.

"Mutated wildlife, huh?" he said aloud as he peeled off an armored vault suit from one of the corpses and put it on himself. Jesus Christ, these things are tight. he thought to himself. "Guess things really went to shit after we checked out... Makes me wonder what happened to the nastier critters. Spiders, snakes, stuff like that."

Roxy shrugs at Lance's comment. "No idea, but when Einstein's made his statement about World War 4 being fought with stones and sharp sticks he probably didn't take anything like this into account." she grumbles before mentally noting the significance about nukes and other superweapons, the fact this situation happeend because of one especially was in her head. She takes a big glance around and then shrugs. "Then again..."

It was around evening when they came across the town. A "Welcome to Redding, California" sign was crooked rusted out in front. And in front of them?

Concept.Art.for.Project.V13_by_Natiq.Aghayev_aka_Defonten.jpg

RetroApocolypse_OldDesertCity_001.jpg

Destruction. On a huge scale. There were three main roads through the city.

I whistled softly. "Damn. What happened here?" I looked at the sign. Redding, never heard of it. Pretty big city though, by the looks of it. Or, it WAS a pretty big city. Now it's a pretty big scrapyard. He saw the three roads. It was a good opportunity to mend some squad fractures. "Rose and Roxy, go with Merlin down the middle road. Lance, you're with me. Pizza and Yusef, take the last one. Everyone, we don't have a set comm system, so number one priority is a radio, followed by water, followed by a warm place, followed by food, followed by weapons and ammo, followed by information. I'm gonna give each team a flare. Use it only in an emergency. Get to it."

With that, I tossed one of the flares I got from the dead Brahmin to both Roxy and Pizza. "If you see my flare, that's the cue to regroup at my location. Top priority. Good hunting." With that, I pat Lance on the shoulder and head for the road on the right.

I follow Franks, as always. When we arrive at the city, I gasp...Whatever happened here must've been big..

What if the Commies did win?

Nah...I Shouldn't let that thought come to mind..

"Uh..Redding..yeah..It's a small town in California..I studied geography.."

I smiled when I heard who I was going with, not because they were girls, because they knew how to defend themselves in close quarter combat.

"Ladies, after you." I say, pointing forward.

I heard Merlin's comment, and hoped he had the sense to avoid getting punched in the face. I smirked as I dislodged some rubble and continued on onto the street.

Rose looked on, mouth open. A city in the middle of a desert? "Sounds like fun." Rose mutters under her breath. She then got the order, and as much as she might have hated it, she understood why. Well, she didn't really 'hate' him per say, he just made a really bad first impression, so getting to know him right now, would be good. She let out a 'Yes, sir'. She then took a glance at Roxy, and at Merlin.

"So, who want's to be 'pointman'?" She asked, as she slowly starts walking down the middle path.

Roxy wishes the individual groups luck before following Rose. At her question, she quietly walks past her while keeping up pace.

"Keep an eye out for stuff, you heard Franks." she says aloud, more on the lookout for anyone who might cause trouble than equipment to pilfer. Lord knows who in here would be interested in a pair of females for various...purposes.

"You and me then Bombs, let's get going?" Pizza asks as the team starts to depart. While he knows they can cover more ground by splitting up, he wonders if he's the only one who used to watch those B-list horror movies.

"Right...look out for...stuff." She mutters uneasily as she takes a good look around, while keeping up with Roxy. Though she really could use pair of glasses, Rose didn't really have good eyesight. "Ma'am do you think there's anybody here? Feels like a ghost town." She still had the uneasyness in her voice, and it didn't help when her spine began to crawl.

Did Merlin just comment that Redding was a small town in California? "No shit, Merlin." I grumbled under my breath. The kid was smart, but he could be as dumb as a sack of bricks. In his own way.

The trio travelling down the middle road would find this sight:

1000px-V13_concept.jpg

The three figures in the street would be unrecognizable. But you could tell they were huge.

Roxy looks over to Rose and puts a hand on her shoulder. She looks at her before nodding, if she wasn't having so much already in her head she would've forced a smirk out. Roxy looks forward after that, she feared she was trying to imprint the daughter she "lost" and all those feelings onto Rose. As close as the two had gotten in the squad that is not what needed to be done right now. Even so she speaks as warmly as she can manage.

"I don't know, but if there's anyone who wants trouble they're going to have to go through me. I won't let anyone hurt you. Either of you." she says, the squadron was all that she had, any sudden revelations not-withstanding. She catches eye of those down the street. She turns to try and get a better look. "Be careful, keep near the corners in case we need cover." she says as she tries to move in that direction without being seen. It jsut occured to ehr about the jumpsuits. if they were distinct, she wondered if the original owners were killed because they werent well liked. Given how identifiable the suits were, she certainly hoped that wasnt the case.

Roxy's words calmed her some, but she really appreciated it. She gave a smile and a,"Thanks" before also noticing the others down the street. On instinct and before Roxy had the chance to say it, she was already in cover. She slowly trotted along behind Roxy, when she got the idea.

"Hey.." She started to whisper. "What if the guys were wasted because they were wearing these? I mean, even random attacks should have a reason..."

I didn't think much about the city, but whatever happened to it, messed it up. Pausing, I listen to Roxy's words about the three people in the distance.

I nod at Rose's idea, then a get moving, staying close, guarding the back.

"Shouldn't we just take a different route? Stay on the middle route..but go through allies and stuff? At least until we get past them. Or at the very least, look for pipes to use as weapons."

The figures didn't seem to notice the trio, and continued to scavenge for things amongst the rubble. One of them grunted.

Meanwhile, Pizza and Yusef would see a group of 4 people far off in the distance. The road appeared to be leading them into the industrial sector of the city. The group did not notice them yet.

Project_V13_concept_art.jpg

Rose thought about Merlin's idea, watching whatever they were still picking up scrap. She frowned and shook her head, "hmm...not sure, what do you say, Roxy?"

OOC: Can I do some sort of Perception check to see if they are armed or not?

"Well I spy with my little eye..." Pizza started as he caught sight of the four distant figures. "They don't look like they are armed, so..." Pizza paused as he regarded the figures, from this range and light they didn't look armed, but then some guns were easily concealed... or they might have knives or bats. Or be part of a larger group that was armed. "Bombs," he turned to Yusef, "these people are good sources of info right? Let's get closer, let's not startle them, and if we need to can I do the talking? I like you Bombs, but the crazy explosives guy doesn't really make people buddy up with you you know?"

Pizza would be able to see one armed man carrying a flag and what appeared to be a 10mm pistol.

Character_dude.jpg

The rest either didn't have weapons, or had holdout, concealed weapons that Pizza couldn't see.

OOC: In case you guys are wondering where I'm getting all of this concept art- PV13 was the failed Fallout MMO to be developed by Interplay- the makers of Fallout and Fallout 2.

Pizza looked over to Yusef before silently nodding. "Alright, how do we do this?" he muttered under his breath, trying to find a way to talk to those people, who may or may not be hostile, without getting shot up.

He rolled his eyes and took a steadying sigh.

"Hello over there!" he called up, hoping that, if they were hostile, the distance between Yusef and him and the group would give them a chance to run or get into cover.