Anthony Fremont vs. Chuck Shurley

MATCH SCORE
Anthony Fremont: 1
Chuck Shurley: 3

Batman vs. Lex Luthor

MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Lex Luthor: 3

Rose's eyes went wide when she heard it, but didn't say anything, she didn't have anything to say. After all, she was just an orphan that was put under the wing of a Master Thief. He did became a father figure to her, but he died early in her life, so it didn't affect her much.

She then saw Roxy breakdown, and her heart sank into her stomach. Rose knew what Roxy had, what she lost, but she couldn't imagine what she must be feeling right now. However, she could imagine that if she doesn't try to comfort Roxy, somebody was going to get hurt, real bad.

"Roxanne." Rose whispered as she embraced Roxy. "I'm so sorry..." She begins to say, as she tries to think first, before speaking. "Whatever happened, I know your family would understand. You were out to make the world safe, not only for your own daughter, but to everybody else. They can only be proud of you...OK? They would want you to keep kicking ass like you always have...So it's ok to cry. Cry till your content and get back to ass kicking, cuz you're Roxanne "Roxy" Lahela Remington.

Damn, it all felt so inconsequential. What do you do when there's nothing else to fight for? Why go on- what's the point? Then I looked at my squad. I had saved us from death at a cost. To die now, it would make our sacrifice useless. This kind of pain, it would hurt deep. For a long time. Till I die, and maybe not even then. But my mind had already begun shove it away, not because the pain wasn't deep, but because it was too deep. Common tactic as a soldier. Hesitation, meditation, it gets you killed. My mind is shielding itself from the pain, trying to bury the memories. I know they weren't gonna stay there long, but I had to make them stay long enough to get my squad out of here. Can't let them die. Rachel would understand.

I rub my face, and stand up. I turn to Roxy, who looks at me with pure anger in her eyes. I steel my gaze and look back. "We all lost something. But I have no regrets. The alternative was to die." But really, would dying be any worse? At least my family wouldn't have to go through the pain of not knowing, even worse, the thought of me abandoning them. But no, Rachel knows I would never abandon her. Never. Can't think these thoughts. Not right now. "Some of you don't support my decision, and right now, frankly, I don't care. But we will survive. Together. I promise you. I'm not gonna let any of you die when I just saved your asses. I can't. I won't."

With that, I set off towards the gray blot on the horizon.

I shake my head, realizing what a stupid comment I made...But still...Wow. Looking up I see Franks walking away, I follow close behind and try to start up a conversation.

"Franks, does that Pip-Boy tell you our location? Just some coordinates would work."

Roxy hadn't budged an inch when Franks got up. She listened to Rose's words intently. Her head raises a bit, appreciative of what she said though the emotions are still strong in her, she is in no shape to outwardly show it. Roxy inwardly smirks; she could count on both hands, the number of people she'd let get away with caslling her Lahela and she just now had to add one to that list. She gets up before shaking Rose off. She turns though before heading after Franks.

"Thanks Rose....I mean that." she speaks softly before walking up to Franks. She taps his shoulder, a warning, before throwing the cleanest left hook anyone in the group had probably ever seen. She was calmer now, but as Rose said she needed to let it out. The difference between her trying this now and if she had tried it ten seconds ago would be volume; right now she didn't care if her punch connected, she didn't care if she knocked him flat on his ass, she didn't even care if he was able to get the upper hand on her in this state. She just really wanted to take a swing at him right now. Ten seconds ago would've been a much different story.

You froze us us for 200 years! What does it matter that we're still alive? Everything we stood for and care about is probably long crumbled and useless like your f*cking armor, and we're in the middle of nowhere. F*ck your promise!

It was thoughts like that that went through her head right up until the swing completed. She was screaming it in her head in fury but she didn't dare accuse him of it out loud. She had gotten enough control of herself and had too much respect for him to do that now. She realized he lost something too. He probably could read half of her thoughts off her face anyways, if he wasn't already thinking about it himself. He was right, until something comes up they had each other and little else. Less than an hour ago(to her) she survived a torture session and fought right beside him. Even if the U.S. Army itself didn't exist anymore he was her CO. Even if she didn't like it she didn't have many options. She might resent him for this as long as they both live, but she's worked under worse conditions. Once the violence was over she'd speak the very position she ended up in fromt he exchange in a shaky version of her smartass tone.

"S-so, can it? Can that thing tell us where we are? At the very least, something that isn't soul-shatteringly depressing?" she asks. She didn't make eye contact with him, but she let him know that she would try to refrain from further attempts at mauling him.

I was caught by surprise, as I felt the wind of Roxy's fist fly past my ear. I instinctively ducked. I was crouched on the floor, I look up, wait for the commotion to finish, and stand up.

"..Wow." That girl could throw a punch...

"You guys, we are about 200 years in the future, for all we know we're the last living humans..No need to start fighting now."

I lightened up after she asked about the Pip-Boy.

"Is there anyway we can use the armor scraps to make knives?"

I stood there as Roxy threw the swing, didn't try to move, didn't try to roll with the punch. Although I probably could have. Maybe it's cause I thought she needed it. Maybe it's cause I thought I needed it. In any case, I knew Roxy too well to not know what was going through her head. She needed time, mostly mental stimulation, needed to get her mind off of what she lost, if that was even possible. Was I talking about Roxy? Or myself? In any case, I rubbed my jaw and looked her in the eye, and we both understood each other. She knows the guilt and unseen shadow of regret I would have to live with until the day I died. She would see eventually, she would get over it, maybe not the pain, but the blame. That's what happens when you've been a brother(or in this case sister) in arms for years. Bonds like that don't break. It was just much too close to "Ground Zero" right now.

"I see the time frozen hasn't affected your left hook," I murmured. I scroll through the Pip-Boy's map function, it did have one, it just wasn't useful because no locations were plugged into it. It did tell us what state we were in. The Northwest tip of California. So, still in the good 'ole USA. Or, whatever it is 200 years in the future. Even though the pain was still unbearable, a small part of me, the scientific side, was tremendously excited to explore this new world, new society. Scientific curiosity at what this new world, 200 years ahead, held.

"We're in California. And no, there's no time to fashion knives. And no one here has the survival skill to do that, the polymer casing is far too durable to ply. Our best bet is heading towards the thing on the horizon. Looks like a town."

With that, I started walking again.

I look up, shield my eyes form the sun using my hand.

"..If that is a town could we just walk in? If there are any other people there, what's to say they speak English?"

I thought some more before continuing.

"...We should send someone small to scout it out first, ya know? We camp out, keep shifts during the night..Just to be safe."

"Yes, let's send one of our own, unarmed, into an unknown area and an unknown force that may be hostile. After the sent person gets killed, the force will have been alerted to our presence, and if they weren't hostile, they'll certainly be now. And yes, let's camp out with all of our increasingly numerous supplies that ward off the negative degree temperatures found in the desert at night, and of course, our overly abundant food and water supply."

"Uh..I'm sorry, It's that I'm a little dazed after yeste-umm..Yeah."

I quickly apologize for my stupidity, of course I was wrong..Oh well, nothing bad happened.

"Franks, what do you think we should do? Other then, ya know, go inside the town. Since that's what we're gonna do anyway."

Roxy rubs her hand after connecting with Franks.

"No, it was, otherwise you'd be unconcious." she mutters to herself. On the other hand she wondered if she pulled the punch on reflex. She shakes her head, best not think about that. She quietly mulls over the fac tthat this was supposed to be northern California. In her life time she had only driven as far up as Sacramento, but this didn't seem right at all. The fact that her family lived in southern california was not boding well at all. She shake sher head. The last thing she needed to do was to actually punch out Franks.

"Well, no matter what we do, let's figure out an alibi that doesn't involve the truth in any way, shape or form." she grunts as she listens over everyone's suggestions. Who knows who lived there. "Us all walking in as a group might be suspicious all the same."

"If we're looking for someone with a silver tongue, I'm the only goddamn person in this group who tries to talk to people before killing them," I said with a grim smirk. "I wonder if the Reds won. Wonder if we're walking through New China or some shit like that."

"Was thinking that myself...." Roxy grunts. "Something definitely happened in the interveneing years if this is Northern California. Not how I remember it" she sighs. She takes a second to wipe her eyes before nodding.

"Even if that's not the case, I mean do we have any options calling in what happened to us? I doubt your average U.S. outpost or whatever would believe us."

"I doubt there still is a U.S outpost..." I murmured..

I wipe my forehead, swatting away the sweat..

"We need to get out of this heat."

Lance awoke with a sharp intake of breath, his body doing its best to get up and running again after centuries of stasis. He rolled over and attempted to push himself upwards, only to collapse in a heap after the initial heave.

"Shit..." he groaned, closing his eyes for a moment. That was... weird. The power armor felt heavy, cumbersome - not at all like it usually did. And where was his HUD? He reached out, his hand searching for a pillar, table leg... anything that could be used to pull himself upward. His hand closed around a metal crate, and he used it to rise unsteadily.

He took a deep breath, regaining some of his balance, and began prying off his T-51b. He didn't need to look at it to tell it was completely FUBAR. The once-smooth surface had been rendered rough and crumbling by rust.

Once the deed was done, he glanced around him, searching for his squadmates. He remembered being cut off from them on the flight deck, and had been in the process of beating the ever-loving shit out of a bunch of commies when everything had gone white.

"Hello?" he called out uneasily.

Lance awoke with a sharp intake of breath, his body doing its best to get up and running again after centuries of stasis. He rolled over and attempted to push himself upwards, only to collapse in a heap after the initial heave.

"Shit..." he groaned, closing his eyes for a moment. That was... weird. The power armor felt heavy, cumbersome - not at all like it usually did. And where was his HUD? He reached out, his hand searching for a pillar, table leg... anything that could be used to pull himself upward. His hand closed around a metal crate, and he used it to rise unsteadily.

He took a deep breath, regaining some of his balance, and began prying off his T-51b. He didn't need to look at it to tell it was completely FUBAR. The once-smooth surface had been rendered rough and crumbling by rust.

Once the deed was done, he glanced around him, searching for his squadmates. He remembered being cut off from them on the flight deck, and had been in the process of beating the ever-loving shit out of a bunch of commies when everything had gone white.

"Hello?" he called out uneasily.

"Hello there. Welcome back." Yusef curtly greeted Lance. "Let's make this quick. We shouldn't stand around in the desert."

"You alright there Lance?" Pizza asks as he tries to take his mind off of the fact that everyone they've ever known is dead. "The cap and Yusef are right though, we shouldn't sit around here in this... You know, it occurs to me. I've been all over California when I was younger and this doesn't look right at all."

Rose had a feeling that saying her full name was probably a bad idea, was it her smile? The way she thanked her? Regardless, she still felt a little better, and can now concentrate on actually surviving. She then heard another voice, Lance. How did she forget the guy with the big hammer? Anyway, Pizza got him and started talking, she also had experience with California. Rose had to travel alot, due to her special circumstance.

"I know what you mean Pizza. It shouldn't be this... deserty? But whatever we're gonna do, we better do it fast. We don't really know what's out there...now.

I got closer to the group, as I was off a little bit. Moving with the group, I got closer to Rose.

"Hey Rose, you're good at hand to hand combat, right?" I want to know the team's strengths and weaknesses.

Rose turned around to see the new guy, Merlin, that says things at the baddest of times. Regardless, she gives a sly smirk. "I don't know...Do you wanna find out?" Really wanting to punch him for Roxy's sake.

I smiled.

"No, no. Just wanted to find out everybody's strengths. Do you do athletics? You look like a gymnastic,"

I try to make small talk, as to pass time.

After walking a while, the team gets close enough to the gray blob to determine it is some kind of city. However, the team stumbles upon what looks like a caravan, a couple of bodies are strewn about, wearing the traditional blue and yellow Vault Dweller uniform. The bodies were in various states of decay, mostly skeletons. Nearby, there's a two headed cow with a bunch of packs on his back.

"What the hell?" I said, going over to the Brahmin. "A two-headed goddamned cow?" His teammates were right. Something crazy was going on with California. But what? I rummage through the sacks on the Brahmin's back, and find a few canteens of water and a couple of flares. I toss one canteen to each of the squad. I went to the first Vault Dweller. And find a knife, but nothing else. Someone must have picked through these bodies. I find a bullet in one of the dweller's chest cavities. A .223. Definitely murder. I toss the knife to Lance. The Vault Dweller's uniform had some armoring. Could be useful. I peel it off the body, and pull it on. It's a bit tight, but it'll do for now.

I investigate the other bodies. Nothing. "Hey guys, grab yourselves a suit."

"The hell happened here?" I ask, looking at the dead bodies. I stare at Franks, and wait for his orders.

Ripping off my old clothes, I quickly put on the Vault Dweller's clothing, it fit snugly.

"Is there anything we can do with that..thing?" I ask, pointing at the 2-headed cow thing.

"While the two-headed cow is a bit odd," Pizza said as he shed his useless powered armor undersuit for the clothing, making sure to keep his eyes well away from the females of the group, "I'm more worried about the caravan itself. I mean think about it, two-headed cow aside, what are a bunch of people doing, in uniform, pulling along a cart by animal? I mean really?"

"Well. Every oil based car in the country came to a standstill in 2060. They might not be able to afford electric, or nuclear. But still, why walk in the desert? Why not an interstate? And why away from the city? It looks like he was trying to avoid something. I recognize this uniform though." I pull up my Pip-Boy again, the Vault Boy icon was wearing the same exact uniform. "They're vault dwellers. And from the 13 on the back, They came from down south, where Vault 13's located. That's a long journey on foot."