The Dragonborn vs. Sauron

MATCH SCORE
The Dragonborn: 3
Sauron: 6

Rolento F. Schugerg vs. Bayman

MATCH SCORE
Rolento F. Schugerg: 4
Bayman: 1

He was not terribly affected by the desert, as he lived in a desert for a good portion of his life. "The blistering heat, the lack of water, the glowing sun, it is just like HOME!" He referred to the old village to be home. He looked around to see where an oasis can be.

She smiles and nods. "Yep, just a little sore. Here let me help you with that." Rose props Roxy up, before reaching for the unneeded helmet. She was about to take it off, when she heard the voice. She turned towards him, not really recognizing him at first, but she saw the symbol of Omega Squad. "Yeah, I think so...uhh...and you are?"

"Merlin" I reply...I think I need a better explanation.

"My name is Merlin. I am..err..was..I think..Omega's medic. The guy who fought the giant robot and got his ass kicked? That was me."

I extend my hand and wait for it to be shaked.

Roxy helps take off the helmet after making sure she wasn't injured much from whatever the hell happened. She shakes her head, letting her hair drop from the fact that she was wearing the helmet for god knows how long. She gives a nod, the happiness from knowing Rose was ok melted away within seconds of acknowlidging Merlin and she had a blank face by the time she spoke.

"Nice to meet you Merlin. Heh, woulda loved to have seen that but we were busy with someone equaly annoying." she comments coldly, but she was completely honest. She gives a sigh as her shoulders slump ever so slightly, faint but noticable to anyone who knew her well, odds were that bastard got away.

"Yeah...we had a fun date with a feminist, a-moral, jackass ninja on steroids. A super commie." Rose added on with what Roxy said. She was hesitant at first, but she eventually did shook Merlin's hand. "Like my friend said, very nice to meet you..the names Rose...Ow." Still feeling the effects of unused extremities .

Rose then heard Roxy sigh, a sign that she was dissapointed with her self. She playfully punched her in the shoulder, which really hurt, but she still forced a smile. "Don't worry Roxy. I'm sure that bastard is licking is wounds wherever he is. You got him good."

I limped over to my team, "Yusef. You're crazy. We get it. Stop with the damn laughing." I look at Roxy and Rose in the sand, "Wow. You guys look like shit," I said with a smile. "I see you've met Merlin. He was part of the old Omega Squad. Merlin, meet Roxy and Rose. And Yusef."

Roxy nods to Rose, she grunts as her arm was sorewhen Rose punched it but she appreciated what Rose said, recognizing she was trying to help. "Not as good as you I think." she compliments. While she waited for Merlin to reply she heard Franks tell off Yusef for yelling like a madman, confirming he survived too. Nonthless she was sorta glad, they didn't talk much but even if he was unusual he was an ally. When Franks neared though that succeded in putting a smirk on her face, if ever so slightly.

"Well no shit, you left us with the hard part while you went down to do some scienc-y stuff." she snarks. Though within seconds she moved forward to put a hand on his shoulder. "It's good to see you in one piece boss. You're gonna have to tell me how you got outta that steel death trap later." she says, glad he survived the ship going full vertical while he was inside it. A glance around sorta showed that she would like to know how the rest of them survived too.

I looked at the ground. "Well, we were kinda screwed. We hit the surface of the water, and we were all about to become fishbait. So I had to make a split-second decision. The superweapon was basically a 'freeze ray'. I managed to bypass its hard-coding and aim it to freeze only the land carrier, instead of all of Anchorage like it was designed to do. I also set the satellite infrastructure to self-destruct from overload after firing the weapon. So, we survived, and the Chinese were deprived of their favorite toy. Anyways, we were probably encased in a glacier, floated south, and we got thawed out. I don't really know how much time's passed, or where we are. And as for how I got out of the depths of the carrier. I placed a few special charges before I got freezed." I looked up at Roxy, smiling, "Come on now. By now you should know that I plan for everything."

Rose gave a sigh of relief, now knowing that everyone is alright. "The family is back together again." She says with a grin. She waits until Franks finishes his explanation, that last thing he said kinda made her chuckle. "Yeah, you're scary good Sir. I found that out pretty early, and I'm very glad for that." She then started to look around at all the orange sand that was being baked by the sun, getting unsettling thoughts. She then looked at the others, Rose, really didn't wanted to be the bearer of bad news in this happy reunion, but it had to be said.

"But...seeing were up in shit creek without a paddle, how's y'all survival training?"

Pizza's eyes open up again, and he groans as he feels his armor locked up around him. He tries to move once again before he tries to move once again, and suddenly panic sets in as he realizes he can't. He tries to struggle against the armor around him, coughing as he does so and begins to feel the effects of a long sleep and chill.

His mind starts to race, the last thing he remembers was the battle against the giant robot and the sudden blinding light of a nuclear initiation. He wonders if maybe they were all burried in rubble, or if he's dead and his corpse woke up in his coffin.

His voice doesn't come back easily to him, he feels as if he'd been asleep a long time, or if his lungs had forgotten how to breathe. "Help!" he finally chokes out.

Roxy lsitens to Frank, she misses a few words, though she was jsut glad that he was alive. When Rose spoke, she nods in agreeance.

"What she said, you're the doc, doc." Roxy grunts, wondering how many weeks they were out. Getting ahold of HQ would be hell, she figured. At Rose's question, she shows a wide grin. "Good enough to teach it Rookie." she says, priding herself on her former job of a trainer. That was the last skill she thought they'd need but hey if it alllowed her to utilize what she was good at. She was about to say somethign else when she heard the familiar call of Pizza.

"I'll get him." she grunts, dusting herself off before calmly walking over to where he was despite injuries. if she found him before he got the idea to sit up, she'd grab him by the arm and help him into a seated position. "Status report." she calls sharply, hoping to snap him out of any shock he was in.

Pizza's head snapped towards the sound of a familiar voice. Truth be told he was incredibly claustrophobic, had been ever since a particular training accident in his power armor back in the training days. The fact that he felt like shit and was having breathing problems weren't helping matters.

"Dear God Roxy, you're voice has never sounded so good!" he joked, "I'm- I can't move my suit, it's jammed or stuck. I-" he shifted as much as he could, hoping to reach the safety release mechanisms along the inside of his armored hand. "Safety release is busted."

"Fro what I gather they're all done for. Looks like your suit still had some mileage on it though. I took mine off more or less by myself and Rose's practically crumbled off her." Roxy grunts as she pries off the helmet so he could get some air, the rest of the suits were much worse for wear, apparently he got lucky...in that regard.

"Glad to see you're redeeming quality is ok." she jokes, patting his cheek to lighten the mood before beginning to try and pry off the main chest plate and joint segments. Given that most of the stuff was completely broken she hoped to remove the armor without much problems, even with her muscles. "Long story short, we got flash frozen, and we got no concrete info past that...." she mumbles, deciding Franks' could give him the long version once he was free.

"Yes, my startling good lucks are intact." he grinnedat her as she pried him out of his suit. Once the chest piece was off, it was an easy matter of helping Roxy unclasp the rest of the suit. "Flash frozen?" he asks as he looks up at her, "What do you mean? You mean frozen like those mammoths and cavemen in the paper?" he asks, his mind going back to a news story he'd once read about something called the Ice Age.

I sit down and start to think....

Have I ever taken survival classes? I'm pretty sure I could read the stars..but it's day now

"Well..I got nothin'." I say. "What if...What if we gather the armor together, and use the spare parts as tools? Shovels, ect.."

Roxy shrugs, having even less of an idea of what Franks explained.

"Something like that yeah. Way he explained it thats what the chinese superweapon was. I say was cause apparently it went the way of our suits." she grunts, noting to the now expensive pile of scrap that was Pizza's suit. "We were glaciers for awhile. Way he says it I'm worried its been a closer to a few months than weeks or something." she grunts, thinking on that. "I hope we're not labeled under KIA." she whispers a bit worried now that she's thinking on it.

"I doubt it," Pizza says in what he hopes is a comforting manner. "Come on, Uncle Sam doesn't leave behind his boys and girls. I'm sure they'll send someone out to get us." He stands up, a little shakily at first, before he searches the area nearby, hoping to catch a glimpse of his loved gun. No such luck. He felt a pang in his heart, he'd miss that gun. The two made their way back towards the others, who seemed to be just as confused as Pizza felt. He heard someone mutter something about tools to find some sort of bearing on their location.

"Well, I remember learning about that stick method." he says as he reaches the group, "We just stick something tall in the ground and mark the shadow. We let it the shadow move for a bit, and that'll give us the east-west line, and from that we got north-south. Not much, since we still don't know where we are.. but it's a start right?"

Roxy answers Pizza's attempt to comfort her with a simple nod. She follows him in silence, trying to banish the bad thoughts from her head. When Pizza gives out a suggestion, she is a bit too clouded with thoughts to give any sort of proper answer, a snark is all that she can suffice.

"Yeah, unless anyone's got a bucket o' water, some copper wire, a cork and a needle that's probably gonna have to do." she mutters, attempting to crack a joke as she looks over the piles of heap that was once their armor, wondering if they had anything to work with. She'd settler for her knife and trusty .22, was better than nothing.

For the first time, I notice that my Pip-Boy is still on, and it's still functional. The damn thing musta been extremely durable. I dust the melting frost of off it and power it on. It had an internal clock, it should be able to tell us how much time's gone by. Worst of it, we've been out a couple weeks. I go into the clock function, and read the time.

March 30, 2283

"My God.." I whispered as my mind seemed to shut down. I fell on the ground, the dust collapsing all around me. "It's 2283. T-two hundred years. It's been two hundred years." I lay there in the sand, my mind reeling. Everything I had ever known, my entire family, everyone I knew, everything I stood for. It was all gone. Crushed. I wanted to tell my father he was right. Right about the dangers of science, how it turned my grandfather, how it corrupted me, made me blind to the horrors of humanity. Made me blind to what they were using it for. I wanted to tell him he was right about the village, and it's moral codes. I wanted to save my sister before it was too late. Wanted to marry Rachel after the war. Made her a promise. My unborn son. A promise. It. It was all gone. What did they think? That I abandoned them? That I died? My God. 2283. And it was all. My. Fault.

"It's 2283," I murmured.

While tinkering with my armor, I hear the words coming out of Frank's mouth. I slowly fall forward on the ground, face-first.

"Two hundred years.." I whisper..I stand up and dust myself off.

"Well..That's..Wow..." I stand in awe, before a bright light flashes in my mind.

"GUYS! Think of all the new species! Of all the new animals! This is a scientific break-through! We have to go looking for stuff NOW." I shout out..

It's not like I had any family before anyways...No problem..

I begin to search for Liberty Prime..Me and it had fallen side-by-side.

It was like Franks read her mind and then decided to f*ck it all up. She didn;'t think that, but it sure felt like it. She faces Franks as he falls and begins to repeat it. She glances down to his pip boy, grabbing is arm tightly to see for herself. She couldn't believe it, actually she could she didn;t want to.

"No." she mutters. "No, no, no, this is wrong." she mutters desperately. Franks could feel the grip on his wrist go tighter. "It's gotta be wrong, damn things been in ice it must be glitching." she grunts as she falls to her knees right beside him, she was hyper ventilating now. Much like Franks, she was thinking on her family. She had a newborn daughter close to two years prior, Lei, she was gonna raise her with her. Roxy's husband had been KIA a few months since then. She left Lei with her dad, she told him to take care of her while she was on this mission; she was exited to be back in the field when she first got selected for the powered armor unit. Her worry came back tenfold; she didn't miss a few months with her daughter, she outlived her! Her hope that when this was over it was jsut gonna be them three for as long as Roxy could hold onto them. That went right out the window.

"This is hell." she says as her eyes started tearing up, definitely something new to the entirity of Omega Squadron and an emotionally compromised Roxy was not the prettiest sight.

"Jesus christ, why?" she moans softly before a single thought came in her head; not one she'd ever think under normal circumstances but this was far from normal. Franks did this. She tried not to dwell on it, but it kept repeating in her head even as she tried to stop. Then Merlin began speaking. She wanted to punch him in the face almost as much as she did Franks. Almost as much. For now though she remained on her knees.

"Yes," Pizza replied dryly, "I'm sure we can all go and catalogue the new dogs and cats after we've visited our families graves!" Pizza turned at the gleefull voice, "And just who the *vulgarity* are you anyway?"

When Yusef heard that they were in 2283, he turn his face away from everyone else and curled into a smile. The Chinese attack on his village slaughtered his family. He had an internal monologue. The internal monologue was: "Has the United States and China forgotten so easily? I am them. I am the madness that lurks within, begging to be free at every moment in their deepest collective minds. I am what they hide from in the front lines for every battle. I am what they sedate into silence and paralysis when they go to the homely haven where I cannot tread."

Yusef then lowered his head and creepily whispered to himself, "So...completely...free."