Batman vs. Lex Luthor

MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Lex Luthor: 3

Matt Foley: Motivational Speaker vs. Fire Marshall Bill

MATCH SCORE
Matt Foley: Motivational Speaker: 2
Fire Marshall Bill: 6

Marcus chuckled. "Nowhere exists anymore. Not after the Great War. The whole damn world's a nuclear wasteland. Now then, let's cut to the chase. We're going to convert you guys into supermutants, and then use you to raid a settlement a few klicks west of here."

I rolled over, grabbed Lance's knife, and threw it at the connecting tubes from the disruptor glove and the energy pack. The sudden voltage loss erupted in a complete systems overload and the crazy man got fried by about 300 amps of electricity going to ground. I get up. "Let's go Lance". I pick up the knife when I hear sounds of fighting in an alley on my left. When I get there, there's no one. But there are some pretty huge footsteps leading to a manhole. Gesturing for Lance to follow, I slide it open, and jump down into the sewers.

As Yusef was in his cell, he was smiling. The insane Arab, though he was shot before, found the sensation tickling. If Pizza didn't ruin it for him, Yusef would have smiled and told them to take pity on a lone, wandering, madman. He acknowledges his insanity, but enjoys every single bit. At least he wasn't in a loony bin.

My mouth dropped as soon as I heard Marcus' command.

"Um..Is there anything else we can do?...Sir?" I asked, minding my manners, as I did not want to get hurt anymore.

*OOC: Are we in a prison cell or what?

OOC: I guess so, since HWFM jumped to the cells.

In the jail cells of the settlement, 2 human guards stood before the cell, which consisted of bars for the door, and a small concrete room. There was an old bookshelf in the corner with dusty, burned, pre-war books. There was also a pretty disgusting looking toilet, and a sink. They were in the large industrial building they had spotted on the way into the village. The guards stood with their backs to the duo, about three feet away from the bars.

"Hmm. No, not really," Marcus replied to Merlin with a smile. With that, three super mutants attempted to grab Roxy, Rose, and Merlin.

After trying to make my way through the sewer system, I hear noises. I duck down, and look to find a cavern-esque settlements. Whatever the things were, they weren't human. All of a sudden I manage to pick out Roxy, Rose, and Merlin. "How the hell'd they get captured?" I thought. I looked back at Lance. "Course of action?" I whispered.

Roxy paniced, best not let them do what they wanted.

"Wait." she says as she backs off her allies along with ehrself out of the grasp. "I figure you guys have this all plotted outm but I'm sure we can think of another way to do this wthout...well, turning into you guys. We're alot less noticible like this for one, assuming these human camps are filled with folks like us." Roxy says, trying to stall. She let her anxiety show, though that was to mask soemthing else. Eyes darting for weapons. These folks werent smart, she hoped one of these big guys left a gun she could wield lying around. A proper grenade would do, becoming a monster and killing whats left of humanity wasnt on the menu for her if she had anything to say about it..

"That takes care of that..." Lance grunted as he followed Franks down the manhole.

As they came upon Rose, Roxy and Merlin, Lance quickly ducked down alongside the captain, surveying the scene.

"Those... things look pretty well armed.", Lance whispered, gesturing to the Super Mutants. "Maybe if we could corner one alone, we could take it out and grab its gun?"

As he spoke, Lance would glance around, searching for anything that could be used as a weapon.

OOC: Are we close enough to hear what Marcus is saying?

"Take her away," Marcus says gruffly. There was a knife near Roxy's foot.

Back at the human camp, they were mobilizing. The guards open the cells and roughly force the duo to their feet. "Lets go! We move now!" The duo was led out of the building, streaming into the sewers.

The Centaurs back at the base started howling. They could smell humans. A lot of them. Marcus looks around, not believing it for a second. "HUMANS!" The mutants started to mobilize, grabbing their gear. He looks back at the trio, "PREPARE THEM! NOW!"

I look around the corner and eye the mutant closest to us. I find a tin can on the floor, and mention for Lance to get behind the corner to ambush the mutant. I bang the tin can on the floor, just loud enough for the mutant to hear it. "Huh?" He says audibly. He starts walking around the corner...

I stood still, not much to do but hope we would be saved by our squad mates.

"Well..." Pizza said as he looked over at Yusef, "I wonder when they'll get to us, or when we'll be off to fight these things..." He leaned over and whispered the next part, making sure no one was nearby to overhear him. "You think we can make a break for it during a fight or something?"

2 guards gave hunting rifles to the duo "On our mark we attack..." They were nearing the huge cavern when mutants leapt out of the entrance shooting. Everything soon devolved into chaos and explosions as the humans pushed into the super mutant cavern. One super mutant took sight of Yusef and Pizza and opened fire with an assault rifle.

The mutant was just about to round the corner when something happened at the other end. The mutant turned, and I leapt, landing on his back. Using the knife I had to stab his throat multiple times. After he was gone, I picked up his weapon- a laser rifle. It was in poor condition, but it would have to do. I started firing on the leader (Marcus), hitting him a couple times when he pulled out a gatling laser and ran behind cover.

Lance opted to let Franks take care of the mutant... after all, he had the knife.

"... Guess I'll just hang out here, then." Lance muttered as he crouched, weaponless, behind the nearest construct available. He'd take a quick peek around the corner, searching for any weapons that may have been dropped during the chaos - or, maybe a lone, preoccupied super mutant...

Pizza tried to duck behind the nearest cover he could find, before yelling out "What the hell is going on? What are those things? Why are they fighting each other?"

OOC: Force. I think you're confusing names...Can't really tell what's going on because of it. Is their two Marcus? One PC and the other is the Super Mutant Leader; Which is now being shot at by you? If something else is going on, I'll edit it.

Guess not... Rose thought to herself as she too looked around for a weapon. She really didn't wanna become part of their ranks. She then saw Merlin, and wasn't doing anything to save him self or Roxy and her.. He's giving up that easily? Is HE really part of this squad!? I'm just gonna have to fix that..."Sorry Merlin!" Rose exclaims, grabbing the male comrade and chucking him towards the Mutants that were coming for them.

OOC: No, there's only one, the super mutant leader. Who I'm shooting at. That was a typo, I meant Lance earlier who I was gesturing too, not Marcus.

A mutant with a Super Sledge came barreling towards Lance. Thinking fast, I tossed the knife to Lance, hoping he could hold up.

The mutant with he assault rifle got shot once in the shoulder and once in the head. Yusef, as soon as he popped out of cover, got two rounds to the ribs. The Vault armor stopped it, but Yusef would feel winded from the impact.The mutant, raging, bullrushes Yusef and Pizza, literally ripping apart their concrete cover before attempting to destroy Yusef with a swing to the head.

Merlin would find himself in the arms of a super mutant. Chuckling, the mutant would throw Merlin through the air... Right into one of the vats.

Yusef thought fast and attempted to dodge the blow by hopping back. Though when the mutant was charging like a bull, Yusef attempted to shoot the knee-caps to cripple. "Pizza you aren't helping!" He interpreted the situation as like a bullfight. It was a chaotic and insane situation somewhat suited for Yusef.

Yusef succeeded in dodging, as one of his shots missed, but the other dropped the Super mutant down to one knee. "COME HERE!" He roared, leaping at Yusef with an astonishing speed.

Merlin would be screaming in the vat, as the FEV forcibly rewrote his genetic code. His muscles warped and enlarged, his whole being felt like it was about to explode.

"NOO!" I yelled, as I saw Merlin getting tossed into the vat. I struggled, using my military training to keep focused, keep on target. But I began firing wildly into a group of Super Mutants, trying to incinerate them, any of them! Marcus popped up from his cover and plastered my area with laser bolts, pieces of leather armor started disintegrating as the wall next to me started getting destroyed. Meanwhile, a Super Mutant with a rifle would pick Rose up from the back, and attempt to slam her to the ground.

Lance spotted the super mutant coming at him just in time, swiftly ducking to the left and hopefully sending the mutant charging past him. Catching Franks' knife, he fell into a offensive stance, the blade pointed at the mutant.

"Huh. Me, with this butter knife, versus a green, seven-foot wall of muscle holding a big *vulgarity*in' sledge. This ain't fair."

He smirked. "You shoulda brought more guys."

As the shooting started, Roxy grabbed the knife and dived to the floor to get the hell out of the crossfire. She keepsa low as the warring sides exchange fire. She glances around, trying to spot the second group and where they were when she saw Rose lifted off the floor.

No you don't you f*cking scab, Roxy grunts. She had no intention of, letting her battle sister die. She jumped on the super mutant with intent to stab it at the base of the skull, if their phisiology wasn't too *vulgarity*ed up she might hit the brain stem.

Yusef laughed maniacally as he took advantage of the creature being knee-capped. The madman moved to dodge like a matador. The super mutant was like a bull to him. "I am the predator. You are my prey." Knowing there is one shot left, the rifle must be good at close quarters. He hit the enemy about 75% of the time. He sported a wide grin as he attempted to finish off the super mutant. One shot should be one kill. If Yusef fails the task, at least Pizza is competent enough to help or if Pizza gets killed, he can just loot his rifle. A shot to the shoulder, a shot to the face, and a shot to a kneecap at least injured the beast. The shot better count.

The mutant turned around after Lance evaded his swing. After hearing Lance's words, he got angry, "ME KILL KNIFE MAN!!!" He swung the super sledge in a horizontal arc parallel to the ground aimed at Lance's midsection.

I saw Roxy mount the mutant like a damn horse plunging her knife into his neck. The mutant backpedaled, not dead, attempting to smash Roxy to pieces against a wall. He was still grabbing Rose, choking her. I could take a shot at his arm, but he was moving fast, and with my not so spectacular aim with energy weapons, I had just as good a chance at hitting Rose. "Hold on!" I yelled, firing at a group of humans. One of them lumbered out in a suit of power armor.

V13_Power_Armor.jpg

"Shit," I managed to get out as he pulled out a grenade launcher. "Get dow-" I started to yell as the wall next to me exploded. Everything was ringing. I was firing wildly at the dizzying man in power armor. One of the bolts hits him, but does little damage.

Meanwhile, the mutant attacking Yusef grabs his gun, and bites through it, destroying the metal of the barrel. He was about to slam Yusef into the ground when he gets turned into a pile of green goop. The man who fired it grinned at Yusef.

Project_V13_concept_art_3.jpg

"Much appreciated!" Yusef thanked the man who saved his back. Yusef found the mutant who ate the gun as amusing. Perhaps the creature lacked iron in its diet. Finally Yusef gestured to Pizza to back him up. If he did not respond, Yusef would roll his eyes and consider Pizza useless.

The man grinned. Maniacally. His eyes flared up. He was definitely high on Psycho and Med-X. "WOOOOO!" He yelled as he started firing plasma from his left weapon and shotgun shells from his right.