Anthony Fremont vs. Chuck Shurley

MATCH SCORE
Anthony Fremont: 1
Chuck Shurley: 3

Batman vs. Lex Luthor

MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Lex Luthor: 3

The man with the flag turned towards Pizza. The others murmured amongst themselves, Pizza and Yusef could hear the word "Vault Dweller" thrown around alot. The man with the flag drew his pistol and aimed it at Pizza. "Who are you? Are you from the Vaults?"

Vaults? Pizza looked over to Yusef, who looked like he didn't know what the man was talking about either. Or maybe like he didn't care for the conversation, you could never really tell with him.

"No, we're not Vault dwellers," Pizza responded. "If you're talking about these uniforms, we lifted them off some corpses we saw a while ago, some sort of caravan that was hit by... I dunno. Criminals or something." He looked around at the ruins all around them. "We're not gonna hurt you, can you put down the gun?"

Roxy scracthes the back of her head, if these guys were trouble it'd be ebst to have them try to kill us from close range, there they might have a chance. She looks to Rose and nods.

"Let's do our best to avoid em, see if we can't find a small alleyway out. Otherwise if we're gonna fight, let's make sure they're within melee distance." she says, trying to get a good look at how those in front of them were equipped.

[[Perception check failed]]

Roxy wasn't able to see anything about the people (if they were "people") in front of them.

"Right. Let's just make sure these guys are friendly as we get closer." Rose nods back at Roxy, and then gestures to Merlin to follow and keep even lower. "Lead the way, Ma'am."

Sighing, I stay low and follow. Along the way, I quietly shuffle to trash and junk in the hopes of finding any type of weapon. Anything I can use to attack with, would work. I hope my luck breaks through.

The alleyways get extremely dark, fast, as overlying debris creates shadows. Also, the alleyways were twisting and turning, making it easy to get lost. They could hear a hissing sound. Rose manages to get lucky and find a lead pipe. The alleyways stunk, and were littered with skeletons.

"Ow.." Rose groans as she tripped over the lead pipe and fell. "Who leaves a...pipe?" She says as she picked it up. She turned to her comrades. "Hey, we can use that..I think. Though, I personally would use my fist...not really a clubbing kind of gal." She hands the pipe to Merlin. "What about y--" Rose hears the hissing sound. "Uh..you guys heard that too, right? RIght?!"

"Something's not right..." Yusef heard the hissing sound. Whatever is around, it was fortunate Rose found a lead pipe.

OOC: You're with Ruinus, not with Ham, Kwolf, and OMFG.

Roxy freezes on the hissing noises. She hardly lets Rose finish before answering.

"yep, we might've made a bit of a mistake coing in here." she mutters before looking deeper into the alleyay to see if she could see inside. If that wasn't an option she would turn back to the way they came. "Let's just...try and see if we can see who were sharing this place with." she says. She kicked around for any bones or dropped weapons she could use.

Roxy didn't find anything of interest except old nuka cola bottles and some trash. The hissing grew louder in a rising crescendo, when out from the shadows came a Centaur, it's disgusting mouth tentacles writhing.

CentaurCA.jpg

It came for Merlin first, Whipping its tentacles at a strike at Merlin's chest.

OOC: Ewww...and don't you mean Roxy? Or because...since she doesn't have any luck...it defaults to me? When looking for stuff.

Rose was going to say that there was nothing to be found, that is until, something from the deepest and darkest of nightmares emerged. She was stunned with what she saw, she even puked when she tried to scream, but when she saw the tentacle shoot out at Merlin, she took action.

Rose tackled Merlin to the floor trying to save him the initial attack. She helped him up and yelled to her comrades. "Run!"

OOC: Yeah, I meant Roxy.

The tongue hit Rose instead, striking against her abdomen. The initial strike wasn't that painful, but almost instantly Rose began to feel sick. Radiation damage. The Centaurs tentacles would wrap around Rose's wrists and legs, revealing a snapping mouth in the center.

Smiling, I happily accepted the Lead Pipe from Rose.

"Thanks!" I whisper with a smile, the hissing sound ringing in my ears, I think something must be leaking..Until..This..This Monster showed up.

It tried to hit me, but Rose saved me.

"God damn, you're ugly" I whisper from the ground, when I see it try to attack Rose. I saw it's tentacles were busy, so I aimed a powerful swing at the Centaur's, now revealed, mouth.

"Shit!" Roxy growls as she sees the creature. As Merlin goes for the creature's head she takes the direct approach and steps on the tentacles lowest to the ground with itent to squish em under her heel before trying to rip away the bindings on Rose's arms.

"Merlin be careful! Who knows what that f*ckin thing is."

The Centaur simply bit the pipe, ripping it in half and rendering the weapon useless. The Centaur then threw Rose onto Merlin. Meanwhile, the tentacle that Roxy was trying to step on curled around and wrapped around her ankle. With a tug, Roxy tripped and fell. The Centaurs other tentacles attempted to whip Rosy's face and chest. Worse still, voices could be heard. Whoever they saw in the street, they had certainly taken notice of the fight, and were on their way, friendly or hostile.

Vaults? Pizza looked over to Yusef, who looked like he didn't know what the man was talking about either. Or maybe like he didn't care for the conversation, you could never really tell with him.

"No, we're not Vault dwellers," Pizza responded. "If you're talking about these uniforms, we lifted them off some corpses we saw a while ago, some sort of caravan that was hit by... I dunno. Criminals or something." He looked around at the ruins all around them. "We're not gonna hurt you, can you put down the gun?"

"I wasn't worrying about you hitting me," the staff holder said with a smile. "If you are not vault dwellers, then where do you come from? Who do you work for?"

After a while of walking, Lance and Maxwell came across a man, seemingly hooked up to the city's old power lines.

9_powerup_S.jpg

He looked up the duo and laughed maniacally.

I come across a guy, he looks like he's hooked up to the power lines of the city, and blue electricity is crackling around him. He laughs at us, the laugh of someone who's batshit insane. "Err. Hello?" I say cautiously. The man disengages from the lines and walks towards us. I recognize the weapons on his hands. Prewar tech. Displacer gloves. Looks like they're juiced up too. They're hooked up to the backpack, which stores the power, via high voltage wires. The guy smiles, showing a crooked row of teeth, "They said I could never do it. HAHAHA! SURE PROVED THEM WRONG! FIRST MUTHA*vulgarity*IN VICTIMS RIGHT HERE WOHHHHOOOO!" Concussive force emanated from his gloves with a boom, knocking me and Lance back. I hit the ground with the wind knocked out of me. Damn. He was advancing, fast.

"No, I guess you aren't," Pizza said as he felt stupid. There was quite a gap between their group and him and Yusef and they had the guns, of course that trio wasn't in any danger. "Well, I come from California and my buddy here... well I'm not really sure about him. But I'm guess you meant where we're coming from, in that case, we woke up a bit out there in the desert, have no clue how we got there really. And we work for the Army."

"The Army? As in, the Pre-War army?" The flag holder soon doubled over and started laughing. "Everyone knows that the army was eradicated during the nuclear holocaust of 2077." He gestured to his 3 companions, who pulled out their weapons. Two of them were armed with two switchblades each, the third had a holdout silenced .22. "They're obviously batshit insane. Take them prisoner. We'll ask Arrayot what he wants with them."

The three men would approach Pizza and Yusef on guard (the guy with the gun in front, the guys with the knives on either side), and the guys with the knives would attempt to apply handcuffs to the duo's wrists, while the third person watched, gun ready.

OOC: Assuming "Rosy" is a typo of Roxy.

Roxy lands on her ass after her legs get whipped. Recent events having not helped her mood this was icing on the cake. She lays flat on her back to avoid the follow-up tentacle attacks. If that worked she would quickly reach her arms back for something solid; a rock, skull, fmeur, anything that would help hurt this thing. If she could do that then she would grip it tightly before popping back up with intent to beat the tentacle wrapped around her ankles into submission. If she couldn't find anything she would take her mails to where the tentacles were wrapped ando would try to pry it off as painfully as possible. If this thing thought it was gonna get an easy meal out of her it had another thing coming.

OOC: Whoops.

Roxy dodged some whips, but a tentacle would strike her in the stomach. Again, she would feel little pain, but would start to feel slightly nauseous. Roxy finds a rolling pin. The tentacle lets go from Roxy's hits, but the Centaur would then spit a ball of toxic, radioactive material at Roxy. The voices were getting closer, just around the corner now.

Pizza paled at his words, Nuclear holocaust? He glanced over at Yusef to see if his friend reacted. He swalled a lump in his throat, a nuclear war would certainly explain their surroundings, but who? Why? Who won? Was it limited to California, the entire US? Jesus Christ, the world? Those questions would have to wait, the three men advanced on them with weapons drawn and now they were his primary concern.

"Come on," he began to try to talk them out of this, or at least until he could think of something else to do. "Even if we were crazy in the head, we aren't violent crazy now are we? We didn't attack you or anything."

Worst came to worst and he'd try to get one of those knives away from them as they tried to cuff him.