Arthur Morgan: 10
Doc Holliday: 1

The Silver Surfer vs. Bills

MATCH SCORE
The Silver Surfer: 3
Bills: 4

IKA

DBZ feats! For those unaware.

Well I been reading the manga and when they fight Frieza King Kai also had telepathy. Also Goku uses it to tell Krillin and Gohan about the spirit ball when fighting Vegeta.

If you have read it you would see that Goku also uses TK in a lot of his fights and not to mention Tien, Chaitzu and Crane Master Shen.

So you read which parts that doesn't show that?

Right, the Kais. Forgot about them. <_< Anywho, instances where they have psychic abilities are rarely ever shown. Later in the manga, IIRC, they disappear entirely, even when it would have benefited the plot for them to retain these abilities. And I don't ever recall Goku using Telekinesis. Care to point out certain fights?

I've read chunks of it, but I was never able to get ahold of the whole series, unfortunately. I own Volumes 10, 12, 13, 15 and 17, and I've read quite a few of the other volumes when my library had them at the time.

I will find the part that shows Goku, it was when he uses TK to push his opponent through a moutain.

Chiatzu uses it when he fights Krillin, he uses it on Goku, general blue uses it

The fact is that they don't use it since it was meant to be linear. The video I posted is not in the manga?

I know lots of parts aren't but was that specific one left out?

No, the video you posted is pure filler. In the manga, they didn't even go into his mind, they just became microscopic, and traversed the spongy innards of Buu's body until they found Gotenks, Gohan and the rest in cocoons.

EDIT: Buu was able to form himself inside his own body on the same scale that Vegeta and Goku were on, however, but they were never in his mind.

EDIT2: Managed to watch the whole video. I'm horrible today. <_< Kay, what happened in the video and manga was basically the same, with the exception of any actual fighting, which never occurred in the manga, and the mind reading, which likewise never happened.

Actually in the fight with Frieza in the anime Frieza at one point I think hit Goku with a blast of TK when they were fighting in the air and Goku countered it pushing Frieza right back. This takes place before or after Frieza dropped an island on Goku.

• Like 1

Yeah, but, a lot of that fight was filler. Filler isn't canon. Or so I'm told.

I don't know where they got it was Filler because for the anime its canon. Maybe they were talking about as far as the manga.

That's pretty much how it goes. If it wasn't in the manga, but is present in the anime, it's dismissed as being non-canon.

Its not canon for the manga however its canon for the anime series. If we are talking the manga then its a different story. Since we are talking anime then yes it happened and its not just filler.

*Shrugs* From what I see, the discussion seems to be about the manga. Here's an idea, let's just add a separate entity for every manga character, who has an anime adaptation. One who has all the abilities from the manga, and another that has all the abilities from the anime. That'll put an end to this nonsense.

Now that I think about it though, does Dragon Ball have any sort of official canon policy? I think most of the "its not in the manga so it's not canon" is just fandom rule.

The Manga was the original work, and thus is the highest canon. Just like the Movies are the highest canon for Star Wars. Anything that contradicts the Manga(for DB) is non-canon. As long as it doesn't contradict the manga, then the anime is still canon.

For example: Goku's first Kamehameha. The anime version is non-canon, since it contradicts the Manga version(in the anime he, IIRC, destroys several naval battle ships. While in the manga, he merely damages a car).

Of course, that also gives the opportunity to use either the Manga version, or the Anime version of characters(though if nothing is stated, it's the canon versions, i.e. manga).

Just for the record, If I ever use a DBZ character in a match/rumble, I'm going to use the Anime version.

I agree I would never use the manga version as I grew up with the anime only. I am a huge fan of that more so than the manga merely because normally I would not really have gotten into DB if i only read it. In fact 99% of people probably only have seen the anime rather than reading it save for the fans that made it possible for Toriyama to even create the anime.

Given that we can "choose" to use the manga or anime version, I now stand a firm believer that if they so chose to use telepathy or telekinesis meaning with effort (they don't because it would have to be someone doing it to someone with less power levels to even make it possible, i.e. Frieza crushing Krillin with TK.)

No alot of people have read the manga. I prefer the original Dragonball manga over DBZ period.

Actually, Methos, I posted the correct video showing Goku's first Wave destroying a car. The one Pymp, or whoever it was, posted in that thread was incorrect. I can repost it here, when I get back to a computer.

Okay. I present, Goku's first Kamehameha Wave, anime style.

I didn't show the Kamehameha.

Oh and while damaging you say a lot of people read the manga is probably true, millions more saw the anime more and only.

I'm sure thats the reason most people know of Goku

Well, I can't seem to even find the post, where I posted this video before. So, I don't know who it was, that posted a different one.

Also, that was BBJ that said that. I've only read, like, the Android and Cell sagas, 'cause they were in Shonen Jump. (I miss Shonen Jump. :( ) Everything else I saw animated. And I saw the anime first.

Seriously... I went through my last 40 pages of posts TWICE! And I don't see this vid in any of them. This was either further back than I thought, or the topic was deleted.

I didn't even read this whole thing so someone might have put methos in his place, but being blurry on an old ass camera and being blurry tothe human eye are vastly different. Just sounds like he is one of these ppl that downplays DBZ feats.

I would say he doesn't downplay them, but takes the supposed powers of dc and marvel and uses it as absolute

Like Diana or Wonder Woman being able to take a punch from an earth shattering hit but get hurt by little bullets. Sirmethos in my eyes has great logic reasoning when it comes to comics and probably pretty smart overall.

Side note: since anime Goku can se telepathy fairly well and without trying and since Toriyama created the anime therefore dbz people have telepathy and telekinesis for sure

snip

Like Diana or Wonder Woman being able to take a punch from an earth shattering hit but get hurt by little bullets.

It's magic, it doesn't need to make sense, that's just how it is, Bullets are her kryptonite, so to speak, hopefully putting it that way will help you understand this relatively simple concept that you seem to have trouble grasping.

Actually "it's magic, it doesn't need to make sense" is not valid but only you trying to explain it without explaining it. It makes no sense since half of comics are crap and not worth debating over. DC especially, like some people saying that Deathstroke has FTL reflexes even though that's not possible since he himself is not anywhere near that speed

But if you pull that card, then about Broly only destroying the galaxy one planet at a time or solar system at a time would signify that he is millions of years old for him to be able to take out even 1/99th of a galaxy.

Oh and even I know that bullets aren't Wonder Woman's kryptonite. It's just that she isn't that powerful to begin with and people wank her all day