Ted Mosby vs. Lucifer

MATCH SCORE
Ted Mosby: 1
Lucifer: 5

Boba Fett vs. Road Runner

MATCH SCORE
Boba Fett: 2
Road Runner: 8

Mysteries Inc. vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Live Action)

MATCH SCORE
Mysteries Inc.: 13
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Live Action): 1

IKA

DBZ feats! For those unaware.

Personally, I don't consider GT legit but... Super Saiyan Four Goku didn't impress me when he was disabled by ice. Back when Goku trained in the outer reaches of the time chamber where the ice was forming faster than his aura could break it, he kept going. Up until Omega Shenron none of their power levels even seem close to Cell level, like it wasn't until the end Toei remembered these guys blow up planets through careless poweruse.

Since the movies aren't part of the regualr series plots, I think that Buu beating stronger fighters means that the movie versions of Goku and friends are stronger than the regular series, the movie just interpreted their power levels a different way or that the writers didn't have a good grasp on the concept of consistency. Regardless, it is not until Buu that we even have a non-movie character confirmed to destory a star. Buu destroyed a galaxies but did so off panel. For all we knew he spent a billion years destroying each star one at a time while he warred with the Kais.

And in Brolly's second appearance, which would be between Cell and Buu, he's able to overpower Goku and his two son's combined special attack at the same time until Trunks steps in, I'd say at the very least he's much stronger than Cell. Even if Gohan, who beat Cell by himself, had been "slacking off" Goku spent all those years training.

Maybe Brolly should be considered "weak" to later Dragon Ball characters, but his first on screen feat taken on its own puts him slightly below the likes of Marvel's Odin. If one simply read the Dragon Ball comic without ever watching the movies one probably wouldn't get the impression Goku ever had that kind of power, at least not until the Buu series, if you're really generous.

Vegito maybe, he powered through Super Buu's attack that was tearing at the seems of reality, I could buy him duplicating the feats in the films, but not Goku. Hatchyack is Brolly's equal, Janemba would be stronger than Broly by definition, and so would Gogeta but they're also movie only characters. In future Z discussions there should be a disclaimer to leave out movie feats unless using movie characters because I feel like Toei really let themselves go when making them and further that, just because a movie character beat weaker versions of the Z cast shouldn't mean they should be considered weak when fighting characters from other franchises on the CBUB(Brolly's record kind of speaks for itself).

Watching GT, I got the impression these guys were weaker than Cell, up until Nova Shenron was stated to have power that burned hotter than the sun. That was litterally the first time Super Saiyan Four Goku looked strong, when fighting him and then Goku's crippled by a little ice, less than he had to deal with at the start of the series when we were on Android Number eight. In that case it seems like Toei went too far in the opposite direction.

Since this thread seems to be doing feats in order, you missed Arale and Android #8's feats of strength by the way. The former head butted General Blue(the same Blue Tao killed) from China to Egypt and the latter knocked General white over the horizon.

Broly couldn't overpower Goku, Gohan, and Goten.

That is incorrect. He was over powering them, he only lost because Trunks interfered. He was tanking three planet busting attacks like it was nothing.

Trunk's small blast shouldn't even have bothered him. Also if Broly was as powerful as he was suppose to be he still should have overpowered them even after Trunks interfered. Broly before and after Trunks had enough time to completely destroy them.

Trunk's small blast shouldn't even have bothered him. Also if Broly was as powerful as he was suppose to be he still should have overpowered them even after Trunks interfered. Broly before and after Trunks had enough time to completely destroy them.

Nah, the blast had a huge impact on the outcome. Attacks like the Kamehameha stream from the users' hands. Broly's attacks leave his hand, so when the one hit Trunks' blast, none of his other attacks were hitting the Kamehameha. Don't forget that it is a movie. The villains have an hour or so to make their appearance and die. Where as other villains have entire sagas. That is why movie villains die in stupid ways.

Pretty sure that Broly "destroying the South Galaxy" stuff is bullshit, what with part of the movie taking place on a planet in the South Galaxy.

Broly destroyed most of the South Galaxy. But he did it one planet, one solar system, at a time.

Which either means that Brolly is thousands upon thousands years old, or DBZ galaxies are tiny as sh*t.

Which either means that Brolly is thousands upon thousands years old, or DBZ galaxies are tiny as sh*t.

The DBZ galaxies are pretty small.

In other words Broly didn't do anything Buu or other powerful villains couldn't do.

I would say the DBZ universe is just as big, but like Star Wars it only mentions a small portion

Oh and I think Broly did more like a chain reaction, causing a lot of suns to explode rather than an all encompassing blast that engulfed that galaxy, Broly cannot be that old or he is FTL

The universe(DBZ) only has, IIRC, 16 galaxies.

It is divided into 4 quadrants, and each quadrant(IIRC) has 4 galaxies(north galaxy, south galaxy, east galaxy and west galaxy). That's the entire DBZ universe.

Toriyama has said that that structure of the universe, was so it was easy to understand and keep track of, both for himself and for readers.

So yes, the DBZ universe is quite a bit smaller.

As for being FTL, the Saiyan transport pods are quite a bit FTL.

Master Roshi had an entire fight scene in less than a milisecond.

• 303300-1_thumb.jpg
  • 303301-2_thumb.jpg
  • 303302-3_thumb.jpg
  • 303303-4_thumb.jpg
  • 303304-5_thumb.jpg

• After being shot at, Roshi was able to turn around and catch 9 bullets.
  • 303306-rafal_thumb.jpg

He creates many after images.

• 303305-ro__thumb.gif

Roshi moved his hand so fast it created a wind so strong it blowed away a 70-80kg heavy superhuman and smashed him into a wall.

• 303307-rp_2_thumb.gif

Kid Goku (21. budokai) , and Namu who were both slower then Roshi were able to jump several km high in the air, a feat which requires a movement of legs much faster than the speed of sound.

• 303286-namu1_thumb.jpg
  • 303287-namu2_thumb.jpg
  • 303288-namu3_thumb.jpg

• Bora who was slower than Roshi was able to trow goku and yacharobe above clouds, which means he can move his hand faster than sound.
  • 2290091-bacio_thumb.jpg

• Tao Pai Pai was on par with Roshi, or slightly faster, and he throw a stone pillar 200+ km away a feat which would require massively hypersonic movement of hand.

• 303292-tao1_thumb.gif
  • 303293-tao2_thumb.gif
  • 303294-db08pg038_thumb.gif

From all of this I think it is safe to assume that Roshi is much faster than the sound.

Muten Roshi using a single strike to paralyze an opponent

240390-roshi_paralyzing_strike_super.gif

Oh and I think Broly did more like a chain reaction, causing a lot of suns to explode rather than an all encompassing blast that engulfed that galaxy, Broly cannot be that old or he is FTL

If I remember that video correctly, the galaxy starts "dissolving" (a star exploding-nova or supernova-would outshine the entire galaxy) and stars at the edge of the galactic disk dissolve as soon as stars at the center do, meaning that this chain reaction beam must have traveled those 100,000 light years (assuming DBZ galaxies are as big as ours) in a second. Which means that his chain reaction beam is moving at a speed 3,155,760,000,000 the speed of light.

That chain reaction attack must also somehow target stars and not anything else and still left planets (I guess the stars knew to not explode in the directions of their planetery systems) and left enough residue glow to allow parts of the movie to take place in the South Galaxy and not have it be a giant death void of freezing temperatures.

Or Broly didn't destroy anything and the whole "Broly destroyed a galaxy" is exaggerated metaphor by the announcer and King Kai. As Broly having the ability to destroy a galaxy like we'd believe from the movie intro would mean that he should have been untouchable by anyone in the cast.

Oh nevermind, in Japanese the narrator says "The South Galaxy is under attack!" Still the same gist, just with more specific words. Can't be "under attack" if it's already destroyed.

You watched DBZ... subbed? :mellow: I don't know who you are anymore.

You watched DBZ... subbed? :mellow: I don't know who you are anymore.

I did but only for that one particular debate a while back called Broly's Power is Maximum or something. I watch animu in English if possible, in Japanese with dubs if its the only way. I originally saw Dragon Ball in Spanish in Mexico.

I did but only for that one particular debate a while back called Broly's Power is Maximum or something. I watch animu in English if possible, in Japanese with dubs if its the only way. I originally saw Dragon Ball in Spanish in Mexico.

Ah. Cool. I remember when we lived in Arizona, they had a Spanish section in WalMart, and they had DBZ videos in it.

And I'm the same way. But... HOTD... I don't know. That dub is just... f*cked up. It makes me hate almost every single main character, which I loved in the Manga, and the subbed version. One of the very few times, I think I'll ever say to watch an anime subbed.

And FYI, that joke seems to have flown over your head. :P

Ah. Cool. I remember when we lived in Arizona, they had a Spanish section in WalMart, and they had DBZ videos in it.

And I'm the same way. But... HOTD... I don't know. That dub is just... f*cked up. It makes me hate almost every single main character, which I loved in the Manga, and the subbed version. One of the very few times, I think I'll ever say to watch an anime subbed.

And FYI, that joke seems to have flown over your head. :P

I meant Japanese with subs in my previous post. I'm not one of the anime fans that abhors English voices, I prefer watching things in the language I speak, unless I'm watching foreign films.

Is it the joke about how you don't know who I am anymore even though you never knew who I was?

Is it the joke about how you don't know who I am anymore even though you never knew who I was?

Heh. No. It just seemed, from your response, that you took my comment seriously.

I meant Japanese with subs in my previous post. I'm not one of the anime fans that abhors English voices, I prefer watching things in the language I speak, unless I'm watching foreign films.

Well, like I said, that one is an exception. I usually watch everything dubbed in English, too. And there's a good possibility that I ruined enjoying the anime for myself, by reading the manga first. You get an idea of what they should sound and act like, when reading it.

I've read plenty of other series, though, and then saw the anime, and didn't have a problem with it. *Shrugs* Bound to not like one, eventually, I guess.

I'd just like to say that the galaxy was visibly spinning during its destruction, meaning Broly destroyed it over a period of millions of years. :D Someone on another forum (SpaceBattles, IIRC) kindly pointed this out in a debate I was reading.

Anyways, Methos summed it up nicely for us already:

Broly destroyed most of the South Galaxy. But he did it one planet, one solar system, at a time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUORMvAFG4M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Is this canon? It shows Goku and Vegeta reading the mind of Buu. Not just communicating but seeing what happened in his life.

Mind you they barely try and don't need to concentrate or touch Buu.

This is proof that they don't just have telekinesis or just mind control or just communicating abilities

That's filler, and is not applicable to anything but the show.

Piccolo (to my knowledge) was the only character during the DBZ era to demonstrate a direct form of telepathy (when he called Gohan for help whilst being drained by the Dr. Gero android), and Freiza was the only character to display telekinetic abilities. Cell was, too, but only due to inheriting that trait from Freiza.

I'm getting this all from the manga I've read.

Well I been reading the manga and when they fight Frieza King Kai also had telepathy. Also Goku uses it to tell Krillin and Gohan about the spirit ball when fighting Vegeta.

If you have read it you would see that Goku also uses TK in a lot of his fights and not to mention Tien, Chaitzu and Crane Master Shen.

So you read which parts that doesn't show that?