Anakin Skywalker: 6
Reptile: 1

Gambit vs. Afro Samurai

MATCH SCORE
Gambit: 4
Afro Samurai: 7

I_KNOW_ALL

DBZ feats! For those unaware.

I'm an idiot because I don't see the correlation between two people going to fast and making this DB feat unimpressive.

Not the same feat, not even close to the same speed, and if you think them fighting that fast makes them anything close to it being a similar feat is nonsense.

In DB they can already dodge bullets so how is that a similar feat?

Am I wrong to say that you (sirmethos) is basically saying that since they (Jet) were moving to fast for a camera that it renders the DB as unimpressive?

If I am right in translating your "logic" then I fail to see how it is even a valid statement. And of course you have your rights to say so

Good lord...

The FEAT is unimpressive. Not the show, not the characters, this one FEAT. If you'd actually read people's posts rather than skimming them we wouldn't need to explain this so many times. How is it that everyone understands this but you?

• Like 1

I do, but I fail to see how that feat is unimpressive by jet Li having to re film his fight for being too fast!!

It's a bogus claim

No it's not. Okay. I'm going to lay this out plain for you.

The OP is trying to show that DBZ deserves respect when being talked about along with Superman and other super powered people. So what he does is post a feat of Goku going fast enough to be blurry on camera. However, regular real life humans can do that feat. So with that feat posted, the OP has proven that Goku is as fast as a human being. How is a human being supposed to stack up to Superman? He can't. So the OP posting Goku being blurry on camera is a bad feat to post.

• Like 1

I have read what everyone has said, how should I put it, it's a dumb reference on your part.

So because a human can be blurred on "real" camera you disregard a feat of a anime?

If a real human can spin so fast that a tornado is seen then I would agree but that was not the case. So therefore your claims are bogus as I said. Howcan you compare a toon to a real person??

Especially when both are different fears completely !??

Oh my *vulgarity*ing god.

He's not talking about the tornado feat, he's talking about this feat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLGtxpj-7CU (2:40)

Krillin and Jackie Chun fight so fast the audience can't see what's going on. Even played a game of Rock paper scissors.

Lol either way they weren't just faster than a camera could capture, jet Li did not move that fast guys. You guys will say anything!!

In that case show the part where Goku as a kid can move like a tornado, I'm sure krIllin and Chun can too, this feat is comical in nature as it was intended in the show itself

In other words this is them playing around whereas Jet Li and Chan are probably trying hard lol

It's a shame they dont' fight like that all the time.

It's a shame they dont' fight like that all the time.

They literally have a "super-speed" mode reserved for maneuvering around each other, and then hopping back into normal speed when they can get a strike in.

I think the point was made sloppily, but the Dragonball fans do have one. There is no "real world" equivalent to moving one's entire body so fast that it becomes impossible to follow. Hands and feet, maybe, but the "after image" technique is something children in the DBZ universe seem capable of mastering, and it pointedly requires no special power other than speed to accomplish. Jackie Chan is an incredibly fast martial artist, but Jackie Chan cannot do anything close to what is described in the Kuririn/Jackie Chun fight. The characters are already well beyond the limits of human abilities at that point. Now DBZ physics are really wonky and it could be argued that the fundamental properties of things like light and gravity make doing those things much easier than they would be in the DC comics universe, but Kid Goku routinely pulls feats of (short range) travel speed, reflexes, and agility which suggest that he's well beyond any of the dismissive downplay mentioned in this thread.

At the same time, Superman and J'onn could birth a main-sequence star using nothing but heat vision. There isn't an attack in all of Dragonball/Z/GT that could do that.

Thanks Ivan I guess you are right, the heat vision is just a beam of energy, I'm sure piccolo was doing that in DB as well, he even shoots it out his mouth, all offhand bodies can manipulate energy, hands, feet, body and have experience doing. Sirmethos stated that that feat is unimpressive, yet his point wasn't even valid in my opinion.

Note that Kid Goku can not only do the after image, but 7/8 as well and can keep his "images" still for quite some time.

Impressive...But most DBZ character still can not survive in the sun or in space. :P

The one thing I noticed in fights like Goku vs Superman, some people who think Goku isn't capable of light speed gives him an automatic loss. Even if he can't move that fast, I don't think that should give him a loss. Karate Kid used his martial arts to throw Superman around, and Superman is leagues above him physically. While Goku isn't as good of a martial artist(still really good) as Karate Kid, he is a lot closer physically. So people are saying Karate Kid can counter Superman's physical prowess with his martial arts, but Goku can't?

Goku was able to dodge lightning as a kid with a power level of 300(give or take). Speed of light travels 3,000 times faster than the speed of lightning. So, Goku would have to increase his power by 3,000. (In DBZ when you increase your power, you increase strength, speed, durability etc.) Which case by the time he is a super saiyan, his last official power levels was 150,000,000. So, personally I think by that time, he is capable of light speed.

That is supported by the fact that King Kai was capable of tracking Goku's ship moving at light speed, but could not follow Frieza and Goku's movements.

All in all I'd say the upper tier characters can move and react at the speed of light. Their travel speed isn't that fast because it wastes too much ki.

Maybe all this is pointless because pymp always argues for DBZ :( #DBZfanProblems

Hayes I do argue DBZ, for the same reason you are right now, that people discredit Goku ad yet give a vastly inferior person like Karate Kid more value, when in reality Goku would mop the floor with Karate kid. And I don't say Goku wins everytime, just when people say bias things against him or DBZ.

Oh and I could go all day about Martial Arts as most of you have no clue about them and yet say people like Catwoman or even Thor more credit in fighting than someone in Dbz where all they do is fight.

That's like saying Vale Tudo is less impressive than Karate even though most Vale Tudo fighters would defeat Karate Practitioners. The difference is that it's about the person not the style and Goku is a master of fighting, able to defeat a smarter Cell and Piccolo, and a stronger and faster Pikkon. Which shows his battle wits are on par with anyone. People like Karate Kid and Batman are great, but Batman uses his gadgets and stealth more so than his straight up fights. Skill is a term used here, but most people would consider a skill different than others, and which being bias makes it fact to some. Like Thor having "1000's" of years of experience and yet he loses to people with far less years of experience.

Like Thor having "1000's" of years of experience and yet he loses to people with far less years of experience.

I know, he should be some ultra genius, commanding general of battle. Cap should be Thor's apprentice, the guy has seen every war ever after all.

Okay, I wasn't nearly done posting Dragonball feats, I've just been jammed at work all week. However, let me clarify a few points that I seen.

Jackie Chan vs. Bruce Lee fought so fast (IN REAL LIFE NOT THE MOVIE!!!) that their moves couldn't be captured on tape, however in the Jackie Chun vs Krillin fight, they moved full movements and had a full fight in an instant, no one seen them move, it wasn't just blurry, they simply did NOT SEE AT ALL! They also stopped and played Rock paper scissors during that time which means they came to a dead stop but it lasted such a short amount of time it wasn't noticeable.

Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee pulled an amazing feat, but they neither replicated or came anywhere close to the feat that was shown.

To be fair, it's really unclear in the Manga whether that exchange actually took place or whether it was a bit of puffery by Kamesenin and his pupil.

The one thing I noticed in fights like Goku vs Superman, some people who think Goku isn't capable of light speed gives him an automatic loss. Even if he can't move that fast, I don't think that should give him a loss. Karate Kid used his martial arts to throw Superman around, and Superman is leagues above him physically. While Goku isn't as good of a martial artist(still really good) as Karate Kid, he is a lot closer physically. So people are saying Karate Kid can counter Superman's physical prowess with his martial arts, but Goku can't?

Goku was able to dodge lightning as a kid with a power level of 300(give or take). Speed of light travels 3,000 times faster than the speed of lightning. So, Goku would have to increase his power by 3,000. (In DBZ when you increase your power, you increase strength, speed, durability etc.) Which case by the time he is a super saiyan, his last official power levels was 150,000,000. So, personally I think by that time, he is capable of light speed.

That is supported by the fact that King Kai was capable of tracking Goku's ship moving at light speed, but could not follow Frieza and Goku's movements.

All in all I'd say the upper tier characters can move and react at the speed of light. Their travel speed isn't that fast because it wastes too much ki.

Maybe all this is pointless because pymp always argues for DBZ #DBZfanProblems

I already pointed out how comparing power levels and speed gradients is pointless. You don't mathematically know how ki increases translate to increases in physical capability, so any attempt to do so is pointless.

Tracking a pod travelling in space is not the same as tracking movement speed. We can visually track the movement of galaxies, which are moving away from eachother at speeds above light speed. We can't visually track a hummingbird's wings however.

Like Thor having "1000's" of years of experience and yet he loses to people with far less years of experience.

Why would his years of experience matter?

It wouldn't matte is what I am saying, people say Thor has 1000's of years experience therefore he is a better fighter is what I think is not accurate. My point is that natural ability and determination beats experience a lot of times, unless they are fairly evenly matched.

The number of years doesn't matter as to why Mexico beat Spain in war and USA beat UK in war even though both were "less" experienced and less armed.

Alright. I'm of the same opinion actually, people seem to think that experience is some linear progression with no cap, rather than something with diminishing returns.

General Tao kills General Blue in one strike... using his tongue

Is that from sheer power, or hitting a pressure point?