Alex Cross vs. Azazel

MATCH SCORE
Alex Cross: 2
Azazel: 4

Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. Bone Saw McGraw

MATCH SCORE
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 7
Bone Saw McGraw: 4

Bass Armstrong vs. Alex (Street Fighter)

MATCH SCORE
Bass Armstrong: 2
Alex (Street Fighter): 5

Dhalsim vs. Voldo

MATCH SCORE
Dhalsim: 4
Voldo: 3

Cindy Aurum vs. Deliah Blue

MATCH SCORE
Cindy Aurum: 4
Deliah Blue: 3

Yoshimitsu vs. Ryu Hayabusa

MATCH SCORE
Yoshimitsu: 1
Ryu Hayabusa: 5

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers vs. Ransik

MATCH SCORE
MIghty Morphin Power Rangers: 3
Ransik: 5

Sign in to follow this  
Fox

Poll: How Long should CBUB Matches run?

CBUB Matches: 5 Days or 3 Days?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. CBUB Matches: How long should they run?

• Five Days!
    • Three Days!

Some think 3 days. Some think 5 days.

Almond Joy has nuts. Mounds don't.

Psssssssh... Man, I don't know.

Five days gives me enough time to write up some new material without having to worry about someone beating me to the punch so... I'm gonna go with five days.

-Rakai'Thwei

I like the 5-day option, mainly because I can't really get on too much during the week, and by the weekend, the fights are already down

I'm actually on the fence with this one.

A five-day option allows more time for readers to ponder on, rate, and vote on a match. However, the three-day option would allow the lower-ranked users to potentially build their F.P.A.'s up more quickly.

So, I'm on the fence here.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think the three day option is best.

Heh, this vote may go on for awhile...

I like the 5-day option, mainly because I can't really get on too much during the week, and by the weekend, the fights are already down

I'm kind of on the fence, but I'd like to point out something here. If the match is started on a Monday, it'll still end before the weekend. Just saiyin. :P The only way to have them stay up long enough to last through the weekend, would be to extend the time they're up to a week.

Though, like DSkillz said, the longer the matches stay up, the longer it will take for new members to rank up. And if they want to do a 3x3 match, they'll be waiting awhile, and may even lose interest before they get there.

I agree with DSkillz on both accounts. a happy medium would be 4 days though.

4 days actually would be acceptable now that you mention it. But that's kind of a weird number so I don't see that happening. I like 5 days gives me time to get to reading stuff and think it over and debate. I think newcomers would benefit from that aspect too, probably even more so than building their FPA. Most people, I'm sure, would rather seem a lot of views and votes and comments than a high FPA.

Hmmm, this is a tough one. I think the 3 day turnaround is a bit more dynamic and can allow fav characters to be reused quickly. On the other hand the writers who take their time to create good matches do like to see their setups around for longer to attract more votes.

Impartial opinion is to consider what would be best for CBUB and that would be the 3 day turnaround. More chance of attracting new users, quicker progression via FPA and quicker turnaround of favourite characters. Vote: 3 days!

Personally, I think the 5 day model would be better, but I shall gladly admit that I am looking at it merely from a debating point of view, 5 days gives more views to an active match, and allows for a longer period of time to let a debate go on, possibly allowing you to convince your opponent that your point of view is the correct one.

However, from a writing point of view, I can see both good and bad things about it, It would allow the writers a longer time to think up the next match in an arc, if they have one in mind, however they would progress slower through the FPA system.

In the end, I think the main reason why I'm voting for the 5 day model, is because if the various users need to wait 5 days for their points to return to them, hopefully they will think a bit more about the matches they submit, and thus the quality of the matches will rise.

• Like 1

I'm kind of on the fence, but I'd like to point out something here. If the match is started on a Monday, it'll still end before the weekend.

Yeah, but I can see fights that started at any time past Monday. I never said it was perfect.

I am gone go with 5 days here with the way setups are now. People now can take there time to do a setup if they don't immediately post one right away and it gives people enough time to vote on matches as well as give there comments.

The people just finding out about this site might gain more interest with the speed of matches only lasting 3 days before newer ones come out, but on a writing and debating stand point I have to vote for the 5 day turnaround because it gives more time to research the characters, make solid debates, and gives the writer both time to think about their next matches and pressure to work harder on set-ups knowing it'll be up longer. It also gives newcomers time to have the vets chime in on more matches and give them a push in the right direction if needed.

I say 5-days

Wow. This poll is staying close, and I haven't even voted yet.

If this poll closes at a tie, a compromise may have to be made.

At the time I came in to do some maintenance, 5-days was ahead. So, I guess it is 5 days.

The points it takes to buy off an FPA will still return after three days, though.

Fox, I had a thought. Would it be possible for the match creator to choose how long they'd like to have the match run until? Like a new match creating option per say.

Fox, I had a thought. Would it be possible for the match creator to choose how long they'd like to have the match run until? Like a new match creating option per say.

Everything is possible! But today's minor update was probably the last I will be doing on the CBUB website for awhile - excluding any required bug fix.

How about giving the match creator the option of whether or not they would like a 3 day run or a 5 day run. Like, when you post the match, select which option you'd prefer.

Best of both worlds!

• Like 2

Already been decided, man. Check the posts here.

And next time, check the actual date of the last post to make sure the topic isn't old. EF's old thread necro bug is apparently back in effect.

Already been decided, man. Check the posts here.

And next time, check the actual date of the last post to make sure the topic isn't old. EF's old thread necro bug is apparently back in effect.

I like his idea though.

Is it something weird with polls, that keeps causing this topic to show as having a new post? Stupid...