By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 22 Match 17301 Medusa (Marvel) vs. Carmen Sandiego

MATCH SCORE
Medusa (Marvel): 0
Carmen Sandiego: 3

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 21 Match 17300 Ruby Rose vs. Tracer (Overwatch)

MATCH SCORE
Ruby Rose: 4
Tracer (Overwatch): 2

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 20 Match 17299 Cassie Cage vs. Trini Kwan

MATCH SCORE
Cassie Cage: 4
Trini Kwan: 1

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 19 Match 17298 Wednesday Addams vs. Chloe Bourgeois vs. Chel

MATCH SCORE
Wednesday Addams: 1
Chloe Bourgeois: 2
Chel: 1

By UMPIRE

Ash Crimson vs. Necalli

MATCH SCORE
Ash Crimson: 3
Necalli: 1

By UMPIRE

Black Widow vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Black Widow: 5
Cybermen (Mondasian): 1

By UMPIRE

Tula (Pirates Of Dark Water) vs. Zarana

MATCH SCORE
Tula (Pirates Of Dark Water): 4
Zarana: 2

By UMPIRE

Donatello (Mirage) vs. Jubei Yagyu

MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 4
Jubei Yagyu: 3

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 18 Match 17279 Chloe Bourgeois vs. Baby Doll vs. Ladybug

MATCH SCORE
Chloe Bourgeois: 1
Baby Doll: 0
Ladybug: 2

By UMPIRE

Minute Men (Kaiserreich) vs. The French Foreign Legion

MATCH SCORE
Minute Men (Kaiserreich): 1
The French Foreign Legion: 2

By UMPIRE

G.I. Joe vs. Zombies vs. The Super Hero Taisen Army

MATCH SCORE
G.I. Joe: 2
Zombies (Return of the Living Dead): 1
The Super Hero Taisen Universe: 5

By UMPIRE

Doctor Strange vs. Fat Buu

MATCH SCORE
Doctor Strange: 6
Fat Buu: 1

By UMPIRE

Space Jockey Alien vs. Astro Megazord

MATCH SCORE
Space Jockey Alien: 2
Astro Megazord: 4

By UMPIRE

Michelangelo (Mirage) vs. Galford D. Weller

MATCH SCORE
Michelangelo (Mirage): 6
Galford D. Weller: 3

By UMPIRE

Cybermen (Mondasian) vs. Agent Bishop

MATCH SCORE
Cybermen (Mondasian): 5
Agent Bishop: 1

By UMPIRE

King Triton vs. The Leviathan (Atlantis)

MATCH SCORE
King Triton: 6
The Leviathan (Atlantis): 1

By UMPIRE

Daredevil vs. Michael Myers

MATCH SCORE
Daredevil: 8
Michael Myers: 2

By UMPIRE

Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Haohmaru

MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 6
Haohmaru : 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Julian Bashir vs. Hawkeye Pierce

MATCH SCORE
Julian Bashir: 2
Hawkeye Pierce: 7

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Master Shifu vs. Eric Taylor

MATCH SCORE
Master Shifu: 2
Eric Taylor: 4

Do we need all 150 Pokemon?

Confession FPT

At the very least no seperate entries for military organizations. The Galactic Empire should be the single entry, stormtroopers, clone troopers, AT-AT, AT-ST, Star Destroyers, the Executor, Eclipse and Death Stars should all be deleted.

The Predators seem extremely excessive. I doubt anyone besides 1 or 2 people can determine the difference between any of those Predators. Its stupid. I disagree with Ruinus' idea, because it would make it harder for me to look for matches I would actually want to use. And besides, that means we couldn't do 1 variation of a character vs. another. what if I want to do a battle with Hal Jordan vs. Guy Gardner? Or what if I do a match with Hal and someone else wants to do one with Kilowog? Is it really fair that the person who wants to use Kilowog can't use him because someone else is using a completely different character?

But yeah, delete the Predators. That's just ridiculous. Half of those Preds don't even have enough screen time to be able to compare feats.

I feel like every thread I make always degenerates back to this topic xD

I know! This is about Poke'mon!

Do we need all 150?

Not necessarily, but every Poke'mon is different. If people want them, go ahead.

-Rakai'Thwei

Staying with the titled topic, I really don't see why not. I know nothing about Pokemon and half the time don't even know it's a pokemon in a match until I read up on it. Some of them are pretty interesting and I'm actually thinking of including them in my story.You never know who can come up with a good match for a weird character. Look at it this way. We stop adding characters, the variety goes down and we'll end up with Superman vs. Goku every week.

At the very least no seperate entries for military organizations. The Galactic Empire should be the single entry, stormtroopers, clone troopers, AT-AT, AT-ST, Star Destroyers, the Executor, Eclipse and Death Stars should all be deleted.

Getting mighty obsessive aren't we?

Getting mighty obsessive aren't we?

Well... ok, I admit I see the difference between, say Hal Jordan and John Stewart? (Is that his name?) Because those two are sufficiently different characters. The Predators not so much. But individual entries for different war machines in a single army? What's next, an entry fo the Scorpion MBT from Halo? One for the standard Cobra soldier and one for the Cobra soldier that rides a bike?

How so?

-Rakai'Thwei

Ok, keep in mind that I've only seen the movies, so I don't know about the Predators in comics/books, but at least the movie Predators are pretty interchangeable. For all intents and purposes they are the same guys, except they have different gears.

EDIT: By that I mean, someone could make a set up with the Predator from the first movie and say "Oh, and he has that spear gun and spear from Predator 2." And even though he could have simply used the Pred from the second movie, they function similarly enough that there's no difference.

Ok, keep in mind that I've only seen the movies, so I don't know about the Predators in comics/books, but at least the movie Predators are pretty interchangeable. For all intents and purposes they are the same guys, except they have different gears.

Well.... know what, I'm just gonna leave this alone.

Suddenly everyone is talking about Predators now. Why?

-Rakai'Thwei

I know! This is about Poke'mon!

Do we need all 150?

Not necessarily, but every Poke'mon is different. If people want them, go ahead.

-Rakai'Thwei

Actually, when I think about it Rakai and Seeker have a point. If the fans of Pokemon (or Predator, Green Lantern etc) want their fav character, then go ahead. It isn't really doing any harm.

I would say however that, like with Predators, it is nice having the "generic" character (the Predator entry) as well for the non-fans such as Ruinus mentions above (which also applies to me) to use.

Actually, when I think about it Rakai and Seeker have a point. If the fans of Pokemon (or Predator, Green Lantern etc) want their fav character, then go ahead. It isn't really doing any harm.

Yeah! I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal!

I would say however that, like with Predators, it is nice having the "generic" character (the Predator entry) as well for the non-fans such as Ruinus mentions above (which also applies to me) to use.

To someone who isn't as an invested fan of the characters like I am, it is somewhat hard to tell the difference. But there are indeed there, and they can be noted down but this topic isn't really talking about Predators, but Poke'mon, however the point is all the same.

If people want to have Poke'mon vs Poke'mon fights, fine!

If people want to do Predator vs Predator fights, fine!

-Rakai'Thwei

Well, the topic was certainly started with Pokemon in mind, but that same idea "Why have individual entries for individual Pokemon?" can easily translate into "Why have individual entries for each alternate reality version of Spiderman?"

Well, the topic was certainly started with Pokemon in mind, but that same idea "Why have individual entries for individual Pokemon?" can easily translate into "Why have individual entries for each alternate reality version of Spiderman?"

Yeah, this is definitely true. Definitely hard to argue that.

-Rakai'Thwei

When I first joined here, I thought it was weird to have a bunch of different versions of the same character Iron Spiderman, Symbiote Spiderman, Superman- Earth 2 Superman. But then as I thought about doing matches for them and symiote Spiderman is a lot easier to right as a villian than regular spidy. And they are definatly not the same.

Stil today there's a lot of, what I think to be, stupid characters in the database but I just ignore them. And so does everybody else. But sometimes, the person who put them in or a new person that just happens to know that character uses them in a good match. Then they magically pop up again! And then they end up with a record of 2 - 1 or something.

If figure, if they're in the database, somebody knows them.

• 1 month later...

I'd say, short answer is no. We do not need them all. We also don't need every alternate version of every character. Seriously, weather it's predators, pokemon, batman, superman, spiderman, anyone. I think just one entry for characters is fine if the only difference is adding on a couple of powers ups or weapons. Now, that's clearly doesn't apply to Pokemon and Predators, because the different ones are difference characters, but when it comes to massive groups it would work just as well to have a generic entry....

EXCEPT when you want to do Pokemon vs Pokemon. Predator vs Predator, or any other match like that. Now, I really don't foresee a whole lot of Pokemon vs Pokemon matches, so I don't think there's a lot need for them. Specially because, unless you want to add every version of each Pokemon we saw, there's no real character traits that define them. This is why Predator entries make more sense, and what I think it comes down to. While I personally can't tell you the difference between two Predators, Rakai and, possibly, some other super fans can.

So, to wrap up. In my opinion, no we don't need different entries for every Pokemon, but if you plan on making pokemon vs pokemon matches, then they won't hurt anyone (except for the reviewers).

I really don't know what's the issue here. People here don't use as much characters as they should. Here is a small list of characters that I added to the database that were never used by anyone other than me:

-Erin Winters

-The Companions (Doctor Who)

-Ace (Doctor Who)

-Romana

-Shade the Changing Man

-Battle Girl

-Agent L/Elle

-The Merry Men

-Princess Eilonwy

-Suika Ibuki

-Marisa Kirisame

-Patchouli Knowledge

-Akiha Tohno

-Remilia Scarlet

-Flandre Scarlet

-Dawn Summers

-Tia Dalma

So, if these alternate versions get added, only a few of them will actually be used in a match. When was the last time you saw Merlin from the BBC show or Peter Pan from "Peter Pan and the Pirates" in a match?

I really don't know what's the issue here. People here don't use as much characters as they should. Here is a small list of characters that I added to the database that were never used by anyone other than me:

-Erin Winters

-The Companions (Doctor Who)

-Ace (Doctor Who)

-Romana

-Erin Winters

-Shade the Changing Man

-Battle Girl

-Agent L/Elle

-The Merry Men

-Princess Eilonwy

-Suika Ibuki

-Marisa Kirisame

-Patchouli Knowledge

-Akiha Tohno

-Remilia Scarlet

-Flandre Scarlet

-Dawn Summers

-Tia Dalma

So, if these alternate versions get added, only a few of them will actually be used in a match. When was the last time you saw Merlin from the BBC show or Peter Pan from "Peter Pan and the Pirates" in a match?

Availibilty man. Availibility. I watched Peter Pan and the Pirates so I know exactly who that is but I have no desire to do a match for him. However, lets say somebody joins three days from now and uses the character and uses him well? We'd miss out on a great match because characters aren't availible.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get why you just look at it this way: Is it a character? Like, does it have stories that revolve around it and stuff. For instance, I'd assume the Pikachu in the database to specifically be the one from the TV show. The Psyduck is Mistys. The Jigglypuff is that one that followed them around everywhere.Legendaries are the ones in the films. Pikachu in the games aren't characters, Red and the other protagonists and villains are the characters. No point having, say, Machamp, because it's not a character in the games and not a significant part of the show.

Same goes for Predators. I can't tell the bloody difference between them, but if the fans know they're distinct characters then they're distinct characters, like Green Lanterns are.

I like having alternated versions of the same character. Let's say I want to make a match with Batman, he is not available so I could pick a different version of him and just state which version I like to use in the set up. If we do get rid of alternate versions, than I think multiple Test Character Zeros would be nice to have instead.