Dio Brando: 3

Samurai Jack vs. Furher King Bradley

MATCH SCORE
Samurai Jack: 7
Furher King Bradley: 6

Sign in to follow this  
Guest anu

A word on "thread necromancy"

You've gotta admit, though, a topic like this one, should probably be pinned.

Meh, maybe when I'm not so lazy. I'd probably have to add to my OP if I were going to pin this, anyway.

BTW, I don't really have much of a problem with necro-ing in an informative topic such as this one.

snip

BTW, I don't really have much of a problem with necro-ing in an informative topic such as this one.

Yeah, standards are good, but double standards are twice as good. <.<

When you say that necroing a thread is a bad thing, as your first post, it seems somewhat stupid to later say that necroing a slightly different thread is a good idea, especially when you say that if there's something releveant to be added to the discussion, the one who wishes to add it should simply create a new thread.

It doesn't hurt to have a thread that is resurrected to bring the issue up and explain it to a newer crop of members. While yes, there is a certain hypocrisy in DSkillz statement if you infer it that way and yes, a thread about necromancy getting necro'ed has a certain irony to it, it actually benefits those newer members. More so then pretty much any CBUB match get hit with necromancy.

Eh, Kain was already annoyed about "double standards", due to stuff on the chat. That annoyance, in part, lead to his post here.

It's not about fishing for an argument, it's about people being clear in what they say, and stick to it.

I completely agree with Kain though, that double-standards are *vulgarity*ing annoying, and a very fast way to lose some respect.

Eh, Kain was already annoyed about "double standards", due to stuff on the chat. That annoyance, in part, lead to his post here.

It's not about fishing for an argument, it's about people being clear in what they say, and stick to it.

Eh, I wasn't being serious when I said that. Just being a pest.

Yeah, standards are good, but double standards are twice as good. <.>

When you say that necroing a thread is a bad thing, as your first post, it seems somewhat stupid to later say that necroing a slightly different thread is a good idea, especially when you say that if there's something releveant to be added to the discussion, the one who wishes to add it should simply create a new thread.

See, now this is an example of why I would need to add something extra to my OP, especially if I wanted to pin this.

Alright, I'll get to it tomorrow.

Okay, I've just edited my first post here for clarity on certain things (I put the new text in italics).

BTW, is post editing a bit sluggish for anyone else today?