Raphael (Mirage): 6
Iori Yagami: 4

By UMPIRE

Michael Myers vs. Jason Voorhees

MATCH SCORE
Michael Myers: 0
Jason Voorhees: 4

By UMPIRE

Domino (Marvel Comics) vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Domino (Marvel Comics): 2
Cybermen (Mondasian): 3

By UMPIRE

Xu Wenwu vs. Sun Ce

MATCH SCORE
Xu Wenwu: 4
Sun Ce: 2

By UMPIRE

Bonne Jenet vs. Darli Dagger

MATCH SCORE
Bonne Jenet: 2
Darli Dagger: 6

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Clonetroopers vs. Orcs

MATCH SCORE
Clonetroopers: 0
Orcs: 11

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Lucky the Leprechaun vs. Willy the Hillbilly

MATCH SCORE
Lucky the Leprechaun: 9
Willy the Hillbilly: 2

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Copperhead vs. Shocker

MATCH SCORE
Copperhead: 5
Shocker: 6

By UMPIRE

12:15 - The Flash (Wally West) vs. Supergirl

MATCH SCORE
The Flash (Wally West): 4
Supergirl: 8

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Mandrill vs. Calender Man

MATCH SCORE
Mandrill: 7
Calender Man: 5

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Necrons vs. The Shi'ar Empire

MATCH SCORE
Necrons: 5
The Shi\'ar Empire: 8

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Mr. Peanut vs. Flo (Progressive)

MATCH SCORE
Mr. Peanut: 2
Flo (Progressive): 8

First Time Dungeon Master

Twogunkid

A few things.

First and foremost: Story trumps rules.

If the rules are interfering in the story telling, drop them, they are meant as guidelines rather than strict "laws" that must be obeyed.

Second: Listen to the players.

Iif they are interested in the game and having fun, they will mainly be talking about it, if they start talking about all sorts of other things, and keep talking about them, rather than about the game, you haven't caught their interest and need to change your approach.

Third: Be ready to improvise.

You can have prepared pages upon pages of carefully laid down plans and plot twists, however the first time the players actually get to do something, chances are they won't do what you were planning on them doing, and at that point you need to come up with something on the spot.

Forcing the players to follow the plot without leaving any room for improvisation usually leads to the players quitting the game, due to not having fun.

A few things.

First and foremost: Story trumps rules.

If the rules are interfering in the story telling, drop them, they are meant as guidelines rather than strict "laws" that must be obeyed.

Second: Listen to the players.

Iif they are interested in the game and having fun, they will mainly be talking about it, if they start talking about all sorts of other things, and keep talking about them, rather than about the game, you haven't caught their interest and need to change your approach.

Third: Be ready to improvise.

You can have prepared pages upon pages of carefully laid down plans and plot twists, however the first time the players actually get to do something, chances are they won't do what you were planning on them doing, and at that point you need to come up with something on the spot.

Forcing the players to follow the plot without leaving any room for improvisation usually leads to the players quitting the game, due to not having fun.

Yeah my playgroup is the kind of guys who will dig a tunnel before the answer a riddle to go through a door. I'm thinking as long as they can RP it decently I'll probably allow it.

Another thing you need to figure out, is to tailor your game to the group you will be playing with.

If your group is filled with people that prefer just killing random people over intricate puzzles, then you probably shouldn't create a vast labyrinth filled with puzzles for them to go through before they actually get to the action.

Secondly, set down some rules for when a problem arises, a rule that you have forgotten or something else.

Figure out if you want to hammer out the problem then and there, if so set down a time limit so it doesn't interfere with the game more than neccecary.

alternatively you could say that the problem will be put aside untill after this particular segment of the game, and then it will be discussed at length.

and finally you could go with the "I am the gm, my word is law" route, however that runs the risk of your players quitting the game, but if the players prefer swift decisions on the spot, sometimes that is what you have to do.

Let players roll 4d6 and drop lowest for their stats, that will get you off to a good start. Be merciful, I usually don't kill players unless they are a total dumbass. Like they go to 0 hp, I'll be like, "Ok, a wall collapses near you and you are alive but buried under rubble..."

Kainboa is right about story, that is the most essential part. Rules can be bent to fit the story's needs.

I took your advice. They do like being able to do anything. I am worried about all the NPC seduction attempts they are trying.

Also would you reccomend tougher single monsters or more numerous weaker monsters?

There are 6 PCs.

Ignore him. With six players, combat's already going to slog. Balance the party with a few good monsters, and maybe a few groups of minions or something to make them feel badass. Remember, a good encounter should be challenging, not impossible, and should under no conditions take six hours.

Other general tips: unless you're playing 1st ed. D&D, you are not the enemy of the players. You and the players are working together to tell a story. Making traps to kill them as soon as the enter the dungeon? Not cool.

And take advantage of what they do. They like seducing NPCs? Have the NPCs respond in kind. Maybe one of the wenches they're seducing is a spy for the villain. Maybe one of their previous conquests is going to be furious about their having a woman in every port. They are giving story hooks, man, and there's nothing better than when a character's behavior comes back to bite them in the ass.

Ignore him. With six players, combat's already going to slog. Balance the party with a few good monsters, and maybe a few groups of minions or something to make them feel badass. Remember, a good encounter should be challenging, not impossible, and should under no conditions take six hours.

Other general tips: unless you're playing 1st ed. D&D, you are not the enemy of the players. You and the players are working together to tell a story. Making traps to kill them as soon as the enter the dungeon? Not cool.

And take advantage of what they do. They like seducing NPCs? Have the NPCs respond in kind. Maybe one of the wenches they're seducing is a spy for the villain. Maybe one of their previous conquests is going to be furious about their having a woman in every port. They are giving story hooks, man, and there's nothing better than when a character's behavior comes back to bite them in the ass.

We are doing a slightly modified 3.5 (They wouldn't let me do 2). I like the monster idea should help with dungeon crawls if rather than a dozen skeletons they can fight one umber hulk or something. Also Thanks for the seduction advice I figured just having a jealous Captain of the guard start a brawl would get cliche after the first barmaid.