Alexandra Amberson: 4
Danger Room: 9

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Calender Man vs. Rainbow Archer

MATCH SCORE
Calender Man: 6
Rainbow Archer: 4

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Burger King vs. Flo (Progressive)

MATCH SCORE
The Burger King: 6
Flo (Progressive): 9

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Artemis vs. Odin

MATCH SCORE
Artemis: 5
Odin: 8

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Battle Droids vs. Clonetroopers

MATCH SCORE
Battle Droids: 0
Clonetroopers: 14

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Tallahassee (Zombie Land) vs. The Town of Silent Hill

MATCH SCORE
Tallahassee (Zombie Land): 4
The Town of Silent Hill: 7

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Overlook Hotel vs. Din Djarin

MATCH SCORE
The Overlook Hotel: 4
Din Djarin: 11

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Pele vs. Cúchulainn

MATCH SCORE
Pele: 5
Cúchulainn: 4

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Android 8 vs. Midnighter

MATCH SCORE
Android 8: 9
Midnighter: 3

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Flash (Wally West) vs. Superman

MATCH SCORE
The Flash (Wally West): 6
Superman: 7

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Invid vs. The Romulan Star Empire

MATCH SCORE
The Invid: 7
The Romulan Star Empire: 6

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Lucky the Leprechaun vs. Snap, Crackle, and Pop

MATCH SCORE
Lucky the Leprechaun: 7
Snap, Crackle, and Pop: 5

By UMPIRE

12:7 - The Qu (All Tomorrows) vs. The Cylons

MATCH SCORE
The Qu (All Tomorrows): 4
The Cylons: 8

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Michonne vs. Monster Island

MATCH SCORE
Michonne: 2
Monster Island: 11

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Apollo vs. Quetzalcoatl

MATCH SCORE
Apollo: 9
Quetzalcoatl: 2

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Tony the Tiger vs. Dig 'em Frog

MATCH SCORE
Tony the Tiger: 8
Dig 'em Frog: 3

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Scar (Disney) vs. David Xanatos

MATCH SCORE
Scar (Disney): 5
David Xanatos: 9

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Mario vs. Willy the Hillbilly

MATCH SCORE
Mario: 3
Willy the Hillbilly: 10

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Lara Croft vs. Xenomorph Prime

MATCH SCORE
Lara Croft: 7
Xenomorph Prime: 9

By UMPIRE

12:7 - Ryu vs. Sub-Zero

MATCH SCORE
Ryu: 7
Sub-Zero: 5

Green Lanterns vs Space Marine Primarchs

skadoosh

Green Lanterns: Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, Kilowog, Tomar-Re

vs

Space Marine Primarchs: Sanguinius, Lion El'Jonson, Leman Russ, Rogal Dorn, Roboute Guilliman

They are fighting to the death. They are fighting on Earth, starting in the Sahara Desert, and can travel to anywhere on the planet. They will all try to keep civilian casualties to a minimum. The Primarchs know that they are fighting powerful enemies, as do the Green Lanterns, but the Primarchs have three days to prepare for the fight. They can use any weapons and armor the Imperium has to offer, but no nukes, or anything similar, and can come up with whatever plan they think is best. These are the standard versions of all the Green Lanterns.

Opinions?

I think I'd need to know a little bit more on the Green Lanterns prior to commenting.

The main issue for them here is going to be Sanguinius. He's monsterously powerful and as far as the primarchs go is only behind a chaos powered Horus. Alpha level psykers are capable of ripping apart skyscraper sized warmachines, mountains and as the rulebook details even *planets*. In terms of power, Sanguinuis is well beyond even that.

If anybody can give me examples of how a Green Lanterns powers would hold up to something like that, I'd appreciate it.

As for the rest of the Primarchs, the Green Lanterns best bet would be to handle them at a distance. As far as their strength levels go I'd imagine that they're at least at Wonder Woman's level, though with a few of the feats Russ supposedly pulled off I think he's a lot closer to a very pissed off Green Hulk (manhandling island sized sea monsters and what not). They're also as martially skilled and as strategically capable as anyone in the database, seeing that this is Warhammer 40k we're talking about. As brothers with similar combat doctrines and who have fought together on numerous occasions, they're also going to be able to work in unision as well, if not better then the Green Lanterns.

But yeah, until somebody can tell me how the Lanterns are gonna stand up to Sanguinius, I'm gonna side with the Primarchs until further notice.

Green Lantern shields stand up to supernovas. Sorry, but it seems like you've underestimated the ring's powers. Hal Jordan himself can take out the opposing team with little difficulty.

Do you have anything to back this up? Not calling you a liar, but I remember a lot of instances where a Green Lantern's shield was busted by stuff a hell of a lot less powerful then an exploding star.

*Edit*

Scratch that, I dug up the feat. I keep forgetting that comics = inconsistant

Quick question.

How fast are the Lanterns when it comes to being using their rings? Your typical Space Marines are fast enough that a human would barely be able to follow their movements, with the Primarchs themselves being a hell of a lot faster. The explanation given for Deathstroke being able to defeat a Green Lantern was his enhanced speed and intelligence, something that your typical Space Marine also shares.

Unless there's some factor that prevents it, what's from stopping Sanguinius from using his powers to kill one or two of the Lanterns prior to them getting their shields up.

As for stopping the Emperor himself? No, you'd need at least Ion for that. Lanterns may be able to stop super novas, but there's a big difference between containing exploding stars and holding shut a warp storm (light years sized holes in reality) with your mind for ten thousand years, while also being able to create them at will. There's a reason that he's called the "God Emperor of Mankind".

*Quick Edit* Just realized that you guys are probably going to want a little more detail on the whole "cork the warp storm" thing. Well it goes like this. Back at the dawn of the Horus Heresy, Magnus the Red the Primarch of the Thousand Sons, was able to see Horus' betrayal through what he thought was newly strengthened by forbidden sorcery psyker powers.

In truth it was actually Tzeencht himself, the dark god of change. In a brilliant master stroke, Tzeencht revealed Horus' treachery to Magnus who he knew would only be able to warn his father of the betrayal through the use of his sorcery to contact him, via warp communication. This gave Tzeencht the ability to literally open a gateway smack dab in the Emperor's own throne room from the warp dimension. And once the gods of chaos open a warp gate, there ain't no permanently closing it even for a guy like the Emperor.

This is the hidden truth behind the original construction of the Golden Throne, which was built to channel the Emperor's psyker powers to keep said warp hole shut until they found out a way to deal with it. It involved him literally sitting on the damn thing. This was prior to the Emperor being mortally wounded by Horus, which is why he needs to feed off of psykers to stay alive as opposed to needing it as a power supply. He's the "God Emperor of Mankind", capable of forming warp storms with a thought. The only reason he didn't smite all his enemies during the Crusades was because that type of unrestrained use of his abilities would give the forces of chaos more doorways out of their dimension and into his. He don't need your stinking energy bars!

Anyway, back on track.

During the fight with Horus, the Emperor was mortally wounded. Normally, even with how powerful Horus had become, the Emperor would have wiped the floor with him. However, Horus was his son.. his eldest son.. and he knew that it was the influence of the warp rather then his own free will which turned Horus to chaos. It was only when a lone Adeptus Custodes (formerly a lone guardsman, but then Games Workshop retcons suck like) stepped between Horus and the Emperor, resulting in the former turning said Custodes into a fine red mist, that the Emperor stopped holding back. Horus never stood a chance from that point on and was killed very quickly by his father.

Thus he was found near death by Dorn (Imperial Fists Primarch), placed on the golden throne and for the last ten thousand years has been plugging up that warp hole with his godly butt, appearing in visions to his chosen few and guiding astropaths through the warp. On at least one occasion he has also directly intervened in warfare. This was when he created his own warp storm in the center of a heretical Lord of Terra's fleet during the age of apostasy, quite possibly the Imperium's darkest hour outside of the Horus Heresy itself.

So yeah, like I said, there's a reason he's called the "God Emperor".

*Second Edit - AKA "God damn I hate me some retcons"*

So I did a little digging on the current status of the Golden Throne's creation and found out that Games Workshop retconned it again shortly after I stopped keeping up with them on account of untalented hacks (Matt Ward and C.S Goto) taking a big old steamy poo on my childhood. As of the current edition, the golden throne was created originally to help the Emperor take advantage of the Eldar webway, a sub-dimensional super highway that would allow humanity faster interstellar travel, allowing his armies to respond near instantaneously to intergalactic threats.

The rest is pretty much the same. Magnus uses his sorcery to open a portal through the web way to warn daddy about big brothers betrayal, big horrific dark gods now have their own personal off ramp to Terra, Emperor needs to block it with his proverbial ass.

The explanation for how Deathstroke beat Kyle Rayner is that Kyle forgot he was a Green Lantern- aka it was massive PIS. A Green Lantern's protective barrier is up at all times, and they themselves can travel at superluminal speeds, plus they can teleport.

Hal Jordan defeated Krona while he was in possession of the 7 entities of the emotional spectrum. Each one of these entities is insanely powerful (Parallax with Hal Jordan as a host was stated by the Gaurdians to be powerful enough to kill everyone in the universe), not to mention that Krona is an insanely powerful cosmic level being by himself. Hal Jordan blasted Krona, killing him while he was in possession of all 7 entities. Yeah, imagine what he'd do to "The God Emperor".

The other three human Lanterns are almost as- if not just as- powerful as Hal.

The explanation for how Deathstroke beat Kyle Rayner is that Kyle forgot he was a Green Lantern- aka it was massive PIS. A Green Lantern's protective barrier is up at all times, and they themselves can travel at superluminal speeds, plus they can teleport.

Hal Jordan defeated Krona while he was in possession of the 7 entities of the emotional spectrum. Each one of these entities is insanely powerful (Parallax with Hal Jordan as a host was stated by the Gaurdians to be powerful enough to kill everyone in the universe), not to mention that Krona is an insanely powerful cosmic level being by himself. Hal Jordan blasted Krona, killing him while he was in possession of all 7 entities. Yeah, imagine what he'd do to "The God Emperor".

The other three human Lanterns are almost as- if not just as- powerful as Hal.

That really doesn't make much sense. How exactly did Hal, by himself, take out a being in control of all seven ring entities. From what I know of Green Lantern lore the entities are the source of the rings power. If that is true, then how is it possible that Hal was able to overpower Kronos with his standard armament and abilities while the later was literally wielding the source of said armament?

Hal Jordan beating Krona was PIS.

It would be like Silver Surfer beating Galactus, without using any external power-ups/power sources.

Alright, so pretty much the power of plot holes at work. Gotchya.

Well, even without that, Hal Jordan has beaten the entire Justice League single handed. His ring can close black holes, and keep in mind that a supernova is a galaxy-busting level of power.

A supernova is *not* capable of destroying an entire galaxy. It'll certainly obliterate multiple solar systems and the shockwave produced by the blast can travel for hundreds, if not thousands of light years. However, it'd have to be an extremely small galaxy for a single supernova to entirely destroy it. One a *lot* smaller in size then the Milky Way, which is over one hundred thousand light years in diameter.