By UMPIRE

11:6 - Doogie Howser vs. Beverly Crusher

MATCH SCORE
Doogie Howser: 1
Beverly Crusher: 10

By UMPIRE

11:6 - The Derelict (LV-426) vs. Penny (Inspector Gadget)

MATCH SCORE
The Derelict (LV-426): 8
Penny (Inspector Gadget): 4

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Catwoman vs. Arsene Lupin III

MATCH SCORE
Catwoman: 2
Arsene Lupin III: 9

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Tinker Bell vs. Princess Aurora

MATCH SCORE
Tinker Bell: 8
Princess Aurora: 4

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Batman (Richard Grayson) vs. Leonardo (TMNT)

MATCH SCORE
Batman (Richard Grayson): 3
Leonardo (TMNT): 8

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Neal Caffrey vs. Dominic Toretto

MATCH SCORE
Neal Caffrey: 10
Dominic Toretto: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - The Death Star vs. Ron Stoppable

MATCH SCORE
The Death Star: 4
Ron Stoppable: 10

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Anna Of Arendelle vs. Belle (Disney)

MATCH SCORE
Anna Of Arendelle: 12
Belle (Disney): 4

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Carlton Banks vs. Konohagakure

MATCH SCORE
Carlton Banks: 10
Konohagakure: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Tiana (Disney) vs. Pocahontas

MATCH SCORE
Tiana (Disney): 3
Pocahontas: 10

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Raphael (TMNT) vs. Lady Shiva

MATCH SCORE
Raphael (TMNT): 5
Lady Shiva: 9

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Snake-Eyes vs. Raiden (Metal Gear)

MATCH SCORE
Snake-Eyes: 4
Raiden (Metal Gear): 6

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Shinobi (Joe Musashi) vs. Michelangelo (1987)

MATCH SCORE
Shinobi (Joe Musashi): 6
Michelangelo (1987): 3

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Sir John Falstaff vs. Vice City

MATCH SCORE
Sir John Falstaff: 10
Vice City: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Arthur Morgan vs. Nathan Drake

MATCH SCORE
Arthur Morgan: 9
Nathan Drake: 2

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Dwight Schrute vs. Remnant

MATCH SCORE
Dwight Schrute: 4
Remnant: 6

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Master Splinter (TMNT) vs. Wildcat

MATCH SCORE
Master Splinter (TMNT): 5
Wildcat: 7

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Rapunzel vs. Megara (Disney)

MATCH SCORE
Rapunzel: 8
Megara (Disney): 3

By UMPIRE

11:6 - Robin Hood vs. Hasky

MATCH SCORE
Robin Hood: 3
Hasky: 7

By UMPIRE

Tournament - Jaws vs. Namora

MATCH SCORE
Jaws: 1
Namora: 5

Comic Books

Hayesmeister5651

The new Hyperion just recently in Avengers issue 4 in his backstory was powerful enough to keep two planets apart and survive 2 universes exploding. As far as I am concerned he surpassed alot of Sentry's feats. So far I like him and he has a good story to him. Does it borrow from Superman? Yea but so what as long as they develop him as a good character I am find.

He only survivefd a small fraction of it...

He only survived a small fraction of it...

Where did you read that? It says and shows you he survived two universes exploding. It showed him floating in nothingness afterwards. It tells you everybody died but him. He was then found and pulled into another universe.

When one looks at the feat more closely , Hyperion didn't literally survive those 2 universes colliding with each other. What happened was that after the planets touched each other, a domino effect was produced which destroyed the two realities . Hyperion himself only experienced a small part of the cascading explosion , the one which took place at the incursion point of the 2 Earths smashing against each other . He didn't tank the full scope of the chain reaction type blast which expanded until it destroyed both universes.

Did you read the scans or the comic? It's like your ignoring it and putting in your own opinion. Your arguing with Marvel who has it stated right there he survived two universes exploding. Not gone argue about that when it's right there.

"Everything died. Everything except him. "

Everything in the two universes died except Hyperion which they show you above. He was trapped in a nothingness because once the two universes were destroyed nothing was there.

Did you read the scans or the comic? It's like your ignoring it and putting in your own opinion. Your arguing with Marvel who has it stated right there he survived two universes exploding. Not gone argue about that when it's right there.

"Everything died. Everything except him. "

Everything in the two universes died except Hyperion which they show you above. He was trapped in a nothingness because once the two universes were destroyed nothing was there.

Did you not read what I said?

Here's something from Hickmans New Avengers material online(The writer of it)...

2845995-hyperion_universal_cascade02.png

Again he didn't tank the whole thing..

• Like 1

I can't freaking wait for Thanos Rising this coming Apirl...Thanos is one of my most favorite Marvel villains and now we are going to finally see his origins! :o

2814593-thanosrises_super_zps5e28c5b7.jpg

"The limited series will dive into the cosmic villain's earliest years on his home planet Titan and showcase the course of events that turned him into such a formidable foe. The timing couldn't be any better since so many people are now itching to learn more about Thanos after that mid-credit scene in The Avengers.

Aaron shared some details about the upcoming comic with Marvel.com."

This is not a super hero story. There are no good guys swooping in to save the day here. This is the origin story of a very bad dude. A cosmic mass murderer.

"Aaron also said he thinks run will stay true to Jim Starlin's original ideas for the Mad Titan while expanding on some parts of his origin, and even diving into Thanos' odd romantic history.

Thanos fans, are you psyched to see this team take a shot at the character?"

And to top it all its being written by Jason Aaron and the art by Simone Bianchi..All I can do is this...

23lntav.gif

OK, so the preceding discussion makes me glad I haven't tried out that new Avengers comic. Was kinda interested when they said Cannonball and Sunspot were joining the team, but the above lameness turns me off completely.

Now that I'm dabbling in super hero comics again, I've found a few worth buying on a monthly basis:

Hawkeye

FF (the new rebooted one with Ant Man and company)

Wolverine and the X-Men

X-Factor

Those clicked with me since they aren't afraid to have a sense of humor. Most of the other comics I've checked out in the past few months (other X-Men related stuff mostly) are way too dour and self-serious for me to take them seriously. I blogged about the two X-Men related comics a few months back here and here.

• 3 weeks later...

My roommate literally pulled an all-nighter reading Y the last man. Like, all of it.

I basically just did the same thing... It is a ridiculously good comic. I basically just went "oh, I'll just read one more" repeatedly until I was done, though I did it in a few hours over the course of two days. e.e There needs to be a TV show ASAP.

I'm currently reading my way through the comics on this list. http://www.comicvine.com/news/if-you-liked-the-walking-dead-you-should-read-these/142624/ Like I said, I devoured Y the Last Man, and also finally finished Preacher (also a ridiculously good comic). Might read Transmetropolitan next, considering all the admins gush about it here.

Ahh...Man. Who doesn't like Marvel Now? I know I am sure loving it to death...

1. Hickman writing the Avengers. Who doesn't like that? He's actually doing a good job. And he says there will be more stories taking place off of Earth and into the cosmics(finally)..

2. Bendis is off the Avengers...Thank God. He's on the X-Men now. Let him ruin that, heck X-Men is already a mess with different comic stories. So what the heck.

3. One of my favorite character Black Panther is getting a huge push. I mean he's now the leader the New Avengers(different Avengers team) and Hickman amped up his powers significantly. He also got his vibranium suit back BUT BETTER.

4. Hulk is looking great in Indestructible Hulk.

5. Thor another one of my favorite characters is actually looking like a 'god' and instead of a jobber sometimes. I trust Hickman with him, because Hickman stated he likes Thor. So we are going to see a lot of great things from Thor. Thor:God of Thunder is just amazing.

6. Iron Man's new armor is just freaking badass. I'm loving it.

7.Thanos Rising...You guys already know my opinion on that...Jason Aaron and Simone Binachi combo=Fangasm...Thanos is also another favorite of mines. Actually my most favorite villain. I know Thanos Rising will give Thanos some justice after that Abomination known as Avengers Assembled written by a certain writer...

8. Doctor Strange is Sorcerer Supreme again. And actually he was looking very powerful during his fight with the Avengers, just amazing.

9. New Hyperion is amazing! I love the art of him. Looks way cooler than Superman IMO. Even though I do like Superman. I hope the New Hyperion stays and gets a push.

10.Jean Grey is back. Don't really care...But still.

All I have to say is I'm loving Marvel Now. If you're not than I'm sorry. I might make a thread on this.

The farther I got in Preacher the more tiresome it was. I didn't like it that much, after about halfway into the second volume. Never finished. Transmetropolitan was a little too ludicrous for me. I get that that's part of the point, and that's how Jerusalem is meant to handle the environment he's in, but it's just kind of off-putting. Neil Gaiman is great. Has anyone seen his work on 2000 AD? It's... a different stance. Refreshing though.