Michelangelo (Mirage): 6
Galford D. Weller: 3

By UMPIRE

Cybermen (Mondasian) vs. Agent Bishop

MATCH SCORE
Cybermen (Mondasian): 5
Agent Bishop: 1

By UMPIRE

King Triton vs. The Leviathan (Atlantis)

MATCH SCORE
King Triton: 6
The Leviathan (Atlantis): 1

By UMPIRE

Daredevil vs. Michael Myers

MATCH SCORE
Daredevil: 8
Michael Myers: 2

By UMPIRE

Leonardo (Mirage) vs. Haohmaru

MATCH SCORE
Leonardo (Mirage): 6
Haohmaru : 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Julian Bashir vs. Hawkeye Pierce

MATCH SCORE
Julian Bashir: 2
Hawkeye Pierce: 7

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Master Shifu vs. Eric Taylor

MATCH SCORE
Master Shifu: 2
Eric Taylor: 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Ryu Hayabusa vs. Deathstroke

MATCH SCORE
Ryu Hayabusa: 3
Deathstroke: 4

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Arthur Morgan vs. Robin Hood

MATCH SCORE
Arthur Morgan: 1
Robin Hood: 5

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Kida vs. Princess Merida

MATCH SCORE
Kida: 3
Princess Merida: 6

By UMPIRE

11:11 - Puss in Boots (Shrek) vs. The Cube

MATCH SCORE
Puss in Boots (Shrek): 3
The Cube: 4

By UMPIRE

11:10 - Dr. Herbert West vs. Julian Bashir

MATCH SCORE
Dr. Herbert West: 7
Julian Bashir: 2

By UMPIRE

11:10 - Princess Merida vs. Princess Fiona

MATCH SCORE
Princess Merida: 8
Princess Fiona: 4

By UMPIRE

11:10 - Elektra vs. Ryu Hayabusa

MATCH SCORE
Elektra: 7
Ryu Hayabusa: 5

By UMPIRE

11:10 - Black Cat vs. Arsene Lupin III

MATCH SCORE
Black Cat: 7
Arsene Lupin III: 6

By UMPIRE

11:10 - Jumanji vs. Meowth

MATCH SCORE
Jumanji: 4
Meowth: 6

SLJ vs Syndicate vs AoM storyline

Ivan

This is an open call for a collaborative work of fiction involving three of the "official" FPL teams. There are three things needed:

1: Writers! The basic plot is decided, but we need writers to actually tell the story in an interesting way! This is a cooperative project, and I will be serving as Editor in Chief for this particular piece of fiction, so you'll be working directly with me on this. If that idea doesn't appeal to you, there are still several ways you can participate, such as...

2: Character creators! The SLJ spots are pretty much filled (using the Day Shift Sentinels for most of it,) but we still need to build a rag-tag Angels of Mercy cell. We will be accepting both Street and Global level submissions. We also need a few more Syndicate characters who don't mind taking orders. I'm also potentially looking for someone to create a very specific Syndicate member- depending on the outcome of an earlier conversation with treacherous. If you don't have time to create a character there is still a way to participate, which is...

3: Character cameo volunteers! There is no guarantee I can work every character into the story, and certain existing FPL characters likely wouldn't be seen in this particular story (as much as I love Incendia Os, there's little chance of seeing that character in this fic.) Anyone who volunteers a character, please also indicate the exact level of "abuse" you're willing to accept, i.e. can we kill/maim/imprison/humiliate/make fun of that character in the storyline context? It's hard to write an interesting story where everyone is a flawless badass all the time (see also: every CBUB RP ever,) but I also don't want to offend anyone. If, say, you are uncomfortable having your character portrayed as clumsy, inept, racist, foolish, dull, whiny, cowardly, drunk, etc please also express that. Please don't be offended if you volunteer a character and it doesn't get used!

The plan for now is to do one fic, with two sequels already scripted if I can get people on board for this! Here is the basic plot:

The Day Shift Sentinels have graduated from basic missions like street patrol and crowd control, and they're going on their first real mission- a "dust-up" of a mid-level Syndicate smuggling operation. These young SLJ grads are alert, organized, and powered up to go... too bad it seems like someone beat them to the punch! Time and again a fledgeling Angels of Mercy cell, armed with incredibly detailed information, scoops the Day Shift, rounding up the bad-guys and taking the credit, leading the SLJ to wonder just what is the connection between these two groups? The Syndicate is not an organization to sit idly by while a major source of revenue is in jeopardy, so they mobilize their own brand of protection. Now it looks like the Sentinels and the Syndicate are both out for answers, and the Angels of Mercy are caught in the middle!

(For those of you wondering... YES, this story will end with a three-way showdown between the groups. Hopefully that'll be enough to entice people to join us for part 2!)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit:

So I though about it a bit and I think I can help fill in a character you might need, Angels or Syndicate, global or street, whichever, and I can even take a section of the writing. I wouldn't be opposed to going first if other people don't want to.

As before, use any of my characters for the story if they'd fit. Feel free to murder or otherwise eliminate Fritz or Cameron Drake. I'd like to keep my other characters alive, (Becki's died enough as it is). Jill still remains a partial exception; she can be injured, tortured, crippled, driven insane, put into a wheelchair, etc, just not completely killed.

Having recently found myself with an abundance of free time, I'd like to take a swing at this, preferably with filling one of the missing character slots. And for point three, I haven't done jack squat with Xochitl after making him, so if people want to use him for cameo purposes in whatever form I'd be fine with and would even encourage it

I'd be willing to write and create. My only request is that I don't lead off the collaborative story. I'd rather pick up after at least one other person has established things, since these teams aren't what I usually write for. I'd rather see where things are going rather than go in one direction and have to change things up.

Count me in. If we have a low resivour of writers, I can volunteer myself, especially given I got Zach/Mammoth in dayshift. As for cameo's Robert and/or Connor should be good to go. Both Remington knuckleheads are pretty much bred to kick ass and take punishment so short of death/permanent crippling, feel free to smack em around as much as ya like, keep em around for a fight scene or just have them do exposition. Irish Fox/Connor is actually SLJ, so him bein around may make some more sense.

Also, ditto what Landon said about leading off for me.

Great response so far! Soberguy it would be awesome if Silver Siren could show up- that way we have someone to build the cell around. Treach, got your PM, everything looks good. Given what you told me, I think I'm going to still have someone create the Brute character and use Knox as a General rather than an enforcer.

I hope to have a synopsis of all the chapters up by Sunday evening, and then we'll go more in-depth on the plot points with writers or creators after that.

Here is a rough chapter-by-chapter breakdown of the plot. Certain bits I have specific people in mind for, some others are completely open. Some parts may be best served if written by multiple authors. I will write the Prologue and Epilogue, and serve as editor for the rest.

I'd really like Soberguy to write Chapter 4 (and oversee Chapter 1,) I'd love for ThreeDark to handle chapter 5, and I think Landon could pull off the anti-climax and bitter disappointment of Chapter 3. Chapters 6 and 7 will include multiple simultaneous scenes, and so they can have multiple writers. It would be cool if deo and treach could team up for chapter 2.

Chapter 1- Silver Siren buys a new phone in her civilian guise. When she turns it on for the first time, there is already an email from someone called Blue Dream that addresses her as Silver Siren. In order to protect her identity, she must follow specific, detailed instructions. She assembles her team.

Chapter 2- The Day Shift (with Becki back in action!) is on crowd control duty, using their powers to break up a minor scuffle after a sporting event. Thorn leads them and Wally observes. They get up to date intelligence from Takuro, the SLJ's resident supercomputer. The team members want to see more action and Wally announced the next mission will actually involve taking down some real criminals. He reads them the briefing- they have two hours to prepare themselves. The team meets back after the two hours, primed and ready to go.

Chapter 3- Wally leads the Day Shift members to the site of the Syndicate narcotics smuggling operation. As they arrive they notice things are not as they were described in the briefing. The mission is a bust- all the Syndicate members are beaten and subdued, and the media arrives before the Day Shift can spring into action. The media members immediately spot the calling card of Silver Siren, a mysterious vigilante. Generally confused and disappointed, the team returns to the SLJ. Alpha Control has another crowd control mission waiting for them.

Chapter 4- Days later, Siren is struggling with the new source of information- her team is taking down villains and gaining a fierce reputation, but at what price? Is she being manipulated to some greater end? Disguised in her civilian persona, she watches an interview with Wally where he is unable to explain or justify why the SLJ has gotten scooped twice in a row now by some anonymous vigilantes.

Chapter 5- Embarrassed by the interview, Wally goes on a hunt for clues. He is followed by Thorn, who is able to interpret a bad omen and suspects Wally of making the team look foolish. Thorn watches from the shadows as Wally monitors a dangerous Syndicate operation. A third, unknown viewer watches both of them, and clues the Syndicate brutes into their locations. Wally sacrifices himself to save Thorn, and is dragged into the open, beaten, and left for dead while Thorn escapes.

Chapter 6- Wally's body is found in the same manner as the first two groups of Syndicate villains- indicative of the AoM calling card. Siren is infuriated and accuses Blue Dream of setting her up. She decides her cell is going after the Syndicate on their own, having heard of a future large-scale operation. The Sentinels are on the hunt for Siren. Meanwhile, tired of being manipulated, and knowing there are now two groups of heroes headed their direction, the Syndicate moves to protect themselves.

Chapter 7- Showdown! The three groups face one-another. After a brief, spectacular battle, the Syndicate manages to cut their losses and run, trapping the AoM with the SLJ. Silver Siren and her comrades are taken into custody.

*snip*

This is interesting. Structured enough to keep it from being chaotic with the multiple authors but it leaves enough space for growth and new ideas/directions.

Like I said, all my characters are up for use so long as they're in-character. I see a few spots in that line-up they could certainly fit in. I'd be willing to pitch in to help with the writing where needed, whether it's giving advice or actually writing a small panel.

Looks good, can't wait for the sequel already :blink:. Yeah, I dont see much use for either Remington given it seems the SLJ section seems too tightly planned to fit connor in and Rob only really knows Redfield n Jill on the AoM side(if you or anyone else have something in mind regardless, let me know). Again, given that I have Zach in dayshift I can definitely take over writing any bit that'd be in his POV(at least) if the team seperated mid-combat in ch. 7, or something like that, Im not half bad for combat plotting in general if anyone needs suggestions for the big three-way-dance or flat-out needs someone to plan it I can draft a scene complete with highspots and interaction. Ditto for writing his perspective/reactions in ch 6. Though depending on how much detail is put into the search I'd trust anyone to write him a minor role, or at least give advice on what he'd do if we get too many entrees for that one(or any other chapter he'd be in).