By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 9 Match 17107 Chloe Bourgeois vs. Roxy Rocket vs. Red Claw

MATCH SCORE
Chloe Bourgeois: 3
Roxy Rocket: 2
Red Claw: 1

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Master Shifu vs. Ted Lasso

MATCH SCORE
Master Shifu: 6
Ted Lasso: 4

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Apollo Creed vs. Zordon of Eltar

MATCH SCORE
Apollo Creed: 6
Zordon of Eltar: 7

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Mercy (Overwatch) vs. The Holographic Doctor

MATCH SCORE
Mercy (Overwatch): 3
The Holographic Doctor: 8

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Middle-Earth vs. Mini-Me

MATCH SCORE
Middle-Earth: 3
Mini-Me: 9

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Mickey Goodmill vs. Phil (Disney)

MATCH SCORE
Mickey Goodmill: 8
Phil (Disney): 3

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Ethan Hunt vs. Carmen Sandiego

MATCH SCORE
Ethan Hunt: 2
Carmen Sandiego: 10

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Iroh vs. Sgt. Slaughter

MATCH SCORE
Iroh: 5
Sgt. Slaughter: 7

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Ratchet vs. Julian Bashir

MATCH SCORE
Ratchet: 4
Julian Bashir: 6

By UMPIRE

11:7 - President Thomas J. Whitmore vs. Master Roshi

MATCH SCORE
President Thomas J. Whitmore: 8
Master Roshi: 2

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Raccoon City vs. Bob (Agent of Hydra)

MATCH SCORE
Raccoon City: 7
Bob (Agent of Hydra): 4

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Hoth vs. Marco Diaz

MATCH SCORE
Hoth: 8
Marco Diaz: 1

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Amy Wong vs. Westview, New Jersey

MATCH SCORE
Amy Wong: 8
Westview, New Jersey: 2

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Rafiki vs. Gouken

MATCH SCORE
Rafiki: 6
Gouken: 3

By UMPIRE

11:7 - The Town of Silent Hill vs. Genie (Disney)

MATCH SCORE
The Town of Silent Hill: 2
Genie (Disney): 7

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Sasuke (Ganbare Goemon) vs. Genji

MATCH SCORE
Sasuke (Ganbare Goemon): 1
Genji: 7

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Kato vs. The Cube

MATCH SCORE
Kato: 4
The Cube: 6

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Dr. Gregory House vs. Bones McCoy

MATCH SCORE
Dr. Gregory House: 4
Bones McCoy: 6

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Vanellope Von Schweetz vs. Princess Calla

MATCH SCORE
Vanellope Von Schweetz: 9
Princess Calla: 3

By UMPIRE

Tournament - The Kraken (Clash of the Titans) vs. Midgard Serpent

MATCH SCORE
The Kraken (Clash of the Titans): 2
Midgard Serpent: 3

Match 9962 The Masked Mutant vs. Sailor Moon

Guest callisto

Guest callisto

Time and time again she had been thwarted, and she was growing tired of her domination over the planet. She had been waiting for over a millennia for universal conquest, and had once been stopped by the powerful Queen Serenity and the Silver Imperial Crystal. But that was a long time ago and now Queen Serenity had long since passed on. Never the less, Queen Beryl had to deal with a new problem in the form of Sailor Moon and her little meddling friends. And to top it off, she was not having something of a good day at all whatsoever. She sat in her throne, her crystal ball in front of her hands as she prepared to give an audience to one of her Generals. She had been growing rather quite impatient with Kunzite and his constant failures. How hard was it to so much as even stop a teenage girl and her little pesky friends? Of course, Beryl had to admit that sometimes even Jadeite, despite his lack of success, often had good ideas. And for the most part they had proven themselves to worked, but the problem was Sailor Moon. She had always been there to stop her plans for domination, and she would always be there until someone had put her out of commission. Beryl darted her eyes forward, watching as a young, well dressed man with long silvery hair-- dressed in a well pressed dark outfit and black shoes appeared before her. Kunzite had been granted his hearing and appeared to be holding within his hand some printed material of sorts. Beryl raised a brow, pondering what Jadeite had in mind that was so important to be granted a hearing. “Speak Jadeite, otherwise you are waiting whatever patience that I do not have much of!” Beryl snarled. Jadeite bowed, formally. A simple sign of respect towards the evil queen. “Queen Beryl, I have formulated a plan which will surely end Sailor Moon and her allies once and for all. In my hand, I hold what the humans call a comic book and--” Kunzite was immediately cut off. “You were granted an audience with me. You said you had a plan to formulate, and instead you come here showing me a stupid piece of printed material! Oh, please do tell me Kunzite, how do you plan to stop Sailor Moon with a stupid comic book? By giving her paper cuts?” Queen Beryl spoke, venom seething from her very words. “My Queen, if you will allow me to finish. Inside this comic book may lie a potential ally. You see, if we can bring a comic book character to life and have him jump out of the pages, there is a chance we can successfully destroy Sailor Moon. I say we bring the Masked Mutant to life, and he will do the work for us!” Kunzite offered. The General moved a hand forward, offering the comic book to Queen Beryl. She took it in her hands, opening the pages and reading through them, glancing at the artwork as it had depicted a menacing villain who was clad in blue and purple clothing, and wore a mask which was so very sinister. Much to Jadeite’s surprise, Queen Beryl grinned as she flipped through the pages, looking at how the Mutant was able to shape shift into solid objects, or mix and matches of animals as he man handled the hero, the Galloping Gazelle. Beryl nodded her head, showing approval of Kunzite’s vision. “I see where you are going with this Jadeite. Sailor Moon will not see this coming! And she will be too distracted to deal with us while she is kept occupied with this comic book character! Very well, Kunzite, your plan will go as proceeded!” With a wave of her hands, Beryl channeled her magic and energy through the crystal ball and it shot off a beam of light down towards the comic book. It illuminated on the cover of The Masked Mutant, the artwork glowing and pulsating with a violet colored energy. From the pages, a sign of life was visible, the cover stretched out like it was made of some sort of elastic. And then the face of the mask mutant pushed out, the character had literally jumped out of the pages. With a wheezing laughter, the purple and blue clad Supervillain had come to life and struck a dynamic pose. Beryl and Kunzite exchanged glances. They had a job for the Masked Mutant. --- School sucked, and it sucked even harder when Haruna-Sensei had given her detention. But at least she had paid off her debt and managed to get through the grueling two hours of extra school time which she had been spent studying, or rather was supposed to be studying anyway but instead she had managed to sneak in a Manga and read it behind her mathematics book. Tsukino Usagi had never really been a good student. She never really even studied, often fell asleep in class and spent her time reading nothing but manga and playing video games. But when she needed to be, she could be a very good and dependable, if not flaky, friend. Not to mention she was also the champion of love and justice, and in the name of the moon, she would right wrongs and triumph over evil. But right now, Usagi could just be Usagi. And having gotten off of detention had something of it’s merits. Often times, she stopped by at the local comic book store to pick up whatever Manga was there. They had Yu-Yu Hakusho, Dragonball Z, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, all the good stuff there. She trotted down the street, making her way over towards the shop and stepped through the open doors. “Alright! Let’s see what’s new here!” Usagi said with a smile as she looked down the racks which had numerous manga on them. So far they seemed to have nothing but back issues, and ones which she already had back home. A small frown appeared on her face, and Usagi kept on glancing through the aisles. She had stopped when coming across an unusual comic book, though it was not a manga. Definitely western, from the way it was printed and it’s obvious English lettering. But Usagi couldn’t help but feel interested in reading it, almost mesmerized by what she had seen. She had never really looked at a western publication before. Taking it, Usagi moved towards the cashier and paid for it. The clerk, a fat man who appeared to be in his late thirties and probably needed a bath as well, simply gave a nod to Usagi and gave her the exact change. With something to read, Tsukino Usagi ran out the door with the comic book in hand. She moved over towards the nearest bench and sat down to read her newest addition to her collection. Usagi glanced through the pages, the artwork was so very different from the styles she was used to seeing in her Manga. People were drawn more realistically, and the pages had vivid colors to them. She liked what she was seeing. The bus had arrived. Usagi put her comic book down and rushed towards the bus so she could get home. She could finish reading her comic book on the way. The doors opened and the young woman paid the fare so she could get passage on her way home. Usagi shuffled down the aisle and picked a seat. Sitting herself down, she began to read through the comic book. Her English was a little rusty, but she could read it. She was so enamored with the book, the characters and the environment. If only her life as a Sailor Senshi were this dynamic. Usagi looked up and stared out from the window noticing that she had missed her stop. She felt the vehicle coming to a stop and the driver opened the door. He turned to stare at her. “Last stop, kiddo! Ride ends here!” With that, Usagi stood up from her seat and walked down the aisle. She stepped out from the bus, found her self in an empty lot. Well, she knew this area well enough and could find her way home but it was going to take longer than having gotten off at her designated stop. Usagi proceeded ahead and widened her eyes as she had come to a stop. She couldn’t believe what she was seeing, Usagi flipped through the pages of her comic book. It was the same tall, purple building with neon lights inside of the book. “It can’t be, that’s impossible!” Usagi stammered. The girl stepped forward, drawing closer to the unusual, if not dynamic appearing building and peeked inside through a grated window. Inside was a brightly and vividly colored environment, the walls were purple with large purple colored pipes, some of them were even yellow. Usagi had to admit, the place looked like a big box of crayons on the inside. She turned around, trying to make sense of this as she proceeded on her way home. Usagi didn’t see, as the man inside of the building peered out from the same window she peered in. The Masked Mutant snarled evilly at first, then his face contorted to a twisted grin. He hissed out a wheeze at first but then burst into a full blown evil laughter as he pointed to Usagi, leaning his head back as he kept on with the sinister laughter. The Mutant teleported out from the building, re-appearing some ten feet away from Usagi. He shifted his form to resemble that of a policeman. With his plans to destroy Sailor Moon, the Masked Mutant began to follow her home. Perhaps this Sailor Moon would be a good character for his comic book series, a good foe for his stories.

Something not Predator related, and something of a stand alone fight. I wanted to give a debut to my favorite supervillain of all time, The Masked Mutant. I actually grew to liking The Masked Mutant when I first saw him in his debut in the television series of Goosebumps. He was an incredibly over the top and even downright funny supervillain, so I figured, why not give him a match.

Also, if anyone needs to know his abilities, I'll be more than happy to tell you.

-Rakai'Thwei

Oooo, tough here! Very tough.

I'll have to go with Sailor Moon, for dint of the fact that insofar as I recall, she fights all sorts and not just one kind of fixated villain. Hence, her mode of fighting is more "all-purpose."

I'll have to go with Sailor Moon, for dint of the fact that insofar as I recall, she fights all sorts and not just one kind of fixated villain. Hence, her mode of fighting is more "all-purpose."

Yes, Sailor Moon has fought all kinds of villains in the past, some of them were known to take human forms especially when necessary. She does have the experience as far as being in her field of work goes, though while not necessarily as grueling as the Marvel or DC heroes, she's pretty good at what she does.

But then again, this might be a tough one, since she will be literally fighting a guy who came straight out from a comic book.

Edit: Is that.. an... is that an Altair pony?!

-Rakai'Thwei

Great set-up, Rakai'Thwei! I give it a good.

Its been a long time since I have seen the Goosebumps episode with the Masked Mutant. But I do remember that the Masked Mutant was very dangerous. I think he will be too much for Sailor Moon to handle. So I’m going to vote for the Masked Mutant.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna need those before I can make a decision.

The Masked Mutant's abilities are:

-Shapeshifting: He can only transform himself into a solid object, surface, or any person and creature of any shape or size he so desires (within reason) which he so desires. He can even transform his limbs into animal parts. He can even turn himself into part of the environment if he wants.

-Varying Strength: This is more than likely sourced from his ability to shapeshift, though this would more than likely depend on whatever he's shape shifted into such as a particular animal.

-Varying Durability: This is more than likely sourced from his ability to shapeshift. If he wants to turn himself into a block of steel, he can actually do that if he wanted to.

-Weaknesses: The only confirmed weakness within the Goosebumps book, Attack of the Mutant, and even the series episode of the same name, is that he cannot turn into a liquid form. However, he can be tricked into turning into a liquid but if he does, Masked Mutant cannot reform into his natural form. In other words, he can turn into a solid and back, but when he turns into a liquid, he's dead.

-Rakai'Thwei

Hmm..those are some interesting abilities. I think I'm gonna go with Sailor Moon here also. With the different types of villians she's fought, I think she can beat this guy. It'll be close though. Cool match-up and well written set-up.

Hmm..those are some interesting abilities. I think I'm gonna go with Sailor Moon here also. With the different types of villians she's fought, I think she can beat this guy. It'll be close though. Cool match-up and well written set-up.

Fair enough! Thanks for commenting!

-Rakai'Thwei

Great set-up, Rakai'Thwei! I give it a good.

Its been a long time since I have seen the Goosebumps episode with the Masked Mutant. But I do remember that the Masked Mutant was very dangerous. I think he will be too much for Sailor Moon to handle. So I’m going to vote for the Masked Mutant.

How the hell did I miss this comment? Oh well, who cares!

Thanks for your input and thanks for commenting!

-Rakai'Thwei

The Masked Mutant is a comic book villain that can live outside the stories in the real world. Sailor Moon has face all kind of enemies that I think she can beat him. Even inside his world she can take him no matter what he does.

Fair enough!

At least you provided a reason here as to why she would win!

-Rakai'Thwei

Another great set-up, Rakai. After watching some vids of both characters, it appears that the Masked Mutant is maybe slightly tougher than the villains Sailor Moon faces regularly. Sailor Moon takes this with possibly some difficulty.

Another great set-up, Rakai. After watching some vids of both characters, it appears that the Masked Mutant is maybe slightly tougher than the villains Sailor Moon faces regularly. Sailor Moon takes this with possibly some difficulty.

Thanks for commenting here, DSkillz!

-Rakai'Thwei

This is CBUB Match number 9962.

The Masked Mutant vs. Sailor Moon

The Masked Mutant's abilities are:

-Shapeshifting: He can only transform himself into a solid object, surface, or any person and creature of any shape or size he so desires (within reason) which he so desires. He can even transform his limbs into animal parts. He can even turn himself into part of the environment if he wants.

-Varying Strength: This is more than likely sourced from his ability to shapeshift, though this would more than likely depend on whatever he's shape shifted into such as a particular animal.

-Varying Durability: This is more than likely sourced from his ability to shapeshift. If he wants to turn himself into a block of steel, he can actually do that if he wanted to.

-Weaknesses: The only confirmed weakness within the Goosebumps book, Attack of the Mutant, and even the series episode of the same name, is that he cannot turn into a liquid form. However, he can be tricked into turning into a liquid but if he does, Masked Mutant cannot reform into his natural form. In other words, he can turn into a solid and back, but when he turns into a liquid, he's dead.

Sounds like two fail characters.

But I'll just say Sailor Moon. Btw, Mutant's power seems to be one of the most useless that I have seen in a long while.

I haven't read the book though. Take my opinion however you want.

Sounds like two fail characters.

Given the fact that Sailor Moon was created for the Mahou Shoujou-Ai manga genre, not to mention given the fact that she started her heroine career out as a bumbling twat, who over time took her responsibilities more and developed as a genuine heroine while putting her life on the line facing demonic threats and cosmic entities... Hardly sounds like a fail character.

The Masked Mutant on the other hand, he was meant to be a comic book villain who had infiltrated the real world and threatened to take it over. Not to mention the very fact that he was written for a Young Adult's novel series which was intended to be a mixture of horror and humor, and being as he was intended to be, a comic book villain who tried to take over the world and his first act being stopping a kid who was a would-be superhero, probably doesn't qualify as a fail character in my book.

-Rakai'Thwei