The Kangaroo: 1
Calender Man: 8

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Segata Sanshiro vs. Count Chocula

MATCH SCORE
Segata Sanshiro: 5
Count Chocula: 4

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Martian Manhunter vs. Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)

MATCH SCORE
Martian Manhunter: 7
Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell): 5

By UMPIRE

12:6 - The Gregory House vs. John Connor

MATCH SCORE
The Gregory House: 4
John Connor: 6

By UMPIRE

12:6 - The Matrix vs. Alexa "Lex" Woods

MATCH SCORE
The Matrix: 4
Alexa "Lex" Woods: 10

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Skull Island vs. Alan Grant

MATCH SCORE
Skull Island: 3
Alan Grant: 12

By UMPIRE

12:6 - The Frieza Force vs. Phalanx

MATCH SCORE
The Frieza Force: 4
Phalanx: 7

By UMPIRE

12:6 - The Flood vs. Tyranids

MATCH SCORE
The Flood: 2
Tyranids: 8

By UMPIRE

12:6 - Gotham City Police Department vs. Cowboys

MATCH SCORE
Gotham City Police Department: 6
Cowboys: 4

Established Vampire Hunters

sirmethos

Well, near the end of the first movie, one of the evil vampires was torn apart by the Cullen Clan's teeth and claws, right? And in New Moon, another vampire is torn apart by the werewolf pack. If teeth and claws can cut them, I'm sure Rayne's blades (which cleave through muscle and bone without difficulty) could damage them significantly as well.

From Supernatural doesn't Sam's ability prevent mind reading/suggestion? I saw that one episode where that one kid could make people do things by telling them, and it didn't work on Sam, though it did on Dean.

From Supernatural doesn't Sam's ability prevent mind reading/suggestion? I saw that one episode where that one kid could make people do things by telling them, and it didn't work on Sam, though it did on Dean.

Sam's immunity is to demonic powers, which was what that kid's power was. Twilight vampires aren't demonic. It might protect him against the mind powers of the Buffy vampires though, since they are actually demonic in nature.

Well, near the end of the first movie, one of the evil vampires was torn apart by the Cullen Clan's teeth and claws, right? And in New Moon, another vampire is torn apart by the werewolf pack. If teeth and claws can cut them, I'm sure Rayne's blades (which cleave through muscle and bone without difficulty) could damage them significantly as well.

According to Stephanie Meyer, 'Their skin is like granite, and just as hard.' So I'm thinking to myself, "Anything that'll go through/cut granite will go through/cut these vamps."

Just saying. :lol:

A cannon thing from the Twilight universe is that "any kind of human weapon including bullets, bounces off of them without any pain or harm done."

It would take high levels of explosives(or possibly a customized, high-powered sniper rifle, but I'm not sure on that one), to kill one of them with human weaponry.

Essentially, when creating her vampires, aside from making them sparkly, she also made them damn near indestructible.

Even tearing a vampire into pieces isn't enough to kill it. "The only known way to kill a vampire is to to dismember his or her body and burn the remains before it can reconstruct itself."

They do have a certain weakness against fire though, since(according to meyers) "venom and venom-based fluids are very flammable." I.e. the blood of the vampires.

Yay! Another -vs- Twilight wanker battle!

Know who wins?

Edward Cullen.

'cause a woman who is stuck writing like a teenager made him uber-awesome and even if someone could beat him, she'd create time travel and re-write things to make Edward even more uber-awesome!

Stephanie Whatsherface is awesome like that!

/endantitwilightsarcasm

(No offense aimed at you either sirmethos)

-snip-

D (Vampire Hunter D) - Not so much. He runs into the exact same problem as people like Blade and Rayne.

Alucard (Hellsing) - Already mentioned in an earlier post.

Father Callahan (Salem's Lot and the Dark Tower) - Again, Not so much. Like D, Blade, Rayne, etc. he has nothing that can actually damage the sparkling buggers.

Solomon Kane - Same as D and Callahan.

Geralt (The Witcher) - I haven't played(or seen/read) enough The Witcher to say for sure, but from what I've seen, he runs into the same problem as the others.

Raziel (Legacy of Kain) - Very true, Raziel could kill the sparkling idiot relatively easily as far as I know.

Abraham Lincoln (Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter) - Same as D, Callahan, etc.

Jesus Christ (Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter) - Same as above.

Twilight vampires don't have the standard weakness against holy objects/power, which removes any advantage Callahan or Jesus might have.

Yay! Another -vs- Twilight wanker battle!

Know who wins?

Edward Cullen.

'cause a woman who is stuck writing like a teenager made him uber-awesome and even if someone could beat him, she'd create time travel and re-write things to make Edward even more uber-awesome!

Stephanie Whatsherface is awesome like that!

/endantitwilightsarcasm

(No offense aimed at you either sirmethos)

Hehe, none taken.

The reason I created this thread in the first place, is because people tend to(in any match created featuring Twilight vampires), instantly argue that the vampire loses, simply because they dislike the characters.

People being biased in the debates, annoy me. If people are biased they should stick to voting and/or a single comment. Thus, this thread to, despite my own dislike of the characters, show what the characters are actually capable of.

They do have a few distinct weaknesses(namely Fire, and raw superior power), but for the most part, Meyers actually succeeded in making a nearly unbeatable(at least by opponents in the same general power level as themselves) race of vampires.

The main problem(and main reason that the twilight vampire would win in most matches against opponents of equal or inferior power) is that people generally see matches as 'to the death'. And since the sparkling emos are nearly impossible to kill, that will eventually mean that the sparkling idiots win. While opponents of superior skill would have a chance of winning if the goal is simply to subdue or incapacitate them.

Again, I dislike bias in debates, it annoys me.

I have not read the twilight books, because, you know, I enjoy good writing. However due to my wife I have seen the movies and something always confused me. The vampires are supposed to have granite like skin and be almost indestructible, then why does the teeth of the shape changers, who are not even real werewolves, hurt them. Is it because of it being a supernatural weapon or is it just that the are rather strong? If either is the case then there are plenty of vampire hunters that would have a much better chance due to also having supernatural natural weapons or being even stronger.

Also I would like to add in:

The Technocracy, and many other more technology based hunters.

Also I would think that D would have a very good chance due to his other powers not just his sword and other few gadgets.

Ok, let's repeat some information that has been stated in this forum and several others involving the Twilight vamps.

Their skin is described as "granite-like". That is not the same as being granite. The reference is strictly to the texture and temperature of it, nothing else. Stephanie Meyer has stated that it would take "at least" a small explosion to even damage one of her vampires. The vampires fighting in the movie is non-cannon. Edward's head cracking like an egg, although satisfying, never happened in cannon. It was added strictly to make teenage girls cringe, and to make them hate the Volutri instantly.

The shifters in the Twilight series are designed to fight the vampires. Their teeth are the only weapons, aside from Twilight vampire teeth, that can pierce the skin of the undead. It is shown that real werewolves can do the same thing. Supernatural weaponry and super human strength are the only reason that the three species can even rip into skin. And, to be perfectly honest in the books the only way for vampires to kill each other is to rip them apart with their teeth. Even with all of their strength, they are still unable to truly harm each other with their fists.

I know the movies show differently, but what movie doesn't stray from the source material. Half breeds may, MAY, be able to injure a Twilight vamp with their teeth. But, it would depend on their level of strength and the type of vampire that they are.

True Blood vampires could probably injure one, but they are much easy to kill than Twilight Vampires. Buffy vamps might be able to, although I don't think they have the strength to do so. Not to mention they suffer the same weaknesses as True Blood vamps. Vampire Hunter D couldn't injure Edward with his sword, but his huge magic reservoir teamed up with his own teeth could pose a threat. Although we have no idea how magic effects Twilight characters, since it is never explored.

In the end it would take a very fast and strong hunter with impressive natural weapons of the supernatural influence (hope that makes sense) to even be in contention with the Twilight Vampires.

Ok, let's repeat some information that has been stated in this forum and several others involving the Twilight vamps.

Their skin is described as "granite-like". That is not the same as being granite. The reference is strictly to the texture and temperature of it, nothing else. Stephanie Meyer has stated that it would take "at least" a small explosion to even damage one of her vampires. The vampires fighting in the movie is non-cannon. Edward's head cracking like an egg, although satisfying, never happened in cannon. It was added strictly to make teenage girls cringe, and to make them hate the Volutri instantly.

The shifters in the Twilight series are designed to fight the vampires. Their teeth are the only weapons, aside from Twilight vampire teeth, that can pierce the skin of the undead. It is shown that real werewolves can do the same thing. Supernatural weaponry and super human strength are the only reason that the three species can even rip into skin. And, to be perfectly honest in the books the only way for vampires to kill each other is to rip them apart with their teeth. Even with all of their strength, they are still unable to truly harm each other with their fists.

I know the movies show differently, but what movie doesn't stray from the source material. Half breeds may, MAY, be able to injure a Twilight vamp with their teeth. But, it would depend on their level of strength and the type of vampire that they are.

True Blood vampires could probably injure one, but they are much easy to kill than Twilight Vampires. Buffy vamps might be able to, although I don't think they have the strength to do so. Not to mention they suffer the same weaknesses as True Blood vamps. Vampire Hunter D couldn't injure Edward with his sword, but his huge magic reservoir teamed up with his own teeth could pose a threat. Although we have no idea how magic effects Twilight characters, since it is never explored.

In the end it would take a very fast and strong hunter with impressive natural weapons of the supernatural influence (hope that makes sense) to even be in contention with the Twilight Vampires.

Finally someone that doesn't let bias(we pretty much all hate the sparkling idiots), get in the way of seeing the actual(insane) capabilities of the characters!

Pretty much any named vampire hunter from Legacy of Kain.

I'm one hundred percent confident that Malek would take out the entire Twilight character roster with minimal effort. But then all the pillar guardians are insanely powerful.