Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. Bone Saw McGraw

MATCH SCORE
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 7
Bone Saw McGraw: 4

Bass Armstrong vs. Alex (Street Fighter)

MATCH SCORE
Bass Armstrong: 2
Alex (Street Fighter): 5

Dhalsim vs. Voldo

MATCH SCORE
Dhalsim: 4
Voldo: 3

Cindy Aurum vs. Deliah Blue

MATCH SCORE
Cindy Aurum: 4
Deliah Blue: 3

Yoshimitsu vs. Ryu Hayabusa

MATCH SCORE
Yoshimitsu: 1
Ryu Hayabusa: 5

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers vs. Ransik

MATCH SCORE
MIghty Morphin Power Rangers: 3
Ransik: 5

Donatello (Mirage) vs. King (Art Of Fighting)

MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 17
King (Art Of Fighting): 4

Helena Douglas vs. Shermie

MATCH SCORE
Helena Douglas: 5
Shermie: 3

Spiral vs. Hundun

MATCH SCORE
Spiral: 4
Hundun: 1

Match Showdown 01 - Panty & Stocking VS Ronald McDonald

MATCH SCORE
Panty And Stocking: 8
Ronald McDonald: 1

Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Outstanding

The most powerful item of power in comic books?

Hello kind and wise members of EF. :P

I was curious: What is the most powerful item of power in comic books? It can be from any comic book universe (and don't let us catch you trying to sneak in items from fantasy fiction). Would it be Marvel's infinity gauntlet?

The almighty pencil. It can erase all the comic book universes, if it so desired.

The almighty pencil. It can erase all the comic book universes, if it so desired.

But doesn't that exist outside of comic book universes?

Sorry for the smart-alecky comment by the way. You may throw me in a vat of tar if you so desire (in preparation of the feathering).

Hello kind and wise members of EF. :P

I was curious: What is the most powerful item of power in comic books? It can be from any comic book universe (and don't let us catch you trying to sneak in items from fantasy fiction). Would it be Marvel's infinity gauntlet?

Depends.

In the DCU, the #1 ranked weapon WAS the GL Power Ring, but for all intents and purposes it'd probably now be the White Lantern Ring given that it runs off the power of creation.

I'll post some more later.

DRX! Your Australian overlords have allowed you to return to the EF! Man, I haven't seen you in forever. You've been missed. None of the other admins ever bother talking about comics.

... Well, Ivan does, but it's usually about non-Marvel/DC stuff. And he never talks about the comics themselves. <_<

Aaaannyways. To answer your question, Mr. O, the Marvel Universe's greatest item is the "Heart of the Universe". It allows the user to become the lord of all the Marvel-Multiverse, and can cause the complete destruction of this universe. Other noteable items include: The Infinity Gems, the Ultimate Nullifier, and the Twilight Sword.

Technically, The Dragonballs. And here's why.

Wish 1: I wish I had the heart of the universe!

Wish 2: I wish I had the infinity gauntlet!

Boom, infinite power.

However, seeing as you said only comics, I gotta go with the heart of the universe.

DRX! Your Australian overlords have allowed you to return to the EF! Man, I haven't seen you in forever. You've been missed. None of the other admins ever bother talking about comics.

... Well, Ivan does, but it's usually about non-Marvel/DC stuff. And he never talks about the comics themselves. <_<

Aaaannyways. To answer your question, Mr. O, the Marvel Universe's greatest item is the "Heart of the Universe". It allows the user to become the lord of all the Marvel-Multiverse, and can cause the complete destruction of this universe. Other noteable items include: The Infinity Gems, the Ultimate Nullifier, and the Twilight Sword.

THOTU is below TOAA and was retconned as below TLT

Technically, The Dragonballs. And here's why.

Wish 1: I wish I had the heart of the universe!

Wish 2: I wish I had the infinity gauntlet!

Boom, infinite power.

However, seeing as you said only comics, I gotta go with the heart of the universe.

Actually no that couldnt happen. THOTU and Infinity Guantlet exceed the power of any of the DBZ dragons can grant. There was lots of things the dargaons could not grant in the series alone, these objects as way out of the dragons scope.

Really? It got retconned? When?

Hmmm...

Really? It got retconned? When?

Hmmm...

The Heart of the Universe/Heart of the Infinite, has only ever appeared in the Marvel: The End mini-series, and in the series the holder of the HotU, was equal to the One-Above-All.

To the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been retconned, and even Marvel.com mentions the incident with the Heart of the Universe.

I'm willing to be convinced though, if someone can tell me the issue in which the retcon was shown.

Yeah, I believe that Adam Warlock after that storyline tracks Thanos down in the 616 universe, and Thanos reveals he didn't kill himself as he led us to believe in The End, and makes mention of the HotU.

Actually no that couldnt happen. THOTU and Infinity Guantlet exceed the power of any of the DBZ dragons can grant. There was lots of things the dargaons could not grant in the series alone, these objects as way out of the dragons scope.

Not if you were to use the Blackstar balls, unlike the regular ones they have no limit

I still say the regular ones could do it. I mean, yeah, each item is more powerful then the dragon, but I'm not asking him to destroy the item or something, just to transport it to me.

The Heart of the Universe/Heart of the Infinite, has only ever appeared in the Marvel: The End mini-series, and in the series the holder of the HotU, was equal to the One-Above-All.

To the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been retconned, and even Marvel.com mentions the incident with the Heart of the Universe.

I'm willing to be convinced though, if someone can tell me the issue in which the retcon was shown.

no it states clearly it is below TOAA and execs stated when it beat TLT it was only an Mbody.

no it states clearly it is below TOAA and execs stated when it beat TLT it was only an Mbody.

And as usual, you have no actual proof to back up your claim.

As I said, give me the issue of the comic where I can see it, or a link to the website where it is posted. Then I'll be willing to be convinced, but right now, it's just your word, against credible sources.

As already said, even Marvel.com makes mention of the Living Tribunal being beaten/absorbed, without any mention of it only being an M-body.

And in Marvel: The End. It shows the holder of the HotU as being equal to TOAA.

If it has actually being retconned, it'll be shown/mentioned in a comic, all you need to do is tell which issue it was shown/mentioned in. Then I'll do the reading myself.

And as usual, you have no actual proof to back up your claim.

As I said, give me the issue of the comic where I can see it, or a link to the website where it is posted. Then I'll be willing to be convinced, but right now, it's just your word, against credible sources.

As already said, even Marvel.com makes mention of the Living Tribunal being beaten/absorbed, without any mention of it only being an M-body.

And in Marvel: The End. It shows the holder of the HotU as being equal to TOAA.

If it has actually being retconned, it'll be shown/mentioned in a comic, all you need to do is tell which issue it was shown/mentioned in. Then I'll do the reading myself.

well to start just read up on it as it states it is a step below TOAA by various sources and the writer Starlin stated the same afterward. So again nice effort doing nothing. Oh and it was also stated Thanos was being guided something greater acorrding to Starlin in interview.

Also the end of the series made all events in the series null and void. It never happened anyway.

well to start just read up on it as it states it is a step below TOAA by various sources and the writer Starlin stated the same afterward. So again nice effort doing nothing. Oh and it was also stated Thanos was being guided something greater acorrding to Starlin in interview.

Also the end of the series made all events in the series null and void. It never happened anyway.

And again, your word, no proof.

Starlin left the project, and said that he would not be working for Marvel again in the future. So his word hardly counts as any kind of retcon, he definitely doesn't speak for Marvel Comics.

It is true though, that Thanos was being guided by something greater, but only in the way that the events had already been planned ahead, not a direct guiding hand. To repeat, during Marvel: The End, it was shown that Thanos was equal to TOAA. That was why he was able to see TOAA's plan guiding him, that was why he was able to see that he had no other course of action. And no, the end of the series did not render all events of the series null and void. Thanos destroying and re-creating the Marvel Multiverse, fixed a major flaw in the core fabric of the Multiverse.

Just like the HotU being more powerful than TLT, that is something that has not been retconned.

What the end of the series did dp. was remove the Memory of the events from the minds of the multiverse, because Thanos did not want anyone to remember that he had saved the multiverse. It did not remove the fact that it actually happened.

Anyway, I'm getting off track. Proof, it's not really that difficult.

You say it has been retconned. All you need to do, to make people believe it, is to give proof. I.e. the issue of the comic in which it was said/mentioned that it has been retconned, or a link to the website where it is said/mentioned. Simple as that.

Of course, personally I doubt that you'll be able to give any kind of proof, you usually can't. But you're very welcome to prove me wrong. <_<

And again, your word, no proof.

Starlin left the project, and said that he would not be working for Marvel again in the future. So his word hardly counts as any kind of retcon, he definitely doesn't speak for Marvel Comics.

It is true though, that Thanos was being guided by something greater, but only in the way that the events had already been planned ahead, not a direct guiding hand. To repeat, during Marvel: The End, it was shown that Thanos was equal to TOAA. That was why he was able to see TOAA's plan guiding him, that was why he was able to see that he had no other course of action. And no, the end of the series did not render all events of the series null and void. Thanos destroying and re-creating the Marvel Multiverse, fixed a major flaw in the core fabric of the Multiverse.

Just like the HotU being more powerful than TLT, that is something that has not been retconned.

What the end of the series did dp. was remove the Memory of the events from the minds of the multiverse, because Thanos did not want anyone to remember that he had saved the multiverse. It did not remove the fact that it actually happened.

Anyway, I'm getting off track. Proof, it's not really that difficult.

You say it has been retconned. All you need to do, to make people believe it, is to give proof. I.e. the issue of the comic in which it was said/mentioned that it has been retconned, or a link to the website where it is said/mentioned. Simple as that.

Of course, personally I doubt that you'll be able to give any kind of proof, you usually can't. But you're very welcome to prove me wrong. <_<

He was the writer he stated it, that is proof enough. Then all you have to do is check out Marvel.com and a few resources. You once again come up short. Oh and null and void means never happened.

He was the writer he stated it, that is proof enough. Then all you have to do is check out Marvel.com and a few resources. You once again come up short. Oh and null and void means never happened.

"When Thanos gained vast power again through the Heart of the Infinite, the Living Tribunal joined champions from across realities to challenge him. Thanos destroyed all that existed with his power, but subsequently had a change of heart and restored reality, ridding himself of his power; the re-created universe lacked the terminal flaw which Thanos had sought to cure." - Quote from Marvel.com

As I already said, yes, he re-created the universe, and removed any memory of it from the minds of all beings. But the major flaw in the fabric of the Multiverse, was still fixed. That =/= null and void.

And again, Starlin doesn't speak for Marvel Comics, since he doesn't work for them, and left the project before the series was finished, which caused it to be canceled. The reason he left was because he was not allowed to do with the series what he Wanted to do.

Thanos during the events of The End, was being guided, yes. But as I already said, which those that have read the series already know, is that he was guided by a plan, not by the actual being.

It has been directly stated, that the only being that is more powerful than TLT, is TOAA. And yet, the holder of the HotU, was clearly shown to be more powerful than TLT. Hence, the holder/wielder of the HotU gains power equal to TOAA.

And no, the HotU being more powerful than TLT, has not been retconned.

Oh, and you still haven't provided any kind of proof for any of your claims.

This thread hasn't been derailed at all.

Well as long as smart people are saying smart things about items of power, this thread is on rails enough for me. <_<

I'm still trying to figure out some of these tricky acronyms.