Doc Holliday: 1

The Silver Surfer vs. Bills

MATCH SCORE
The Silver Surfer: 3
Bills: 4

Sign in to follow this  
Hayesmeister5651

Lightsaber vs Adamantium

Could a lightsaber cut through adamantium, or would the adamantium just get hot and pass through?

Let's say Vader goes to strike Wolverine with the saber, and Logan puts his claws up, will they block it or will Logan get burned?

Could a lightsaber cut through adamantium, or would the adamantium just get hot and pass through?

Let's say Vader goes to strike Wolverine with the saber, and Logan puts his claws up, will they block it or will Logan get burned?

Can't adimantium melt since they had to melt it to put it in logan?

Adamantium is far stronger. Lightsabers are merely intense laser...

Hmm, good point

Adamantium is far stronger. Lightsabers are merely intense laser...

Adamantium is stronger in a way I dont think you could break a light saber (the actual blade) though but im not the biggest SWs fan.

Guest Ivan

I'd put Adamantium (even First Order Adamantium) on the order of Mandalorian Iron- which *can* be cut by lightsabers eventually, but it takes time and effort.

Vibranium vs Lightsaber, that's a different story entirely.

Lightsabers are merely intense laser...

They actually aren't laser at all. Most likely, they're some form of contained, super-heated plasma.

I'd guess that any writer would probably make adamantium impervious, or at least highly resistant to lightsaber.

Nope. Adamantium is virtually impossible to melt or destroy, outside of using vibranium's metal-penetrating properties. It's been through nuclear explosions and stayed completely intact.

As previously stated the most logical answer would be that under constant pressure eventually a Lightsaber blade would likely be able to harm adamantium. Of course this all depends on Primary or Secondary Adamantium. I assume for the purpose of this thread we are speaking about Primary Adamantium, which to my knowledge has only been harmed by cosmic forces or those able to change it at a molecular level. I could be wrong though, my memory is a little hazy.

Adamantium would eventually get hot enough and let the Lightsaber pass through, but it wouldn't break.

A quick description of (primary)Adamantium's properties:

"Adamantium is created through the mixing of certain chemical resins whose exact composition is a closely guarded government secret. For eight minutes after the resins are mixed, Adamantium can be molded if kept at a temperature of 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit. Its extremely stable molecular structure prevents it from being molded further, even if the temperature remains high enough to keep it in liquefied form. Hardened Adamantium can only be altered by rearrangement of its cellular structure. Given sufficient mass, Adamantium could survive a direct hit from a nuclear weapon or a blow from the most powerful superhuman. The only known substance able to pierce Adamantium is the compound known as Antarctic Vibranium, also called "anti-metal"." - Marvel.com

"Adamantium is created by mixing certain chemical resins together. The exact composition of these resins is a closely guarded secret of the United States government. When these resins are mixed and kept at a temperature of 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit, the resulting liquid can be cast or worked into a particular shape. After eight minutes, the mixture sets and becomes solid. Its molecular structure is extremely stable, and its shape can only be altered by precise molecular rearrangement. However, due to the sheer density of Adamantium, there are few known forces capable of altering it's molecular structure. " - Marvel.wikia

"Adamantium's extremely stable molecular structure prevents it from being further molded after its eight-minute initial time period, even if the temperature is high enough to keep it in its liquified form." - Wikipedia

Adamantium would eventually get hot enough and let the Lightsaber pass through, but it wouldn't break.

A quick description of (primary)Adamantium's properties:

"Adamantium is created through the mixing of certain chemical resins whose exact composition is a closely guarded government secret. For eight minutes after the resins are mixed, Adamantium can be molded if kept at a temperature of 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit. Its extremely stable molecular structure prevents it from being molded further, even if the temperature remains high enough to keep it in liquefied form. Hardened Adamantium can only be altered by rearrangement of its cellular structure. Given sufficient mass, Adamantium could survive a direct hit from a nuclear weapon or a blow from the most powerful superhuman. The only known substance able to pierce Adamantium is the compound known as Antarctic Vibranium, also called "anti-metal"." - Marvel.com

"Adamantium is created by mixing certain chemical resins together. The exact composition of these resins is a closely guarded secret of the United States government. When these resins are mixed and kept at a temperature of 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit, the resulting liquid can be cast or worked into a particular shape. After eight minutes, the mixture sets and becomes solid. Its molecular structure is extremely stable, and its shape can only be altered by precise molecular rearrangement. However, due to the sheer density of Adamantium, there are few known forces capable of altering it's molecular structure. " - Marvel.wikia

"Adamantium's extremely stable molecular structure prevents it from being further molded after its eight-minute initial time period, even if the temperature is high enough to keep it in its liquified form." - Wikipedia

Well lots of countries have an use it now it may have been a secret 30 years ago or more in the comics but everyone seems to be able to get their hands on it now.

I agrre with Mandalorian Iron being close to on par with Adamantium. Eventually I think a lightsaber would make it trough

how does madalorian iron stack up to Phrik and other similar metals

A lightsaber would not cut through Adamantium. The metal is nigh-indestructible, its survived temperatures and laser attacks that do the same, if not more, damage than a lightsaber, so it wouldnt break.

Haha, wikipedia, metal doesn't have a cellular structure. Or is that Marvel's fault?

metal doesn't have a cellular structure.

I just found my "stupid quote of the day."

Thank you for providing it.

There arent to many things a saber cant cut thro so i think that is could cut thro logan

I think the light saber would be equal to a light saber. However the Yellow Saber would cut through primary adamantium like butter.

Adamantium has been destroyed and yes I mean the primary version.

I think the light saber would be equal to a light saber. However the Yellow Saber would cut through primary adamantium like butter.

Huh?

Huh?

isn't there a yellow saber that could cut through any other lightsaber? that one could prob cut through adamantium

isn't there a yellow saber that could cut through any other lightsaber? that one could prob cut through adamantium

I'm not sure if it's yellow, but if you're talking about what I think you are, it causes other lightsabers to short out.That shouldn't affect metal the same way.

Who was it that was writing all the Green Lantern/Star Wars matches?

I have a question.. I know the lantern rings vary based on color... is it the same for lightsabers?

Who was it that was writing all the Green Lantern/Star Wars matches?

I have a question.. I know the lantern rings vary based on color... is it the same for lightsabers?

No. There are certain crystals that affect the blade properties and color, but, the color itself does nothing.

From Starwars The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology, p 56:

The lightsabre's jewels focus the power cell's energy charge into a tight parallel beam that emerges from the blade emitter as a vibrant blade of pure energy. The blade is a closed energy loop. It's amplitude determines when the energy beam arcs back to the negatively charged high-energy flux aperture that rings the the outer edge of the light sabre's concave disc.

Basically, given Adamantium's resistence to energy attacks, and the stated weakness of the light sabre against resistant metals, the blade should skate across the claws like a blast door. It would not stop against the claws like a barrier. Being an arc of energy, the blade has no mass to which to apply upward pressure. In fact, the claws may deflect the energy slightly, making it dangerous for both combatants.

From Starwars The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology, p 56:

The lightsabre's jewels focus the power cell's energy charge into a tight parallel beam that emerges from the blade emitter as a vibrant blade of pure energy. The blade is a closed energy loop. It's amplitude determines when the energy beam arcs back to the negatively charged high-energy flux aperture that rings the the outer edge of the light sabre's concave disc.

Basically, given Adamantium's resistence to energy attacks, and the stated weakness of the light sabre against resistant metals, the blade should skate across the claws like a blast door. It would not stop against the claws like a barrier. Being an arc of energy, the blade has no mass to which to apply upward pressure. In fact, the claws may deflect the energy slightly, making it dangerous for both combatants.

Erroneous, lol jk, but the blades would not deflect the saber, if anything they would just act like a sword would to a claw.

More than likely it would be like they both have adamantium or energy blades