Raphael (Mirage): 6
Iori Yagami: 4

By UMPIRE

Michael Myers vs. Jason Voorhees

MATCH SCORE
Michael Myers: 0
Jason Voorhees: 4

By UMPIRE

Domino (Marvel Comics) vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Domino (Marvel Comics): 2
Cybermen (Mondasian): 3

By UMPIRE

Xu Wenwu vs. Sun Ce

MATCH SCORE
Xu Wenwu: 4
Sun Ce: 2

By UMPIRE

Bonne Jenet vs. Darli Dagger

MATCH SCORE
Bonne Jenet: 2
Darli Dagger: 6

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Clonetroopers vs. Orcs

MATCH SCORE
Clonetroopers: 0
Orcs: 11

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Lucky the Leprechaun vs. Willy the Hillbilly

MATCH SCORE
Lucky the Leprechaun: 9
Willy the Hillbilly: 2

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Copperhead vs. Shocker

MATCH SCORE
Copperhead: 5
Shocker: 6

By UMPIRE

12:15 - The Flash (Wally West) vs. Supergirl

MATCH SCORE
The Flash (Wally West): 4
Supergirl: 8

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Mandrill vs. Calender Man

MATCH SCORE
Mandrill: 7
Calender Man: 5

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Necrons vs. The Shi'ar Empire

MATCH SCORE
Necrons: 5
The Shi\'ar Empire: 8

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Mr. Peanut vs. Flo (Progressive)

MATCH SCORE
Mr. Peanut: 2
Flo (Progressive): 8

New Doomsday feats

Flamon

No Watchmen?

And I read a little bit of it but honestly I just watched the movie which was awesome(and I know it doesn't live up to the novel) but I have soooooo many comics that I read its crazy. I work at borders so I get all the newest trades and comics PLUS all of the titles on my pull list at my comics store(which is just across the street) so unless its really really good then I go off of recommendations.

Eh. Kind of wish I had stopped reading after the first page.

Anyways, I agree with Ivan/Jaeger. I highly doubt Doomsday will stay like this. Also, the odds that Doomsday will go to "The Thing who Whooped the Outsiders" are pretty low.

Ok, my very first impression is that this is the kind of comic collection someone who shops at Borders, rather than an actual comic shop, would own. Heh. I'm just teasing, I know some people don't have awesome local shops, and/or only read really really mainstream superhero books. 400 comics? I know it's not a pissing contest, but that's not even a complete run of Amazing Spider-Man. It's not even close to all the X-Men comics written by Chris Claremont. I'm not mocking 400, but in the world of comics, that's any four popular Vertigo titles plus Astro City. It's great that you're 18 and you just started your comic collection. Hopefully as you mature, your tastes will evolve to match. I will say there are an awful lot of DC books on the list for a dude who is known for knocking DC as a company.

Kingdom Come- 1996

Battle for the Cowl- 2009

Second Coming- 2010

R.I.P batman- 2008

Hush- 2003

Dark reign- 2009

Secret Invasion- 2008

Seige- 2010

Chaos War- 2010

World war hulk- 2007

All Star Superman- 2005-2008

S/b Public Enemies- 2003

S/b Candor- (This is actually the title of a Supergirl collection, not Superman/Batman) 2007

S/b supergirl- 2008

Infinity Crisis- (Not sure if you mean Infinite Crisis or Identity Crisis) 2005 or 2004

S/b Vengence- 2006

Necrosha- 2009

Fall of the New Mutants- 2011 (Collection actually not published until three days after this post...)

World war Three- 2007

Hmmm... so every comic in your collection except Kingdom Come was written in the last ten years? No wonder your tastes and opinions seem so narrow and weird to me. No offense, but you got the shaft, as far as plots and characters go. No Claremont and Byrne? No Grant Morrison? And you call yourself and X-fan? Come ON bud! You're missing out on some of the best X Men comics ever written!

More to the point, though, is that, even among mainstream superhero comics from just two companies, you're not really collecting the noteworthy ones. Look at the last twelve months. Matt Fraction's Iron Man. Thor: The Mighty Avenger. Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin. Even if you're not interested in the best comic storylines of the last half-century, there are some really great current comics you could be spending your nickels and dimes on, rather than some subpar X-books.

If you want some awesome superhero stories, you would do well to look outside Marvel and DC. Invincible, Top Ten, and Astro City are all amazing choices. If that's too big a step for you, a copy of Mark Gruenwald's Squadron Supreme will serve as a stepping stone. These comics will help you transition from mediocre superhero comics to GREAT superhero comics.

If you want to expand your tastes a little more, you could pick up some Vertigo series. Sandman, Preacher, Fables, 100 Bullets, Hellblazer, Y: The Last Man, Lucifer, Transmetropolitan. Vertigo comics are like a gateway drug between superhero comics and truly amazing visual storytelling.

If you REALLY want your mind blown you should just go read all of Bone.

"but that's just my opinion"

-snip-

To add to Ivan's comment:

If you want to expand your comics taste(and knowledge), I can highly recommend looking at some older comics like Jonah Hex, Conan the Barbarian, The Phantom, Solomon Kane or Commando Comics, just to mention a few.

Commando Comics in particular is highly enjoyable and has a level of realism that most other comics don't, being based around actual historical events, namely World Wars 1 and 2.

Finally, while I don't exactly agree that Bone is the greatest there is, it is nonetheless both enjoyable and highly amusing.

Nothing I could add to this conversation except two things:

1: I disagree with the idea that only feats and powers count in a fight. The character's background matters a LOT. There are countless variables outside mere abilities that can affect the outcome of a battle, such as the character's personal experiences with people like their opponent, how they've fared in a similar situation before and what their reaction to it might be this time around. Even their political stance can become important. There are much more interesting points to discuss, powers being just one, rather dull aspect of the fight. What I'd like to see more of are comments that take a stance on how the fight might turn out, how it starts, runs, and finishes in their mind, instead of just writing down the name of their candidate and clicking "Add reply". Of course, many posters don't consider such issues, and some have even taken offense to the idea that there's anything more than just powers and skills to consider. One reply to my comment, by the writer of the match no less, went something like this: "omg your stupid i dont care bout that i jsut wanna now who would win in a fihgt". I didn't bother them any further.

2: Bone is awesome.

I know I posted this before but allow me to do it again.

I love new avengers

I think this X-men roster is the best its been and I can explain why if you like in detail.

X-23 is a great character

I hate Daken(though I have been following his stories)

I think skaar is OK at best.

I love cyclops as a leader

(Amadeus ChoYI am not the only person who thinks he is kind of dumb? And honestly you don't think the chocolate thing is a bit much? Have you read the comics with him in it? I have ALL of the mighty avengers and I STILL feel the same way.

Fantomex is a character that I want to see more of and to understand

Hope is a great idea.

Jessica jones and luke cages relationship I like and would want to see more of her as well.

Avengers academy is just HORRIBLE to me.

Chaos war STARTED out good to me then fell off.

Angel is a great character to me with his whole bad side thing.

Young Avengers and runaways are boring to me

Second coming was one of the best stories I have read in a long time away from kingdom come and dark reign

And last but not least I actually prefer the old X-Force(warpath, wolverine, X-23, angel, domino) over this on out. Old X-force(a 10/10 this one 7/10. Still good and I still have them in my pull list

I have a great comic shop across the street which in my last post I said I have a pull list. I work at borders and get trades and comics from there because I get a discount! Lol. For the things that borders doesn't get I go to the comic shop.

And yes I have 400 comics now but that's not all I have had. I had wayyyyy more but our attic was rained in so I lost tons of them. I had X-men comics going back to the phalanx saga back when the roster for X-men still had the blue and yellow and rouge had ms.marvel powers. I have read tons of chris clairmonts classic X-menw and still think I like this roster more. I had X-force comics back when it was domino and cannonball on the team. Not to mention the whole onslaught series . So yeah I maybe 18 but I (would ) have a even bigger collection. Even back when X-Men had morrow and maggot on the team. And I don't hate DC I prefer marvel because I like the characters more. And even back then I had superman comics when he was killed by doomsday and was the energy manipulator (blue). And as far as graphic novels I just started on walking dead and worm world saga.

Oh and most of all. Back when it was out Souverign 7 was one of my favorites! I loved the one where you see darkseid walking into a coffee shop and saying the coffee was good! Lmao.

Oh and most of all. Back when it was out Souverign 7 was one of my favorites! I loved the one where you see darkseid walking into a coffee shop and saying the coffee was good! Lmao.

I personally think Angel's kinda weird. Not the character, but how Marvel is using him. According to my "Marvel Events" app on my iPhone, Angel is supposed to be the centerpoint for the next development in X-Men, where they go back to AoA or something like that, its called the Dark Angel Saga. It just seems like kind of a random character to entrust with the nex big thing going on in X-Men. But, hell, maybe it'll turn out amazing, who knows.

For one I'm never near my computer so I post from my blackberry and the font is so small I can't see it. Or I'm at work typing in a hurry. So please save the jokes.

I was dead serious...the way you type is akin to Dark Prince and others who are 12-14 yrs old

No wonder you dislike Superman if you know him from the Superman Blue era...

Yep honestly my knowledge doesn't go back any further than that. Just being honest. Never been a supes fan. When I was younger I loved spider man(I had the comics during separation anxiety where it was at least 6 other symbiots running around.

@force echo him, cyclops, moonstar,wolverine, and even colossus has came a long way from how they used to be. I think they have only gotten better and AOX has been great so far. Especially the one with new mutants hunting rouge(legacy/reaper). Moonstar needs for face time geez. I love her more and more with each comic.

Note: Using the "I'm on a mobile phone" excuse should not be accepted. I type most of my posts on an iPhone and rarely have such problems with spelling/grammar. Just reread your post and/or use the Edit button.

• 11 months later...

While we're on the subject of pointless thread reviving, xman! For *vulgarity*'s sake! Your sig is utterly useless. Those links will only work for you. You obviously didn't see the discussion in the Beautiful Women thread.

What dark sorcery is this where one drags up long dead discussions from the murky depths of the forums darkest waters?