Raphael (Mirage): 6
Iori Yagami: 4

By UMPIRE

Michael Myers vs. Jason Voorhees

MATCH SCORE
Michael Myers: 0
Jason Voorhees: 4

By UMPIRE

Domino (Marvel Comics) vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Domino (Marvel Comics): 2
Cybermen (Mondasian): 3

By UMPIRE

Xu Wenwu vs. Sun Ce

MATCH SCORE
Xu Wenwu: 4
Sun Ce: 2

By UMPIRE

Bonne Jenet vs. Darli Dagger

MATCH SCORE
Bonne Jenet: 2
Darli Dagger: 6

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Clonetroopers vs. Orcs

MATCH SCORE
Clonetroopers: 0
Orcs: 11

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Lucky the Leprechaun vs. Willy the Hillbilly

MATCH SCORE
Lucky the Leprechaun: 9
Willy the Hillbilly: 2

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Copperhead vs. Shocker

MATCH SCORE
Copperhead: 5
Shocker: 6

By UMPIRE

12:15 - The Flash (Wally West) vs. Supergirl

MATCH SCORE
The Flash (Wally West): 4
Supergirl: 8

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Mandrill vs. Calender Man

MATCH SCORE
Mandrill: 7
Calender Man: 5

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Necrons vs. The Shi'ar Empire

MATCH SCORE
Necrons: 5
The Shi\'ar Empire: 8

New Doomsday feats

Flamon

So what's the deal with Doomsday nowadays? Is he copying powers now? I see he has a glow! What's that? Atomic power ala Godzilla? And what's that guy talking about calling him "cowardly"? He seems to man up to every challenge thrown at him. Plus, I'll be damned if I'm running in head first to fight the thing that killed Superman. These guys have no comen sense, just call Batman and give him some Prep Time.

Just glad they aren't treating him like a chump anymore, beating eradicator around is a serious feat in itself and now he can copy other peoples power...damn.

So what's the deal with Doomsday nowadays? Is he copying powers now? I see he has a glow! What's that? Atomic power ala Godzilla? And what's that guy talking about calling him "cowardly"? He seems to man up to every challenge thrown at him. Plus, I'll be damned if I'm running in head first to fight the thing that killed Superman. These guys have no comen sense, just call Batman and give him some Prep Time.

He seems to be able to copy powers yes, and if he really did copy Erads powers well that is a whole lot of extra power added to an already formidable Brick.

This is a prime example of how DC overpowers their characters, people.

Not being a fan of Doomsday, I don't know much about him, and I have not read this comic and as such don't know if it is a good story. However, from what I understand he’s an unstoppable monster. And unstoppable monster characters are made by having them beat up powerful characters. It’s not fair to call something overpowered if the very central concept of them is that they are supposed to be more powerful than whatever is thrown at them. And DC is hardly alone in having characters like this. Marvel had Thanos during the Infinity Gauntlet story; DBZ had Brolly, as just two examples.

This is why I hate feats threads- you guys invariably miss the point. If you want to talk about Doomsday's new feats, you should've posted scans from the Steel issue just before this one where Doomsday can suddenly fly. The only "new" feat in this parade of scans is Doomsday's ability to absorb and redirect energy. Given what the character was already capable of, there's no real tactical upside to him being able to do this.

Also, no offense to The Outsiders, but Doomsday beating Halo, Katana, Geo-Force, and Achilles is like Superman beating a villainous team of Magenta, Ragdoll, Clayface, and Blockbuster. Nothing too impressive here.

Not being a fan of Doomsday, I don't know much about him, and I have not read this comic and as such don't know if it is a good story. However, from what I understand he’s an unstoppable monster. And unstoppable monster characters are made by having them beat up powerful characters. It’s not fair to call something overpowered if the very central concept of them is that they are supposed to be more powerful than whatever is thrown at them. And DC is hardly alone in having characters like this. Marvel had Thanos during the Infinity Gauntlet story; DBZ had Brolly, as just two examples.

Oh. I'm not denying that there are other instances where characters are overpowered. No. The reason why I stated what I did was: Doomsday was already insanely powerful originally. He was already unstoppable. He's mowed through the Justice League as if they were nothing and took out Superman himself and that was before Hunter/Prey or this. Hunter/Prey and this new instance boosted Doomsday's ungodly strength and capabilities to higher levels. Hence why I'm calling him overpowered. I don't see it as unfair. I see it as justified.

I don't think it's too much to assume that Doomsday now has the powers of the four "replacement" Superman characters from the Reign of the Supermen arc. He was shown flying and covering himself with metal Armor in the Steel one-shot. He was shown using Eradicator's power to absorb and redirect energy in the Outsiders issue. At this point, facing aDoomsday with Steel and Eradicator's powers, Conner doesn't really have much powers-wise that Doomsday doesn't already possess, at best he'll gain the use of X-Ray Vision. No clue what's going on with Hank Henshaw these days, I couldn't even tell you his current power set.

Also, calling Doomsday overpowered is stating the obvious. Like Mangog or Extant, he was created to be a threat beyond anything anyone had seen before. The current incarnation of Doomsday, however, has only been shown beating Steel, Eradicator, and The Outsiders. There is no reason to assume yet that this version has any powers outside the ones displayed in those appearances.

Even that's still silly. Having powerful characters in no way helps of hinders the ability to create a great story. Case in point, Batman and Superman. One is a human, and the other is, well, Superman. Yet both have had both amazing stories. Batman’s had The Dark Knight Returns, A Serious House on a Serious Earth, The Long Halloween, The Killing Joke and numerous other great books about him. Superman has had All Star Superman, Kingdom Come (featuring most of the DC Universe but focusing on Superman), Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow, For the Man Who Has Everything and, again, many other great stories. The two characters are vastly different in power level and feel, yet both have excellent things written featuring them. Therefore the “overpowered†complaint is silly.

Maybe you're taking it the wrong way?

I never said, not once, that they hindered the stories in any ways.

I'm slightly frustrated as I see no point in giving a character that is already significantly powerful any further powers. I feel as if it is overpowered in this sense, hence, an opinion of mine. I do understand where you are coming from however.

I agree with Jaeger in the fact that Doomsday really didn't need a frikkin upgrade. I mean really. Learn to write. I hate when people say, "what else can you do with Superman. He's too powerful." Learn to write. Same with Doomsday. Why the hell is he fighting the Outsiders? I hope there was a really good plot point behind that mismatch. Doomsday is Doomsday, don't really see a need for an upgrade to the guy who killed Superman.

Wait, is that Achilles? As in Achilles from Homer's Illiad, the same epic that was read to me as a child?

I *vulgarity*ing hate DC.

Characters from Greek mythology are used in both Marvel and DC frequently, as well as represented in many other fictional universes. What's your point?

EDIT: Treach and Jaeger: Ah, the problem is that they gave Doomsday more powers? Fair enough. I thought it was the fact that he was powerful in the first place.

I don't think it's too much to assume that Doomsday now has the powers of the four "replacement" Superman characters from the Reign of the Supermen arc. He was shown flying and covering himself with metal Armor in the Steel one-shot. He was shown using Eradicator's power to absorb and redirect energy in the Outsiders issue. At this point, facing aDoomsday with Steel and Eradicator's powers, Conner doesn't really have much powers-wise that Doomsday doesn't already possess, at best he'll gain the use of X-Ray Vision. No clue what's going on with Hank Henshaw these days, I couldn't even tell you his current power set.

Also, calling Doomsday overpowered is stating the obvious. Like Mangog or Extant, he was created to be a threat beyond anything anyone had seen before. The current incarnation of Doomsday, however, has only been shown beating Steel, Eradicator, and The Outsiders. There is no reason to assume yet that this version has any powers outside the ones displayed in those appearances.

Erads powers are more than just absorbing and redirecting energy though, his powers include massive matter manipulation and transmutation.

And I don't see how being able to amp your physical attacks with energy and fire energy blasts when he never could before isn't advantageous.

Achilles isn't a mythology. Gods like Athena, Zeus and monsters like the Hydra are mythology. Achilles is a character in Homer's Illiad, one of the oldest and most important literary works in the history of mankind, one that has translated for millennium and holds an extremely important place in human history. He could also quite possibly have been a real individual, an actual living and breathing Greek warrior.

And I just watched him be used as a whipping pedestal for a character who's only purpose was to kill Superman back in the nineties when they could have used anyone as a jobber. Seriously **** DC.

Achilles isn't a mythology. Gods like Athena, Zeus and monsters like the Hydra are mythology. Achilles is a character in Homer's Illiad, one of the oldest and most important literary works in the history of mankind, one that has translated for millennium and holds an extremely important place in human history. He could also quite possibly have been a real individual, an actual living and breathing Greek warrior.

And I just watched him be used as a whipping pedestal for a character who's only purpose was to kill Superman back in the nineties when they could have used anyone as a jobber. Seriously **** DC.

And he's been used as a character by many other works of fiction, including Marvel.

Alan Moore used numerous characters from important works of literature for The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. He killed some of them off. Does that make it a terrible piece of work?

Now, I’ve not read this comic, have no interest in doing so and for all I know it may be terrible. But the reasons given are rather weak. Especially deriding an entire company for one comic.

You're technically correct in stating that Achilles isn't "A mythology." He's a CHARACTER in Greek Mythology. He was dipped in the river Styx as a baby, to make him invulnerable. Got shot in the heel. Played by Brad Pitt in a really ponderous action movie. Yes, he is part of Classical Greek mythology. No, feigning surprise toward a decision made in a comic book you never read doesn't make sense. (Nor is it even particularly believable in your case, since you can't spell Iliad correctly.)

Just for everyone's edification, pretending to be "outraged" by a questionable decision in mainstream comics has never made any sense. Obsessing over comics is fine, (this is coming from a guy who made a list of historical costume inconsistencies in Asterix comics for a French History report,) but getting upset because a tertiary Wonder Woman character got beat up in a comic book is DUUUUUUMB. It's a comic book, and since Achilles Warkiller has both Wolverine levels of regeneration and Gladiator's old "confidence = strength level" shtick there's no reason to suspect he won't be back on his feet in two weeks to help the Outsiders battle... some other Outsiders. (Not that you were reading Outsiders to begin with, but whatever.)

I want to make a second point here: There is no reason to assume anything about this version of Doomsday. For all we know he may be limited to having the powers of Steel, Eradicator, Superboy, and Cyborg Superman. There is no reason to assume he's been augmented when he could've just as easily been rewritten.

Wait, is that Achilles? As in Achilles from Homer's Illiad, the same epic that was read to me as a child?

I *vulgarity*ing hate DC.

Now I do agree I can't stand dc either and the reason for it is because each year some OTHER person becomes god like! Need examples sure

Supermans base strength from abck in the day went from maybe 400 tons to 100000000. Like really?

Wonder woman went from maybe 100 tons to 10000000 tons!

And who else can damn near lift a whole continent? Martain manhunter, supergirl, power girl, captain marvel

Like they need to wipe all slates clean and start from scratch and depower everyone before it gets to the fact every hero is like a god which its almost there

I mean what else can superman do? They over powered him sooooooo much the only time he can have a good story is if he "forgets to use all of his powers" or kyrptonite ia around. Other than that he should not have trouble melting metallo for miles away or flying ftl so that the kryptonite won't effect him as much.

And speaking of ftl who else has it green lantern (all of them) flash(almost all of them) all of the supers(girl, power girl, boy and man) and I think martain manhunter too!

Like they way they over powered everyone normal villians shouldn't stand a chance! But they do. But for DC to have soooo many heavy hitters they should have crime at all time lows with 4 super men 3 captain marvels, 3 wonder women 3 flashes, 3 green lanterns, 6 batmen running around. Like each good hero has like 3 wanna bes/sidekick/replacements to the point that it lacks originality. Even martain manhunter has the girl, big barda has little barda, and catwoman now has the cat girl now!

I used to like DC but now a lot of things are becoming reoccuring or becoming too much. They made darkseid so powerful he can only use two powers at a time! Lmao. You can't name a comic where you seen all of his powers being used!

The monarch! Need I say more

Superman prime One Million need I say more.

When marvel had the sentry they KNEW they went to far but at least gave him a good weakness in having a weak mind and easily manipulated or vulnerable to mind attacks. But still they had to get rid of him because he was just too much to make fun.

Case in point superman name the last good story that he used all of his powers to the max. And if you name a time then why is lex luthor even a problem? And lex luthor isn't even the smartest man or earth. He's smart but not like reed richards smart so why does a being like superman shown to beat up darkseid having issues with the 5th smartest man in the world?

Now with doomsday too! Hey we already have world breaker hulk let's make him have super speed, able to absorb power, grow, turn into adamantium, give him thors hammer, quasars bracelets, captain americans sheild, wolverines claws, beyonders powers, and make him galactus jr! Lmfao

Like to the people at DC sit around like " ok doomsday killed superman already how can we can someone unstoppable more unstoppable" and they are like make hims base strength 10000000000000000000000000000 tons! And then some one else says AND make him fly. And someone else comes and says now let's give HIM heat vision,

(And then they all chime on)

And super speed

And a green lantern ring

And wonder womans bracelets

And super hearing

And able to pahse

And able to grow

And able to manipulate energy

(And at the end of the day someone looks at the board with all of doomsdays new powers and says "you think we went over board" and another person says hell no were about to make superman one BILLION times powerful tomorrow anyway so its ok" lmfao