Raphael (Mirage): 6
Iori Yagami: 4

By UMPIRE

Michael Myers vs. Jason Voorhees

MATCH SCORE
Michael Myers: 0
Jason Voorhees: 4

By UMPIRE

Domino (Marvel Comics) vs. Cybermen (Mondasian)

MATCH SCORE
Domino (Marvel Comics): 2
Cybermen (Mondasian): 3

By UMPIRE

Xu Wenwu vs. Sun Ce

MATCH SCORE
Xu Wenwu: 4
Sun Ce: 2

By UMPIRE

Bonne Jenet vs. Darli Dagger

MATCH SCORE
Bonne Jenet: 2
Darli Dagger: 6

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Clonetroopers vs. Orcs

MATCH SCORE
Clonetroopers: 0
Orcs: 11

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Lucky the Leprechaun vs. Willy the Hillbilly

MATCH SCORE
Lucky the Leprechaun: 9
Willy the Hillbilly: 2

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Copperhead vs. Shocker

MATCH SCORE
Copperhead: 5
Shocker: 6

By UMPIRE

12:15 - The Flash (Wally West) vs. Supergirl

MATCH SCORE
The Flash (Wally West): 4
Supergirl: 8

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Mandrill vs. Calender Man

MATCH SCORE
Mandrill: 7
Calender Man: 5

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Necrons vs. The Shi'ar Empire

MATCH SCORE
Necrons: 5
The Shi\'ar Empire: 8

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Mr. Peanut vs. Flo (Progressive)

MATCH SCORE
Mr. Peanut: 2
Flo (Progressive): 8

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Tyr vs. Horus

MATCH SCORE
Tyr: 7
Horus: 3

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Warworld vs. Indiana Jones

MATCH SCORE
Warworld: 7
Indiana Jones: 6

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Martian Manhunter vs. Wonder Woman

MATCH SCORE
Martian Manhunter: 8
Wonder Woman: 2

By UMPIRE

12:15 - Tenga Warriors vs. Stormtroopers

MATCH SCORE
Tenga Warriors: 2
Stormtroopers: 9

Which infantry are on par with Starcraft Terran Marines?

ricrery

Because they can shoot through tank armor, thats why.

Because we know Tank armor in Halo is known for durability... Wait.

sirmethos put it best. Marines can shrug off small arms fire and can lift a couple tons, but they really aren't that special.

I've. Already. Told. You. They. Are. Not. Small. Arms. In. Any. Way. They fire long depleted uranium spikes at hypersonic velocities.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because we know Tank armor in Halo is known for durability... Wait.

I've. Already. Told. You. They. Are. Not. Small. Arms. In. Any. Way. They fire long depleted uranium spikes at hypersonic velocities.

Yeah I'm aware. They can FIRE long depleted uranium spike at hypersonic speeds. Not take them. Your only feat of them surviving that type of punishment is when you showed the cinematic of Raynor getting shot with a gauss rifle, and even that is questionable. there is no evidence that his armour wasn't penetrated. He took a single bullet through the armour's big ass shoulder pads, before he spun and shot Tychus in the face, with a pistol that i'm pretty sure moved at sub-hypersonic speeds. Terran marines can deflect small arms fire at best. Spartans on the other hand can survive heavy weapons fire for limited periods of time, and outmatch the marines greatly in terms of speed, training and strength.

-snip-

"Also, where does the last one come from?"

It comes from one of the Predator novels, give me a little time and I'll find the specific title for you(can't remember it off the top of my head).

"Ha Ha Ha. No. Yautja armor is less than nothing versus Terran armor. "

High-grade Dlex armor can tank shots from even the M42 Sniper Rifle(a rifle that can put a 3 inch hole in an APC from a distance of several miles) and the WY-102 Railgun. In comparison, the armor of the Terran Marines can be breached by the fire of their own rifles.

"Except we have no real feats of the Marine."

Exactly. There are no feats of strength for the Marines. There is absolutely nothing that shows us, that they are more than slightly enhanced, i.e. slightly stronger than regular humans. The Spartans on the other hand, are known to be significantly stronger than normal humans.

"Wrong. 7.62x51mm rounds can puncture both their armor and Elite armor and maybe even Spartan II armor. Their armor is not even approaching that of a Marine's armor."

Under prolonged fire, yes they can puncture the armor. The same would be the case for the Terrans. However, the Spartan's energy shield recharges after a few moments with no direct fire, after which they can tank a few more. a Terran Marine's armor can be breached by a single shot from their own rifle(unless they get the armor enhancement, but that's not standard equipment).

Either way, regardless of durability, the Spartan III are overall superior to the Marines, with superior physical and mental capabilities, Far superior skills, access to superior weaponry(Spartan Laser), etc. etc.

High-grade Dlex armor can tank shots from even the M42 Sniper Rifle(a rifle that can put a 3 inch hole in an APC from a distance of several miles) and the WY-102 Railgun. In comparison, the armor of the Terran Marines can be breached by the fire of their own rifles.

Right, because you know that the Gauss Rifle is inferior, am I right?

Exactly. There are no feats of strength for the Marines. There is absolutely nothing that shows us, that they are more than slightly enhanced, i.e. slightly stronger than regular humans. The Spartans on the other hand, are known to be significantly stronger than normal humans.

If you know nothing of their strength, you shouldn't make a comparison.

Under prolonged fire, yes they can puncture the armor. The same would be the case for the Terrans.

I'd love to see that. I really would.

with a pistol that i'm pretty sure moved at sub-hypersonic speeds.

Yes, and at a person with a vulnerable head.

Terran marines can deflect small arms fire at best.

Do you know "at best" means? It means it's the upper limit of durability.

Spartans on the other hand can survive heavy weapons fire for limited periods of time

*claims that Terran Marine can only survive small arms and then claims Spartan armor can survive heavy weapons despite being harmed by 7.62x51mm rounds*

Lol. Spartans and Elites both go to down low kilojoule kinetic and thermal weapons all the time.

Right, because you know that the Gauss Rifle is inferior, am I right?

If you know nothing of their strength, you shouldn't make a comparison.

I'd love to see that. I really would.

Nobody said the Gauss rifle was inferior

You mean a comparison that you made several times in this very thread? That one?

Yes, and at a person with a vulnerable head.

Do you know "at best" means? It means it's the upper limit of durability.

*claims that Terran Marine can only survive small arms and then claims Spartan armor can survive heavy weapons despite being harmed by 7.62x51mm rounds*

Lol. Spartans and Elites both go to down low kilojoule kinetic and thermal weapons all the time.

If I did not know what "at best" meant would not have used it. Marines are frequently torn to pieces by bugs that are the size of their boot, and are often shot to pieces by shards of bone, which travel much slower then hypersonic speeds. In the novels, a spartan survives a blast from a hunter's fuel rod cannon (although only barely). Spartans are indeed harmed by 7.62x51mm rounds, but only after tanking significant numbers of bullets. During the last stand of Noble 6, he stands there tanking a full barrage of fire from a plasma repeater, while mowing down elites left and right.

Meanwhile one marine can barely take on one unarmored, unarmed, former ranger.

. Yeah he was drunk, but the fact still stands.

Is this enough or do I need to bring up "THANK GAWD FER COLD FUSION"?

If I did not know what "at best" meant would not have used it. Marines are frequently torn to pieces by bugs that are the size of their boot, and are often shot to pieces by shards of bone, which travel much slower then hypersonic speeds.

You do know that this doesn't mean anything until you quantify what you are using? The first apparently can cut tank armor and survive multiple hypersonic shells impacting them directly. The other one has spines capable of penetrating starship armor.

You do know that this doesn't mean anything until you quantify what you are using? The first apparently can cut tank armor and survive multiple hypersonic shells impacting them directly. The other one has spines capable of penetrating starship armor.

What? when did hydralisks cut through starship armour? And since when can zerglings cut through tanks and survive gauss rifle fire? I beginning to wonder where you are hearing about all these super sc units. Ive never seen any instance of zerglings surviving gauss rifle fire, ever. Nor have I ever witnessed hydralisks cutting through starships with their spines. Using gameplay as feats is a poor way to rate characters. The only reason hydralisks can do ANYTHING to a battlecruiser is because blizzard is all about balance in gameplay and not necessarily realism. Your going to have to start putting links up or your arguments dont really count for much.

What? when did hydralisks cut through starship armour? And since when can zerglings cut through tanks and survive gauss rifle fire? I beginning to wonder where you are hearing about all these super sc units. Ive never seen any instance of zerglings surviving gauss rifle fire, ever. Nor have I ever witnessed hydralisks cutting through starships with their spines. Using gameplay as feats is a poor way to rate characters. The only reason hydralisks can do ANYTHING to a battlecruiser is because blizzard is all about balance in gameplay and not necessarily realism. Your going to have to start putting links up or your arguments dont really count for much.

These are from some novels. The Hydralisk one occurs after two psionic storms hit a battlecruiser... and I don't know about the Zerglings. Starcraft 2 also has the spines shatter pieces of stone.

-snip-

"Right, because you know that the Gauss Rifle is inferior, am I right? "

Actually, no. I would say the Gauss Rifle is approximately equal to the WY-102 Railgun, which is why I used that as an example of the durability of high-grade Dlex armor.

To repeat, Armor durability goes to the Yautja, but overall Durability goes to the Marines, due to the Yautja armor not covering their entire bodies.

Also, since you made no comment on the other kinds of troops I posted about, I take it you concede that those are in fact, superior to the Marines. <_<

These are from some novels. The Hydralisk one occurs after two psionic storms hit a battlecruiser... and I don't know about the Zerglings. Starcraft 2 also has the spines shatter pieces of stone.

So after it's armour and structure had already taken significant damage?

Actually, no. I would say the Gauss Rifle is approximately equal to the WY-102 Railgun, which is why I used that as an example of the durability of high-grade Dlex armor.

Yes, because you can tell how powerful both are? A Gauss Rifle easily has momentum in the tens of kg-m/s. A shotgun has shown to have enough force to a send a Yautja of their feet.

To repeat, Armor durability goes to the Yautja, but overall Durability goes to the Marines, due to the Yautja armor not covering their entire bodies.

I find this unlikely considering both what they fight against and their appearance.

Yes, because you can tell how powerful both are? A Gauss Rifle easily has momentum in the tens of kg-m/s. A shotgun has shown to have enough force to a send a Yautja of their feet.

I find this unlikely considering both what they fight against and their appearance.

Simply because a shotgun has the force to knock a yautja on it's ass does not mean that it necessarily has the power to penetrate its armour. Regrettably, the yautja has scant armour and is therefore still more vulnerable to weapon fire then the marine.

That's what a Gauss Rifle spike does best. <_<

True, but until one of us can provide comparable data on BOTH the gauss rifle and the WY-102 Railgun, as well as the full durability of dlex armour, then none of us can really prove anything. That said, I noticed the yautja is the only one your still arguing against.