Mordin Solus: 2
Dr. Herbert West: 4

By UMPIRE

11:8 - Elsa Of Arendelle vs. Princess Jasmine

MATCH SCORE
Elsa Of Arendelle: 2
Princess Jasmine: 8

By UMPIRE

Battlesphere Battle Royal Part 9 Match 17107 Chloe Bourgeois vs. Roxy Rocket vs. Red Claw

MATCH SCORE
Chloe Bourgeois: 3
Roxy Rocket: 2
Red Claw: 1

By UMPIRE

11:7 - Master Shifu vs. Ted Lasso

MATCH SCORE
Master Shifu: 6
Ted Lasso: 4

Match 6790 Scar Predator vs. Ryu

Guest callisto

That was not the Satsui No Hadou he tapped into... That was the Power of Nothingness, which is MUCH harder to attain where as the Satsui No Hadou is easier to attain.

The Power of Nothingness is harder to achieve because it's the honest path to power, where as the Satsui No Hadou is like the Dark Side of the Force-- it's easier and seduces the user into tapping more into it, while consuming them.

-Rakai'Thwei

I know that, I wasn't saying it was Satsui No Hadou, I was just saying it's probably gonna be the same scenario. Just replace Seth with Scar and Ryu's Power with Dark Hadou.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that, I wasn't saying it was Satsui No Hadou, I was just saying it's probably gonna be the same scenario. Just replace Seth with Scar and Ryu's Power with Dark Hadou.

Actually, in the events of Street Fighter IV, Gouken sealed the Satsui No Hadou from Ryu... he can't access it. Akuma even confirms Ryu's Dark Hadou has been sealed.

Proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dgSiRiV2KE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o0sFHaoXSo

And yes, that ending is canon.

-Rakai'Thwei

Scar is a beast, but Ryu is the most dangerous opponent to date (except maybe the Host moster).

Ryu does have a slight speed advantage in my opinion. Both fighters are bullet timers, but I feel that Ryu has shown a higher level of ability.

Scar has a huge strength advantage. Large enough that Ryu can't afford to hard block a swing from the Predator. The strength advantage is large enough to tilt the fight in Scar's advantage. Ryu is not fast enough to completely avoid Scar if he tries to fight on the inside.

Couple Scar's huge strength with the fact he is using 18 inch wristblades and Ryu would be smart to stay out hand to hand combat with the hunter.

Ryu's not totally out of luck. He's strong, maybe not superhuman strong, but stronger than the most humans. Ryu has kicked down trees, and shattered boulders; he's above olympic level physical condition without a doubt.

Scar has three weapons, but his best bet is to stick with the wristblades. The other two are longer and less flexible weapons. I feel Ryu has a better chance to exploit the weaknesses of those weapons. Either through forcing Scar to move a certain way because of the length or he could take advantage of their length and use it as a prime moment to come in close. The wristblades allow Scar to push the attack and use his strength, size, speed, experience, and aggression to his advantage.

Ryu has a clear cut advantage is the "weapons" category. His different versions of the Hadoken allow him to establish range, while the Shoryuken can be used to punish Scar if he gets to close. On top of that if Ryu can access the Power of Nothingness his power, speed, and technique strength increase quite a bit.

For Ryu to win, he will have to be patient, collected, and very technical. Fortunately for him, his almost always is.

For Scar to win, he will have to be aggressive, careful, and unrelenting. Fortunately for Scar. he almost always acts this way.

I'am holding my vote for now.

Scar is a beast, but Ryu is the most dangerous opponent to date (except maybe the Host moster).

Ryu does have a slight speed advantage in my opinion. Both fighters are bullet timers, but I feel that Ryu has shown a higher level of ability.

Scar has a huge strength advantage. Large enough that Ryu can't afford to hard block a swing from the Predator. The strength advantage is large enough to tilt the fight in Scar's advantage. Ryu is not fast enough to completely avoid Scar if he tries to fight on the inside.

Couple Scar's huge strength with the fact he is using 18 inch wristblades and Ryu would be smart to stay out hand to hand combat with the hunter.

Ryu's not totally out of luck. He's strong, maybe not superhuman strong, but stronger than the most humans. Ryu has kicked down trees, and shattered boulders; he's above olympic level physical condition without a doubt.

Scar has three weapons, but his best bet is to stick with the wristblades. The other two are longer and less flexible weapons. I feel Ryu has a better chance to exploit the weaknesses of those weapons. Either through forcing Scar to move a certain way because of the length or he could take advantage of their length and use it as a prime moment to come in close. The wristblades allow Scar to push the attack and use his strength, size, speed, experience, and aggression to his advantage.

Ryu has a clear cut advantage is the "weapons" category. His different versions of the Hadoken allow him to establish range, while the Shoryuken can be used to punish Scar if he gets to close. On top of that if Ryu can access the Power of Nothingness his power, speed, and technique strength increase quite a bit.

For Ryu to win, he will have to be patient, collected, and very technical. Fortunately for him, his almost always is.

For Scar to win, he will have to be aggressive, careful, and unrelenting. Fortunately for Scar. he almost always acts this way.

I'am holding my vote for now.

Finally! An unbiased and well balanced comment instead of a singular line! A well thought out comment!

Thank you Victim36! Thank you so very much!

-Rakai'Thwei

This is a great match up man! Keep it up.

I mean I liked your comment a lot cause you weighed out the two contenders evenly instead of saying:

"Oh Ryu wins..." without giving too much a reason.

I mean you weighed out both of your comments on both sides which is meant to show that this fight is EVENLY leveled in the case between the two contenders which is something that I wanted to achieve, which I think most people missed out on!

Thanks for commenting man, and I hope this fight is more even then people are thinking it out to be.

-Rakai'Thwei

Great set-up as usual, Rakai.

Hmm,… now Scar is pitted up against perhaps my favorite character to use in the Street Fighter franchise. I'm sure who would win yet, but I'll tell you this: whoever's the victor here will greatly appreciate the challenge that his opponent gave him. Difference is, in victory, Ryu would likely let Scar live to fight another day, so that he may get stronger and pose a greater challenge in a potential rematch. Scar would definitely not do the same.

BTW, as of Street Fighter IV, is the Shoryuken once again invincible during its execution? That may be a big factor in this battle. I seem to remember its invincibility being nerfed somewhat in the MvC series.

Hmm,… now Scar is pitted up against perhaps my favorite character to use in the Street Fighter franchise. I'm sure who would win yet, but I'll tell you this: whoever's the victor here will greatly appreciate the challenge that his opponent gave him. Difference is, in victory, Ryu would likely let Scar live to fight another day, so that he may get stronger and pose a greater challenge in a potential rematch. Scar would definitely not do the same.

BTW, as of Street Fighter IV, is the Shoryuken once again invincible during its execution? That may be a big factor in this battle. I seem to remember its invincibility being nerfed somewhat in the MvC series.

Good analysis, DSkills! I really like your comment!

As for the Shoryuken being invincible, I can most definitely tell you that is game mechanics, and that invincibility frame in-game will have no factor in this battle.

-Rakai'Thwei

Actually, in the events of Street Fighter IV, Gouken sealed the Satsui No Hadou from Ryu... he can't access it. Akuma even confirms Ryu's Dark Hadou has been sealed.

Proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dgSiRiV2KE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o0sFHaoXSo

And yes, that ending is canon.

-Rakai'Thwei

*pinches the flesh between my eyes* I know that.

All I was trying to say was in this match up, only in this match up can he access Dark Hadou. But now you specified that he can't in this match, I get it now.

You know I just realized something... One of Ryu's moves won't work against Scar, and that's the Shakunetsu Hadouken.

Why?

For one, according to the Street Fighter Wiki:

"It is a Hadoken imbued with thermal energy that sets it on fire. In this attack, Akuma flashes red and charges for a short few seconds, and then releases the Shakunetsu Hadoken. Although Akuma can launch a regular Hadoken, this version is usually multi-hitting and deadly. When foes make contact with this move, they will receive a good amount of damage and be lit on fire, not to mention the good amount of stun. Ryu's considerably less damaging than Akuma's, but Ryu does not charge when using it, thus making his version faster to pull of than Akuma's (about the speed of a regular Hadoken charge)."

Never the less, I doubt that a Shakunetsu Hadouken would even be able to affect Scar at all. In Alien vs Predator, Scar was set a blaze by a Fusee Flare which was used as part of a make shift flamethrower by Charles Bishop Weyland, and when fusee flares burn, their heat range is up to 1000 degrees in Fahrenheit. Scar Predator wasn't even affected by that heat range when it was used as a flamethrower against him.

Yeah... Ryu's Shakunetsu Hadouken, I don't see being much use against Scar...

And I just realized that now.

-Rakai'Thwei

Gahh! I meant to say I'm not sure who would yet in this match, lol.

In Street Fighter 2 turbo the current comics by Udon they really once again hinted and said Ryu may be more powerful then Akuma.

Ryu could have killed Akuma but chose not to go down that path.

Ryu's attacks I would say now are on par with Akuma.

For you Street Fighter fans like me I would say to pick up the Street Fighter comics by Udon because there good.

Right now I am hoping issue 13 comes out or there is a 13.

Great setup once again rakai. The brutality was greatly appreciated

I like the match up. I'd say scar takes it. While ryu's attacks will hurt like hell, scar's will maim, mutilate, and kill.

Thanks for commenting, man!

-Rakai'Thwei

Ryu wins because he kicks ass and Street Fighter is awesome. If your not down with that, I got just two words for ya!

I almost want to say that is not a perfectly valid reason for Ryu to win.

I am a fan of Ryu, and I think he is an awesome character, but saying that he kicks ass isn't... really a good enough reason, neither saying that he is from Street Fighter is a good enough reason.

I like Ryu, I think he is awesome and so is Street Fighter but I think you're basing a vote off of vengeance and spite for your GTA characters.

-Rakai'Thwei

Marvel vs Capcom is NOT canon in Street Fighter. So mentioning Onslaught and Apocalypse is invalid.

My bad. Even though he fought the those powerful dudes, you are right.

Bison and Gill, yes, that is canon and I can agree with you there.

yup.

I wouldn't say Ryu would be winning this easily of course. Yautja have been known to tank cannon ball shots, and shrug them off:

but Ryu has the power to turn into Evil Ryu at some point. And has the ability to destroy a building.

Confederate.jpg

Confederate2.jpg

-Rakai'Thwei

Again keep in mind of who and how many Scar has killed:

10 Xenomorphs

7 of the Wolverines

Goliath

The Green Goblin

Broadway

Brooklyn

Sho'nuff the Shogun of Harlem

Lexington

Angela

30 Crazy 88 members

Sailor Mercury

Sailor Venus

Kamen Rider Black RX

Sailor Jupiter

Confirmed kills: 57

Seriously guys, this isn't a stomp like some of you are making this out to be.

I can see Ryu winning, and those who have provided a reason, I can see happening but those of who haven't... c'mon.

-Rakai'Thwei

Dude, you misunderstand, i was actually hoping you would post some info on Scar. And i was hoping someone would post some info on Ryu. From what everyones said, this is a very even match, and i deffinitely dont think its a stomp either way.

Im inclined to think that Ryus magic powers would do some serious damage to Scar, but then again, hes have to actually hit Scar, which is gonna be difficult, due to the Predators skills and cloaking device. Ryu must be a more skilled h2h fighter, but Scars bigger, stronger and faster than a human, and has spent how ever many years hes been alive hunting, so hes no sloach in h2h either. I reckon Ryu could dodge and/or pary Scars wrist blades and combi-staff pretty easily, but the kusarigama must be a damn hard weapon to dodge... If Scar cuts up Ryu enough, and avoids getting hit by his projectile powers, then he can win by eventually bleeding Ryu to death. But if Ryu gets in enough good hits, use his martial arts training as best he can, then the Predator would eventually go down too.

This is a very, very even match...

Dude, you misunderstand, i was actually hoping you would post some info on Scar.

Well what kind of information from Scar Predator do you want?

In the AvP Scar was strong enough to pull and yank in an Alien Queen who was twenty four feet tall and probably 2-5 tons in weight depending, and not to mention she was actually struggling against his pull which goes to show how physically strong Scar Predator is.

In this arc however, looking at the people whom he has killed, I'd say Scar is significantly stronger than he was in the AvP movie.

As far as speed goes, he was able to jump out of the way of bullets and was pretty agile for a Yautja of his size.

From what everyones said, this is a very even match, and i deffinitely dont think its a stomp either way.

My bad then!

Im inclined to think that Ryus magic powers would do some serious damage to Scar, but then again, hes have to actually hit Scar, which is gonna be difficult, due to the Predators skills and cloaking device. Ryu must be a more skilled h2h fighter, but Scars bigger, stronger and faster than a human, and has spent how ever many years hes been alive hunting, so hes no sloach in h2h either. I reckon Ryu could dodge and/or pary Scars wrist blades and combi-staff pretty easily, but the kusarigama must be a damn hard weapon to dodge... If Scar cuts up Ryu enough, and avoids getting hit by his projectile powers, then he can win by eventually bleeding Ryu to death. But if Ryu gets in enough good hits, use his martial arts training as best he can, then the Predator would eventually go down too.

This is a very, very even match...

Ryu;s power isn't magic. It's Chi or Inner Energy.

But over all, you are pretty much right on the ball with the rest of your comments. However keep in mind that Scar does have his combi-staff and that weapon is eight feet in length, as a matter of fact here are some technical data on the weapon:

The Combi-Stick is self powered, telescoping spear that is merely one meter at its shortest length. The CombiStick extends by two meters at each end, making it a formidable weapon for close range attacks. Made of nearly unbreakable alloys, sharpened tips on either end produce electrical charges as it slices through any surface.

Once thrown, it will maintain a 99% straight trajectory until it runs into something, or until it goes 1000 ft, when it will fall to the ground. When this happens, it retracts into its travel form and waiting to be found by the hunter that threw it. Also an excellent pole-arm for whirlwind Bo-style attacks.

By twisting the grip and pumping the shaft like a shotgun slide, the hunter can send up to a dozen skewers into his prey. It weighs 6.5 - 10 pounds. Its battery lasts 2 years.

Source: http://www.oocities.com/gunsandgod/weapons.html

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Skadoosh.

-Rakai'Thwei

but Ryu has the power to turn into Evil Ryu at some point. And has the ability to destroy a building.

To Screwattackfan25,

I needed to clarify this but in the events of Street Fighter IV, Ryu has had the Satsui No Hadou power within him sealed by Gouken, meaning that he cannot turn into Evil Ryu in this fight.

-Rakai'Thwei

Ryu should win, he can do enough damage to win. Hell Scar should have been beaten by The Wolverines.

Okay, I understand other people's views on Ryu winning because they weighed out the scenarios and evaluated them through and through... You haven't.

You only response was: "Ryu is awesome cause he is from Street Fighter. He wins."

You haven't commented on anything else, you just said Ryu would win cause he's awesome. No, that is not a good reason enough. Granted, I like Ryu and I think he would've given Scar Predator a good fight, and I am a fan of both but right now, I am thoroughly convinced, you're just voting against the other guy, Scar, out of nothing but spite and hatred.

Wouldn't surprise me, considering your reputation.

-Rakai'Thwei