Din Djarin: 5
Callisto: 3

Umbrella Corporation vs. Skynet

MATCH SCORE
Umbrella Corporation: 0
Skynet: 5

Updatedude

Upcoming Chars

Knox is done, but I'm going to do a mini dump of characters, so I'm finishing another global that is about half finished.

Also, I need one vote please.

http://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26867&pid=353284&st=0&&do=findComment&comment=353284

I don't like drops. I try to do a weeks voting in one sitting and don't always have time to read seven new characters at once. Its kind of overwhelming and I find I often put it off till later and then go weeks before reading all of them. I'd Introduce them gradually unless they self-reference.

Hey Ivan, Any chance you're pulling Wally Wolf into the FPL Gallery?

I would need to rewrite him completely. As-is he works as a 100 word tournament character, and not as an FPL contender. Everything, right down to the power names, was engineered to work in the 100 word format. Maybe I'll look into making him a Global.

I think I will please the majority of you here by saying that I have no upcoming FPL projects...

No. You're still around, so the underlying problem hasn't disappeared yet.

More new people with new characters with more skill than a new person normally has. *Sigh*. I might have to do some digging. Been lenient lately. *pulls out the killin' gloves*

Jay, the God-Mode Cactus, Absinthes, and Super Crazy Hobo, not as far away as you might think. But I refuse to finish any of them 'till I get The Big Red W finished.

Pseudonym and I have characters that should be showing up at some point... I've just been slacking lately.

Read through it once. It's okay for a first character, and I genuinely mean that. It's not great and probably won't make it to famous, but I've seen a lot worse first attempts.

Aside from a few minor grammatical errors, most of what's holding it back is the writing style. It reads like a wikipedia summary of a comic book hero, not the actual comic book. Show the scenes happening in real time, him walking through and looking at the dream city, etc. Add description, perhaps some dialogue, and cut it up so its not one block paragraph. If anything the power descriptions are closer to what you want to be writing for all of it, but even then it needs to be expanded upon.

Also, it's often a good idea to check out the top rated characters to see what does really well here. There's a thread around here with tips and tricks, but I have no idea where it went.

As a minor note, in the bio you say the sentries duties are to protect the land of dreams from nightmares. But when he actually starts crime fighting, he just starts taking down random dudes with knives. Have him actually fight an escaped nightmare or an evil dream wizard or something.

Thanks, deo for the input and in keeping with the actual name of the forum...

Nightmauler - archenemy and antithesis of Dreamblade

Weed Whacker - Syndicate member who takes jobs to assasinate the Fallen villains. Catch phrase - The weeds must be whacked before the Reaper can harvest the big green stack. Uses advanced garden tools.

Reaper - boss of the Weed Whacker that I will make once I have global

Next character you make, post him on the FPL Character Analysis board before putting him in the gallery.

Also, Weed Wacker (not Whacker?) will be hard to write well.

Wack is more of a slang term saying how something is bad, not as in evil but as in other words lame.

Ex: That movie was wack.

Translation: That movie was really bad.

This character is coming to streets

rsz_1syndicate_guy.jpg

This one is too (his sister)

rsz_syndicategirl.jpg

These guys are half done (for street)

rsz_oddjobs.jpg

At some point, this girl (street)

rsz_badachick.jpg

and my global has been completed, but I'm waiting on the RP to end. Also, I think I got another Global half completed too. So you know, one day...BAM!