If you are using any of the following reasons to vote on a CBUB match, please, for your own sake, rethink your methods.
1. "I didn't read the setup, but I like Character X more than Character Y, so I'll vote for him."
It's not a popularity contest. Consider the setup and the powers.
2. "I haven't read the setup, but I'm sure that Character X will win no matter what."
Read the setup. I cannot stress this enough. It doesn't always happen, but the setup can determine who would actually win.
3. "I don't care about Character X, but I hate Character Y, so I'll vote against him."
Vote based on powers, abilities, armaments, etc. and the setup. Never vote just because you don't like a character.
4. "I don't know either of these characters. I'll vote for the one that looks cooler."
Never vote just to vote. If you don't know the characters, then either do some research, or better yet, just don't vote.
5. "I read the setup, but I like character X more than Character Y."
I reiterate: the CBUB is not a popularity contest. Never vote based on who you like more.
6. "I'll vote for character X just because everyone says he'll win."
A lot of the people who post comments on matches have legitimate opinions. Don't let that influence you. Vote for who you think will win based on all the factors.
7. "I'll vote for character X just because everyone says that Character Y will win."
No. Just no. Being contradictory solely for the purpose of being contradictory isn't funny. It's stupid. Don't do this.
8. "Nobody is voting for character X. I'll vote for him out of pity."
This goes along with number 8. The comments may be in favor of one character, but that doesn't necessarily reflect the votes.
9. "I hate Company X, so I'm voting for Character Y."
You may hate DC, but that doesn't mean that Batman will lose to the Spanish Inquisition. Base your vote on the characters.
10. "I don't really care one way or another. I just like pressing the 'vote' button."
If you listen to nothing else, listen to this. This isn't funny. This isn't cool. This is dumb. The vote button is not there for you to play with.
Alright, guys, before you comment, I want to say that I'm not pointing fingers at anybody. I'm not saying anybody is doing this. But after thinking about it, I figured that these would be the ten most likely reasons for ridiculous match results.
Just throwing my two cents in.