• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Cujogoodie

Cujogoodie

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Creative Writing. Who can win a fight? Who's the smartest? Who has the best attitude? The world of fiction is rivaled in majesty only by our own minds, to search one, you must understand the other.<br /><br />Which is to say, I'm interested in everything, I'll watch/listen to anything once.

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:04 PM

"This is going to be fun, competing with a colleague and ally." Ren grinned.

"Don't be so overconfident, for one, we don't know if this job requires any killing, and two, if it does, there are more efficient and less violent ways to kill someone other than stabbing them."

#22 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:24 AM

"Don't be so overconfident, for one, we don't know if this job requires any killing, and two, if it does, there are more efficient and less violent ways to kill someone other than stabbing them."

As she spoke, Yoshida turned to Renee and stared at her as though he were looking through her rather than at her. "You've not acquired the taste for killing, yet.", he said. As he gazed into her eyes he seemed to speak in patronly manner. "You will", he finished.
He spun his chair around to face her before he spoke again. "It is quite obvious that there is an intention for killing." "Why else would an assassin and mercenary be required?" At this he brandished a dagger and deftly balanced it on the tip of his index finger, the whole while continuing eye contact. "And as for the method..all killing is violent" "Some forms more than others." "'Tis truth in that.", he said in agreement. "What would you have us do then?"
As he continued to question Renee, Yoshida began to flip the knife up and catch it, balancing it in the palm of his hand.

"Maybe we could poison them slowly, over the course of years, or lock them in a cell with no food and wait over the course of several weeks." He seemed particularly sarcastic about the subject. "We could even insert a brain eater ant into someone's ear and wait 2 days... but I doubt we have time for that." The dagger began to spin in the air as Yoshida played his dangerous game of catch.
"I'll not question your methods for "interrogation.."" he said, finally allowing the knife to rest again upon his finger. "...So don't question my methods for dealing death." "Besides, there will come a time soon, I'm sure, that you will be relieved to have someone with my skills keeping you alive."

#23 Cujogoodie

Cujogoodie

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Creative Writing. Who can win a fight? Who's the smartest? Who has the best attitude? The world of fiction is rivaled in majesty only by our own minds, to search one, you must understand the other.<br /><br />Which is to say, I'm interested in everything, I'll watch/listen to anything once.

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:05 PM

Renee rolled her eyes at Yoshida's knife tricks.

"You're right, I don't have a taste for killing. I've got a taste for money, and unless the killing will bring money, I don't find it to be all that important. If some fool is charging at me with a butterfly and I've got a Baretta, of course I'll shoot him, but unless that happens, I'll prefer to leave the shooting and stabbing to some pompus macho a...Somebody like you who enjoys that kind of stuff. I'd imagine that you two were hired so that any killing that did happen would be quiet and affective, because I've never heard of a flashy assasin that lasted longer than a week."

"But hey, maybe you'll be the exception that proves the rule." She added with a smile.

#24 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:11 PM

Yoshida attempted a scowl at Renee's taunts, the one he'd always used when intimidation was needed. It was said that Yoshida's stare was so intense that it could freeze the blood in a man's veins and that his scowl could cause even the bravest Tamarroon warrior to soil himself, yet clearly Renee had developed an immunity. His eyes, however gave way to the grin that he was hiding underneath.

Renee's plucky nature was very reminiscent of Becca's... "Why does that intrigue me so much?", he wondered. Suddenly, the thought of Becca reminded him of her presence onboard. At this notion, his stern composure resurfaced itself, erasing any doubt of his serious nature. "Women..", he pondered, "Unsettling creatures to say the least." Sheathing his blade, he prepared to dock the fighter.

#25 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:49 AM

Renee rolled her eyes at Yoshida's knife tricks.

"You're right, I don't have a taste for killing. I've got a taste for money, and unless the killing will bring money, I don't find it to be all that important. If some fool is charging at me with a butterfly and I've got a Baretta, of course I'll shoot him, but unless that happens, I'll prefer to leave the shooting and stabbing to some pompus macho a...Somebody like you who enjoys that kind of stuff. I'd imagine that you two were hired so that any killing that did happen would be quiet and affective, because I've never heard of a flashy assasin that lasted longer than a week."

"But hey, maybe you'll be the exception that proves the rule." She added with a smile.

"I'm just in this for money, not for the thrill of the hunt. Those kind of people do stupid stuff to make it more entertaining." Ren added.

#26 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:09 AM

Yoshida set the fighter on A.I. pilot to allow the fighter to lock onto the docking system automatically. When he swung his captain's chair around his thoughts drifted to the upcoming assignment. Or rather the lack of knowledge concerning the same. He'd taken assignments before with very background information. As a matter of fact, most of his previous kills were executed with nothing more than a holo-pic and a likely location. Reasons were not only unnecessary, they were unwanted by most assassins. But this time, he'd accepted a "blind assignment."

Blind assignments were not unheard of in the Assassin's Guild, but were rare. Entering a contract for this type of work was usually only performed for a select group of clients. This time, however, it was a manner of survival. The price of remaining under the radar was high. Not to mention that if the rumors were true, Ezekial's reward for this endeavor would go a long way towards rebuilding the Assassin's Guild.

"I am Yoshida..," he reminded himself. .."but the Guild most be remade." "The destiny of the Yoshida family shall not die with me.", he vowed to himself.

#27 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

Ren looks at an object he pulled out. "Heads I win, tails I-wait a minute...it's a bottle cap. Top I win, bottom they lose."

#28 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

Yoshida continued to analyze the group before him. "The dynamic of this team is rather ecelctic", he reasoned. "But why such a varied range of skills?" "Could this be a robbery of some sorts?" While he was not opposed to such actions, it seemed a waste of his talents. Maybe a high ranking official was in need of "removal". "Intriguing", he pondered.

#29 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:13 PM

(I guess this RP is dead)

#30 Magnus

Magnus

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:07 PM

Ok, I should have posted something long before this, but yes. I did let the RP die.

The concept of the story was based off Coyboy Bebop, where the world has ended and the remnants struggle for survival, with a little outlaw star and firefly added in. I meant for it to be a low fantasy/feats setting, very little superhero action going around. But from the first post this was adverted where the calm bar room suddenly was turned into a blood bath. The phrase “introduce yourselves” doesn’t translate into “kill everything in sight”.

I had purposely not mentioned the caliber of weapons as it would have been explained that the station was a weapons free zone. The characters would then get to choose weapons from a list of items ranging from electrified sabers/knives, to mag-lubed pistols. Not lightsabers and energy beam weapons.

Now, as creator of this RP, I would NOT like for it to be reposted on another forum. While the idea was inspired by another work of fiction, the setting is very much my own. Geothermal portals from IO to Ganymede, the Regent Sun, the ship that was supposed to ignite Saturn but doomed the earth, the rivalry between Mars and Venus, the plot, it is all mine. These are ideas created by me, and will be featured in a few FPL characters as well as a few short stories. You are welcome to take ideas from the story, but copy and pasting it to another forum on the net does not make me happy.

#31 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:49 AM

Duly noted.. Are you gonna pick this back up..? I'd love to keep going..following your guidelines of course

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users