• Please log in to reply
516 replies to this topic

#21 Kinetic War

Kinetic War

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:This article is too long. Consider splitting it into separate articles.

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:57 PM

Fang: The zombie's head explodes from the impact of the bullet, and the rest of the abomination slumps on the ground like a marionett with its threads cut. Good riddance, you think to yourself. You check yourself for any blood. Though the bacteria or whatever it is that's causing this to happen probably can't get through the skin, you refuse to take chances. Then you turn around. Miriam will probably need help with barricading the pantry, and the new guy is all alone, facing whatever it is upstairs. You will have to choose which one to help.

Miriam: Whether or not you like the fact that you're being bossed around, it's true that the crazies in the pantry will soon attack, especially now that they've heard a gunshot. If they got in, at least one of them is bound to remember how doors are opened. Looking around, you see a large closet right next to the door, but you'll be unable to move it by yourself. A bit farther down the hallway, there's a heavy-looking desk that one person could push, but that would take too much time. Since the pantry door opens inwards, you can't block it with your body.

Richie: There are a few panicked survivors still alive, you see a couple of them hiding behind desks and closets. Then you see the dark room with no windows at the end of a corridor. You hear a sound that could only mean someone feeding on a fresh kill. You move closer to the door, and in the small ray of light that goes in, you notice some bleeding, scarred creature hunched over the corpse od a dead man. You can still see the look of terror on the man's face. You refuse to believe the crazy stuff that the young guy said. Dead ones? The dead are dead, you've seen it too many times in wars. When you shoot a guy, he will bleed, and probably die. There are no such things as the living dead. Some cannibalistic mutations, perhaps, but no corpses risen from the grave. That's madness. With this in mind, you brace yourself as the creature turns around and sees you, rises up, and starts to slowly move towards you...

Jeff: The man turns around, and for a second you feel like a moose during hunting season. Even when it's clear that he sees you're not a rabid one, he seems hesitant to stop pointing at you with his pistol. But the woman pushes the gun-holding hand away from your face. "James!" she says to him. "He's one of us!" The man puts the gun away, and the woman smiles at you. "Excuse my boyfriend", she says and shakes your hand. A bit weakly and nervously, which you interpret as a bad sign. "I'm Mindy, and this is James. We're looking for a missing friend. A huge bald guy called Buck. Have you seen him?" You, certain that you have seen nobody that fits the description lately, say no. "You're welcome to ride with us, there's still one place up in the front." The woman's quick "are you OK with this" glances towards the man makes you doubt if he treats her very good when others are not watching. You don't think you'll like this James. A bit. You three get in the van, you in the middle, James to your right, and Mindy in the driver's seat. As the car starts moving, you see that James is still gripping the gun in his hand. He doesn't trust you, and his shameless glaring at you proves this.

Soon, you arrive at the police station, where you see that the front door is blocked by at least ten of the shambling ones. Instead of getting scared or prepared, James looks happy. "Cool, a few rotters", he says, opens the door and gets out. "Yo, new guy", he shouts to you. "Go look if there's another way in. I'll take care of these", he says, before he starts shooting the monsters in the head, one by one. Mindy looks increasingly worried.

OOC: I'll write ND7's participation as soon as his character is ready on the planning thread.

I'm going through a training period at work which makes it harder for me to visit the site, so I'll continue with the story whenever I have the chance, whether everybody's done something or not. If not, just go with how you think your character has been doing. I'll be wrapping up the first chapter quickly, so you will all get to be a team soon. Nova, don't kill off these NPC's in your next post, as I intend to use them in the plot (unless, of course, Jeff himself totally flips out and kills them for no apparent reason, in which case I'll think of something else).

#22 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:51 PM

I head off around to the back, trying to find another way in. After a quick search, I find another door. I almost run to it, my heart jumping for joy, only for it to suddenly stop. The door is locked. I bang on it a couple times, and wait for a response. Not hearing anything, I attempt to kick it down. Not nearly strong enough, the door doesn't move, and I get a bruised foot for my trouble. I head back to the country hick and his girlfriend. Maybe he can open the door I think to myself as I depart.

#23 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

A fluffy puppy with a heart of gold!

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:42 AM

The bastard falls after missing a chunk of its head. Good.

As the next round loads I look over. Miriam is looking for something to barracade the door while I can hear some movement upstairs. I decide to rush to Miriam, take care of the immediate threat. I could help her move the closet but a good chunk of our food supplies are there. Well have to take out the beasts eventually...

With that in mind, I spot a fire extinguisher and some hairspray cans a female was using earlier. I could try n jurryrig a small(pantry sized)pressurized blast, or flame(depending on which gets set off) but I dont have any ignition, using the rifles a bit slow and risky. Maybe Miriam or Mr. Hero has something that could be used. I move over to the nearby closet with her, best make sure these zombies arent going anywhere first. As we begin to move the closet, I bluntly ask:

"Got a lighter?"

#24 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

Richie notices the sounds. "This cannot be right." he sighed. He cautiously planned a strike to pierce its skull. To him, when he was in doubt, he would destroy the cranial area. This helped him in the war, blowing off the heads of terrorists and guerrillas. His E-tool was ready, and he struck at the zombie's head, vertically. As he struck at the creature's head, he had hopes that this would defeat it.

#25 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:34 PM

The bastard falls after missing a chunk of its head. Good.

As the next round loads I look over. Miriam is looking for something to barracade the door while I can hear some movement upstairs. I decide to rush to Miriam, take care of the immediate threat. I could help her move the closet but a good chunk of our food supplies are there. Well have to take out the beasts eventually...

With that in mind, I spot a fire extinguisher and some hairspray cans a female was using earlier. I could try n jurryrig a small(pantry sized)pressurized blast, or flame(depending on which gets set off) but I dont have any ignition, using the rifles a bit slow and risky. Maybe Miriam or Mr. Hero has something that could be used. I move over to the nearby closet with her, best make sure these zombies arent going anywhere first. As we begin to move the closet, I bluntly ask:

"Got a lighter?"

I reach around in the pants of the dead zombies and pull out a dusted and worn match box. I push it open and quickly count five matches. I toss the box over to Bob.

#26 Kinetic War

Kinetic War

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Interests:This article is too long. Consider splitting it into separate articles.

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:03 PM

OOC: Good job, you guys. You got the hang of this quickly. This is getting exciting...

Jeff: You return to the front, where James has just finished off the zombies, and is in the process of lighting a cigarette. Seems these shamblers were the only ones in the close vicinity, because you see none coming to investigate the sounds. Mindy has just locked the car doors and is walking to the station doors. You spot a quick sign of contempt on James' face when you tell him about the well-barricaded building. But then, just as quickly, he lifts his gun and shoots the lock off the door to the station. With a kick, he manages to smash the double doors wide open. You walk in, and see a guy and a girl holding some random equipment in their hands (OOC: For the rest, read below).

Fang and Miriam: Everything looks set. As you prepare to make quick work of the creeps in the pantry, you suddenly hear several shots outside. Before you have time to react, three people burst in through the door. One James Dean-esque guy with a lighted cigarette dangling from his lips and a big handgun in his right hand. Behind him, you see a woman in a nurse's outfit and another guy with a descriptive scar on his face. An odd bunch indeed. "Did someone call the Ghostbusters?" the armed man asks and grins. Just then, you see the handle on the pantry door go down and the door slowly opening. Fang's suspicions prove correct: The face of an infected peers from behind the door that is now ajar, and you can see more of them just behind him, readying themselves to jump at you...

Richie: You strike the creature in the head. It falls to the ground, and remains still. Probably dead. Just one more corpse in your path. Still, seeing the dead man in the next room removes any trace of guilt you might feel for killing an intellectually challenged cannibal. Just as you wipe your E-tool on a rag hanging on the wall, a small boy, one of the survivors, comes to you. He's bleeding from his left arm, and he's trying his best to cover the wound with his right hand. "Please, sir", he says, nearly crying. "There... there are two more in the back of the dark room. My grandpa is still there..."

#27 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

I watch as the others all stare at the Infected. I wait patiently for James to shoot him, but no shot rings out. Sighing, I quickly say "Don't just stand there! Shoot him!"

#28 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts
  • Interests:Mythology and other lore, reading, writing, Werewolves/wolves, weapons, science fiction, fighting, 19th/20th century literature (ex. Moby Dick, Call of the Wild, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes)

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

I heard a loud bang as I was planning the blast, me and miriam got caught of guard...when we looked back we had an oh crap expression.Theyre breaking out,oh hell. I cant reach my rifle, itd be too slow anyways, and the fire extinguisher is too risky. The others who rushed into the room are hesitating which isnt helpful. Only hope is the hairspray canister. I draw one of the matches, and light the thing.Then the can is raised and I point it in the room while Miriam tries to hold the door closed defensively in case the thing goes bad. This gonna be close, as I fire the spray through the flame...

Burn suckers!

#29 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:52 PM

Worrying and fretting, he promised to the boy that Richie would find his grandfather. "I need a flashlight." he said to himself. Rummaging for a light source, he would find a flashlight that was rather large flashlight. Richie slapped it, activating it. He would see two zombies and an elderly man. He used the activated flashlight to guide his strike. Stepping back while the groan and shamble, Richie goes to the defensive.

#30 Kinetic War

Kinetic War

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:30 AM

Fang: The plan works. It seems the infected had doused themselves in oil or something when going through the pantry, but they seem to be catching fire very easily. Closing the door and letting them burn in peace would perhaps be the best thing to do right now, but before you have the time to react, one of the newcomers step in front of you and starts shooting the burning creatures. It certainly is a quicker way to deal with them, but wasting ammo in that manner might not be the most ideal survival strategy. Suddenly, one of the burning infected jumps out from the doorway and grab Miriam. You can't shoot without risking to hit her as well.

Miriam: Before you know it, one of the burning infected from the room jumps at you and grabs you by the neck. You manage to keep it at a distance with your arms, but its grip on you is tight, and you find it's getting harder and harder to breathe.

Jeff: James gives you a quick look and whispers: "Don't get your panties in a twist", before he steps towards the door and starts shooting inside the pantry that is now on fire. And he laughs. Not just an amused laugh: his laugh sounds like the maniacal cackling of a raving lunatic. The insane creatures inside are running around, screaming like madmen, and for a second, you can't really tell the difference between James and the monsters. Mindy, who is still standing beside you, is shaking. You can only imagine what it might feel like to see a person you love slowly descending to madness in front of your eyes. Suddenly, Mindy collapses. You barely manage to catch her before she hits the ground. She's barely conscious, and she's hyperventilating. You need to get her some help fast.

Richie: You swing your weapon effectively and manage to knock down one of the monsters. However, you wonder why they seem to not at all be fazed by you snapping their elbows, and why they keep trying to bite you. Suddenly, you hear a growling behind you, and realize that you're surrounded. There's at least three more of them, coming at you from every direction. You're severely outnumbered, and the old man in the corner seems to be lapsing into some kind of a fit. Things are not looking bright.

Tom: You managed to hide when the zombies stepped into the room and started slaughtering the small group of survivors you had been hiding with for the time being. As opposed to most of the others, you had been outside, and had seen what all this was about. People are truly rising from the dead. Somehow, they had managed to get inside the police station, and there are still six of them on the loose. You suspect the little Italian boy, whom you had often seen sneaking around the building at night for leaving the door unlocked. Right now, the kid is standing on the doorway to the zombie-infested room, sobbing loudly. The military guy who just went inside might need some help.

#31 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:52 PM

"OK, here goes nothing!" Richie sighed. Using his E-tool as an axe and flashlight as a club, he attacked two of them horizontally, aiming for their heads of course. He rationalized that they had rabies and Richie fought with caution and calm. Knowing that the flashlight is made of metal, he bashed a zombie in the head and cleaved another one's head, creating an opening. HE dodged a zombies bite and ran as fast as he can.

#32 KevinDWolf93

KevinDWolf93

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 12,353 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:36 PM

Miriam: Before you know it, one of the burning infected from the room jumps at you and grabs you by the neck. You manage to keep it at a distance with your arms, but its grip on you is tight, and you find it's getting harder and harder to breathe.

"Crap! Stupid ass, Useless idiots!" Is about the only thing I can think of the new survivors, one trigger happy psycho targeting on the wrong things and the other two are...doing something useless.

"Hold on Miriam!"

A shot is too risky. I raise the rifle,like a club, already knowing that. This is way too dangerous but I cant think of a worse way to die than flaming zombie...the fact it being a flaming zombie is my fault is affecting this action as well. I give a glance on everyone else in the room..."If I die Im so haunting your asses." I charge and aim the butt of the rifle at the burning corpses skull.

#33 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:48 PM

I yell as loud as I can for anyone to help. I hear nothing in the next few minutes, so I pick her up and try to find someone who has some medical knowledge.

#34 Zreth

Zreth

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:20 AM

The rifle smashes through the zombies skull and it's brains splatter across her face she quickly tosses it aside and finds herself on fire and quickly jumps back onto the ground. " Eeeekk!" She shrieks as she begins rolling around the floor to put it out until she finally manages to snuff it out. Her clothes lightly scorched she stands "Okay lets not do that again, Sound good".

#35 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

I see the miltary dude run out and I chase after him and tell him to stop while Richie pulls his head inside his shell trigging the pistol tied to the top of his shell.

"Richie no!" I yell as I hear the gun shoot.

#36 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:12 PM

I see the miltary dude run out and I chase after him and tell him to stop while Richie pulls his head inside his shell trigging the pistol tied to the top of his shell.

"Richie no!" I yell as I hear the gun shoot.

Richard dodges the bullet, albeit barely. "Back in the military, we don't rig animals as weapons. And besides, the name's Richard. Richie's my army nickname. Take the gun off, give it to me, and I'll take care of 'em!" It was a good thing the bullet didn't graze him. Being in the Special Forces, he knew how to avoid being shot after being riddled with many AK-47 bullets.

#37 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:35 PM

Richard dodges the bullet, albeit barely. "Back in the military, we don't rig animals as weapons. And besides, the name's Richard. Richie's my army nickname. Take the gun off, give it to me, and I'll take care of 'em!" It was a good thing the bullet didn't graze him. Being in the Special Forces, he knew how to avoid being shot after being riddled with many AK-47 bullets.

"Richie's my turtle's name dude." I say as I hold Richie close to me. "Sorry Rich I can't do that cause if anything were to happen to me and Richie didn'thave that gun he would be just be a can of meat those undead bastards need to pry open." I say sadly.

#38 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:30 AM

"Richie's my turtle's name dude." I say as I hold Richie close to me. "Sorry Rich I can't do that cause if anything were to happen to me and Richie didn'thave that gun he would be just be a can of meat those undead bastards need to pry open." I say sadly.

"I see, but we all have to work together to preserve humanity. We should do what we have to do. Hell, for humanity, I might even sacrifice myself."

#39 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:36 AM

A tear starts to fall down my face as I take off the gun that is on Richie's head and give it to you. Ju-Hey!" I say as a zombie pushes me over and takes Richie. Cmon on! We got to get Richie back! I say as I chase after the zombie.

#40 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:49 AM

A tear starts to fall down my face as I take off the gun that is on Richie's head and give it to you. Ju-Hey!" I say as a zombie pushes me over and takes Richie. Cmon on! We got to get Richie back! I say as I chase after the zombie.

Riche then takes the gun and shoots it at the zombie's head. "Being a good marksman, I'm sure it'll go down. These things run out of ammunition, so you have to regulate it, not your turtle, as animals are unreliable. Get your turtle and go downstairs, I'll meet you there once I clean up the mess."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users